What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (2 Viewers)

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Michael Thomas has been "creating separation and making catches against whomever he faces" in Saints camp.

It's just a reminder that Thomas is #good. The Saints' new No. 1 receiver finished as a WR1 in both PPR and standard last season. He just turned 23 in March. The sky is the limit for Thomas' 2017.

Source:  New Orleans Times-Picayune

Jul 31 - 3:33 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Thomas caught 5-of-8 targets for 45 targets in the Saints' Week 1 loss to the Vikings.

The eight targets were a team-high, but the Saints couldn't get much going through the air before a garbage-time drive late in the fourth quarter that resulted in their only touchdown. Thomas wasn't being shadowed by Vikings RCB Xavier Rhodes, but the two did do battle several times. Thomas will have another tough draw against Patriots CBs Stephon Gilmore and Macolm Butler in Week 2.

Sep 11 - 11:13 PM

This game is just another example of a superior defensive line controling the LOS, and limiting the production of the skill players.

Bress had no time to go down the field forcing them to the short passing game.

Saints suck on the road. What else is new. Most defenses aren't as good as Minnesota though. At least we know Brees is looking for MT out there. It's going to be fine during the year.

Its eerily quiet in here-- whats the consensus? He going to take a step back with out Cooks and facing #1s every week or are we going to see the 90-1250-10 we all expected when he was a top 18 pick in almost every draft??

I received a huge trade proposal for him last night so Im seeing where his owners stand....

Thanks! 

They looked a lot better at home. I'll keep starting him. Too talented to fall off for the whole year.

The Saints have lost a reliable no. 2 threat, Thomas is just getting swamped out there. I am not really sure what they will do about that.

Insein said:
When does Snead come back? Or maybe Coleman can step up.
It should be Week 4, but they have the Dolphins in London that week then a bye.

eta - It's maybe a good thought that Snead will loosen things up and the offense will be better post-bye.

To start the season he had Xavier Rhodes and then the Pats who try to take away the opponents #1 option. Buy everywhere you can.

Insein said:
When does Snead come back? Or maybe Coleman can step up.
I'm done waiting for Brandon Coleman to happen. Loved the kid at Rutgers, but at 6'6" if you can't be a primary RZ look on a team without a reliable TE that throws a million times a year then you just might not have what it takes.

I'd expect another tough slog this week, but Week 4 once Snead returns the arrow on Thomas ought to start shooting back up.

I guess I just bought low?  I reluctantly accepted a trade offer or michael thomas for kamara.  Not sure how sold I am on thomas being a true wr1.  But with baldwin struggling and me being solid at Rb I pulled the trigger.  I guess it's the definition of selling high on kamara after the AP news and buying low in a stud into just don't feel great about it.  Hope thomas lives up to the billing now that Snead is back.  

I guess I just bought low?  I reluctantly accepted a trade offer or michael thomas for kamara.  Not sure how sold I am on thomas being a true wr1.  But with baldwin struggling and me being solid at Rb I pulled the trigger.  I guess it's the definition of selling high on kamara after the AP news and buying low in a stud into just don't feel great about it.  Hope thomas lives up to the billing now that Snead is back.  
Bought low; yeah you bought low.  He's WR 10 in ppg (just had his bye) in standard scoring.  You traded a back-up/COP back for a #1 WR.

More like you just ripped off your grandma. You really shouldn't trade r### your grandma dude.

Why would Snead hurt his production this year, when Cooks+Snead didn't last? 

I think maybe I feel very differently about kamara' prospects moving forward than most.  I don't necessarily look at players with the same lense that I did in preseason once the season starts.   I don't view kamara as a COP back.  Moving forward with AP out of the way and with how much Payton and Brees love him, I see him getting 10 carries and 5-7 catches every week.  And with his explosiveness I see that translating to 80-100+ yards every week with a good shot at a td.  

Unlike car with mccaffery, NO actually knows how to utilize a guy like kamara and get him into space with the ball in his hands.  

Ingram still gets his 15+ carries and a few catches.  

So I think kamara' value is closer to thomas' value than most people think.  Even in a standard league.  

I did the trade mostly BC I am solid but not spectacular at wr but solid at Rb. 

We will see.  I hope thomas busts out now.  I just don't have a good beat on him and for his price tag wasn't pouncing this year unless it was in ppr.  

I think maybe I feel very differently about kamara' prospects moving forward than most.  I don't necessarily look at players with the same lense that I did in preseason once the season starts.   I don't view kamara as a COP back.  Moving forward with AP out of the way and with how much Payton and Brees love him, I see him getting 10 carries and 5-7 catches every week.  And with his explosiveness I see that translating to 80-100+ yards every week with a good shot at a td.  

Unlike car with mccaffery, NO actually knows how to utilize a guy like kamara and get him into space with the ball in his hands.  

Ingram still gets his 15+ carries and a few catches.  

So I think kamara' value is closer to thomas' value than most people think.  Even in a standard league.  

I did the trade mostly BC I am solid but not spectacular at wr but solid at Rb. 

We will see.  I hope thomas busts out now.  I just don't have a good beat on him and for his price tag wasn't pouncing this year unless it was in ppr.  
thomas has been bustin out for 2 years

I guess I just bought low?  I reluctantly accepted a trade offer or michael thomas for kamara.  Not sure how sold I am on thomas being a true wr1.  But with baldwin struggling and me being solid at Rb I pulled the trigger. 
I'm really not into league-shaming, but man, I wish I had leagues where people would offer that deal. I paid CJA and M. Bryant for him after their big week 2's in a 0.5PPR and still feel like I stole him.

Just a reminder that his playoff week matchups are @ATL, v.NYJ, v.ATL. All three on turf and the last two at home.  :banned:

Was Slay just glued to his hip all game long?
No clue. They did have a bunch of Def TD's and got a big lead so he got taken out of the game plan by that.

I was only able to see during Red Zone coverage but he wasn't the WR on the field on quite a few of their plays inside the 10. Didn't like seeing that.

He officially qualifies as the garbage pick of the year for me.  It's practically a throw away pick and starting him is costing me points by not starting someone else

Seems like last year was a story of him being the beneficiary of Cooks drawing the number one corner. Anytime there's a good CB-1 against him, he's a non-factor this year. Huge bust 

GTFOH...thats a pace for 1400 yards and 10 TDs. You have no argument here.....NONE
You GTFOH. Prior to this week he is currently WR20 in my standard scoring league.   After this performance he will be even lower.      I realize he had a bye week but I stand by what I said.   By the numbers he has been a low end wr2 thus far.  Maybe a high end wr3 by actual scoring after week 6.   

Im not looking to argue.   I traded for the guy so I'm rooting for him to the the elite wr that the fantasy community was hoping he'd be in preseason.  

You GTFOH. Prior to this week he is currently WR20 in my standard scoring league.   After this performance he will be even lower.      I realize he had a bye week but I stand by what I said.   By the numbers he has been a low end wr2 thus far.  Maybe a high end wr3 by actual scoring after week 6.   

Im not looking to argue.   I traded for the guy so I'm rooting for him to the the elite wr that the fantasy community was hoping he'd be in preseason.  
Look at the math of those last 3 weeks....1400 and 10 is not a WR2, let alone WR3, in ANY league. Those numbers are, in fact, ELITE in ANY league.

BTW....he came into this week ranked #12 in standard scoring. It's not crazy to call that (mildly) disappointing, but it's ridiculous to declare him a major bust worthy of being benched. I'm guessing you didn't sort your stats correctly...he might be #20 NOW, but pretty sure that's still not "benchable"

You should fact check before arguing your points.  After this week he's 16 PPG in standard before tonight's and tomorrow's game, and only Rishard Matthews or Sterling Shepard (with 33 point games) or Sanders (16) can realistically catch him.  So if you play in an 8 man league then yes, he's a high end WR3.

BTW....he came into this week ranked #12 in standard scoring. It's not crazy to call that (mildly) disappointing, but it's ridiculous to declare him a major bust worthy of being benched. I'm guessing you didn't sort your stats correctly...he might be #20 NOW, but pretty sure that's still not "benchable"
I think you're mixing me up with some other salty people in here.  I never said he is a major bust or that he is bench worthy.  I literally just traded for him this week.   Reluctantly, but I did it.  He's not leaving my lineup barring injury or complete suckage like today 3 weeks in a row at least.  

Stop responding to him.  It's pretty clear he doesn't like him for whatever reason
This is ridiculous.  My first experience in the michael thomas thread.  You guys are some serious truthers.  

I don't dislike the player at all.  I traded for him this week.   Hence why I started paying attn to this thread. 

For the record I think he's a good wr (not a great one) in a great offense with a HOF qb who makes him better than he actually is.  I thought the same of colston.  

I thought thomas was overvalued in preseason being taken in the early 2nd rd in non ppr.  Hence why I didn't draft him.  

But when I had the opportunity to trade kamara for him after the AP trade news broke I did it, BC if he returns low end wr1 value rest of the season I would think that's a win for me.  

I think he has a short resume and people anointed him as a top 5 wr prematurely.  Brees likes to spread the ball around. 

But overall I like the guy.  I hate what he did to me in my standard scoring league today.  But ##### happens and even ab has his bad games. 

When I look at my leagues wr rankings based on fantasy pts scored on the season he clocks in currently at #20.  This is not me being wrong.  It's simply a factual observation.  I said that I realize he had a bye week and that will skew things.  But his performance today virtually ensures he will drop even further down the rankings after week 6 before he has a shot to climb them in week 7.   

When I look at my leagues wr rankings based on fantasy pts scored on the season he clocks in currently at #20.  This is not me being wrong.  It's simply a factual observation.  I said that I realize he had a bye week and that will skew things.
You have no idea how weak your argument sounds.  You not only counted his bye week against him, you even included a few guys ranked above him because they played Thursday night.  So while Thomas had 4 games, a few of those guys above him had 6 games.  Come on man.

When I look at my leagues wr rankings based on fantasy pts scored on the season he clocks in currently at #20.  This is not me being wrong.  It's simply a factual observation.  I said that I realize he had a bye week and that will skew things.
You have no idea how weak your argument sounds.  You not only counted his bye week against him, you even included a few guys ranked above him because they played Thursday night.  So while Thomas had 4 games, a few of those guys above him had 6 games.  Come on man.
Not just that, but I'm pretty sure he got stats through part of this week. When I sorted on MFL THROUGH WEEK 5 in my standard scoring league, Thomas came into this week as the 12th ranked WR, despite having had his bye.

Synthesizer said:
Is it an argument?  Is that what this is?  Not for me.  I'm just stating a fact.  That's where he is sitting in my league RT now.  I acknowledged his bye week skewed it.  I'm not stupid.  I get it.

I'm done here.  You should be too.  This is dumb.  And unproductive.  Here's to thomas blowing up for 150 yards and 2 tds next week and ending the season as wr1.  Cheers! 

msudaisy26 said:
This thread is hilliarous. I am going to try to trade for Thomas just so I have to monitor this thread more closely. 
Someone in my league had that same idea.  Got a stellar offer of Taylor Gabriel and Theo Riddick for him.  I wish I was making this up.  

Users who are viewing this thread