Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NCCommish

• timschochet

• The Commish

• Sinn Fein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A curse upon New York - no New York sports franchise will win a title in 2016. For every person that likes this post I'll add a year to the curse.

Want to offer a particularly large #### you to the people who made tonight possible. We could've had Bernie ####### Sanders as our president. Enjoy president Trump.

Here's Bernie's speech from Oct. 12, 2011 on the Panama deal. It is unbelievable how time after time after time, he has been on the right side of issues.   Finally, Mr. President, let's talk abou

I am not going to lie. The real reason I support Bernie is because he attracts young women who are looking to get laid. He is the best wingman since Iceman

On the flip side, chicks are going on Tinder just to shill for Bernie.

I'm old, fat, and married so Tinder isn't my thing, but I just can't imagine that's a successful tactic. "I'm going to reject you sexually, but can we talk about Wall Street reform?"

I am not going to lie. The real reason I support Bernie is because he attracts young women who are looking to get laid. He is the best wingman since Iceman

I'm old, fat, and married so Tinder isn't my thing, but I just can't imagine that's a successful tactic. "I'm going to reject you sexually, but can we talk about Wall Street reform?"

Several women have been banned over it.

Oh baby, talk dirty politics to me.

• Like 1

Need a little help feeling the Bern.

I'm sure it's covered in this thread but damned if I'm reading all that...

Can you guys tell me how Bernie proposes to pay for his "everything free" system?

I like free stuff as much as the next guy...so I'd really like to buy into this campaign but need a nudge.

Can you guys tell me how Bernie proposes to pay for his "everything free" system?

I like free stuff as much as the next guy...so I'd really like to buy into this campaign but need a nudge.

maybe higher taxes for some, but I would gladly pay a couple bucks a paycheck as a "not Hillary" tax!

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

Depends on the free stuff

Paid Family and Medical Leave - everyone pays ~$1.50 per paycheck, you get 12 paid weeks of Family and Medical Leave

Free Tuition - at public colleges - paid for with a tax on Wall Street Speculation.

Single Payer Healthcare - your taxes will go up, your insurance premiums will go away - resulting in most families paying less tax + premium under this plan

Infrastructure upgrades - Closing corporate tax loopholes.

General funds - tax brackets will change - most notably at $500K+

Madeline.Albright says there is a special.place in hell for women that don't support Hillary. Steinem says young women only support Bernie to get laid. No sexism in those comments.

I assume this is playing on the left but would like to hear second opinions.

My gf is an Obama voter and likes the Clintons. She saw those two clips on the news last night. The first time she saw it she cringed. Then she saw it a couple more times and got more angry each time.

Now, if only she would ignore when someone she supports says stupid things, she could qualify to be a Trump supporter.

You'd think someone would have started a thread on this by now.

So, not to get caught up in the expectations game too much, but what kind of margin of victory moves the needle for Bernie tonight?

A loss would be catastrophic. Probably the end of the competitive phase of the nominating process.

Less than 7 or 8 is going to be kind of eh.

10 to 15 is going to be a solid win, but in line with expectations.

15 to 20 would be a big win.

Anything bigger than that, like 60 to 40, and it's going to be pandemonium for the Clinton campaign, plus enough for the media and voters in other states alike to really begin taking Bernie seriously.

Going to be very interesting. My head tells me that the Clintons have always outperformed expectations in NH, and this is where having all the endorsements and the state's entire political network behind them could make it closer than predicted. But my heart tells me that huge turnout, with colleges in session, and the momentum Bernie is generating could produce a big win. Not gonna lie, was a little psyched to hear Dixville Notch went 4-0 for Bernie at 12:01 a.m. this morning.

Gonna be watching both parties' results/speeches/spin like it's the NFL playoffs.

So, not to get caught up in the expectations game too much, but what kind of margin of victory moves the needle for Bernie tonight?

Frankly, I think that all depends on how it's played in the media. He could win by 2pts and if the media covered it as "We still have a race!" instead of "Hillary exceeded expectations!" he'd probably still get a momentum bounce. Horse race journalism is awful. It's just a bunch of pundits creating their own expectations and then creating a narrative over the failure to meet the very expectations they arbitrarily created.

• Like 1

A loss would be catastrophic. Probably the end of the competitive phase of the nominating process.

Anything bigger than that, like 60 to 40, and it's going to be pandemonium for the Clinton campaign, plus enough for the media and voters in other states alike to really begin taking Bernie seriously.

Going to be very interesting. My head tells me that the Clintons have always outperformed expectations in NH, and this is where having all the endorsements and the state's entire political network behind them could make it closer than predicted. But my heart tells me that huge turnout, with colleges in session, and the momentum Bernie is generating could produce a big win. Not gonna lie, was a little psyched to hear Dixville Notch went 4-0 for Bernie at 12:01 a.m. this morning.

Gonna be watching both parties' results/speeches/spin like it's the NFL playoffs.

Looks about right. Anything less than 10% is gonna seem like a Clinton victory imo

Frankly, I think that all depends on how it's played in the media. He could win by 2pts and if the media covered it as "We still have a race!" instead of "Hillary exceeded expectations!" he'd probably still get a momentum bounce. Horse race journalism is awful. It's just a bunch of pundits creating their own expectations and then creating a narrative over the failure to meet the very expectations they arbitrarily created.

Was listening to Morning Joe this morning, and I think the political reporters will treat a loss as a loss - no matter the size. Several journalists discounted any home-field advantage for Sanders.

Personally, I think Sanders needs 15+ to get a "wow" factor to go along with a win. Because in that case the narrative will be that he was in a virtual tie in Iowa and a blow-out win in NH - and that he can definitely win the nomination....

If he gets 20+ I think the Clinton campaign is in real trouble. I don't think it changes the media narrative much, but it would suggest that Sanders is running 8+ points above the polling numbers - meaning his supporters are being underrepresented. So - in the polls were Sanders looks like he is closing the gap -could be a sign that he is actually leading.

I think the other big thing to watch for tonight/this week, is the number of donations Sanders takes in. He had a big haul after Iowa, and he will need an equally large contribution number this week. Bernie out spent Clinton $2.8M to $800K in New Hampshire recently - as both candidates saw the writing on the wall here. Sanders had to get a big win, and Clinton did not want to waste too much money on a lost cause. But that means that Clinton has a larger war chest - not counting her SuperPAC - for the March contests. Bernie is going to have to ramp up advertising quickly in those markets.

Some good early indications for Bernie:

Independents are turning out in substantial numbers in both the Republican and Democratic primaries in New Hampshire, with many voters in both contests expressing interest in a political outsider for their parties’ nominees.

Political independents account for about four in 10 primary voters in both the Republican and Democratic contests, according to preliminary exit poll results. That’s typical of the usual high turnout among independents in New Hampshire. They’re less prevalent in other state primaries.

This allays some fears that independents would break hard towards the republican primary.

There are plenty of self-identified late deciders, especially on the GOP side: Nearly half of Republican primary voters in these preliminary New Hampshire exit poll results say they finally picked their candidate only within the last few days. Fewer Democrats are later deciders, about two in 10.

Few last-minute changers is a good sign for Bernie.

they'll be busing in supporters from all over...

Not sure about college, but MEDICAID for all is already being paid for in other ways...it would simply be a shuffling of money paid from insurance premiums to new taxes both for employees and employers. I imagine there would be some one time costs associated with re-aligning everything and enhancing MEDICAID infrastructure.

Didn't think there would be much organization for Bernie out here in conservative western KS. Then yesterday I started getting calls from a couple Bernie event coordinators, and got a text today from a local coordinator asking to help do some door-to-door campaigning this weekend. Going to try and recruit a handful of Bernie supporters from my classes to tag along.

• Like 5

I'm going to predict Bernie gets a double digit win, perhaps closer to 20% than 10%.

I don't want to jinx anything but I have a feeling it's going to be closer to 30% than 20%.

I should say I have a berning feeling.

65-35 would be effing awesome.

daveweigel @daveweigel2m

43 minutes before polls close and they are turning people away from the sold-out Bernie victory party

What the hell are they doing? There is still time to go vote again.

• Like 1

I'm going to predict Bernie gets a double digit win, perhaps closer to 20% than 10%.

I don't want to jinx anything but I have a feeling it's going to be closer to 30% than 20%.

I should say I have a berning feeling.

Careful. This could be where Hillary's organization pays off. Clintons have overperformed in NH before

I read through that real quick...sounds wonderful.

I'm not up on my Presidential powers...does the president have the ability/power to impose all those taxes and closing of loopholes?

Or will he just have a "mandate of the people" and therefore need Congress to agree to all that?

I'm not up on my Presidential powers...does the president have the ability/power to impose all those taxes and closing of loopholes?

Or will he just have a "mandate of the people" and therefore need Congress to agree to all that?

He's going to need a mandate. But Bernie Sanders being elected would be one hell of a wake-up call for Congress, honestly.

Here you go.

David Sakowich @dsakowich_WMUR

Keene voting officials making copies of Democratic ballots, getting close to running out. #wmur

And some of what Bernie wants is better than none. Maybe no single payer for all, but for 55+. Pressure on price reductions for medical services. Free community college. Some CU movement and PAC restrictions.

Free community college would be horrible.

Do people that already paid for college, whether it was community or not, get money back from this program? Their degree would now be degraded with everyone and their mother going to college.

And some of what Bernie wants is better than none. Maybe no single payer for all, but for 55+. Pressure on price reductions for medical services. Free community college. Some CU movement and PAC restrictions.

Do people that already paid for college, whether it was community or not, get money back from this program? Their degree would now be degraded with everyone and their mother going to college.

Others have shared this opinion. Bizarre.

Maybe we should make education more difficult to obtain and drive the values up!

• Like 4

He's going to need a mandate. But Bernie Sanders being elected would be one hell of a wake-up call for Congress, honestly.

Would it though? Seems like Congress only cares about getting re-elected and the general election has little to do with that.

Never understood why the uber-rich people/companies can lobby for "free" stuff and no one bats an eye. Just smart business. But a citizen lobbying for "free" stuff is a leech.

If a guy walks into a car dealership and buys a car, but asks for free service for two years and free floormats do you really think it is the same as the guy that walks in and asks for a package of wiper blades for free but has never purchased a car there or anything else?

Maybe we should make education more difficult to obtain and drive the values up!

You didn't prove why existing degrees wouldn't be degraded.

You didn't prove why they would.

Never understood why the uber-rich people/companies can lobby for "free" stuff and no one bats an eye. Just smart business. But a citizen lobbying for "free" stuff is a leech.

If a guy walks into a car dealership and buys a car, but asks for free service for two years and free floormats do you really think it is the same as the guy that walks in and asks for a package of wiper blades for free but has never purchased a car there or anything else?
How about if the guy working in the maintenance department asks if he can have a pair of wiper blades after cracking open a shipment of 3,000 before he drives home without wiper blades in a storm? Does it matter if he has kids? Is a veteran? Has spent 50 years installing wiper blades for the company? Makes $9 an hour? Is half blind? Has a puppy in the car with him? Likes Seinfeld? Eats cheesesteaks? We need to make this analogy airtight. Let's get to work. Edited by Henry Ford

You didn't prove why they would.

Really? You're smarter than this, HF.

Give everyone something free and that free something becomes much less valuable.

Just not fair. Make them pay for it or....gasp...earn it via scholarships.