Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Michael Thomas, WR NO: Didn't help you make the playoffs, but hopefully can help you win them

15 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Dropped in my redraft. I immediately picked him up. What's the forecast here ROS? Not a bad WR6 gamble behind Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Fulgham, and Cooks. Also gives flexibility to shore up my RBs (Cook, Gaskin, Gibson, and Harris).via trade.

Huh?😧 Michael Thomas was dropped?  And you picked him up, but consider him your WR6?  Is there something that wasn't posted in this thread that I missed?  Because a fight with a teammate, argument with a coach, a "bad" attitude, and a tweaked hammy don't add up to pre-season #1 WR being dropped and viewed as a WR6 on a FF roster.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They move Thomas around.  I think they may actually throw the ball more in this game.  I don't know why or how you would sit Thomas in the playoffs in a high scoring game like this

Ah yes, like the hot/crazy curve for dating. 😋

Oh please his last three weeks were 5/89, 7/87/1, and 8/89/1

27 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Dropped in my redraft. I immediately picked him up. What's the forecast here ROS? Not a bad WR6 gamble behind Adams, Evans, Metcalf, Fulgham, and Cooks. Also gives flexibility to shore up my RBs (Cook, Gaskin, Gibson, and Harris).via trade.

Adams is the only receiver you have that I would rank higher. Thomas is your WR2. At worst I could see Metcalf having a few weeks where he outscores Thomas. Other than that don't ever bench Thomas for the likes of Evans, Fulgham, or Cooks.

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a guy this integral to his offense has sat the bench for disciplinary reasons. That must have been really bad and Payton risks losing the locker room over it.

Thomas does not, by my intuition, seem like all that stand-up a teammate, especially when he threw Brees under the bus for his stance on the anthem (I happen to agree with Thomas, but you can see the beginnings of his public discontent there).

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Thomas does not, by my intuition, seem like all that stand-up a teammate, especially when he threw Brees under the bus for his stance on the anthem (I happen to agree with Thomas, but you can see the beginnings of his public discontent there).

He's been chippy on Twitter for a long time, but that might not be all that unusual among pro football players.

Just now, Doug B said:

He's been chippy on Twitter for a long time, but that might not be all that unusual among pro football players.

I think it depends on the guy -- some guys (arguably rightfully in this day and age) have PR handlers do all that stuff. Other guys take the DeSean Jackson way and quote Hitler and Farrahkhan about Jewish people. I guess mileages vary in that respect.

20 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a guy this integral to his offense has sat the bench for disciplinary reasons.

Thomas does not, by my intuition, seem like all that stand-up a teammate, especially when he threw Brees under the bus for his stance on the anthem ( you can see the beginnings of his public discontent there).

That is exactly how I view this.

I told several other leaguemates I was 100% OFF Thomas this year heading into drafts. My reasoning is I didn't much care for the way he essentially threw Brees under the bus. (whether or not people agree is irrelevant to my point) I was more concerned why he felt like he had to publicly call out a HOF'er in Brees, why couldn't he have done so away from the spotlight....?

Its starting to sound like once he got his $100 million payday, the "diva BS" is now surfacing as well.  Now we are hearing about altercations in practice, and its looking like something new every week to worry over.

I love the talent and the situation, but its sounding like he may be a locker room cancer that I am glad I avoided.

I have a buddy that just traded for MT a week ago, and he is plenty nervous.

TZM

2 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

I told several other leaguemates I was 100% OFF Thomas this year heading into drafts. My reasoning is I didn't much care for the way he essentially threw Brees under the bus. (whether or not people agree is irrelevant to my point) I was more concerned why he felt like he had to publicly call out a HOF'er in Brees, why couldn't he have done so away from the spotlight....?

Fair enough. There are guys I stay off of for dumber reasons. But on this one, it was pure football. I didn't want Thomas because of his ADP in proportion to his aDOT, which I don't trust as sustainable. Maybe it is? I don't know. It's an outlier for sure and I wanted no part of that at his ADP. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Fair enough. There are guys I stay off of for dumber reasons. But on this one, it was pure football. I didn't want Thomas because of his ADP in proportion to his aDOT, which I don't trust as sustainable. Maybe it is? I don't know. It's an outlier for sure and I wanted no part of that at his ADP. 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't "100% off" him for that reason alone........ it was a multitude of reasons. Rarely can I ever say I am "completely out" on a high end talent like this.

But it was several factors, and the "Brees under the bus" was just one of many reasons.  The fact you had to burn such a high draft pick on him was another reason. (and trust me, I play in "MUST start 3WRs leagues" so big ticket WRs are a premium there.

I also saw a slight bit of regression coming, and I didn't see E. Sanders as exactly helping him out either. (not that I thought Sanders would have rendered MT useless, but all these reasons considered I just figured I would shy away)

Probably "luck", and maybe not the right reasoning, but I avoided it nonetheless.

TZM

1 hour ago, Bayhawks said:

Huh?😧 Michael Thomas was dropped?  And you picked him up, but consider him your WR6?  Is there something that wasn't posted in this thread that I missed?  Because a fight with a teammate, argument with a coach, a "bad" attitude, and a tweaked hammy don't add up to pre-season #1 WR being dropped and viewed as a WR6 on a FF roster.

I just mean, yeah, crazy. At worst my WR6. Sometimes you're just given a gift. I was also wondering what I missed.

2 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

1 hour ago, SkippaDaFlippa said:

Adams is the only receiver you have that I would rank higher. Thomas is your WR2. At worst I could see Metcalf having a few weeks where he outscores Thomas. Other than that don't ever bench Thomas for the likes of Evans, Fulgham, or Cooks.

Oh I've heard about this.  It's a unique yahoo setting that gives -2 points for TD's caught by Brees. 

The drop makes sense.

3 hours ago, SkippaDaFlippa said:

Heck some of the weeks MT didn't play he only had 2 fewer yards receiving than Evans. 😛

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, finfansteve said:

On a adult beverage driven night last Friday I traded him for AJB and a late 2021 1st. I immediately regretted it but it’s starting to look like my drunken logic wasn’t as flawed as I thought immediately afterwards...

I think I might take AJB over him straight up at this point. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think I might take AJB over him straight up at this point. 

I’m actually not that sorry I made the trade anymore. Of course three tds in two weeks has influenced my decision. Thinking I’d he had none I’d be looking for the closest bridge😂

• Like 1
On 10/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, rockaction said:

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a guy this integral to his offense has sat the bench for disciplinary reasons. That must have been really bad and Payton risks losing the locker room over it.

Not when the guy is a diva and the majority of said locker room hates him. :shrug:

7 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Not when the guy is a diva and the majority of said locker room hates him. :shrug:

This isn't true.  It's been reported that the majority of team sided with CGJ in their fight.  Saying the locker room hates him is quite a stretch of the truth.

Just now, SproutDaddy said:

This isn't true.  It's been reported that the majority of team sided with CGJ in their fight.  Saying the locker room hates him is quite a stretch of the truth.

That's what gruecd was saying. I think we're all in agreement for the most part, I was simply commenting that it seems unprecedented for a coach to hold a guy out this long for discipline and that it must have been a really bad reaction to MT in the room. I'm not sure why gruecd was disagreeing with me. It seems like we actually all agree. 

• Thanks 1

Just to get it straight. Teammates sided with CJ. Locker room dislikes what MT did. My speculation was that Payton is holding him out for fear of losing that locker room if MT plays.

That's what I was trying to convey about it being a bit unprecedented. MT lost the locker room or the coaches, it seems.

10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Just to get it straight. Teammates sided with CJ. Locker room dislikes what MT did. My speculation was that Payton is holding him out for fear of losing that locker room if MT plays.

That's what I was trying to convey about it being a bit unprecedented. MT lost the locker room or the coaches, it seems.

So are they looking to move him?

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

So are they looking to move him?

I honestly have no idea and don't want to speculate. I was speculating before and don't want to continue that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

That's what gruecd was saying. I think we're all in agreement for the most part, I was simply commenting that it seems unprecedented for a coach to hold a guy out this long for discipline and that it must have been a really bad reaction to MT in the room. I'm not sure why gruecd was disagreeing with me. It seems like we actually all agree. 

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that he risked losing the locker room BECAUSE he suspended MT, not that he risked losing it if he didn’t.

• Like 1
Just now, gruecd said:

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that he risked losing the locker room BECAUSE he suspended MT, not that he risked losing it if he didn’t.

I figured. I probably wasn't clear with my pronouns. I tend to do that. My apologies also. 

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Re: the part in red -- Do you believe the reported hamstring injury is fake?

It might be -- I have no first-hand way of knowing.

Just now, Doug B said:

Re: the part in red -- Do you believe the reported hamstring injury is fake?

It might be -- I have no first-hand way of knowing.

I don't know, honestly. It seems, like Soufly3 pointed out, awful early for the out designation regarding a new injury when this cloud seems to follow him around.

Sure is a lot of unfounded speculation going on here. I'll stick with Occam's Razor: guy had high ankle sprain which lingers then tweaked hammy.

Why does his being declared out Friday need to be any more than that? They did same with Sanders. 

I'd be buying if I hadn't already overpaid in off-season. 😆

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Sure is a lot of unfounded speculation going on here. I'll stick with Occam's Razor: guy had high ankle sprain which lingers then tweaked hammy.

Why does his being declared out Friday need to be any more than that? They did same with Sanders. 

I'd be buying if I hadn't already overpaid in off-season. 😆

Uh......Sanders is on the Covid list.  There’s no way he could get removed from that list in time for game on sunday.  So declaring him out on Friday is not the “same thing,” when, I’m theory, Thomas’ Hammy could recover enough for him to play. 

37 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

Uh......Sanders is on the Covid list.  There’s no way he could get removed from that list in time for game on sunday.  So declaring him out on Friday is not the “same thing,” when, I’m theory, Thomas’ Hammy could recover enough for him to play. 

Fair enough, forget it was CV list for Sanders. Still stand by that declaring someone out Friday is not a red flag. Happens all the time. Just looking at my team this week, Watkins was also just listed as OUT on Friday. No biggie.

2 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Fair enough, forget it was CV list for Sanders. Still stand by that declaring someone out Friday is not a red flag. Happens all the time. Just looking at my team this week, Watkins was also just listed as OUT on Friday. No biggie.

I agree with you on that; doubt there’s more to it than a hammy injury they want to be careful with.

Guys, I see your stories and raise you this:

Pulled off a series of trades in my dynasty league that had me entering the season with a core of:

Lamar Jackson

Saquon Barkley-traded for Miles Sanders and Boston Scott after injury.

Dalvin Cook

Austin Ekeler

Michael Thomas

Tyler Lockett

DJ Moore

Terry McLaurin

George Kittle

Dudes were saying they were quitting the league because nobody else can possibly win now.  I'm 2-4 and lost by 1.8 on the Drake TD.

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

i thought i was riding him to a championship this season.

between him (now sold from my team), saquon and chubb - im basically fighting for the 2021 #1 pick championship.

Yeah I was really stoked to get him in a handful of big redrafts this year, but dang.