Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NCCommish

• timschochet

• The Commish

• Sinn Fein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A curse upon New York - no New York sports franchise will win a title in 2016. For every person that likes this post I'll add a year to the curse.

Want to offer a particularly large #### you to the people who made tonight possible. We could've had Bernie ####### Sanders as our president. Enjoy president Trump.

Here's Bernie's speech from Oct. 12, 2011 on the Panama deal. It is unbelievable how time after time after time, he has been on the right side of issues.   Finally, Mr. President, let's talk abou

41 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

wut

Bernie once let some BLM protesters use his mic instead of cheering on his crowd to sucker punch them and offer to pay their legal bills. The BLM advocates have dark skin..ISIS has dark skin. So they are really the same.  Make sense?

Edited by cap'n grunge
2 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Bernie once let some BLM protesters use his mic instead of cheering on his crowd to sucker punch them and offer to pay their legal bills. The BLM advocates have dark skin..ISIS has dark skin. So they are really the same.  Make sense?

Bernie didn't let him use the mic, they took it physically. Bernie's crowd was white and angry. Nice race card attempt.

10 minutes ago, GROOT said:

Bernie didn't let him use the mic, they took it physically. Bernie's crowd was white and angry. Nice race card attempt.

Yeah, I do think that if Omar the Chechen had jumped on stage next to Bernie, he also would have been able to wrestle the mic away.  Obviously Trump has shown the ability to violently repel attackers, as evidenced by his jiu-jitsu moves when a guy rushed his stage to try to spit at him.  

And of course Hillary would have simply enveloped him in her expandable jaw and swallowed him whole.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NCCommish said:

So we constantly hear we have to vote Democrat meaning Hillary or else the Republicans may get to appoint a justice. Well the more I really look into Garland's record the more I am wondering if they didn't. His record is extremely business friendly and is also very supportive of our mass incarceration "justice" system. In fact aftet further review I expect if he is approved he will hand the right many victories.Oh but he is allegedly prochoice. I say allegedly because there is not one case to prove it by.

So this is what I get fear mongerers? Essentially a Republican appointee? More asking for crumbs

Democrats are paid losers, and people act like Obama is a genius for nominating a conservative. Obama is not a progressive and the thing he cares about most above all is his appearance and legacy of looking bipartisan. 

7 hours ago, GROOT said:

hopefully not as much as these folks

Bernie probably thinking I tried and will be laughing 8 years form now black incarnation rates are still high and the unemployment gap grows.

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Strangely, not looking good in AZ.  Thought they hated Hillary there.

If Hillary wins Arizona, it will be due to: 

1. Number of Hispanics in Arizona. 

2. Hispanics highly motivated and terrified by Donald Trump

3. Hispanics largely believe that Hillary has a better shot at beating Trump than Bernie. 

I realize that #3 is highly debatable, but I'm betting the perception is pretty strong. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If Hillary wins Arizona, it will be due to: 

1. Number of morons in Arizona. 

2. Wall Street highly motivated and terrified of losing foreign slaves.

3. Morons largely believe that Hillary has a better shot at beating Trump than Bernie. 

I realize that #3 is highly debatable, but I'm betting the perception is pretty strong. 

Fixed.

Early reports of yuuuuuge turnout at some locations. 

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Bernie probably thinking I tried and will be laughing 8 years form now black incarnation rates are still high and the unemployment gap grows.

No he won't.  That's the thing. 

Just now, tommyGunZ said:

Kos calls for Bernie to drop out.  Looking forward to NCC and crew labeling him a fake liberal. 

Having Bernie drop out would be a terrible, terrible idea for the Democratic party.  I don't think that makes someone a fake liberal, it's just stupid to allow the Republicans to completely dominate the airwaves until July.

Just now, Henry Ford said:

The closer he is at the end, the more likely someone takes his place.

Didn't work that way with Perot.  The independent movement was crushed, never to be heard from again.  Interestingly enough, if Perot hadn't never run we may not have had to deal with a second Clinton.

The establishment doesn't mess around.  In 8 years Hillary will have them set up for decades.

• Like 1
Just now, BassNBrew said:

Didn't work that way with Perot.  The independent movement was crushed, never to be heard from again.  Interestingly enough, if Perot hadn't never run we may not have had to deal with a second Clinton.

The establishment doesn't mess around.  In 8 years Hillary will have them set up for decades.

This isn't a run at the independent vote.  It's an attempt to reshape the Democratic Party.  And it's working.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

Sanders crushing HRC in Idaho. But only 9000 total votes which they say is an amazing turnout? Geez.

Just 2 districts in that make up Ada County. There are 44 counties.  CNN has said this is the largest caucus turnout ever in US history.

2008 Utah Democratic Primary[2]CandidateVotesPercentageNational delegates

Barack Obama 75,538 56.72% 14

Hillary Clinton 51,333 39.07% 9

John Edwards 3,758 2.86% 0

Bill Richardson5490.42%0

Joe Biden4620.35%0

Dennis Kucinich4080.31%0

Mike Gravel1660.13%0

Christopher Dodd1170.09%0

Frank Lynch720.05%0

Totals131,403100.00%23

Can't say I'm thrilled with our next Democrat nominee being largely decided by states that won't come close to voting for Democrats in November. 

Happy to see Bernie continue to hold steady. He won't win the battle but his ideas can still win the war. Just takes time and us not giving up. 

8 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

This isn't a run at the independent vote.  It's an attempt to reshape the Democratic Party.  And it's working.

Plus they changed debate rules after Perot, was run by league of women voters and now it's run by corporations with dems and reps dictating rules to keep out a 3rd party candidate.

8 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Having Bernie drop out would be a terrible, terrible idea for the Democratic party.  I don't think that makes someone a fake liberal, it's just stupid to allow the Republicans to completely dominate the airwaves until July.

Yeah, I don't know where this is notion is coming from. There are many reasons for Bernie to stay in the race both for himself and for the party, and I'm not sure the one reason he would leave (to allow Clinton to turn her election to the general election) really matters anyway. She may actually be better served having a semi-competitive race that at least keeps the ####show on the other side from totally eclipsing her in terms of media coverage.

• Like 2

I don't mind Bernie sticking around. Coming out of the convention with the narrative that Hillary won a long, hard-fought primary against a tenacious opponent is a positive, in my book.

• Like 1

Is it likely that Clinton has enough pledged delegates to lock up the nomination or does she need supers? If she doesn't have enough pledged that's when you could see the Dems emulate the Repubs. Bonnie Bluehair isn't protesting, but Bernie Bro might be.

21 minutes ago, pantagrapher said:

I don't mind Bernie sticking around. Coming out of the convention with the narrative that Hillary won a long, hard-fought primary against a tenacious opponent is a positive, in my book.

I'm sure Republicans don't mind either. The longer the Bern stays, the more resentment for Hillary from his supporters

Edited by GROOT
23 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Yeah, I don't know where this is notion is coming from. There are many reasons for Bernie to stay in the race both for himself and for the party, and I'm not sure the one reason he would leave (to allow Clinton to turn her election to the general election) really matters anyway. She may actually be better served having a semi-competitive race that at least keeps the ####show on the other side from totally eclipsing her in terms of media coverage.

This part gets to me....I constantly flip emotion.  On one hand Bernie's message is important.  On the other the dem party is in need of some significant overhauling.  I guess I need to hope that his message sticks (making it worth while).  Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Is it likely that Clinton has enough pledged delegates to lock up the nomination or does she need supers? If she doesn't have enough pledged that's when you could see the Dems emulate the Repubs. Bonnie Bluehair isn't protesting, but Bernie Bro might be.

Bernie Bros are going to protest because the candidates with the most votes and the most pledged delegates is put over the top by supers?

That would be something  

Just now, Trey said:

Bernie Bros are going to protest because the candidates with the most votes and the most pledged delegates is put over the top by supers?

That would be something  

Not at all what I said and not what I asked. Will hilldog hit the magic number through pledged alone?

6 minutes ago, GROOT said:

I'm sure Republicans don't mind either. The longer the Bern stays, the more resentment for Hillary from his supporters

A lot depends on how Bernie plays it.