Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Devontae Booker, N.Y. Giants


Recommended Posts

19 carries for 54 yards and a TD, 6 receptions for 30 yards.  Things are a little different when you're 'the guy' and this was Booker's first start.

I'm thinking he has a better understanding of that now...and hopefully the fantasy community does too.  If CJ Anderson had been healthy and put up these numbers (2.83 ypc) people would have speculated that he would (or should) lose carries to the backup. :)

There will be better days, though I agree that there may be some concern regarding loss of opportunity at the GL.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought he looked damn good at times last night but Kubiak was hell bent on forcing Bibbs in when it wasn't working. There were a several times when Booker busted off some nice plays and promptly ca

When I first saw that quote I thought it was in response to a question specifically about Booker but it wasn't and it makes the comment perhaps more telling. For those who haven't watched the cli

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey  Nov 8 Devontae Booker only 19 rushing yds before contact over the last 2 weeks, tied w/Andy Dalton for 54th lowest in the NFL #Broncos @1043TheFan Cecil Lamme

7 minutes ago, Duffy said:

19 carries for 54 yards and a TD, 6 receptions for 30 yards.  Things are a little different when you're 'the guy' and this was Booker's first start.

I'm thinking he has a better understanding of that now...and hopefully the fantasy community does too.  If CJ Anderson had been healthy and put up these numbers (2.83 ypc) people would have speculated that he would (or should) lose carries to the backup. :)

There will be better days, though I agree that there may be some concern regarding loss of opportunity at the GL.

 

Well to be fair on the YPC he had like 6 carries for 0 yards over the last 5 minutes when SD was just stacking the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Well to be fair on the YPC he had like 6 carries for 0 yards over the last 5 minutes when SD was just stacking the line.

To be totally fair, he had 2 carries for 1 yard in the final 5 minutes.

After 3 quarters he was 12-34, under 3 yards a carry.

The 18 yard carry at the beginning of the 4th saved his box score average, otherwise people would be talking about an 18-36 yard day. I think his final 19-54 and 2.8 yard average represented what type day he had pretty well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Worried about his shoulder. I had read they looked at it again after the game and were going to examine it when they got back to Denver. Bye week in two weeks and would hate to see him get rested until after, or worse. Hopefully nothing here but as we just saw with this same team the fact he re-entered the game after getting dinged is no guarantee he's good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

SD defense looks way better now that Bosa is involved. I think Booker looked pretty good regardless of the YPC

It is pretty amazing what 1 player can do. He looks like a real difference maker in all facets of the game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump.

This link, courtesy of Dr. Brew, has me a little worried.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-RB-Devontae-Booker-undergoing-tests-on-shoulder-48655650

Having more evaluative tests is not a good thing. Hoping it's precautionary and we see Booker back participating fully come tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Bump.

This link, courtesy of Dr. Brew, has me a little worried.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-RB-Devontae-Booker-undergoing-tests-on-shoulder-48655650

Having more evaluative tests is not a good thing. Hoping it's precautionary and we see Booker back participating fully come tomorrow.

No news coming out to have us believe it's anything serious. AFAIK, shoulder injuries are all or nothing as far as missing time, with less grey area than in leg/foot/head injuries. If he played last game and didn't show signs of being encumbered, he should be fine for next week.

Although with the way this season is going...

Edited by Absolutely Nothing
Link to post
Share on other sites

That fumble was right out of the Spencer Ware playbook. Those 2 fumbles at the goalline weeks apart cost me 2 wins. I hope he tightens that ball up.

I'm guessing the shoulder is fine. I really enjoyed watching him run, he could have had such a huge day. I take that as a positive, he will have great opportunities for multiple TDs each game.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That fumble was right out of the Spencer Ware playbook. Those 2 fumbles at the goalline weeks apart cost me 2 wins. I hope he tightens that ball up.

I'm guessing the shoulder is fine. I really enjoyed watching him run, he could have had such a huge day. I take that as a positive, he will have great opportunities for multiple TDs each game.

Yup his fumble cost me last week. Lost by 2 points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, brainee said:

Such a depressing game. Did he really have much of a shot tonight? Or was the blocking just so bad?

Denver's O isn't very good. the OL is a subpar unit, the O typically comes out of the gate slowly and trying to pass to open up the run. the lanes haven't been there, but there hasn't really been a commitment to establishing the run either. Booker is talented, but the O is probably going to struggle all year and Bibbs may have carved out more playing time with his big play on the screen pass tonight.

 

to answer your question, he didn't have much of a shot tonight for a number of reasons, poor play by the OL being one of them. the problem is, those reasons have been an issue most of the year and will likely continue.

Edited by Buffaloes
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Offensive Line is about as bad as any in the league.  

The play calling was very odd.  I am not sure why the Broncos have seemed to go away from throwing to the rb's.  I dont remember a single screen for Booker, and I think he only had 2 targets all night.   Bibbs took the screen late in the 4th on an amazing run.  Last year the Broncos would regularly target Anderson but they dont seem to do that.  Maybe it is because the offensive line is so bad that the rb needs to stay in to block?

I still think that moving foward - Booker will dominate snaps and touches, but I think we have to lower the ceiling due to how poor the off-line is playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Funny how JAG CJ Anderson did pretty well with this offensive line and QB, but the top 5 ROS RB can't get any traction against a poor run D. 

 

Booker just has not passed the eye test in the NFL. 

I thought he was looking damn good in the two games prior to becoming the starter. So in those two games I would say he absolutely passed the eye test. He had some good runs last week too in my opinion. Last night he looked like an absolute disaster. Bibbs absolutely outplayed him and as a Booker owner I am definitely concerned. The good news is he gets the Saints next week but I think Bibbs has earned a few more touches based on what he showed last night. Not enough to make this a RBBC just yet but if Booker fails to impress next week against one of the most pathetic defenses in the league it will absolutely become Defcon 1 time for all Booker owners.

If Bibbs impresses again Kubiak may have to strongly consider a RB change. We're at the point in the season where coaches can't afford to mess around. They need to put their best players on the field to win games and if Booker can't get it done than Kubiak needs to find someone who can. 

Edited by packersfan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Funny how JAG CJ Anderson did pretty well with this offensive line and QB, but the top 5 ROS RB can't get any traction against a poor run D. 

 

Booker just has not passed the eye test in the NFL. 

As clueless as I have seen on here in a long time...

Just embarrassing yourself and your family man. Stop. Your kids don't deserve it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Raider fan who started Booker, I don't think there's much more Booker could have done. He didn't have many holes and he got play calls up the gut. 

Bibbs looked good but his biggest plays from memory were a sweep toss and then a screen pass. I wish Booker had a chance with the ball in space.

The Raiders played their best defensive game of the year last night. Booker had looked great the past two weeks. I think Booker will be fine.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I'm guessing he'll fall from 8th best RB going forward in FBG's to like 17. 

Without looking at all the RB matchups for Week 10 I gotta think he'll be ranked in the Top 10 at the position next week, though against the Saints. That matchup is just too damn good. Look at what DuJuan Harris did to them yesterday and he's barely an average talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, packersfan said:

Without looking at all the RB matchups for Week 10 I gotta think he'll be ranked in the Top 10 at the position next week, though against the Saints. That matchup is just too damn good. Look at what DuJuan Harris did to them yesterday and he's barely an average talent. 

I meant going forward.  This week he'll be ranked high but for ROS. FBG's had him 8th best RB for the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I meant going forward.  This week he'll be ranked high but for ROS. FBG's had him 8th best RB for the year.

Yeah I would expect a drop ROS. But if he blows up next week then he rises back up. These things do tend to fluctuate based on weekly performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shader said:

Just another example of a random guy everyone fell in love with for no reason at all.

 

 

I don't believe this to be true.  He looked really really good backing up CJA in particular over about a month stretch right before CJA got hurt.  He looked fluid in the passing game and shifty with power in the running game.  And Denver likes to run the ball and play defense.  He was very very close to a 2-3 TD game against SD in his first start.

I can't explain the Oakland game.  But there were tangible signs there for a monster second half of season for Booker after CJA went down.  And it was more than just opportunity.  He looked really good in his touches to that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol @ people basing Booker off this one horrendous game. The Broncos were outplayed in all three phases, offense, defense and special teams. Its blatantly obvious that Siemian struggled all night but they decided that they needed to air it out all game even though nothing was working. The game was close but they abandoned the run. Just bad play calling and bad play all around. Games like this happen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Booker since getting double digit rush attempts:

 

46 rushes 159 yds 3.46 ypa. 7 catches 42 yds 6.0 ypr. 2 TDs 2 fumbles

 

Since becoming the starter 2 games ago:

 

29 rushes 76 yds. 2.62 ypa. 6 catches 38 yds 6.33 ypr. 1 TD 1 fumble

 

I'm not sure how that doesn't translate to concern after the way he looked in TC and the Preseason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Funny how JAG CJ Anderson did pretty well with this offensive line and QB, but the top 5 ROS RB can't get any traction against a poor run D. 

Pretty good?

CJ Anderson averaged 3.7ypc or less in 5 of his 7 games.  That is more like "pretty bad", which to be fair Booker has been even worse but it's only been two games.  Once a month or so the Broncos seem to be able to actually open up a few holes and let the RB have a good game, other than that it's the occasional good fantasy game due to a short TD opportunity mixed in with a bunch of being stuffed at the line.

One thing i have noticed with Booker is that since his fumble last week he seems to be focusing more on holding onto the football than making plays.  He has 3 fumbles on the year now and I think he's worried that if he puts it on the turf again he'll be benched.  I saw the same thing at the beginning of the year when his next couple games after the week 1 fumble he was very tentative.  He needs to loosen up.

 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
Link to post
Share on other sites

Strike while the iron (hype) is hot. :ph34r:

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, MattFancy said:

Ian Rapoport tweeting that Anderson is telling people he's done for the year.

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, OU#1 said:

I bid $200/300 got outbid @ $230.  :wall:

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, packer_junkie said:

With 'breaking news' that CJA is done for year. How many Rbs are better than this guy ROS??

Johnson

Bell

Elliot

Murray

Mccoy?

Gordon? 

Gurley?

Miller?

He's almost a lock top 10 am I wrong?? 

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, Absolutely Nothing said:

CJ was RB12 in my league when he went down. Not too many tough matchups ROS, but until we see the guy carry the load for 20+ carries, I wouldn't put him above RB10-12. That said, he has obvious upside with the lack of competition and good defense. As an owner, I am excited about his prospects and am starting him this week over a few higher-projected names, as a natural skeptic I'm only cautiously optimistic those CJ points translate well.

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, ldizzle said:

He won't need Bell cow numbers to be top 10.

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

The weekly projections are updated at least (Booker #8 overall in my league's PPR format).

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:36 AM, packersfan said:

I'm trying not to get TOO excited about his potential but I'm in agreement. It's hard for me not to see him as a stone-cold Top 10 lock barring  injury ... this is the type of player who can win fantasy championships for you. A mid-season 20-point plus per game player is a significant game-changer in fantasy. This is a Beckham-type addition to starting lineups in Week 8. I think it has that type of magnitude.   

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:02 AM, Dr. Brew said:

I put him #7-10 ROS. There arent' a lot better than him ... He has room to be a top 5, but I'd put him at the lower end of top 10 ROS

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, MrJimiT said:

Using the T200 metrics, if you were to add 100% of CJ Anderson's ROS towards Booker....that lands him as ROS #4 behind Elliot and ahead of D Murray. If you factor in 50% of CJ Anderson's ROS towards Booker...that puts him in the ROS #10-12 range with Ware, Ingram, Miller and Ajayi.

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:33 AM, menobrown said:

... he's for sure top 10 for ROS ... there are only 3 RB's I take over him for ROS.

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, DocHolliday said:

Booker is an easy top 10 RB ROS for me.

 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, Team Smokin' said:

I see FootballGuys moved Booker up from #30 to #5 RB moving forward in top 200 (forward)

 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, mnmplayer said:

 ... just got Odell Beckham for Booker, so the hype around all the FFB sites is real on Booker.

I have a strong RB core for the team I traded him away which is why I shopped Booker. I now have Julio (drafted) as my WR1 and ODB is now mw WR2. Brees at QB and Eifert at TE to go along with my RBS. I liken the Booker hype to late August where every team is undefeated and mass hope permeates the psyche of all NFL fans. I also think Zeke has helped people buy in to the Rookie RB can be uber stud theory. Anyway these types of "can't miss potential studs" never seem to pan out for me and I would look back afterword's and think, "Dang I should have traded that guy for a known commodity while I had the chance." I finally learned my lesson and within the span of 30 hours, a bench stash magically turned into ODB on my team .. and I had planned to ride Booker's sch the first couple weeks then trade him (glad I didn't try that) but the ODB trade went through and I don't think I could do any better. Crazy game. :lmao:

(I quoted these posters not to slight the posters as I was totally on board with thinking Booker would be the next great stud RB right along with many of you, and most of the FFB sites I respect all had Booker ranked super to fairly highly ROS, just posting this to remind myself (and others) that sometimes one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.) I bought low on ODB after a sub-par start (for him) and during his bye week. By the way, I beat the team this week that made the trade with me and he started Booker (ouch). Talk about Sunday Night fizzle.

Booker could still have some great games. I realize that. I actually hope he turns it on because I don't face this team again this year and I want both sides of the trade to pan out so to speak for future trading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Absolutely no one cares about your team.

I get it, so you're gonna stalk me in more than just the Howard and Washington threads now, right? And to your point, it absolutely shows Booker's hype and trade value, especially at the time I posted it and is reflecting upon how the value has changed today after two games, but you are free to espouse all your points. Feel free to cast pearls before us swine with your banter of thread policing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mnmplayer said:

(I quoted these posters not to slight the posters as I was totally on board with thinking Booker would be the next great stud RB right along with many of you, and most of the FFB sites I respect all had Booker ranked super to fairly highly ROS, just posting this to remind myself (and others) that sometimes one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.) I bought low on ODB after a sub-par start (for him) and during his bye week. By the way, I beat the team this week that made the trade with me and he started Booker (ouch). Talk about Sunday Night fizzle.

Booker could still have some great games. I realize that. I actually hope he turns it on because I don't face this team again this year and I want both sides of the trade to pan out so to speak for future trading.

I think it's to early to start crowing about "being right". I still stand by my assessment of Booker. We can revisit this at the end of the season and I have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Brew said:

I think it's to early to start crowing about "being right". I still stand by my assessment of Booker. We can revisit this at the end of the season and I have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong

I absolutely agree, showing the point that people value hopes and dreams above proven guys that have already done it, its the excitement factor. I totally agree that Booker could light it up, in fact his value is now where I would like to buy low if I could and am attempting to in other leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mnmplayer said:

I get it, so you're gonna stalk me in more than just the Howard and Washington threads now, right? And to your point, it absolutely shows Booker's hype and trade value, especially at the time I posted it and is reflecting upon how the value has changed today after two games, but you are free to espouse all your points. Feel free to cast pearls before us swine with your banter of thread policing.

You literally quoted 5 people to try and subtle brag. Again, no one cares about your team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mnmplayer said:

I absolutely agree, showing the point that people value hopes and dreams above proven guys that have already done it, its the excitement factor. I totally agree that Booker could light it up, in fact his value is now where I would like to buy low if I could and am attempting to in other leagues.

If you traded Booker for ODB you made out like a bandit. I would have done that in a second, even with my high expectations of Booker

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Brew said:

I think it's to early to start crowing about "being right". I still stand by my assessment of Booker. We can revisit this at the end of the season and I have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong

 

it won't be my first serving either, believe me. I just am not seeing anything better than a CoP/relief quality level of work out of him since he's worked in the bigs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

it won't be my first serving either, believe me. I just am not seeing anything better than a CoP/relief quality level of work out of him since he's worked in the bigs. 

I have Bell. If someone offered me a WR1 for Bell I'd decline. If someone offered me a WR1 for Booker, I'd accept. Maybe even a WR2 to be honest. I am actually trying to package Booker and DT for a WR1... unfortunately no takers. Guys would rather start Don Jackson, Gillislee, or other trash and stay in 8-12th place instead of trying to change their season.  

 

Bookers latest play doesn't help my cause much

Edited by Dr. Brew
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: RB Devontae Booker, N.Y. Giants

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...