What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (2 Viewers)

Roto

Coach Gary Kubiak said Justin Forsett will play Week 14 against the Titans and "split" the running back work with Devontae Booker.

Forsett was just claimed off waivers on Monday, but he knows Kubiak's offense after playing for him with the Texans earlier in his career. Booker has averaged a pitiful 2.80 YPC in the five games since taking over as the Broncos' starter, and it appeared Kapri Bibbs was getting set to overtake him before landing on I.R. earlier this week. Neither back is a great Week 14 fantasy option.

The funny thing about Booker and even Spencer Ware is how coaches are splitting work by giving the back-up RB passing downs and 2 minute offense snaps.  Both Booker and Ware can catch well.  The way these snaps are divided, it's killing their value in PPR leagues. You're just barely getting into double-digit scores, especially with Booker.

If I had a sandwich and my wife asked me to split it with her I'd assume she wanted me to half it. If I typically split up my sandwich in quarters and typically shared one of the quarters with my kid and my wife asked me to split up the sandwich like I typically do with my kid I'd assume she wanted me to break her off one of the quarters of the sandwich.

That is an example of how the word split can be interpreted differently and illustrates the difference between what roto is reporting that tweet as saying and what the tweet they referenced actually says.

I thought I had a lower end RB1 with Booker when CJA went down.  Now I am considering starting Jacquizz or Gillislee over him in the playoffs. Yeesh.

If I had a sandwich and my wife asked me to split it with her I'd assume she wanted me to half it. If I typically split up my sandwich in quarters and typically shared one of the quarters with my kid and my wife asked me to split up the sandwich like I typically do with my kid I'd assume she wanted me to break her off one of the quarters of the sandwich.

That is an example of how the word split can be interpreted differently and illustrates the difference between what roto is reporting that tweet as saying and what the tweet they referenced actually says.
Right and Kubiak must define "split" as in Booker gets 20 touches and Forsett gets 5 since that's what Kapri was getting.

I can't take Forsett's presence seriously. 

What I can take seriously is the possible unfortunate truth that neither of these guys could be worth a damn @TN, NE, @KC the rest of the year because the offense is a square wheel for a variety of reasons (not just one particular RB).

I thought I had a lower end RB1 with Booker when CJA went down.  Now I am considering starting Jacquizz or Gillislee over him in the playoffs. Yeesh.
I actually thought from the time Anderson went down for ROS he was a top 5 RB. Instead he's a solid RB3 due to volume, still someone I use over those options you presented, but someone I would hope to have another option to use instead of playing.

I think sometimes people get to carried away with YPC and/or TD's. As an example his YPC is about dead even with what Melvin Gordon's was after Gordon's first 21 games. The first 7 of those games being this season but where Gordon was a fantasy stud while averaging under 3.5 YPC. I did not hear a lot of people saying that Melvin Gordon sucks because of a low YPC, but instead rejoicing they got a fantasy stud due to scoring TD's and involvement in passing game.

But I only bring that up because I did not want to just focus on the low YPC as a reason Booker is not good. Again using the Gordon example I felt even when his YPC was low he looked explosive, at least this season, it was just for whatever reason not translating. So I went back last night and re-watched Booker's JAX game  last night and afraid to say I found nothing encouraging about it and frankly it reminded me of non-rookie year Trent Richardson in so many ways. Like how Trent would constantly get bottled up and I'd think it was all related to the OL but then the backup would enter and always outperform Trent and almost always look like they had more running lanes to work with than Trent. That would lead to me musing how Trent was not being used correctly and needed to be more involved in the passing game or "put in space" and I think now in hindsight the other RB's created space and Trent ran to contact. Booker, like Trent, almost seems to be a magnet for the contact. It's like he looks like he has a lane and I think he's off to a nice looking run but he rarely ever makes it through the lane. Like Trent he seems to run hard and strong yet oddly like Trent seems to go down quite easily most of the time which is so odd for someone who runs hard and strong-like we saw on his TD last week.  He, like Trent, gets tackled in space when they only have one defender to allude or just going down on first contact way to much for a good NFL RB.  I'd heard some scouts speculate on what was wrong with Trent and one of them thought at the time he lacked creativity as a runner and those few times he got to the second level or in space it was exposed. This is how I feel watching Booker.  I never thought much of Bibbs but here was my low point re-watching that game last night. Denver came out in second quarter backed up near the goal line and ran the ball and it was not a super run but a nice solid hard run for 5 yards and I initially thought the runner was Booker, not Bibbs. When I thought it was Booker the thought I had was that was his best looking run of the night and he finally looked like he had some juice in his legs and that's when I noticed it was Bibbs. So in the end I thought a 5 yard run was the most encouraging he looked to me all game and it turns out it was not even his 5 yard run.

But I only bring that up because I did not want to just focus on the low YPC as a reason Booker is not good. Again using the Gordon example I felt even when his YPC was low he looked explosive, at least this season, it was just for whatever reason not translating. So I went back last night and re-watched Booker's JAX game  last night and afraid to say I found nothing encouraging about it and frankly it reminded me of non-rookie year Trent Richardson in so many ways. Like how Trent would constantly get bottled up and I'd think it was all related to the OL but then the backup would enter and always outperform Trent and almost always look like they had more running lanes to work with than Trent. That would lead to me musing how Trent was not being used correctly and needed to be more involved in the passing game or "put in space" and I think now in hindsight the other RB's created space and Trent ran to contact. Booker, like Trent, almost seems to be a magnet for the contact. It's like he looks like he has a lane and I think he's off to a nice looking run but he rarely ever makes it through the lane. Like Trent he seems to run hard and strong yet oddly like Trent seems to go down quite easily most of the time which is so odd for someone who runs hard and strong-like we saw on his TD last week.  He, like Trent, gets tackled in space when they only have one defender to allude or just going down on first contact way to much for a good NFL RB.  I'd heard some scouts speculate on what was wrong with Trent and one of them thought at the time he lacked creativity as a runner and those few times he got to the second level or in space it was exposed. This is how I feel watching Booker.  I never thought much of Bibbs but here was my low point re-watching that game last night. Denver came out in second quarter backed up near the goal line and ran the ball and it was not a super run but a nice solid hard run for 5 yards and I initially thought the runner was Booker, not Bibbs. When I thought it was Booker the thought I had was that was his best looking run of the night and he finally looked like he had some juice in his legs and that's when I noticed it was Bibbs. So in the end I thought a 5 yard run was the most encouraging he looked to me all game and it turns out it was not even his 5 yard run.
I was high on Booker coming into the year and especially when CJA got hurt, but I have been disappointed with the same since he took over.  He seems to go down way too easily via arm tackles.  Like when you see another RB burst through a hole and defenders kind of throw out an arm that bounces off their thighs and doesn't even slow them down, but with Booker he just kind of turtles up and falls over.  And I do wonder how much he is missing some cutback lanes and just plowing into the pile.

I still do wonder how much the fumbles have gotten to his head.  He's looked a lot worse following the fumbles and it's kind of held on this time.  He seems to be playing scared, not wanting to fumble rather than trying to make a play.

If my wife wanted me to split my sandwich I'd tell her she can make another sandwich for herself

Anyone else benching Booker?

I'm starting Gilleslee over Booker in my flex. Also have Dion and Taylor Gabriel as options.
Debating it for Ingram. Both options suck, but despite the dings and being on the road, Ingram has a slightly better matchup, and the split with Hightower is at least known. No idea how they are going to use Forsett.

Hard because it's a do or die game for Booker -- if he can't produce, Forsett's role only becomes more cemented. 

Anyone else benching Booker?

I'm starting Gilleslee over Booker in my flex. Also have Dion and Taylor Gabriel as options.
Benching him for Jennings at this point but the fact he will keep getting volume makes me 2nd guess that move.

I tend to agree with Bronco Billy on this one.  I can agree with the rookie wall on players seeing the majority of the snaps right off in week 1.  When you were COP guy the first half the season you shouldn't be hitting a wall.
Did someone say he might be hitting the wall?  lmmfao

I could bench him for Hightower. Unless I decided to start 2 RBs instead of then I would bench him for Doug Martin. (Other starter is Forte)

I began the week thinking I would use him as one of my flex spots but would pull him if Jordan Reed was active. Since than I re-watched the game from last week and thought his performance was so uninspiring that even if Reed was not active I'd go with Tevin Coleman instead.

Still holding out hope but obviously time is ticking. As I mentioned earlier his YPC is same as Melvin Gordons after 21 games of his career. I recall earlier this season Howard exploding onto the scene, then look slow and lumbering for a few weeks before again exploding. So still holding out hope, but would prefer to not use him just because he gets heavy volume until he plays well or injuries force my hand.

One interesting thing about Forsett I just thought about the other day. I think he is somewhat credited for mentoring guys like Lynch, Foster and someone else I'm forgetting?  Last season Ozzie referenced that when he talked about wanting to resign him, that they valued his ability to mentor a RB should they look to draft RB in the upcoming draft-this was last year as in the draft they took Buck Allen. So slim as a hope as it is, hoping Forsett addition actually helps him.

If anyone other than Forsett was signed to replace Bibbs I'd be flexing Booker. Too scared with the whole Forsett/familiarity angle. He hits the pine in favor of I think I just LaFell in love.

I began the week thinking I would use him as one of my flex spots but would pull him if Jordan Reed was active. Since than I re-watched the game from last week and thought his performance was so uninspiring that even if Reed was not active I'd go with Tevin Coleman instead.

Still holding out hope but obviously time is ticking. As I mentioned earlier his YPC is same as Melvin Gordons after 21 games of his career. I recall earlier this season Howard exploding onto the scene, then look slow and lumbering for a few weeks before again exploding. So still holding out hope, but would prefer to not use him just because he gets heavy volume until he plays well or injuries force my hand.

One interesting thing about Forsett I just thought about the other day. I think he is somewhat credited for mentoring guys like Lynch, Foster and someone else I'm forgetting?  Last season Ozzie referenced that when he talked about wanting to resign him, that they valued his ability to mentor a RB should they look to draft RB in the upcoming draft-this was last year as in the draft they took Buck Allen. So slim as a hope as it is, hoping Forsett addition actually helps him.
all season i've when ive watched booker i've not been impressed.  he's looked like JAG.  he defnitely did not look better than a healthy CJA did.  still i held on to him on my team because I thought by volume alone he'd be a great play if CJA went down.  But by volume alone he's only produced low end RB2 numbers thus far.

Personally, I'm not expecting big things from forsett.... he'll probably look no better than booker does when he gets his chance on sunday.  the whole thing is just something that needs to be avoided.   even if one guy were to get all the work you're looking at a low end RB2.  If you have deep benches I get rostering forsett.

Cliff's Notes (or Cole's Notes, depending on where you live) on what the heck happened here?

From box score, clear that DEN was struggling to set up the run. Pathetic YPC, yardage totals, and attempt totals overall. 

Looks like Forsett ended up with the lion's share of opportunities. I knew Kubiak would stick to his word and find a way to work Forsett in on short prep if Booker wasn't effective, which also seems to be the case.

But it's not as if Forsett clearly outperformed. He also had a fumble, which I take came early in the game. Strange that even with that fumble, Kubiak went back to him nearly exclusively.

So what does this mean going forward in terms of Booker's value? 

Is he even droppable now in redraft if you're in the playoffs and see a high ceiling/solid floor opportunity for the points instead of the uncertainty with this situation?

Given on what I see in the box score, that might be the way I'm thinking, but would be great to get color from those who watched the game. 

Cliff's Notes (or Cole's Notes, depending on where you live) on what the heck happened here?

From box score, clear that DEN was struggling to set up the run. Pathetic YPC, yardage totals, and attempt totals overall. 

Looks like Forsett ended up with the lion's share of opportunities. I knew Kubiak would stick to his word and find a way to work Forsett in on short prep if Booker wasn't effective, which also seems to be the case.

But it's not as if Forsett clearly outperformed. He also had a fumble, which I take came early in the game. Strange that even with that fumble, Kubiak went back to him nearly exclusively.

So what does this mean going forward in terms of Booker's value? 

Is he even droppable now in redraft if you're in the playoffs and see a high ceiling/solid floor opportunity for the points instead of the uncertainty with this situation?

Given on what I see in the box score, that might be the way I'm thinking, but would be great to get color from those who watched the game. 

Booker had absolutely nothing going early on. This is an Occum's razor thing. Booker is not good enough to hold off Forsett. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard a lot of talk about how Denver is going to use less zone blocking than they did with Gary Kubiak and how that is going to help Devontae Booker.

So … what will the Denver Broncos’ new offense look like under Mike McCoy?

The power blocking up front that McCoy has used over the years will be implemented — along with zone-blocking principles that Gary Kubiak used the past two seasons. “The best of both worlds,” as Joseph said, has the potential to breathe new life into an offense that, collectively, has been stagnant for the better part of two years.
They also hired Jeff Davidson to the the offensive line coach who has a history of preference for man blocking schemes, although he uses some zone blocking as well.

What has been confusing to me about this, is that Booker comes from a primarily zone blocking scheme in Utah that he was very successful in. 

I have an opinion that RB who have effective vision for the zone blocking scheme can be effective in any blocking scheme. Now maybe I just don't understand the different nuances of what a RB reads should be in different schemes. I did read some interesting things about this earlier this year, related to Leonard Fournette who has issues reading outside zone plays compared to runs that use man blocking. Brett Kollman points this out at the 5:55 mark of this video that outside zone runs are read outside to inside, while man blocking plays are read inside out.

In Utah Booker played for Dennis Erickson who has coached for the Seahawks and 49ers at the pro level. Here is an interesting article that goes into his coaching philosophy for the running game.

2. A running game consisting of inside and outside zone, Power-O and the counter trey.
Devontae Booker does not have excellent speed to threaten the edge as much on the outside zone runs, but is effective enough to find the cut back lane. It isn't his best play though, he thrives more on inside zone runs than outside.

Gary Kubiaks ZBS used more outside zone runs than inside and I found this article which goes into detail about some of Bookers struggles with the outside zone, where there are some examples of him making bad decisions of following failed blocking outside, instead of cutting back inside as he should.

For this article, I tracked his previous three games versus the New Orleans Saints, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Jacksonville Jaguars to see the trends of his performance. In these three games, Denver ran outside zone 28 times, or 43% of their called running plays. Out of those attempts, Booker's offensive line has blocked an average of 2.7 yards per carry, while he has only mustered 2.4 yards per carry. While 0.3 yards may seem insignificant, the Broncos use this play religiously on first and second downs to set the tone for the rest of the drive.
While I don't find a sample size of 3 games to be very telling about a players abilities, and using yards per carry on such a small sample size is also not very compelling, I really like this article because it does specifically point out some plays where I agree Booker had a better option if he would have cut these runs back to the inside. Not that there was a lot there for Booker on these plays, often just a difference of a couple yards. This at least shows specifically Booker not seeing those cut back lanes that are there. Later on in the article the author points out some outside zone runs that Booker does read correctly and cuts those to the inside. So it is not a matter of him having poor vision, he can read these plays, he just didn't do so consistently enough, and Denver was running the outside zone frequently.

Because of Bookers speed limitations, I don't think the outside zone is his best play. Where he thrives is off of inside zone runs. So therein lies my confusion when people say that Booker is not well suited for the zone blocking scheme. It makes sense that Booker would be more successful on outside zone plays at the college level, where defenders are not as fast or as good as defenders at the pro level, and I don't think the outside zone is Bookers best play to begin with. So with Kubiak using him in this fashion, it isn't using Booker at what he does best.

OC Mike McCoy has a track record of fitting the offense to what his players do best, rather than finding players who fit what the coach wants to do schematically, which seems to be what Kubiak was doing.

Some of the examples of Booker failures detailed in the article above are just poorly blocked plays as well. There was only one example where I thought there was enough space for Booker to actually do something good with it, and even that play is somewhat questionable without seeing how the defense reacted to the inside cut he did not opt to take. Other plays the inside cut could have possibly prevented a loss, but its not like Booker was leaving a lot of ungained yards on the field.

To illustrate the difference in the effectiveness of the blocking here is an article comparing the Dallas offensive line with Denvers, and how Denver was not really doing a very good job of blocking these plays, for any RB.

As a Booker owner I can't say I'm optimistic about his long term upside, but I agree with Bia about Mike McCoy - he's good at tailoring his offense around his personnel. Maybe I'm crazy, but he and Gailey are two of my favorite OCs. I think this is CJA's backfield (simply a better talent), but if he gets hurt again, I expect Booker to perform much better than last year. Might create a nice sell window for a guy who has basically no value right now. 

Profootballtalk.com reports a wrist injury could cost Devontae Booker "up to" 6-8 weeks.

