What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (1 Viewer)

This is the first time I've looked in this thread his week. Started Booker today and wasn't really worried. Just didn't feel like there was enough noise during the week to think that Bibbs had worked his way into anything more then an obligatory 5-10 touches a game. Still, a TD today would have been very helpful on top of the yards 

Though he looked good today. The Oline and Siemian throwing RZ ints did him no favors. It's crazy how much more effective he looks when he catches the ball in space. Those pitch plays they ran with the blockers going outside almost always worked. His ypc suffered because half the time they ran in up the middle he met 2 or 3 defenders. 

Is it hindsight if you call it beforehand? Kubs just never said anything of the sort, other than 'we need to get Bibbs more carries', which is coach speak 101. This was blown up by one notoriously uninformed beat writer.
If you called it beforehand, great -- I'm not keeping score, and looks like you were right.

I think there was a fair degree of understandable worry even before/in spite of that quote that Bibbs would earn more of a share of carries. I did not get tangled up in the debate of semantics over what was said and what it meant -- my eyes did the judging for me, and while neither Bibbs nor Booker were good last weekend, Bibbs managed to perform where Booker did not, and looked slightly more of the energetic runner.

I didn't think Bibbs was going to take over the role or that this would be an even 50/50 split, but did worry about an increased Bibbs' involvement. If anyone shared those potential worries, seems like we can breathe easy.

Denver line needs to do a better job blocking, but Booker looks to be a guy you can consistently flex or use as RB3 with RB2 upside.

If you called it beforehand, great -- I'm not keeping score, and looks like you were right.

I think there was a fair degree of understandable worry even before/in spite of that quote that Bibbs would earn more of a share of carries. I did not get tangled up in the debate of semantics over what was said and what it meant -- my eyes did the judging for me, and while neither Bibbs nor Booker were good last weekend, Bibbs managed to perform where Booker did not, and looked slightly more of the energetic runner.

I didn't think Bibbs was going to take over the role or that this would be an even 50/50 split, but did worry about an increased Bibbs' involvement. If anyone shared those potential worries, seems like we can breathe easy.

Denver line needs to do a better job blocking, but Booker looks to be a guy you can consistently flex or use as RB3 with RB2 upside.
Maybe you weren't following the thread, some of the Bibbs hype was out of control.

That being said, with DEN's playcalling and Siemian's ineptness, Booker doesn't excite me much.

Is it hindsight if you call it beforehand? Kubs just never said anything of the sort, other than 'we need to get Bibbs more carries', which is coach speak 101. This was blown up by one notoriously uninformed beat writer.
Was following the thread, thanks though. Yes, hype may have been out of control. My point was that that hype was understandable, if not justified. Bibbs was uniformly across all sites a high FA target after last weekend as a handcuff to Booker and a guy who could potentially see more action if Booker continued to flail.

Didn't happen though, and I think we see this distribution going forward unless there's injury.

I've been on the Booker bandwagon all year but I'm starting to have my doubts on him as a player.  The line is bad no doubt and goodness knows Anderson has his fair share of "meh" games running behind it as well, but we're 0 for 3 now on actually looking like a good NFL player as a starter and I'm liking what I see of him less and less.  

He just doesn't have the burst that he looked to have early in the year as a backup and he seems to be going down much easier as the game wears on instead of getting stronger.  He took that toss in the 4th quarter and it looked like it was going to be a big play as he had a full head of steam through the hole but a Saints defender stuck out an arm and took him down like a rock with a weak arm tackle.

The volume was great but he needs to start rewarding his coaches for it.  Not only for the rest of this year but I think a lot of us dynasty owners had hope that he would take the job and run with it and be the clear lead guy heading into next year even when Anderson comes back.  That's looking very unlikely at this point.

Hopefully he has one of those big games coming that Anderson would bust out once a month or so between "meh" starts, and would be great if he could string a few of them together.

He just doesn't have the burst that he looked to have early in the year as a backup and he seems to be going down much easier as the game wears on instead of getting stronger.
Disagree with the first part, I think Booker looked decent today when he had some room. Seem to have most success off-tackle and looked speedy on multiple 7-9 yard runs through the game.

Agree with the second part. Doesn't seem to have the power to drive himself through holes to the second level. Part of this really is on the O-line blocking, but would like to see Booker fight through contact as he seemed to have been doing in the preseason and in relief of CJ early on. 

24 carries for 74 yards and 2 catches for 12 more.  Definitely got the lion's share of the work here...though I was expecting a better avg ypc vs New Orleans.
Not exactly a strong outting especially considering the caliber of defense of the Saints (or lack thereof).

Sad trombone for Bibbs this week, but IMO Booker owners didn't exactly get a confidence boost.  3 YPC against that defense isn't anything to write home about. 

But he did get the lions share of the carries today, so the hype was definitely off. I still think Bibbs is worth holding onto for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a strong outting especially considering the caliber of defense of the Saints (or lack thereof).

Sad trombone for Bibbs this week, but IMO Booker owners didn't exactly get a confidence boost.  3 YPC against that defense isn't anything to write home about. 

But he did get the lions share of the carries today, so the hype was definitely off. I still think Bibbs is worth holding onto for now.
You should stop citing yards per carry over very small sample sizes as having any meaning whatsoever. Because it really doesn't.

Didn't someone in hear quote a stat that shows Booker has the most YAC of anyone in the league? Or am I misremembering that?

Didn't someone in hear quote a stat that shows Booker has the most YAC of anyone in the league? Or am I misremembering that?
Yes, Cecil Lammey tweet on Nov 8:

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey  Nov 8
Devontae Booker only 19 rushing yds before contact over the last 2 weeks, tied w/Andy Dalton for 54th lowest in the NFL #Broncos @1043TheFan
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey  Nov 8
Devontae Booker's 57 rushing yards after contact over last 2 weeks is 10th-best in the NFL. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Anybody else feel good about him tomorrow night?  
I'm feeling pretty crappy about him in general. I almost started him but went with thielen instead.

I know there's a lot left to the season and he's had some extra time to work but he's clearly shown to be disappointing so far. I had him pegged as top 10 ROS. he still might get there with how bad rbs are this year but who knows. if he doesn't show anything this week I might cut him loose.

KC has actually been worse against the run than the Saints have been. allowing the 25th most rushing yards this season (121.1.yards/game) at 4.5 ypc over 10 games. The Broncos run defense is actually slightly worse than KC at 27th most rushing yards allowed (123.7 yards/game) at 4.4 ypc over 10 games.

KC allowed over 200 yards rushing against the Jaguars. Booker and Denver should be able to get something going here.

The Saints are actually 12th overall in this category allowing 102.1 yards/game at 3.9 ypc but don't let the facts get in the way.

I disagree completely with Beer99 and other comments recently in this thread as I think Booker can become the Bronco's featured RB not just in the short term but in the long term as well.

Strange dynamic here where I think peoples expectations of Booker got too high and because of that more disappointment that he fell short of those lofty and unrealistic expectations. Then with the bye, it seems like another week where he didn't do anything.

I think Booker has a good game today and silences some of the critics.

I disagree completely with Beer99 and other comments recently in this thread as I think Booker can become the Bronco's featured RB not just in the short term but in the long term as well.

Strange dynamic here where I think peoples expectations of Booker got too high and because of that more disappointment that he fell short of those lofty and unrealistic expectations. Then with the bye, it seems like another week where he didn't do anything.

I think Booker has a good game today and silences some of the critics.
I agree with this. I think his matchups really hurt him and expectations were high. I agree that he can still achieve those. this week will be a big test

Man I had some high hopes for Booker a month ago.  Really looks like JAG, but at least he is still JAG with volume.  Maybe mix in a screen pass to help out the crappy run blocking?  I don't know, just a thought.

