What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (2 Viewers)

Last year Mike Pence flew to Indiana to attend an NFL game with the secret service in tow on the public's dime in order to hear the national anthem and then leave the stadium immediately thereafter in mock disgust because one of the players kneeled during the song in protest of police brutality and racial bias.
Yes, and imagine how expensive that was for the taxpayers.  Not cheap at all.

Last year Mike Pence flew to Indiana to attend an NFL game with the secret service in tow on the public's dime in order to hear the national anthem and then leave the stadium immediately thereafter in mock disgust because one of the players kneeled during the song in protest of police brutality and racial bias.
That was so ridiculous. I loved the way he shook his head in sorrow just before he left.

That's an odd characterization of someone saying they wouldn't reveal the identity of a confidential source on a television show.
If she can't bring the allegation with any credibility she shouldn't have brought it.  Heck, the NYT has had to tighten anonymous source rules lately after getting burned again and again.  

Nice whataboutism.  Not terribly analogous, but definitely a good effort.

If she can't bring the allegation with any credibility she shouldn't have brought it.  Heck, the NYT has had to tighten anonymous source rules lately after getting burned again and again.  

Nice whataboutism.  Not terribly analogous, but definitely a good effort.
It’s a perfectly valid point. You said it was “the cheapest” of political stunts.  I chose one of literally thousands of options from the last three years to demonstrate that there have been plenty of far cheaper political stunts.

In my younger days I, myself, was a bit of a scalawag with some pronounced rapscallion traits as well.  Comes from the Irish side of the family. We have a few Irish Travelers in the family tree.
Can't say as I didn't see a bit of a few of my family members in The Riches when it was on television.

Wait until the next one gets nominated.  :thumbup:
If another “Liberal” judge retires or, god forbid, passes away, would you want a “Conservative” judge to be nominated? Or, would it be the correct thing to do and nominate a similarly “Liberal” judge?

If another “Liberal” judge retires or, god forbid, passes away, would you want a “Conservative” judge to be nominated? Or, would it be the correct thing to do and nominate a similarly “Liberal” judge?
Anyone off trumps list would be fine.  :thumbup:

I think he is actually going to get 2 more after Kavanaugh.

Hey, who’s to say women can be trusted with their own uterus? Leave it to the professionals, the trump administration. 
Trump has nothing to say about it. You do realize that if Roe v Wade gets overturned it only sends the decision to the states.

I personally don't think it will be overturned and don't relay want it to be but late term and partial birth both needs to go in my opinion.

Trump has nothing to say about it. You do realize that if Roe v Wade gets overturned it only sends the decision to the states.

I personally don't think it will be overturned and don't relay want it to be but late term and partial birth both needs to go in my opinion.
An abortion is a medical procedure that should be decided on between a woman, her doctor, and the doctor's ethical obligations.  If a woman is potentially going to die, be maimed, or be forced to carry a dead fetus in her body for weeks/months in the absence of a procedure, anyone who advocates against her being able to legally get it takes a big notch down the humanity ladder in my opinion. 

Confirmed.....by Gateway Pundit.

media bias fact check

Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News
They have pictures of her getting paid and also being thrown out of the chamber. 

The paper may be biased but the article was verified with actual pictures. 

By the was Media Bias Fact Check is dishonest. It is listed as the 2nd most biased fact check site on the innerwebs.

They have pictures of her getting paid and also being thrown out of the chamber. 

By the was Media Bias Fact Check is dishonest. It is listed as the 2nd most biased fact check site on the innerwebs.
Actual pictures!  That verifies a story by Gateway Pundit.    There were people in them and everything.  Were they photoshopped?  She sure is holding her "money" like a cell phone. Since they all come from the same source, and he claims he saw this with multiple people over two days and listened to the conversations, why does he only have one photo and no video?

An abortion is a medical procedure that should be decided on between a woman, her doctor, and the doctor's ethical obligations.  If a woman is potentially going to die, be maimed, or be forced to carry a dead fetus in her body for weeks/months in the absence of a procedure, anyone who advocates against her being able to legally get it takes a big notch down the humanity ladder in my opinion. 
I assume you realize exactly what partial birth abortion is. I will not discuss it here because it is that bad.

Actual pictures!  That verifies a story by Gateway Pundit.    There were people in them and everything.  Were they photoshopped?  She sure is holding her "money" like a cell phone. Since they all come from the same source, and he claims he saw this with multiple people over two days and listened to the conversations, why does he only have one photo and no video?
It is no worse than the MSM which we all know is the propaganda arm of the DNC.

Listed where? Gateway Pundit?

Your funny, unfiltered lens. LOL
Do I need to put these posts in Little Orphan Annie decoder code for you to understand them or something?  Is there a less filtered way of taking in these hearings other than to watch the actual hearings themselves that I am unaware of?  I am all ears.
So, no follow up on this dumb assertion of yours? @Qanon ?  I'm all ears and could be doing it wrong, but don't think I am.

I actually did not. It should still not be allowed.

Do you know what allows it? I don't.

ThankQ
The term "partial birth abortion" is not a medical term and your question is therefore difficult to answer with any real precision.  There are varying definitions used in various laws across the country, but the short answer is "under federal law, unless the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy, nothing does."

This is seriously one of the most offensive posts I've seen on these boards.   I'd like you to meet any number of my female friends IRL and have you say this to them.  
Indignation doesn't supplant truth.  If you take out obvious (and fairly rare) exceptions the vast majority of unplanned pregnancies are "whoopses".  In this day and age there are birth control methods that are damn near 100% effective.

Indignation doesn't supplant truth.  If you take out obvious (and fairly rare) exceptions the vast majority of unplanned pregnancies are "whoopses".  In this day and age there are birth control methods that are damn near 100% effective.
Let's say for the sake of argument that they're 99.9% effective (the pill generally is, but condoms aren't.)

How many times do you think people (total, among the entire population) have sex every year?

Are you aware that over 50% of women getting abortions report having used birth control for the month they got pregnant?  That 13% report being on the pill at the time they got pregnant?

38 million women use contraception every month.  Let's say they have sex 4 times per month.  That's 152,000 failures per month just of oral contraception

How do you feel about every straight woman who is still capable of carrying a child who doesn’t want a baby, regardless of whether or not she’s on birth control, telling men they need to limit sex to less than 4 times per month because of these statistics?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is tied with some racist rant RBM had a while ago as the worst thing I've seen on this message board. I thought you just said dumb things about science, and I'm used to hearing stuff like that, but I didn't realize you were devoid of humanity as well. You deserve some "help" after saying something like that.
There is nothing more offensive than the wholesale killing of children.  

That is devoid of humanity.

Let's say for the sake of argument that they're 99.9% effective (the pill generally is, but condoms aren't.)

How many times do you think people (total, among the entire population) have sex every year?

Are you aware that over 50% of women getting abortions report having used birth control for the month they got pregnant?  That 13% report being on the pill at the time they got pregnant?

38 million women use contraception every month.  Let's say they have sex 4 times per month.  That's 152,000 failures per month just of oral contraception
Add to that state and federal governments that are actively making it more difficult for these women to get contraception and instituting educational programs aimed at young people that discourage their use and spread misinformation.  

I have asked this question many times before but have never got an answer

If it is killing to have an abortion, shouldn't the mother be charged with 1st degree murder?

Perhaps this is the part where we look to the scientific community to give us a definition of what a child is and see what stage a fetus fits that definition. 

92% of all abortions occur before 13 weeks.  That’s almost entirely not even fetal stage. It’s embryonic (until week 11/12.) And more often than not the remaining 8% say if they had safe, affordable options they would have had the abortion during that time.  

So since you believe that the number of women on the pill who have an abortion (13%) is rare what would you call an abortion beyond the embryo stage?

Then they were obviously miracles of God

Perhaps this is the part where we look to the scientific community to give us a definition of what a child is and see what stage a fetus fits that definition. 

92% of all abortions occur before 13 weeks.  That’s almost entirely not even fetal stage. It’s embryonic (until week 11/12.) And more often than not the remaining 8% say if they had safe, affordable options they would have had the abortion during that time.  

So since you believe that the number of women on the pill who have an abortion (13%) is rare what would you call an abortion beyond the embryo stage?
Ooh, Henry's going to try using reason and science on a pro-lifer who has already demonstrated a tenuous grasp of both.   

:popcorn:

We haven't seen something like this since Smoo argued with Larryboy about dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread