What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (2 Viewers)

Just a consideration, the DEF for both KC and OAK should look quite different by then, with KC gettin Houston back soon and Mario Edwards/Aldon Smith returning for the Raiders, making both of their defenses pretty formidable come playoff time for Booker.
That's true.  I think it's also fair to note though that a lot of players coming back from major injuries like that don't really come out of the gates very strong.  I think it's a longshot that Houston is a major impact player this year, especially in his first few weeks back.  Lots of really great players (Gronk, Charles, Welker, etc) have spun their wheels for a couple months after returning before regaining their prior form.  Some have looked like their old self right away, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

FreeBaGeL said:
KC (27)
Jax (24)
Ten (10)
NE (15)
KC (27)
Oak (21)

That looks pretty juicy to me.  And that's not counting this week (Saints).

Chances are pretty good that Booker will play well this week and will be back to being considered a likely candidate to be a strong piece down the stretch.  If he struggles or fumbles against New Orleans then we might be in trouble, but until then it's not time to panic yet.  His value has cooled enough with the last two games that he's probably not worth selling right now anyway, and if he plays well this week against a weak defense his value will rebound and the defenses he has left don't look that much tougher than the Saints (19).
Those Ds are not gimmies at all.

As somebody mentioned, Houston back for KC isn't insignificant and in KC, that team is a different beast.

JAX D isn't terrible it's just that Bortles and the offense puts too much pressure on the D. You could say the same thing for the Denver O/D.

TN and NE are significantly better against the run vs. the pass and we just saw what Oakland did.

In short, this isn't such a cupcake schedule that it warrants investing in both Booker and Bibbs.

Yes. The appeal of Booker included the lions share of the workload he was supposed to receive.  He's gotten it and done jack squat. Now Bibbs is going to get a few more carries and maybe he does more with them?

Yes. The appeal of Booker included the lions share of the workload he was supposed to receive.  He's gotten it and done jack squat. Now Bibbs is going to get a few more carries and maybe he does more with them?
So he has one bad game & he's junk? well Bell had a crap week too so I guess he is WW material now as well

Booker was RB10 in PPR leagues in Week 8. I don't play in standard leagues but I'm assuming 84 total yards and a TD is pretty solid in that format so I can't imagine any Booker owners were upset that week. I don't know how that constitutes him having done "jack squat" as the starter or worthy of being Waiver Wire fodder after one bad game. But that's just me and everyone has to manage their own teams how they see fit. 

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey  Nov 8
Devontae Booker only 19 rushing yds before contact over the last 2 weeks, tied w/Andy Dalton for 54th lowest in the NFL #Broncoshttps://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash @1043TheFan
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey  Nov 8
Devontae Booker's 57 rushing yards after contact over last 2 weeks is 10th-best in the NFL. #Broncoshttps://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash @1043TheFan
=====

Devonte does well after contact but he 'apparently' isn't finding much room before contact arrives which shows he hasn't had great blocking.
Bump, just because it seems relevant. He's been creating more for himself than anything being given to him by his OL, and I can't imagine Bibbs could do much better in the starting role. 

It doesn't help that the Raider's pinned the Bronco's inside their own 10 multiple times last week, obviously affecting offensive play calls and defensive schemes against the run.

How long did he stay on the wire after you dropped him? About 2 minutes?

Booker was RB10 in PPR leagues in Week 8. I don't play in standard leagues but I'm assuming 84 total yards and a TD is pretty solid in that format so I can't imagine any Booker owners were upset that week. I don't know how that constitutes him having done "jack squat" as the starter or worthy of being Waiver Wire fodder after one bad game. But that's just me and everyone has to manage their own teams how they see fit. 
Booker should have been RB1 that week. He lost a fumble at the 1, and failed on multiple attempts inside the 5. He should have had 3 TD's that week. He's unlikely to get as long a leash as he did that week again. 

I think this is going to be a RBBC, with probably a 60-40 lean toward Booker, but Bibbs could push it even further if he keeps making plays.

I think Booker is a low end RB2 in 12 team leagues, and a flex in anything smaller. 

kyoun1e said:
If we had heard nothing all week until the quote above emerged I guarantee you Bibbs would be on all waiver wires.

After Ingram got yanked for Hightower, I think owners of all RBs are on edge.

Kubiak is not Payton.

Feel like this has been overblown.
Exactly. What part of "We won't do anything different" don't some understand?

One notoriously uninformed beat writer causing a needless tizzy.

packersfan said:
The Klis Tweet that started all this came from a Kubiak press conference in which Kubiak simply said Bibbs deserved more touches. At no point in the entire PC did Kubiak say, hint at or imply Booker was going to be benched or a 50-50 split was about to occur. Again, I'm not saying that can't or won't happen but Klis took one quote and really ran with it.

Here's what Kubiak said on Friday when he said that Booker remains the starter from the Denver Post:

"We won't do anything different," Kubiak said. "Hopefully there will be some more carries to go around for both of them. We have some confidence in Kapri. He's played well, did a good job last week, but continues to get better." 

Again, anything can happen once the game begins and I fully agree with everyone who says and believes Booker's leash has gotten considerably shorter than it was after Anderson got hurt. But there is nothing in the quote above which even remotely implies a 50-50 split or a RBBC is the plan for tomorrow's game. Kubiak directly refutes it in fact by saying "We won't do anything different." He even shoots down the idea that Bibbs is in line for a much larger role with the second sentence in the quote which sounds like they hope to get him more involved but it isn't a concrete plan. That tells me it all rides on how well Booker plays. If he gets off to a strong start he'll dominate the touches like he has been and Bibbs will see the field when Booker needs a break and plays like that.  

Now if he's lying, which coaches do all the time, there's no way any of us will know that until the game unfolds. But all we can do is proceed with the information we have and make the best decisions possible. Based on this information, I think Booker owners should be feeling much better about his situation and any Bibbs owners who were starting him with confidence should be looking at alternatives.

Just my two cents. 
“Kid’s been working his tail off, doing some good stuff. We want to give him opportunities. He had a big run on a third-and-1 that I’m thinking of,” said Kubiak, referring to Bibbs’ 10-yard rush on a pitch play that led to Jordan Norwood’s 36-yard touchdown reception one play later.  “(Kapri) makes a play, and then I look up and he jumps out there to cover the kick. That’s the kind of players you need, so I’m proud of him. He’s done a good job. He deserves some more (playing time).”

Kubiak from article in the Denver Post this week

“Kid’s been working his tail off, doing some good stuff. We want to give him opportunities. He had a big run on a third-and-1 that I’m thinking of,” said Kubiak, referring to Bibbs’ 10-yard rush on a pitch play that led to Jordan Norwood’s 36-yard touchdown reception one play later.  “(Kapri) makes a play, and then I look up and he jumps out there to cover the kick. That’s the kind of players you need, so I’m proud of him. He’s done a good job. He deserves some more (playing time).”

Kubiak from article in the Denver Post this week
And?

Booker should have been RB1 that week. He lost a fumble at the 1, and failed on multiple attempts inside the 5. He should have had 3 TD's that week. He's unlikely to get as long a leash as he did that week again. 

I think this is going to be a RBBC, with probably a 60-40 lean toward Booker, but Bibbs could push it even further if he keeps making plays.

I think Booker is a low end RB2 in 12 team leagues, and a flex in anything smaller. 
You're entitled to your opinion obviously. As far as Week 8 I agree his production could have been better but my point still stands. He was RB10 in PPR leagues and very good in standard that week too so nobody should've been upset with the numbers he provided. If people want to cut him based off one poor game last week that's up to them but the fact remains he has not been poor for fantasy since becoming the starter. He's had one great game and one very bad one. I've repeatedly said his leash is likely shorter than it was prior to Week 9 but I just don't agree with those who say he hasn't been productive for fantasy as the starter overall. That simply isn't factually accurate.  

Fantasy Football is a funny community. Bibbs is going to get more carries by that quote.  But in NFL terms that probably means he gets about 5-8 touches up from his 1-5. This is still a running team so Booker will be in line for 15-20 touches himself.  

It's just funny how "facts" are spread based upon who you own and who has an agenda (Rotoworld).

Fantasy Football is a funny community. Bibbs is going to get more carries by that quote.  But in NFL terms that probably means he gets about 5-8 touches up from his 1-5. This is still a running team so Booker will be in line for 15-20 touches himself.  

It's just funny how "facts" are spread based upon who you own and who has an agenda (Rotoworld).
Yeah Bibbs had 2 carries in each of the two games Booker was a starter. It's unreasonable to expect that not to go up. But going up doesnt meant a 50/50 split.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, Packersfan. I enjoy reading your posts across the board.

*90% probably has to do with your avatar (for real, I'll never get enough of Scar Jo), but I do enjoy reading your stuff.

So y'all Booker owners think Kubiak will stick with an ineffective Booker if he keeps averaging 2.6 YPC huh?

all his comments about how out of balance Booker has forced the offense to be just moot? No substance whatsoever?

then on MNF when Booker crapped the bed in a divisional game against a middle of the road Oakland defense in national TV, with 22 yards on 10 carries - you see that as a Kubiak RB? 

How exactly does an ineffective rookie like Booker get a longer leash in this scenario? Please explain as I'm at a bit of a loss on this logoc train.

Bibbs will at least get a chance to carve out a role. The writing is on the wall. 

None of us here know what Kubiak will do. We only know what Kubiak has said he plans to do. And what he said on Friday was clear - there is no change at RB. Booker is the starter and they "hopefully" can find more carries for Bibbs. Again, as someone posted earlier if this was the quote RotoWorld decided to run with this week instead of the Klis Tweet nobody would be talking up Bibbs like this at all. 

I will say once again that I fully acknowledge Booker is on a shorter leash than before and also that coaches lie all the time and so what Kubiak said on Friday may just be BS. We'll all find out in a few hours. But based on the Friday quote, I'm not sure how anyone can start Bibbs today unless they have no other options at all (and I'd probably list around 40 RBs at least I'd start before him) or they are banking on Kubiak being a liar or Booker flopping and/or getting hurt. Again, every owner needs to make the calls they need to make for their own teams but as I said before if I was a Bibbs owner there's no way he'd be starting for me today despite the matchup based on what Kubiak said Friday. There's just far too much risk and in Week 10 I'm not taking on that kind or risk at this point in the fantasy season.

Could he pan out? Sure, we see scrubs outscore studs every week (and no, I'm not saying Booker is a stud; just making a point) but that's not the type of play I want to make in Week 10 unless I'm completely desperate or in some kind of F It mode with my team and taking a shot in the dark and hoping it pans out. 

I really think based on all the information we have right now at 8:20 am ET on Sunday morning the facts are pretty clear: The starting job clearly belongs to Booker just as it did before. It's up to him to maintain his hold on it. If he does, I don't think Bibbs is anything more than a backup. If he falters than this becomes a RBBC because I don't see Booker being pushed aside completely. And like others have said, if this becomes a full-blown committee I don't think either RB will carry much value. So really, again as others have said and I'm just repeating, Booker seems to be the play in the Denver backfield right now. He's the only one I think can be started with any type of reasonable confidence today. The only way I see Bibbs generating meaningful value is if Booker were to get hurt like Anderson was. 

So y'all Booker owners think Kubiak will stick with an imeffecive Booker if he keeps averaging 2.6 YPC huh?

all his comments about how out of balance Booker has forced the offense to be just moot? No substance whatsoever?

then on MNF when Booker crapped the bed in a divisional game against a middle of the road Oakland defense in national TV, with 22 yards on 10 carries - you see that as a Kubiak RB? 

How exactly does an ineffective rookie like Booker get a longer leash in this scenario? Please explain as I'm at a bit of a loss on this logoc train.

Bibbs will at least get a chance to carve out a role. The writing is on the wall. 

Serious question, did you watch the game? Or did you see the 2.6 YPC in a boxscore and make this bold call?

None of us here know what Kubiak will do. We only know what Kubiak has said he plans to do. And what he said on Friday was clear - there is no change at RB. Booker is the starter and they "hopefully" can find more carries for Bibbs. Again, as someone posted earlier if this was the quote RotoWorld decided to run with this week instead of the Klis Tweet nobody would be talking up Bibbs like this at all. 

I will say once again that I fully acknowledge Booker is on a shorter leash than before and also that coaches lie all the time and so what Kubiak said on Friday may just be BS. We'll all find out in a few hours. But based on the Friday quote, I'm not sure how anyone can start Bibbs today unless they have no other options at all (and I'd probably list around 40 RBs at least I'd start before him) or they are banking on Kubiak being a liar or Booker flopping and/or getting hurt. Again, every owner needs to make the calls they need to make for their own teams but as I said before if I was a Bibbs owner there's no way he'd be starting for me today despite the matchup based on what Kubiak said Friday. There's just far too much risk and in Week 10 I'm not taking on that kind or risk at this point in the fantasy season.

Could he pan out? Sure, we see scrubs outscore studs every week (and no, I'm not saying Booker is a stud; just making a point) but that's not the type of play I want to make in Week 10 unless I'm completely desperate or in some kind of F It mode with my team and taking a shot in the dark and hoping it pans out. 

I really think based on all the information we have right now at 8:20 am ET on Sunday morning the facts are pretty clear: The starting job clearly belongs to Booker just as it did before. It's up to him to maintain his hold on it. If he does, I don't think Bibbs is anything more than a backup. If he falters than this becomes a RBBC because I don't see Booker being pushed aside completely. And like others have said, if this becomes a full-blown committee I don't think either RB will carry much value. So really, again as others have said and I'm just repeating, Booker seems to be the play in the Denver backfield right now. He's the only one I think can be started with any type of reasonable confidence today. The only way I see Bibbs generating meaningful value is if Booker were to get hurt like Anderson was. 
Except for how out of balance the Denver pass:run ratio has been with Booker, your points are valid.

it does however seem like if their stated goal is to get back closer to 50:50, those touches will go somewhere.

and since you're taking Kubiak at his word, and Kubiak said both that Bibbs has "earned a larger role", and that they want to run a lot more, wouldn't it be safe to assume those extra touches will go to Bibbs?

Bibbs could get 8-10 carries, 3-5 receptions without impacting Booker'a workload much at all. And if Booker continues to be ineffective, I could see a shift happening. 

But hey, I could be completely off base here. Bibbs might languish on the bench while the Broncos remain content watching their ploddding rookie force way too much pressure on Semien to sustain drives, losing them games.

That is certainly possible. I just assume Kubiak is a better coach than that. 

Today's game should be interesting - I wouldn't start Bibbs as anything more than a flex, but he should have some PPR value there on receptions. 

With all due respect, if you watched the game there's no way you could place the blame on Booker for Denver's offensive failings against the Raiders. The entire offense was miserable. Yeah, Bibbs had a couple nice plays but the entire offense was terrible for nearly the entire game. Blaming Booker for that smacks of bias. Cecil's stat pretty clear points out the primary issue in the running game lately has been shoddy offensive line play. I'm willing to guess that's why Kubiak is saying he doesn't plan to change anything with the backfield situation or at least a big part of the reason why . 

Except for how out of balance the Denver pass:run ratio has been with Booker, your points are valid.

it does however seem like if their stated goal is to get back closer to 50:50, those touches will go somewhere.

and since you're taking Kubiak at his word, and Kubiak said both that Bibbs has "earned a larger role", and that they want to run a lot more, wouldn't it be safe to assume those extra touches will go to Bibbs?

Bibbs could get 8-10 carries, 3-5 receptions without impacting Booker'a workload much at all. And if Booker continues to be ineffective, I could see a shift happening. 

But hey, I could be completely off base here. Bibbs might languish on the bench while the Broncos remain content watching their ploddding rookie force way too much pressure on Semien to sustain drives, losing them games.

That is certainly possible. I just assume Kubiak is a better coach than that. 

Today's game should be interesting - I wouldn't start Bibbs as anything more than a flex, but he should have some PPR value there on receptions. 
I can't keep repeating myself. Please re-read Friday's quote again from Kubiak. It's pretty clear what he's saying there.For about the fourth or fifth time I will acknowledge that he could be lying. But all the "Bibbs has earned a larger role" talk from earlier in the week was effectively shot down by Kubiak on Friday when he said no changes are being planned. Again, we'll all find out in a few hours if Kubiak meant what he said or if he straight up lied to everyone.

I will agree, though, the playcalling against the Raiders was terrible. However, your follow-up point about getting back to the 50-50 run/pass ratio assumes all those extra rushing attempts will go to Bibbs. Booker got only 10 carries against Oakland after getting 19 vs. San Diego. If the Broncos do intend to run more today and Booker remains the lead RB it's logical to assume he will be the one getting the bulk of those carries, not Bibbs.      

With all due respect, if you watched the game there's no way you could place the blame on Booker for Denver's offensive failings against the Raiders. The entire offense was miserable. Yeah, Bibbs had a couple nice plays but the entire offense was terrible for nearly the entire game. Blaming Booker for that smacks of bias. Cecil's stat pretty clear points out the primary issue in the running game lately has been shoddy offensive line play. I'm willing to guess that's why Kubiak is saying he doesn't plan to change anything with the backfield situation or at least a big part of the reason why . 
Maybe. But Booker couldn't be counted on for a short yardage conversion late and Bibbs blew out of the box for a huge gain - something Kubiak specifically called out as a great play. Same OL, same defense...

and it's not just the raiders game. It's the last 3 games. The raiders game was just when the Broncos running was so ineffective that the door opened a crack for Bibbs.

I'm not saying Bibbs has secretly taken over the backfield, nor would I advocate dropping Booker, or dropping anyone important to add Bibbs, unless you're the Booker owner.  But that door has been opened a crack for Bibbs and that creates a potential opportunity. 

Better to pick up Bibbs now than trying to claim him on Monday should something unexpected happen. 

I think that's a sensible position.

I can't keep repeating myself. Please re-read Friday's quote again from Kubiak. It's pretty clear what he's saying there.For about the fourth or fifth time I will acknowledge that he could be lying. But all the "Bibbs has earned a larger role" talk from earlier in the week was effectively shot down by Kubiak on Friday when he said no changes are being planned. Again, we'll all find out in a few hours if Kubiak meant what he said or if he straight up lied to everyone.

I will agree, though, the playcalling against the Raiders was terrible. However, your follow-up point about getting back to the 50-50 run/pass ratio assumes all those extra rushing attempts will go to Bibbs. Booker got only 10 carries against Oakland after getting 19 vs. San Diego. If the Broncos do intend to run more today and Booker remains the lead RB it's logical to assume he will be the one getting the bulk of those carries, not Bibbs.      
The "Bibbs has earned a larger role" talk was from Kubiak. 

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/08/kapri-bibbs-broncos-running-back-more-touches/

So was he lying early in the week or was he lying on Friday?  :shrug:

Maybe. But Booker couldn't be counted on for a short yardage conversion late and Bibbs blew out of the box for a huge gain - something Kubiak specifically called out as a great play. Same OL, same defense...

and it's not just the raiders game. It's the last 3 games. The raiders game was just when the Broncos running was so ineffective that the door opened a crack for Bibbs.

I'm not saying Bibbs has secretly taken over the backfield, nor would I advocate dropping Booker, or dropping anyone important to add Bibbs, unless you're the Booker owner.  But that door has been opened a crack for Bibbs and that creates a potential opportunity. 

Better to pick up Bibbs now than trying to claim him on Monday should something unexpected happen. 

I think that's a sensible position.
Bibbs did look good on his touches against Oakland. No one is denying that. Whether that means he's going to get a huge role today - which Kubiak has refuted - or the next Atlanta Antone Smith is the question. 

Whether Bibbs is worth picking up is something everyone needs to decide for themselves. Like I said before, I agree with others who say his only value comes if Booker is injured. The best you can hope for otherwise is probably for him to be the lead RB in a RBBC which doesn't give him a tremendous amount of value in my opinion and in my league where I own Booker that isn't enough for me to give him consideration. So if there is a change at the top of the depth chart and I make the decision to move on from Booker I doubt I'll be looking to pick up Bibbs. I'll probably just avoid the Denver backfield entirely. The primary reason I added Booker was because Anderson was hurt and he looked like a 20+ touch RB moving forward. I wasn't as interested in him as part of a RBBC even when he was clearly ascending. 

The "Bibbs has earned a larger role" talk was from Kubiak. 

So was he lying early in the week or was he lying on Friday?  :shrug:
The first comments came the day after the Oakland game. The second came after an entire week of practice and after the team had installed their game plan for New Orleans. You tell me which one you place a higher value on. I know which one I do.

I don't think that's a safe assumption at all.

If Booker continues to struggle and gain 2-3 yards per carry, the door gets opened even wider for those touches to go elsewhere. 

I see Friday's comments more as the dreaded cote of confidence, so Booker isn't looking over his shoulder. 

Maybe it's all mind games and Kubiak is trying to motivate Booker? Who knows. 

As you and I have both said - today should be telling.  

I don't think that's a safe assumption at all.

If Booker continues to struggle and gain 2-3 yards per carry, the door gets opened even wider for those touches to go elsewhere. 

I see Friday's comments more as the dreaded cote of confidence, so Booker isn't looking over his shoulder. 

Maybe it's all mind games and Kubiak is trying to motivate Booker? Who knows. 

As you and I have both said - today should be telling.  
I've acknowledged this like five or six times. I think every Booker owner understands the leash has gotten shorter. I doubt any of us are starting him today blindly thinking he's Le'Veon Bell and he's locked into 25 touches no matter what happens on the field. We all know there's more risk with him than there was prior to Week 8. Where many of us disagree with the pro-Bibbs sentiment is with this belief that beginning today there is going to be a 50-50 split or a RBBC. That's the issue, not whether Booker needs to play well to keep his starting job.  

The first comments came the day after the Oakland game. The second came after an entire week of practice and after the team had installed their game plan for New Orleans. You tell me which one you place a higher value on. I know which one I do.
I honestly can't say I know which set of comments has a higher value since they both came from the same dude. 

but i do know that they want an effective RB and so far Booker hasn't exactly taken his opportunity and locked it down with his performances as the starter. 

I guess I put more confidence in observing the overrall context of Denver's struggles in the run game since CJA went down, combined with how talented Bibbs is.

Kubiak might just be dealing out coachspeak to the masses. That's possible. Or, as you insinuate, he might be telling us his exact game plan. Also possible. 

The truth is likely somewhere in between. 

Where many of us disagree with the pro-Bibbs sentiment is with this belief that beginning today there is going to be a 50-50 split or a RBBC. That's the issue, not whether Booker needs to play well to keep his starting job.  
I don't think it'll be a 50-50 split today either.  

But I do think Bibbs will be involved. And there's a chance that it'll be more than you think. 

I don't think it'll be a 50-50 split today either.  

But I do think Bibbs will be involved. And there's a chance that it'll be more than you think. 
I have no idea how much he'll be involved. Like I said before none of us know what Kubiak will do. We only know what he has said he's going to do. All I can do is base my plans for on is what Kubiak has said and I am going to base mine based on his Friday quote since that, in my opinion, is by far the most important quote of the week as it pertains to the Denver running back situation given how Kubiak clearly stated there is no change planned for the backfield. He made the point crystal clear.

If that ends up making me look like a fool so be it. I can live with that since there hasn't been a single quote from any Broncos beat writer the entire week other than Klis saying a change was coming at RB or a RBBC was planned for today or anything of that nature. The only thing even hinting at a large role for Bibbs came from one reporter's Tweet which was in response to a quote from Kubiak which simply said Bibbs had earned more work. That quote itself never even suggested a RBBC approach was coming our way. So in my opinion Klis took one quote and made a rather ginormous leap that a lot of people have really ran with. Maybe he'll end up being proven right. We'll all find out soon enough. 

I can't keep arguing this anymore. I've said all I can. I think the facts are clear based on all the information we have provided to us but everyone needs to decide for themselves what they want to do. I know what my plan is and unless we hear something different in the next couple of hours it will remain unchanged. Best of luck to all other Booker and Bibbs owners on their plans today too. 

I have no idea how much he'll be involved. Like I said before none of us know what Kubiak will do. We only know what he has said he's going to do. All I can do is base my plans for on is what Kubiak has said and I am going to base mine based on his Friday quote since that, in my opinion, is by far the most important quote of the week as it pertains to the Denver running back situation given how Kubiak clearly stated there is no change planned for the backfield. He made the point crystal clear.

If that ends up making me look like a fool so be it. I can live with that since there hasn't been a single quote from any Broncos beat writer the entire week other than Klis saying a change was coming at RB or a RBBC was planned for today or anything of that nature. The only thing even hinting at a large role for Bibbs came from one reporter's Tweet which was in response to a quote from Kubiak which simply said Bibbs had earned more work. That quote itself never even suggested a RBBC approach was coming our way. So in my opinion Klis took one quote and made a rather ginormous leap that a lot of people have really ran with. Maybe he'll end up being proven right. We'll all find out soon enough. 

I can't keep arguing this anymore. I've said all I can. I think the facts are clear based on all the information we have provided to us but everyone needs to decide for themselves what they want to do. I know what my plan is and unless we hear something different in the next couple of hours it will remain unchanged. Best of luck to all other Booker and Bibbs owners on their plans today too. 
It's just a conversation and we're all speculating - I don't think there's any chance that anyone looks like a fool. 

I appreciate and respect your insight here,  and differences of opinion open the door to meaningful discussion.

if we go about participating here like the threat of getting egg on our faces is more significant than going out on a limb, making bold calls or exchanging ideas/thoughts/insight, none of us would ever have any perspective beyond our own. 

So whatever happens, I don't think you'll look like a fool. :)  

• Smile
Reactions: J R
Bibbs did look good on his touches against Oakland. No one is denying that. Whether that means he's going to get a huge role today - which Kubiak has refuted - or the next Atlanta Antone Smith is the question. 

Whether Bibbs is worth picking up is something everyone needs to decide for themselves. Like I said before, I agree with others who say his only value comes if Booker is injured. The best you can hope for otherwise is probably for him to be the lead RB in a RBBC which doesn't give him a tremendous amount of value in my opinion and in my league where I own Booker that isn't enough for me to give him consideration. So if there is a change at the top of the depth chart and I make the decision to move on from Booker I doubt I'll be looking to pick up Bibbs. I'll probably just avoid the Denver backfield entirely. The primary reason I added Booker was because Anderson was hurt and he looked like a 20+ touch RB moving forward. I wasn't as interested in him as part of a RBBC even when he was clearly ascending. 
Exactly. 

Those that picked up Booker felt like they won the lottery and were getting the entire Denver backfield in a run first offense. Woo Hoo. If Bibbs takes half of this I'm not sure I want any part of it at all. It means something isn't clicking in their running game, Kubiak is struggling to find a solution, and production will be sub par.

Hell...I may as well go grab R. Jennings and P. Perkins instead.

Dropping Bibbs. The hell with it. I have other fish to fry with that roster slot.

agree with Hot Sauce Guy - we are all just trying to figure out what to do with both players for our fantasy teams - of course that is dependent on what the Broncos do ... hoping some of you saw Justina Anderson's report on FF Now on ESPN 2 a few moments ago - as she said Broncos insiders have said - both will play and we'll just see how the chips fall

This was not hard to read between the lines.
Agree, but hindsight is 20/20. I never thought Bibbs was a serious threat given that the only differentiator he had was that one great catch and run last weekend, but also don't blame Booker owners from wanting more assurance coming into this weekend. 

That assurance is there, Booker is the guy.

Agree, but hindsight is 20/20. I never thought Bibbs was a serious threat given that the only differentiator he had was that one great catch and run last weekend, but also don't blame Booker owners from wanting more assurance coming into this weekend. 

That assurance is there, Booker is the guy.
Is it hindsight if you call it beforehand? Kubs just never said anything of the sort, other than 'we need to get Bibbs more carries', which is coach speak 101. This was blown up by one notoriously uninformed beat writer.

No doubt that booker was the guy today and although it was a disappointing result against a poor defense, he did have some nice runs where he got more than what was initially there.

24 carries for 74 yards and 2 catches for 12 more.  Definitely got the lion's share of the work here...though I was expecting a better avg ypc vs New Orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread