Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Best Documentaries You've Seen ---->

Wasnt there a dedicated thread a while back to Making a Murderer? Cant seem to find it.

Anyway, just wow on convicting the kid based on literally nothing but an obvious coerced "confession".  So you tell me they chained and tortured someone in a bed, cut her throat and shot her, and not one shred of evidence found in the room?  That isnt even possible.

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Like 1
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was up and down. 

The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart I watched this last night and was very impressed. It doesn’t go into as much depth as it probably should for such a heralded band, but it covers The

Rewatched Dogtown and Z-boys last night with my daughter who is just getting into skateboarding. A great documentary. Killer soundtrack and great archival photos and video. So interesting to see how u

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Wasnt there a dedicated thread a while back to Making a Murderer? Cant seem to find it.

Anyway, just wow on convicting the kid based on literally nothing but an obvious coerced "confession".  So you tell me they chained and tortured someone in a bed, cut her throat and shot her, and not one shred of evidence found in the room?  That isnt even possible.

I know someone who writes letters to Brendan in prison.  (I know, I know....she's super religious and feels awful for him). She'll post bits and pieces of the letters on her Facebook page from time to time and he writes like a 6 year old. That "confession" is laughable.....but has been upheld to the highest degrees of our justice system so far.

1 hour ago, Deepster said:

I know someone who writes letters to Brendan in prison.  (I know, I know....she's super religious and feels awful for him). She'll post bits and pieces of the letters on her Facebook page from time to time and he writes like a 6 year old. That "confession" is laughable.....but has been upheld to the highest degrees of our justice system so far.

Well I have only seen episode 1 of the 2nd season, so guessing things haven't gone well for Brendan if he is still in jail.  I am sure I could just look it all up, but enjoying the documentary so far.  If i read spoilers, oh well, no biggie.  

I tell ya what though, this lawyer that picked up the case and has all those exonerations.....wow, she is one tenacious B.  I like her so far.

22 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Staircase.  Wow is that Peterson guy unlikable.  And wow was that blood spatter guy a dunce.  That whole thing was a mess.  I fully believe he killed her, but wow they botched that crime scene and the prosecution.  Didnt matter though.  

Probably contravertial but jurys are stupid.   Hard to believe that's the best we got.  

Oh.  Three episodes into Making a Murderer.  Jesus wow.  

After seeing these last few documentaries ya wonder how many of these types of things are going on as we speak.  Good grief.  

over the last 2 weeks i was live streaming a local murder trial

granted it was during work hours so i didn't hear every word but essentially the prosecution's case was "wife is dead.. must be the husband." they kept hammering away that he didn't seem emotional enough about his wife having gone missing. 

defense brought the wife's psych doctor up to talk about her lifetime of battling depression and multiple suicide attempts including one in the year before she disappeared.

prosecutors best "evidence" was the guy drove trucks and could have dumped her body in a pit. 

that was it. oh, and he started dating a woman 6 months after his wife disappeared.

he just got convicted with no body, no physical evidence, no witnesses, no contradictions in his story.. nothing. 

juries are a freaking crapshoot

51 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

he just got convicted with no body, no physical evidence, no witnesses, no contradictions in his story.. nothing. 

juries are a freaking crapshoot

I didn't think that you could be convicted of murder without a body.

So that's just TV mob stuff I guess ...

"Although murder charges without a corpse are rare, nationally, about 86 percent of no-body murder cases that go to trial result in convictions, compared to all murder cases with conviction rates of 70 percent.Jul 9, 2020"

From:  No Corpse? No Problem. Notable Murder Convictions Without ...

www.aetv.com › real-crime › murder-convictions-without..

Plug for Icarus on Netflix.  About a guy who wanted to do a doc about doping and ended up in the middle of the whole Russian Olympics doping event.  Way cool.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I didn't think that you could be convicted of murder without a body.

So that's just TV mob stuff I guess ...

"Although murder charges without a corpse are rare, nationally, about 86 percent of no-body murder cases that go to trial result in convictions, compared to all murder cases with conviction rates of 70 percent.Jul 9, 2020"

From:  No Corpse? No Problem. Notable Murder Convictions Without ...

www.aetv.com › real-crime › murder-convictions-without..

oof

4 hours ago, Deepster said:

Oh dear god.  His conviction was overturned, now I see that was appealed.  Obviously that outcome didnt go in his favor.

What a gut punch

9 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

appears to have been purged.  i can't find it either. 

16 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Well I have only seen episode 1 of the 2nd season, so guessing things haven't gone well for Brendan if he is still in jail.  I am sure I could just look it all up, but enjoying the documentary so far.  If i read spoilers, oh well, no biggie.  

I tell ya what though, this lawyer that picked up the case and has all those exonerations.....wow, she is one tenacious B.  I like her so far.

She's awesome.  The 2nd season is virtually her work on the appeals.  And watching Avery's parents get older and going through it all is pretty sad.  What a depressing, dead end part of the country that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched The Last Blockbuster on Netflix. It was entertaining. Equal parts of nostalgia of renting from Blockbuster back in the day and the screwing the pooch of corporate Blockbuster failing to adapt.

• Like 1

Have y'all discussed the Formula 1 Netflix series? 

Season 3 tomorrow

I know nothing about any kind of auto racing, but I'm tearing through these episodes. 

It was done in a very non-sensational kind of way, probably because there's so much money/drama/tension they didn't need to. 

I'm now planning to DVR the Bahrain Grand Prix next week, the season opener.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a free year of AppleTV+ due to a recent device purchase.

Beastie Boys Story - I was really looking forward to this one because I was a huge Beastie Boys fan in HS.  If you like the Beastie Boys, definitely check it out, but if they're not your thing, it's an easy pass

Boys State - I thought this one was really good.  Highly recommended.