What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (5 Viewers)

SIDA! said:
Actually, it can be. There are a multitude of things that we deem unacceptable behavior in polite society because they are offensive to the senses in some way or another. But please, go ahead and feel free to argue otherwise.
You mean unacceptable things like campaign managers bruising the arm if female reporters, presidential candidates degrading women or saying they want to punch protestors?

Or that "non-pc" stuff is acceptable to you but not feeding a child?

Am I allowed to respond now? I'm pretty pissed off that my responses were cut but the stupidity I was responding to was left in place.. And my responses were fairly innocous compared to what I was responding to. Seriously considered just walking away for good decided that would.be the easy way.

Am I allowed to respond now? I'm pretty pissed off that my responses were cut but the stupidity I was responding to was left in place.. And my responses were fairly innocous compared to what I was responding to. Seriously considered just walking away for good decided that would.be the easy way.
It would be a tremendous loss to this board if you ever left it, especially if those were the sort of people who drove you off. 

I'd like to discuss Bernie's foreign policy acumen, an important consideration in a presidential candidate.  Does he really have what it takes in this area?  Here is his response to the bombings in Brussels yesterday.   http://www.thewrap.com/brussels-terror-attacks-bernie-sanders-statement-last-presidential-candidate-to-respond/

Thoughts?  Would world leaders take him seriously?
This post still cracks me up. That any Trump fan would ask if Bernie would be taken seriously...

It would be a tremendous loss to this board if you ever left it, especially if those were the sort of people who drove you off. 
That's nice of you to say. And it wasn't them. They aren't close to capable of it. They pale in comparison to those that went before them and I'm still here, theyre all gone. I guess it was Clayton who was doing the cutting so it would have been him. But that would have been the angry screw it reaction and I don't really go.that way on much. I prefer to stand and fight.

So back to Bernie. I got to watch his interview with The Young Turks. It was good with solid follow-ups and they allowed him.to give complete answers. I recommend it.

That's nice of you to say. And it wasn't them. They aren't close to capable of it. They pale in comparison to those that went before them and I'm still here, theyre all gone. I guess it was Clayton who was doing the cutting so it would have been him. But that would have been the angry screw it reaction and I don't really go.that way on much. I prefer to stand and fight.
I attempted to delete all of the back-and-forth snippy posts that added nothing to the thread.

It would be awesome if there weren't any.

I attempted to delete all of the back-and-forth snippy posts that added nothing to the thread.

It would be awesome if there weren't any.
So when I said to the obvious fishing on breastfeeding, its like you aren't even trying, that had to go but the post stayed. When I commiserated with Hell Toupee by saying, yeah that had to hurt, that got cut but the guy whose response was kind of dickish got to stay? Just trying to figure out the boundaries for today. 

I prefer to stand and fight.
Amen, bro! This we can all agree on. 

Sometimes you have to stand up and fight, defend your rights, even when you don't want to and would rather do something else. 

This is just a blip my friend. Besides,  Clayton pointed out that it was nothing untoward on your part.

Based on your criticism,  I had assumed erroneously that you were the only person who had comments deleted. 

Amen, bro! This we can all agree on. 

Sometimes you have to stand up and fight, defend your rights, even when you don't want to and would rather do something else. 

This is just a blip my friend. Besides,  Clayton pointed out that it was nothing untoward on your part.

Based on your criticism,  I had assumed erroneously that you were the only person who had comments deleted. 
I don't know what else was cut so I could only comment on what I knew. Look I got nothing against you. We disagree but I have no personal axe to grind.. But come on. You guys came in here en masse to disrupt the thread. It's fairly obvious.

Say what you want about me but I have tried,largely successfully, to stay out of other candidates threads. I haven't even read a post in most of them in weeks, heck months, much less commented. I even asked other Bernie supporters to stay out of them. But I won't standby and let what has been a pretty decent thread be crapped on for no good reason.

I don't know what else was cut so I could only comment on what I knew. Look I got nothing against you. We disagree but I have no personal axe to grind.. But come on. You guys came in here en masse to disrupt the thread. It's fairly obvious.

Say what you want about me but I have tried,largely successfully, to stay out of other candidates threads. I haven't even read a post in most of them in weeks, heck months, much less commented. I even asked other Bernie supporters to stay out of them. But I won't standby and let what has been a pretty decent thread be crapped on for no good reason.
I got nothing against you, either. No personal axe as well. So I am glad we are good there. 

Look, I was gone for a week due to heavy handed bull#### moderation. I have no idea what is going on here. I was locked out of the message board and not even allowed to follow along (unless I cleared my cookies or signed on from a different computer, I guess). So, yesterday I signed back on and made a post in the Trump thread and made a post in the Bernie thread.

The Trump thread had no action and the Bernie thread blew up with activity. I am not sure what happened there. But, if I had to guess, I would imagine that the people you are referring to have grown tired of the incessant dumping on in Trump threads that has occurred for literally day after day and month after month since the Summer.

I got nothing against you, either. No personal axe as well. So I am glad we are good there. 