It puts his Week 1 status in significant doubt, and raises the possibility Booker opens the season on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him the first six games. Booker opened camp on active/PUP, making him a reserve/PUP candidate, at least in theory. Booker shined in the first half of his rookie season, but fell flat when C.J. Anderson's year-ending knee injury thrust Booker into the Broncos' feature back role. At very least, his chances at earning early-season carries or even pushing Anderson for the starting job are now all but gone. Sixth-round pick De'Angelo Henderson is a name to keep in mind.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

A fracture was discovered in Devontae Booker's wrist at training camp checkups.

Booker originally experienced discomfort in the wrist at OTAs, but apparently no tests were run at the time. Per 9 News Denver's Mike Klis, Booker "could miss the first game or two of the regular season." Booker remains a good bet to make the Broncos' 53, but his injury will likely force the team to carry four tailbacks. At this point in time, those probable four would be C.J. Anderson, Jamaal Charles, De'Angelo Henderson, and Booker.

Source: 9 News Denver 

Jul 27 - 12:29 AM

Devontae Booker (wrist) is listed second on the Broncos' latest running back depth chart.

Despite his listing, Booker remains sidelined with a fractured wrist. If his injury lingers into the season, it would obviously be a huge help to Jamaal Charles, who is battling Stevan Ridley for the final spot in Denver's backfield. C.J. Anderson is locked in as the starter and De'Angelo Henderson has earned a job.

Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

The Denver Post reports Devontae Booker's (wrist) most recent X-rays looked good, and he could resume practicing as soon as this week.

Booker was originally reported to be targeting a Week 3 return. That's squarely in play. The question is what sort of role he will be returning to. The Broncos signed Jonathan Williams to the practice squad on Tuesday with an eye toward soon promoting him to the 53-man roster, while Jamaal Charles shined in the third preseason game. 2016 fourth-rounder Booker is currently without re-draft prospects.

Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter 

Sep 5 - 4:32 PM

Out-performed CJ last week + new offensive coordinator = Booker Time

The train is leaving the station. 

Last chance to get him cheap.

etc., etc. 

Not getting nearly enough pub this week.  Potentially gets 20 touches vs a putrid Oakland defense.  He should be on the flex radar at the minimum.  

Had him as CJs handcuff for weeks. Never started him. He's had some decent weeks. Im hoping I won't have to start him with Ingram, Hyde and Dion. But it's nice to have the depth in case.

Grabbed him in one league. Debating dropping Drake for him in another. Have CJ Anderson in both...
I'm dropping Drake (tight roster league) and Booker's on my list of RBs to pick up to replace him. I'm not a huge fan but he is more involved now, working in the passing game and the matchup is wonderful. Assuming the trend continues in terms of his involvement I'd give Booker Top 20 upside in PPR this week even with Anderson still there. 

I will add that as bad as Booker was last season when he was truly terrible was when he was getting heavy volume after Anderson's injury. When the two were healthy together Booker often looked damn good. That's why so many people, myself included, went after him hard when Anderson got hurt. Unfortunately it didn't work out. But it's possible he's not built for 20+ touches per game but can excel in the 15 or so range. Less wear and tear could help him stay fresh and be more effective. So far in his career that's what we've seen from him - looking appealing as part of a committee but terrible when given the clear lead back role. 

I’m in wait and see mode this week...

playing Collins, McKinnon, and L Murray over him.

yeah, my RB situation sucks.

• Smile
Reactions: One
II will add that as bad as Booker was last season when he was truly terrible was when he was getting heavy volume after Anderson's injury. When the two were healthy together Booker often looked damn good. That's why so many people, myself included, went after him hard when Anderson got hurt. Unfortunately it didn't work out. But it's possible he's not built for 20+ touches per game but can excel in the 15 or so range. Less wear and tear could help him stay fresh and be more effective. So far in his career that's what we've seen from him - looking appealing as part of a committee but terrible when given the clear lead back role. 
IMO Booker's lackluster performance in the lead role last year was mostly about a rookie getting used to the speed of the game. This year he looks significantly more decisive and more burst as a result. He got 300-350 touches/year in college.

Broncos have a favorable schedule ROS and streamlined playbook with Lynch starting at QB.

Booker has low RB1 upside if coaches give him the lead role over Anderson and/or CJ gets hurt.

Probably dropping Aaron jones for Booker.  Not a fan of the RBBC in GB and not sure when Jones will return to the field.   At least in Denver it is only 2 guys involved in their committee.  

Anyone feel confident this shift in snap share is going to hold? I feel like CJA is more talented, but for fantasy purposes I'd just like one of them to win/be given the job outright. They've both been rotting on my bench for a while...

I'm dropping Drake (tight roster league) and Booker's on my list of RBs to pick up to replace him. I'm not a huge fan but he is more involved now, working in the passing game and the matchup is wonderful. Assuming the trend continues in terms of his involvement I'd give Booker Top 20 upside in PPR this week even with Anderson still there. 

I will add that as bad as Booker was last season when he was truly terrible was when he was getting heavy volume after Anderson's injury. When the two were healthy together Booker often looked damn good. That's why so many people, myself included, went after him hard when Anderson got hurt. Unfortunately it didn't work out. But it's possible he's not built for 20+ touches per game but can excel in the 15 or so range. Less wear and tear could help him stay fresh and be more effective. So far in his career that's what we've seen from him - looking appealing as part of a committee but terrible when given the clear lead back role. 
I think part of this is related to the down and distance that Booker was used in as well. As the lead RB they play in all situations, while as a COP RB they are not as much a focus of the defense (especially not as a rookie) and I recall reading that COP RB in Kubiaks offense have had better efficiency stats than the starter before. Not just last year with Booker and Anderson.

In 2015 for example CJ Anderson had better yards per carry and yards per reception than Ronnie HIllman.

IIRC the Broncos had some key offensive linemen hurt around the same time as Booker took over as well, which did not help.

Based on college performance Booker should be able to be the feature RB. College isn't the NFL but he was a workhorse for Utah.

That said Booker has a career ypc of 3.6 on 214 rushing attempts which is below average.His longest run so far has been 26 yards. A big run at some point would have a very positive effect on that number. However one of Bookers weaknesses is long speed. He is certainly fast enough to be an effective starting RB in the NFL in my view, but those really long runs are less likely for him than some other RB. Defensive backs can catch him from behind.

In Bookers most recent game he played on 48 offensive snaps (59%) 14 rushing attempts 44 yards 6 targets 5 receptions 54 yards.

It does seem that Booker is a more effective receiver than Anderson (something I predicted he would be as a rookie prospect) but I don't think he is actually running the ball better than Anderson has yet.

I think the poor QB play is making it more difficult for the RBs as well. With a greater threat of being beaten by the pass, defenses would not focus as much on stopping the run.

Booker is worth having on your roster and the yards from last game, as well as the coaching change may be positive signs for him. His playing time increased to near 60% in the last game, which is the threshold I consider to be a "lead" RB and his opportunities doubled compared to all previous games this year.

Remains to be seen how effective he can be with that role, if he does indeed maintain it moving forward.

I think Bill Musgrave is a pretty good coach for RBs although its not clear to me how much of a say he will have in that or if they still have a separate run game coordinator?

Anyone feel confident this shift in snap share is going to hold? I feel like CJA is more talented, but for fantasy purposes I'd just like one of them to win/be given the job outright. They've both been rotting on my bench for a while...
I think it will. Anderson actually saw about the same amount of snaps last week as before. It was Jamaal Charles that was the big difference. He was all but taken out of the offense last week. Earlier the passing down snaps were mostly going to Charles and last week they went to Booker. 

Anderson is playing under a huge contract but after this year he can be cut because none of the money is guaranteed going forward. It is very likely he will be cut for money reasons. So for the same reason they are playing Lynch they probably will feature Booker more too. They want to see what they have. The rest of this season is evaulation for the Broncos.

So for the same reason they are playing Lynch they probbably will feature Booker more too. They want to see what they have. The rest of this season is evaulation for the Broncos.
This is a good point. Makes it tempting to start Booker against a suspect Oakland defense in turmoil (fired DC). 

I expect a 65-35% split again this week in favour of Booker in terms of snaps. I wouldn't be shocked if Jamaal Charles is inactive this week or if he gets cut later in the year once the Broncos are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see what happens under the new OC. My money is on CJ getting 70% of the runs. Grabbed Booker just in case. Definitely not starting either until we get some clarity.
I wouldn't put money on it, but I think this is a real possibility that most people are skimming right over.

That offense needs a base/identity to work off of, the QBs can't provide it and IMO Anderson is the best of the three in terms of a 20-touch guy you can anchor around.

Users who are viewing this thread