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
Man I had some high hopes for Booker a month ago.  Really looks like JAG, but at least he is still JAG with volume.  Maybe mix in a screen pass to help out the crappy run blocking?  I don't know, just a thought.
At least the volume is there. I think any worry about Bibbs taking away work has been overstated. 48 carries for him the last 2 games.

I thought he looked damn good at times last night but Kubiak was hell bent on forcing Bibbs in when it wasn't working. There were a several times when Booker busted off some nice plays and promptly came out for no reason at all. After his big catch, for example, he comes out. Why would you take him out of the game after that great play? What had Bibbs done to warrant putting him back in? And why did you wait THAT long to utilize Booker in the passing game? I'm not sure if that was when Bibbs tripped over his own feet or not on the next play but that run pretty much epitomized Bibbs' work in the game. Then in overtime Booker has a real nice run on his final carry and Kubiak inexplicably yanked him again. 

Booker had over 100 total yards against a defense that was owning the line of scrimmage for most of the night. I really thought last night was the best he's looked since his first game as the starter. I thought he had several impressive plays but Kubiak really held him back and forced Bibbs onto the field far too often to the detriment of the offense. And yes, Booker needs to be worked into the passing game more. His 20+ yard catch was a huge example of how effective he can be in the open field plus it should be obvious to a first grader that if you have a struggling running game some check downs and screens to the running back are a good way to get the defensive line to back off a bit. I don't think last night was one of Kubiak's better coaching efforts.

I thought he looked damn good at times last night but Kubiak was hell bent on forcing Bibbs in when it wasn't working. There were a several times when Booker busted off some nice plays and promptly came out for no reason at all. After his big catch, for example, he comes out. Why would you take him out of the game after that great play? What had Bibbs done to warrant putting him back in? And why did you wait THAT long to utilize Booker in the passing game? I'm not sure if that was when Bibbs tripped over his own feet or not on the next play but that run pretty much epitomized Bibbs' work in the game. Then in overtime Booker has a real nice run on his final carry and Kubiak inexplicably yanked him again. 

Booker had over 100 total yards against a defense that was owning the line of scrimmage for most of the night. I really thought last night was the best he's looked since his first game as the starter. I thought he had several impressive plays but Kubiak really held him back and forced Bibbs onto the field far too often to the detriment of the offense. And yes, Booker needs to be worked into the passing game more. His 20+ yard catch was a huge example of how effective he can be in the open field plus it should be obvious to a first grader that if you have a struggling running game some check downs and screens to the running back are a good way to get the defensive line to back off a bit. I don't think last night was one of Kubiak's better coaching efforts.
It was interesting reading this because it was how I felt at the start of the season when CJ Anderson was the Booker and Booker was the Bibbs.  I own both players in various leagues so I was following their usage early on and it seemed to me that CJ was better but they were forcing Booker into what seemed to be weird spots.  I concluded that they must have really liked Booker and they wanted to force him in.  Now it just seems that Denver picks what appear to be weird times to insert the backup.  I really have no idea what to expect next year between CJ and Booker but Booker sure hasn't run away with the job since CJ went down.  High volume of touches with mediocre results.

It was interesting reading this because it was how I felt at the start of the season when CJ Anderson was the Booker and Booker was the Bibbs.  I own both players in various leagues so I was following their usage early on and it seemed to me that CJ was better but they were forcing Booker into what seemed to be weird spots.  I concluded that they must have really liked Booker and they wanted to force him in.  Now it just seems that Denver picks what appear to be weird times to insert the backup.  I really have no idea what to expect next year between CJ and Booker but Booker sure hasn't run away with the job since CJ went down.  High volume of touches with mediocre results.
This was when CJ was averaging 2.4 ypc and Book over 5 for a 5 week stretch?? Yea CJ looked better lmao

If we were projecting ahead to next season and both being healthy I would say CJ is the far superior option over Booker and should be the starter.

If we were projecting ahead for the remainder of this season which is all I care about Booker right now is the superior option over Bibbs although I agree his margin for error isn't great. I'm just baffled by the Booker/Bibbs usage last night but now that I've seen it I'll just plan on that being the norm going forward. I'll compare it to what the Packers used to do with Lacy and Starks where one (Lacy) was clearly superior but the coaches inexplicably would use the lesser talent (Starks) and keep giving him touches he didn't deserve. I'll just assume that's going to keep happening in the Denver backfield the rest of the season. It'll be frustrating but at least Booker's still getting quality volume so while the overall production may not reach the levels it should it hopefully won't be disappointing. 

Again, I thought Booker looked pretty darn good for the most part so I think this was a step forward and hopefully he can build off it down the stretch. Just want to see more involvement in the passing game. Can't believe Kubiak hasn't figured that out. Reid gets it. Screens are a big part of his offense. He knows how big that can be for RBs and uses it all the time.

I thought Booker was getting chunks of yards any time there was day light at the line. The line play was poor, and the QB can't audible worth a damn. 

I also thought Booker looked close to busting a couple of huge gains. On the flip side, Bibbs looks sluggish and clumsy.

Another good sign is Booker seems to be the preferred RB whenever the Broncos are near the GL. For now at least he doesn't seem to be losing anything to Bibbs there.

This was when CJ was averaging 2.4 ypc and Book over 5 for a 5 week stretch?? Yea CJ looked better lmao
Do you just make this stuff up?

Let me first say by watching Anderson looked to me like a more aggressive runner.  Now some of that can may be because Booker was a young rookie and maybe more tentative.  

Let me then add that your stats seem skewed.  True, Anderson struggled in YPC for a stretch of a few games (not that YPC ever tells a whole story), but he never had a game below 2.6 ypc so your number doesn't calculate.  Note that in the 2 games where Anderson averaged 2.6 Booker put up 11-38-3.5 on limited carries.  I'm not sure which 5 game stretch you came up with where Booker average 5 YPC but he has now had 4 starts where he has 77-231-3.0.  

Looking at this I don't see much credibility in your post and don't see what was laughable.  On the year with almost the same amount of carries CJ has a 4.0 ypc to Booker at 3.7 ypc.  From what I watched (Mostly early in the season) Anderson looked more effective to me.  I really have no idea what to expect next year.

Your numbers seem misleading and I don't see why my thinking CJ looked better is so laughable.

Yep. I also thought Anderson looked much better and didn't get why Booker was getting so much run.

Yep. I also thought Anderson looked much better and didn't get why Booker was getting so much run.
It's mostly because Booker on a number of runs looked like a freight train coming out of the backfield and was picking up 8,9,10 yards at a clip while Anderson seemed to be wiggling around and picking up meager gains.

People took those small segments and applied "what if?" As in, what if Booker was getting 20 carries a week, without considering game flow, etc.

Anyone trotting him out next week? I am not so sure but my alternative is Ajayi against a tough Baltimore run D. Thinking of just going with Booker and at least hoping for 4-5 receptions to save his stat line

Anyone trotting him out next week? I am not so sure but my alternative is Ajayi against a tough Baltimore run D. Thinking of just going with Booker and at least hoping for 4-5 receptions to save his stat line
Locked in as my RB3 (multiple flex spot league) with Ajayi planted firmly on the bench. Volume should get me the double-digit production I need for that spot. If he can get a TD it'll be gravy. At some point he's bound to score another touchdown again. 

Considering him at Flex along with Desean Jackson. I've got Ingram and Howard plugged in to my RB spots. 

Considering him at Flex along with Desean Jackson. I've got Ingram and Howard plugged in to my RB spots. 
Don't wanna turn this into a WDIS thread but I've got DJax as well. Watching the Peterson injury situation real closely. Currently sitting DJax even though he's rolling right now but if Peterson is gimpy all week I'll probably fire DJax back up and start him. DJax is definitely a guy you wanna start when he's in a groove and he's in one now. But if Peterson's looking healthier I am worried because I would think they'd match Peterson on DJax rather than Garcon. At least that's what I'd do if I was Arians.

Don't think P. Lynch starting is a good thing at all for Booker. Lynch was mediocre at best against an ATL D that is #1 in PA to passing games.

Was on the fence with Booker before as a pure volume play where he could stumble in the endzone and give his owners something like 20-75-1; 2-18. Starting to think Denver's offense will just be too dysfunctional now and this could be a FG fest.

Considering K. Dixon and D. Lewis now over this guy.

Don't think P. Lynch starting is a good thing at all for Booker. Lynch was mediocre at best against an ATL D that is #1 in PA to passing games.

Was on the fence with Booker before as a pure volume play where he could stumble in the endzone and give his owners something like 20-75-1; 2-18. Starting to think Denver's offense will just be too dysfunctional now and this could be a FG fest.

Considering K. Dixon and D. Lewis now over this guy.
Yeah I think this is very bad news. Lynch was horrible in Week 5. I would think the Jags load up to stop Booker and force Lynch to try and beat their good pass defense with his arm. I'm likely gonna bench Booker for Ajayi which really sucks because Ajayi is facing the Ravens. Ugh.

In Week 5 here were the RB numbers with Lynch at QB

Anderson 11-41-0 rushing/3-21-0 receiving

Booker 6-23-0 rushing/4-36-0 receiving

So if you're still thinking about starting Booker there could be some hope for some checkdowns in PPR so maybe 10 or so points there is possible and then a shot at a TD if the Broncos get near the GL since he's their clear RB in GL situations. But I think 10 or so points looks to be about the ceiling if he can get a few passes without a TD but definitely a much lower floor this week with Lynch starting.    

Yeah I think this is very bad news. Lynch was horrible in Week 5. I would think the Jags load up to stop Booker and force Lynch to try and beat their good pass defense with his arm. I'm likely gonna bench Booker for Ajayi which really sucks because Ajayi is facing the Ravens. Ugh.

In Week 5 here were the RB numbers with Lynch at QB

Anderson 11-41-0 rushing/3-21-0 receiving

Booker 6-23-0 rushing/4-36-0 receiving

So if you're still thinking about starting Booker there could be some hope for some checkdowns in PPR so maybe 10 or so points there is possible and then a shot at a TD if the Broncos get near the GL since he's their clear RB in GL situations. But I think 10 or so points looks to be about the ceiling if he can get a few passes without a TD but definitely a much lower floor this week with Lynch starting.    
I'm likely doing the same... Ajayi for booker

Well, if 10 points is the ceiling I'm not very interested.

That seems to be K. Dixon's floor the last two weeks.

Crud. Need to decide 3 between Booker, Lat. Murray, Ingram, and Ware. Was settling in with Booker, Murray and Ware as I don't trust the news about Ingram limited in practice/still experiencing toe issues. Think I may have to roll with Booker given volume but totally expect the JAX gameplan to be forcing Lynch to throw by stacking the box.

Crud. Need to decide 3 between Booker, Lat. Murray, Ingram, and Ware. Was settling in with Booker, Murray and Ware as I don't trust the news about Ingram limited in practice/still experiencing toe issues. Think I may have to roll with Booker given volume but totally expect the JAX gameplan to be forcing Lynch to throw by stacking the box.
Lol. We must have the same team. Have the same debate each week except swap your Ware for my K. Dixon.

I think Murray is in. At home. Favored. Should get opportunities. Ware too for you. 

Booker and Ingram are a pain in the neck. I'm suddenly looking to bench both of them.

From so called "expert" Brandon Funston on Yahoo Fantasy. More food for thought.

RB –  Devontae Booker, Den ($18) – Consider this a warning for all of the Broncos’ skill position players as it is all but assured that rookie QB Paxton Lynch is going to get the start at Jacksonville with Trevor Siemian saddled with a foot injury. Lynch’s only previous start came against a generous Atlanta defense in Week 5, and Lynch could lead Denver to only one touchdown in that contest (a scoring toss to WR Demaryius Thomas). The Jaguars are a middle of the pack fantasy run defense, but they should be better than that on Sunday as Lynch’s expected dink-dunk approach in the passing game will lead to a crowd of defenders around the line of scrimmage, not a good scenario for Booker, who has had a hard enough time as it is finding daylight – just 3.0 YPC in his past four games.

From so called "expert" Brandon Funston on Yahoo Fantasy. More food for thought.

RB –  Devontae Booker, Den ($18) – Consider this a warning for all of the Broncos’ skill position players as it is all but assured that rookie QB Paxton Lynch is going to get the start at Jacksonville with Trevor Siemian saddled with a foot injury. Lynch’s only previous start came against a generous Atlanta defense in Week 5, and Lynch could lead Denver to only one touchdown in that contest (a scoring toss to WR Demaryius Thomas). The Jaguars are a middle of the pack fantasy run defense, but they should be better than that on Sunday as Lynch’s expected dink-dunk approach in the passing game will lead to a crowd of defenders around the line of scrimmage, not a good scenario for Booker, who has had a hard enough time as it is finding daylight – just 3.0 YPC in his past four games.
This can actually be good news for Booker. In that Atlanta game Anderson and Booker got 10 targets.

I actually may still start Booker. I think he may get a bunch of targets/receptions. young qbs typically rely on tes and rbs for the mystical "security blanket." I have DT as well and am not too happy starting him... I tried to switch Diggs to WR and.DT to flex but was 20 seconds short to kickoff.

I wouldn't be surprised with 50 yards rushing, 8 receptions for the 50 yards. I'd take it

I actually may still start Booker. I think he may get a bunch of targets/receptions. young qbs typically rely on tes and rbs for the mystical "security blanket." I have DT as well and am not too happy starting him... I tried to switch Diggs to WR and.DT to flex but was 20 seconds short to kickoff.

I wouldn't be surprised with 50 yards rushing, 8 receptions for the 50 yards. I'd take it
Do we have the same team - Booker, DT and Ajayi. :) I'm thinking the opposite of you, though with Booker and Thomas. DT is locked into his targets. He's getting about 8 or so every single game so I don't think that changes. He also caught a TD from Lynch in Week 5. I also think the Jags are going to come out and load up the box and force Lynch to throw it which is going to make things really tough on Booker, make that tougher since the Broncos' O line stinks already.

i think Thomas has a floor of around 10-12 points in PPR which I'll take. Booker's could be sub-10 if they can't get the running game going. Could he get some receptions? Yes that's possible but in Week 5 in Lynch's first start the Broncos' couldn't run at all so even if he gets some receptions the lack of run game production could hurt him significantly. I think he's going to need a TD to come through no matter what this week without Siemian in all probability unless he breaks a big gain.

Also, one thing to keep in mind about all those Week 5 RB receptions is the Broncos were trailing in that game. That may not be the case on Sunday. In fact if the game plays according to script the Broncos should be playing from the front, even if it's a low-scoring game. I'm not sure the RBs will be needed to catch a ton of passes, at least not as many as Anderson and Booker were catching in Week 5 anyway.  One other note - Booker has only had more than two receptions in a game once in the past six games. It's not like he has a huge role in the Denver passing game. So I don't think anyone should be penciling him for huge reception totals. Now he should be getting more given how good of a receiver he is and how good he is in the open field but Kubiak doesn't seem inclined to utilize him more there so based on recent game history there's nothing to indicate that's going to change.   

Personally, I think Thomas is the safer play between the two. Right now I've got Ajayi in over Booker although his matchup is God awful I might end up going back to Booker before 1 ET on Sunday. I'm not crazy about either one of these situations right now and this being Week 13 isn't making any of this any more appealing.

I think this is better for Booker in PPR.... Semien is not a check down guy at all, at least not to the RBs.

Do we have the same team - Booker, DT and Ajayi. :) I'm thinking the opposite of you, though with Booker and Thomas. DT is locked into his targets. He's getting about 8 or so every single game so I don't think that changes. He also caught a TD from Lynch in Week 5. I also think the Jags are going to come out and load up the box and force Lynch to throw it which is going to make things really tough on Booker, make that tougher since the Broncos' O line stinks already.

i think Thomas has a floor of around 10-12 points in PPR which I'll take. Booker's could be sub-10 if they can't get the running game going. Could he get some receptions? Yes that's possible but in Week 5 in Lynch's first start the Broncos' couldn't run at all so even if he gets some receptions the lack of run game production could hurt him significantly. I think he's going to need a TD to come through no matter what this week without Siemian in all probability unless he breaks a big gain.

Also, one thing to keep in mind about all those Week 5 RB receptions is the Broncos were trailing in that game. That may not be the case on Sunday. In fact if the game plays according to script the Broncos should be playing from the front, even if it's a low-scoring game. I'm not sure the RBs will be needed to catch a ton of passes, at least not as many as Anderson and Booker were catching in Week 5 anyway.  One other note - Booker has only had more than two receptions in a game once in the past six games. It's not like he has a huge role in the Denver passing game. So I don't think anyone should be penciling him for huge reception totals. Now he should be getting more given how good of a receiver he is and how good he is in the open field but Kubiak doesn't seem inclined to utilize him more there so based on recent game history there's nothing to indicate that's going to change.   

Personally, I think Thomas is the safer play between the two. Right now I've got Ajayi in over Booker although his matchup is God awful I might end up going back to Booker before 1 ET on Sunday. I'm not crazy about either one of these situations right now and this being Week 13 isn't making any of this any more appealing.
Personally I would sit Ajay and am sitting him for what I view as inferior option to Booker.

You referenced DT's floor and hw he seems locked into this targets. I look at Booker and see a guy who has had over 25 touches two games in a row and 24 or more 3 out of last 4 games. That's the kind of locked in workload I go with and I also still thin he gets a decent size workload as receiving back. You indicated he has not been real active but it's not like Bipps is designated third down back, Booker is often in the game on passing downs and entering the league I thought that was one of his best skills. 

To be honest I"m starting him with confidence. I got a league with Tevin Coleman, Marquess Wilson, Malcolm Mitchell, Marvin Jones and Booker and all week for me it's easily been Booker as taking up one of the flex spots, the other one I've changed my mind literally on every player and that just speaks to confidence I have in Booker to at least be solid.

I agree with most of this but in order to be true it basically has to be a very low scoring game with a lot of punting. that's a bold prediction. there's about a dozen ways for this to go, and the only scenario for this to be true (outside of Booker being benched for bibbs and bibbs exploding) is that Lynch in fact does beat Jacksonville with his arm and Jacksonville fails to change their stack the box approach. Booker is ineffective running the ball so Denver doesn't put up a lot of points. if Denver does put up a lot of points one would assume Jacksonville would change defenses and thay would open up the running game.

I'm not so sure Jacksonville commits to shutting down the run and forcing Lynch to beat them. Lynch is rather unknown,  with not a whole lot of game tape in the Denver offense. it's a rather unpredictable scenario if you're the Jacksonville DC. Booker hasn't really shown to be much of an impact player since taking over the rb job. why commit to stopping the run on a guy who is pretty much contained in normal game plans over the last month? if Booker was performing how most of us had hoped when CJ Anderson went down then yes this game plan would make sense. I just don't see it. 

furthermore, it's not like Siemian is that much more of a passing threat than lynch. all we know about Lynch is that he's raw and untested aside from a less than impressive week 5

I just view this line of reasoning as a classic out-thinking of one's self. trying to guess what the defense will do... if you can do that then you should be an OC. I think Jacksonville plays a normal game and booker gets a normal workload. possibly more if they are ahead. I would expect at least 5 targets for booker. he showed last week how effective he can really be as a receiver. I really don't think Denver is going to shy away from that 

I'm definitely sitting Ajayi after thinking about this more

Um...anyone concerned over the loss of their blocking FB?

That can't help.
no, can't help. I am concerned but not enough to bench him given my options. I think his value lies a lot in receptions this week tbh. how they adapt without their fb will be interesting to see

Users who are viewing this thread