Look, I was gone for a week due to heavy handed bull#### moderation. I have no idea what is going on here. I was locked out of the message board and not even allowed to follow along (unless I cleared my cookies or signed on from a different computer, I guess). So, yesterday I signed back on and made a post in the Trump thread and made a post in the Bernie thread.

The Trump thread had no action and the Bernie thread blew up with activity. I am not sure what happened there. But, if I had to guess, I would imagine that the people you are referring to have grown tired of the incessant dumping on in Trump threads that has occurred for literally day after day and month after month since the Summer.
And Trump has brought none of that on himself? Crapping on this thread fixes it how?

Sorry you were banned sometimes I agree with the moderation, some times I think it goes too far. I have defended some folks I strenously disagreed with who I felt were unfairly banned. Like Peens for example.

And Trump has brought none of that on himself? Crapping on this thread fixes it how?

Sorry you were banned sometimes I agree with the moderation, some times I think it goes too far. I have defended some folks I strenously disagreed with who I felt were unfairly banned. Like Peens for example.
I have been banned three times in the last month for insanely trivial and hypocritical reasons all pertaining to Trump stuff. It is insane and I am not the only one.

With all that said, and I don't want to hijack this thread by engaging in a back and forth on this issue, Trump has nothing to do with this. People are responsible for their own actions.

As far as how "crapping on this thread fixes it" -- I would surmise that the thought is that if more awareness is brought to the issue of double standards and blatant hypocrisy on this message board when it comes to the politically biased moderation policies then perhaps the powers that be will wake the #### up and start getting their #### together.

But, I am only speculating.

C'mon.  I've been waiting months for someone to bring up the breast feeding.  It was totally the elephant in the room.
The whole subject reminds me of gubernatorial election back in Iowa when there was an attack ad where a woman in a sexy voice accused the candidate of supporting "all...nude...dancing..".  He won in a landslide.

I have been banned three times in the last month for insanely trivial and hypocritical reasons all pertaining to Trump stuff. It is insane and I am not the only one.

With all that said, and I don't want to hijack this thread by engaging in a back and forth on this issue, Trump has nothing to do with this. People are responsible for their own actions.

As far as how "crapping on this thread fixes it" -- I would surmise that the thought is that if more awareness is brought to the issue of double standards and blatant hypocrisy on this message board when it comes to the politically biased moderation policies then perhaps the powers that be will wake the #### up and start getting their #### together.

But, I am only speculating.
So start a thread on it...no need to crap in other threads you should be able to see that approach isn't getting you anywhere.   :shrug:

Oh please.  Enough of the justification bull####.  What we object to is not the targeting of trump or his positions.  It's about targeting his supporters and the people posting.  Calling them stupid, dumb, unable to go math, racist, bigoted... Goes on all the time.  It was clearly highlighted for you last night, but you chose not to see it.  Bernie's policies and work ethic were targeted, to which you and others responded with personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So start a thread on it...no need to crap in other threads you should be able to see that approach isn't getting you anywhere.   :shrug:
I was banned for starting a thread, guy. And I said I was speculating. I literally just got back on the boards, yesterday and hadn't followed along the past week and have no idea what has been happening.

Oh please.  Enough of the justification bull####.  What we object to tie not the targeting of trump or his positions.  It's about targeting his supporters and the people posting.  Calling them stupid, dumb, unable to go math, racist, bigoted... Goes on all the time.  It was clearly highlighted for you last night, but you chose not to see it.  Bernie's policies and work ethic were targeted, to which you and others responded with personal attacks.
Wait...those were serious posts? :oldunsure:

Oh please.  Enough of the justification bull####.  What we object to tie not the targeting of trump or his positions.  It's about targeting his supporters and the people posting.  Calling them stupid, dumb, unable to go math, racist, bigoted... Goes on all the time.  It was clearly highlighted for you last night, but you chose not to see it.  Bernie's policies and work ethic were targeted, to which you and others responded with personal attacks.
Silly crap was.posted and got the response it deserved.

And when you associate yourself with someone running on a platform.that attracts the white supremacist movement then you can expect people to judge your character by that. When you associate yourself with someone who talks at a third grade level you can expect people to judge your intelligence by that. When you associate yourself with someone who seems to.have no relationship with the fact based world you can expect people to judge you on that as well.

So Trump brings it on himself and his followers.

Bernie Sanders: The Grifter

---

Sanders took his first bride to live in a maple sugar shack with a dirt floor, and she soon left him. Penniless, he went on unemployment. Then he had a child out of wedlock. Desperate, he tried carpentry but could barely sink a nail. “He was a shi**y carpenter,” a friend told Politico Magazine. “His carpentry was not going to support him, and didn’t.”

Then he tried his hand freelancing for leftist rags, writing about “masturbation and rape” and other crudities for $50 a story. He drove around in a rusted-out, Bondo-covered VW bug with no working windshield wipers. Friends said he was “always poor” and his “electricity was turned off a lot.” They described him as a slob who kept a messy apartment — and this is what his friends had to say about him.

