Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Michael Thomas, WR NO: Didn't help you make the playoffs, but hopefully can help you win them

I agree something is up.  If it was a discipline move they could recover from it would be a 1 week slap on the wrist.  This seems like more.  Brees may hang it up, so they are assessing long term. May be done with him.  Just speculating.  As a Brees owner I hope he comes back

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They move Thomas around.  I think they may actually throw the ball more in this game.  I don't know why or how you would sit Thomas in the playoffs in a high scoring game like this

Ah yes, like the hot/crazy curve for dating. 😋

Oh please his last three weeks were 5/89, 7/87/1, and 8/89/1

Questions on the trade rumor. who on earf would want his contract and why would they be keeping him off the field?  Don’t you want to showcase him if you’re trying to sell? 

Edited by -jb-
46 minutes ago, -jb- said:

Questions on the trade rumor. who on earf would want his contract and why would they be keeping him off the field?  Don’t you want to showcase him if you’re trying to sell? 

Hypothetically, if it’s anywhere close to done, you wouldn’t want to risk him getting a new injury or re-aggravating an old one. It would ruin the potential trade. You don’t need to showcase a guy like MT, really. He’d have to take a physical to finalize any deal that was agreed to anyways. 

• Like 2

I can't get any decent offers for Thomas. Everyone wants to counter, replacing MT with Julio. That's not what we're doing here. Or try to unload 2-3 trash bags + Swift type deals.

Pot committed at this point I guess.

38 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I can't get any decent offers for Thomas. Everyone wants to counter, replacing MT with Julio. That's not what we're doing here. Or try to unload 2-3 trash bags + Swift type deals.

Pot committed at this point I guess.

Exactly.   I have to hold at this point.  If he comes back at top form I will have a team hard to beat.  If not I'll roll the dice.

Having Thomas, Evans, Cooper and K.Allen I thought I was going to run away with this in a redraft.  

• Like 1

Lamar, Saquon, Dalvin, Austin, MT, Lockett, DJM, McLaurin, Kittle

had guys saying they are quitting after this year because nobody will beat me.  Traded saquon for miles sanders and Boston Scott after injury.  3-4.   But second in total points despite it all. 

NCAYFT

first 3 picks:

MT (6 games missed)

Julio (2+ games)

Godwin (4 games)

4th WR drafted was Sutton (IR)

5th WR E Sanders (Covid)

1st WW pickup P Campbell (IR)

no idea how I’m 4-4 these guys are killing me

12 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

NCAYFT

Reveal hidden contents

first 3 picks:

MT (6 games missed)

Julio (2+ games)

Godwin (4 games)

5th WR E Sanders (Covid)

:ptts:

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

NCAYFT

Reveal hidden contents

first 3 picks:

MT (6 games missed)

Julio (2+ games)

Godwin (4 games)

5th WR E Sanders (Covid)

That's nothing.

Went in to this year with owners threatening to quit because of the dynasty team I had built with Lamar, Dalvin (out), Saquon (out) traded him for Sanders (out), Ekeler (out), MT (out), Lockett, DJM, McLaurin, Kittle (out then out again).  3-5

• Sad 1

Michael Thomas (hamstring, ankle) is practicing Wednesday.

Thomas practiced last week before ultimately missing Week 8 against the Bears, but being out there on a Wednesday would suggest his chances of suiting up against the Bucs this Sunday are much higher. Emmanuel Sanders and Marquez Callaway also practiced Wednesday.

23 hours ago, menobrown said:

Notice Brees does not say when or if:

spoken like a true jaded Thomas owner

:hifive:

seems like Sanders is a better bet to play rn than Thomas (limited again)

he was quite productive before he hit the Covid list

37 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

:hifive:

seems like Sanders is a better bet to play rn than Thomas (limited again)

he was quite productive before he hit the Covid list

Sigh....Being a late game I just added Manny for insurance 

Was surprised to see him on ww

29 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Sigh....Being a late game I just added Manny for insurance 

Was surprised to see him on ww

yeah I think everyone slept on him, not too surprised. gonna be Interesting to see the target distribution down the stretch.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:52 PM, menobrown said:

Notice Brees does not say when or if:

@JeffDuncan_

56m

Drew Brees on Mike Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders: “It will be great to have those two guys back and their playmaking ability in the lineup.”

And as a follow up to this here we have Payton this morning also speaking in terms of "are" not  "if/when"

@MikeTriplett

8h

Sean Payton on getting Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders back in the lineup for the second half of the season: "I'm excited these guys are back, and certainly there's additional targets. Now it's up to us to be more consistent and take advantage of it."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

I own Thomas on a 1/3rd of my dynasty leagues but believe me when I say up to this point on the whole I've been glad he's been out. My reasons are not worth delving into, just worked out better for me on the whole, but it's getting time now were I'd like to see him return. But so far his absence has worked out almost ideally.

• Like 1
Just now, menobrown said:

I own Thomas on a 1/3rd of my dynasty leagues but believe me when I say up to this point on the whole I've been glad he's been out. My reasons are not worth delving into, just worked out better for me on the whole, but it's getting time now were I'd like to see him return. But so far his absence has worked out almost ideally.

It's been more work than I normally find enjoyable but drafting Thomas-Julio-Godwin-Sutton has made for an interesting year. 20 games missed by 4 of my starters. But should be fine, everyone gets healthy I'll be carpet bombing the league down the stretch.

If Thomas is on the field he's in my lineup.

1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

It's been more work than I normally find enjoyable

I've said the same thing already a few times this year but mainly due to being in a lot of leagues in a COVID/heavy injury impacted year. I generally consider fantasy football a labor of love, but this year just mainly labor.

And I'll start Thomas as well if he's active and based on Brees and Payton's comments I'll be stunned if he's not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

I've said the same thing already a few times this year but mainly due to being in a lot of leagues in a COVID/heavy injury impacted year. I generally consider fantasy football a labor of love, but this year just mainly labor.

And I'll start Thomas as well if he's active and based on Brees and Payton's comments I'll be stunned if he's not.

for me personally I think I just had a malaise about any football this year. a) pandemic, didn't think there would be a season, and b) four league members quit over the summer bc of protests bleeding into sports.

we normally have about as much turnover as the Packers have a general offering of stock. had zero interest in recruiting managers with the world turned upside down.

though I remain hopeful Thomas will get on the field and immediately start beasting again,  we are getting close to the point where it feels like an AB / Flash Gordon situation of "just ain't ever gonna happen this year." I don't think that is the case at all but it's hard not to entertain those kind of thoughts. 

In redraft I tried like crazy to trade for Thomas through the first 6 weeks.  Now, I am glad I got rejected on all trades.

In dynasty I had him as WR1 before this year.  With Brees not looking normal and Thomas having these injury/attitude issues he is dropping quite a bit for me.  He will also be 28 going into next year.

10 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

In redraft I tried like crazy to trade for Thomas through the first 6 weeks.  Now, I am glad I got rejected on all trades.

In dynasty I had him as WR1 before this year.  With Brees not looking normal and Thomas having these injury/attitude issues he is dropping quite a bit for me.  He will also be 28 going into next year.

:ptts:

5 targets, 3-17-0 halfway through the season

But yeah....I like my chances rn.

full PPR, start 10

Watson
Thomas
Jones
Godwin
Carson
Edmonds
Hock
Fulgham
Tucker
Rams

Edited by BobbyLayne

Per CBS:

Michael Thomas WR | NO

Saints' Michael Thomas: Should be ready for Sunday

(3 hrs ago) Thomas (hamstring) is officially listed as questionable, but he appears on track to play in Sunday's game against Tampa Bay, according to Katherine Terrell of The Athletic.

While he never returned to full practice participation, Thomas did make it through limited sessions Wednesday-Friday without any report of a setback. Fantasy managers should continue to keep an eye on the situation, which could get dicey if the Saints treat Thomas as a game-time decision before their 8:20 p.m. ET kickoff. It sounds like it may not come to that, but we don't know for sure just yet.

I don't know. Even if he had no injury designation Sunday morning, don't think I'll feel comfortable. Considering adding Tre'Quan