---

Yeah...I love me some old school Bernie, when #feelthebern literally meant feel the burn from candles being used to light my mud hut.

Bernie Sanders - “climate changeis directly related to the growth of terrorism "

You Sanders guy on board with this statement??

" In the talk with the TV reporter, Bernie Sanders went on to claim, “I think we should invest in education and jobs, not more jails and incarcerations." How that would actually deal with suspected or known criminals remained unclear following the exchange.
Really? "Point, meet reporter" :wall:

Bernie Sanders - “climate changeis directly related to the growth of terrorism "

Seems like a slight reach. Although increasingly severe drought conditions in the middle east are probably contributing to unrest there, and climate change probably has a lot to do with that.

I recall reading that a reduction in the amount of arable land in Syria caused a migration to the cities (where there weren't jobs) which aided the unrest.  If you believe that economic problems contribute to terrorism and that climate change contributes to economic problems, the link is pretty clear.

Seems like a slight reach. Although increasingly severe drought conditions in the middle east are probably contributing to unrest there, and climate change probably has a lot to do with that.
It's not at all a reach in my opinion.  Look at what happened in Syria. The original protests began over water rights stemming from 2006, which has led to sustained conflict within the country and created a space for ISIS to build a base in Syria. 

There hasn't been any rain here in Phoenix in 2 months, hopefully we don't start cranking out terrorists, property values will plummet!

If we started to use a lot less of the oil from the despotic regimes of the Middle East(Saudis mainly) we could reduce the  #1 source of money for these groups.

Higgs said:
It's amazing you don't see the pitfalls in this type of approach.  It opens the door for everyone to do the same thing, and then all decorum and civility is lost in this place.  You really should know better.
This is true, except for the fact that I was discussing Donald Trump and his supporters. I find it offensive that I am being asked to regard supporters of bigotry and xenophobia with the same amount of respect that I would give legitimate candidates like Bernie Sanders or John Kasich.

I won't do it. The kindest thing I can write about Donald Trump supporters is that some of them are well meaning but incredibly uninformed about their man. Those who don't fall under the "uninformed" category do not deserve my respect. They deserve, in a rational world, to be insulted and ultimately disregarded. That's all they're going to ever get from me. 

It's not at all a reach in my opinion.  Look at what happened in Syria. The original protests began over water rights stemming from 2006, which has led to sustained conflict within the country and created a space for ISIS to build a base in Syria. 
Um...it is a reach..when you consider the fact that many places on this Earth have gone through droughts...and I don't think I recall any other people in non Islam drought areas donning suicide vests in protest. But, I may have missed one.

There hasn't been any rain here in Phoenix in 2 months, hopefully we don't start cranking out terrorists, property values will plummet!
Laugh all you'd like, but if AZ and CA were separate countries, they would have gone to war multiple times over the Colorado in the last 100 years or so.

Um...it is a reach..when you consider the fact that many places on this Earth have gone through droughts...and I don't think I recall any other people in non Islam drought areas donning suicide vests in protest. But, I may have missed one.
Sometimes things are complex and have more than one cause.

Laugh all you'd like, but if AZ and CA were separate countries, they would have gone to war multiple times over the Colorado in the last 100 years or so.
Yeah...fighting over water is nothing new. Arizona bombing Argentina because the sun rose today and it didn't rain in the ####### desert makes sense though.

Oh, does it have to involve suicide vests specifically? Otherwise I think maybe you should read up on British occupation of Ireland and India during times of drought.

Yeah...fighting over water is nothing new. Arizona bombing Argentina because the sun rose today and it didn't rain in the ####### desert makes sense though.
It also has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Are you really incapable of understanding the effect the ongoing water shortage in the region has on the political situation there, or are you just playing dumb for the sake of entertaining your buddies in this thread?

This is true, except for the fact that I was discussing Donald Trump and his supporters. I find it offensive that I am being asked to regard supporters of bigotry and xenophobia with the same amount of respect that I would give legitimate candidates like Bernie Sanders or John Kasich.

I won't do it. The kindest thing I can write about Donald Trump supporters is that some of them are well meaning but incredibly uninformed about their man. Those who don't fall under the "uninformed" category do not deserve my respect. They deserve, in a rational world, to be insulted and ultimately disregarded. That's all they're going to ever get from me. 
Opinion.  Your opinion that Trump is bigoted and xenophobic.  This is all highly subjective, based on limited information that we all process through our own internal set of biases and assumptions.  You don't know what Trump's motivations are any more than I do.  You don't know what's in his heart.  You think you can infer it, but once again that's a subjective opinion.  And this is talking about Trump, nevermind the further leap carrying that same opinion to his supporters, who you know even less about.

I don't have any problem with you or anyone else judging Trump based on your own perceptions and opinions.  But to draw conclusions about his supporters is a fool's errand, #1, and #2, it will result in this whole place becoming a cesspool of name calling.  Think about it, because you are one of the people in here that I know doesn't want this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread