What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (6 Viewers)

I am trolling because we are talking about terrorism and climate change and you want to cite a riot as proof to support your position? That is trolling?
It relates to the issue of environmental problems contributing to civil/political instability, of which terrorism is one possible outcome. That Pantagrapher is giving evidence of environmentally related instability in Nepal is due to you yourself bringing Nepal into the conversation as a notional place where such outcomes would be unlikely to happen. Your playing the rube, unable to ascertain the connection between these things does indeed seem like trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trolling because we are talking about terrorism and climate change and you want to cite a riot as proof to support your position? That is trolling?
It's the new intolerance of the do-gooders. Don't like Trump speaking , block the roads . Don't like Trump supporting students , complain to the dean . Don't like Trump supporters in a Burnie thread , report the posts and call it trolling 

It's the new intolerance of the do-gooders. Don't like Trump speaking , block the roads . Don't like Trump supporting students , complain to the dean . Don't like Trump supporters in a Burnie thread , report the posts and call it trolling 
Except that - since last night - Trump supporters have reported 23 posts in this thread while others have reported 3.

If Sanders is elected , he's my president , same for Clinton. 

I support Trump, I'm not a racist nor a bigot but at times here in the FFA have been called that by people more enlightened than me , I guess. 

The guy who started this thread loves throwing those terms around 

Except that - since last night - Trump supporters have reported 23 posts in this thread while others have reported 3.
Didn't you say last night that the only way you will know...is if...people use the report function?

I had a thread with my name and homophobic slur in it for days, but none of the mods saw it. I didn't report it...so I guess that was why it stayed up on the first two pages for several days at a time.

Didn't you say last night that the only way you will know...is if...people use the report function?

I had a thread with my name and homophobic slur in it for days, but none of the mods saw it. I didn't report it...so I guess that was why it stayed up on the first two pages for several days at a time.
That is correct.

I don't think we all know this.

Can you really not imagine a candidate that espoused views that are so reprehensible or nutty that it would be a reasonable assumption that anyone supporting that candidate was racist or stupid?  
You see, this is what I rail against.  What an arrogant, ignorant thing to say.  Just awful really.  And so sad coming from a liberal, the group of people who used to be the champions of fairness and tolerance.  You are no smarter than anyone else in here fatguy.  The Trump supporters in here support Trump for all different reasons.  Some are attracted to his commitment to protect American workers.  Some want immigration reform and a more secure border.  Others are voting for him as a protest vote - a big middle finger wake-up call to the GOP.  I can assure you they are very well read and intelligent enough. So you have a choice -you can treat people with respect, in which that respect will be returned, or you can continue with the dumb generalizations, in which case that will be returned as well.  Personally I would rather take the high road.

I guess this is a good sign of the continued relevancy of Bernie's campaign.
Yep. That and I've discovered the board upgrade makes ignoring posters a bit smoother. I think folks should stop biting on troll bait. SIDA is at least amusing with some of his trolls but a lot of the others...too terrible to bother responding to. Just move past it so we can continue celebrating Bernie's momentum!!

Yep. That and I've discovered the board upgrade makes ignoring posters a bit smoother. I think folks should stop biting on troll bait. SIDA is at least amusing with some of his trolls but a lot of the others...too terrible to bother responding to. Just move past it so we can continue celebrating Bernie's momentum!!
Ive contributed to feeding them...sorry.

Hope Bernie does gain more.  Good to see a guy who seems like a more honest man pushing for changes in how we have campaigns in this country.  Doing so without resorting to the types of tweets a certain orange man has done.  Sad that the voting public has pushed the two most dishonest and unlikable candidates.

The ONLY way this is "subjective" is through the lens of whether or not Trump believes what he's saying or this is a show.  These actions and words he's putting forth pass the basic dictionary definitions of "bigot" and "xenophobic" with flying colors.  It takes some significant mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.
And why would a candidate ever say something they don't necessarily mean?  I mean, these people don't pander during primary season, right?  Obama would never tacitly support radicals like Louis Farrakhan by refusing to condemn them by name, right?  And Hillary would never overhype the issue of white on black violence by mentioning horrific crimes against blacks at her rallies, right?

You've chosen to ignore content by Higgs. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Card Trader. Options
Seriously, you guys should try this. It makes the past several pages an unpleasant mess instead of an unholy train wreck.

Bernie's platform deserves more than feeding trolls. 

The ONLY way this is "subjective" is through the lens of whether or not Trump believes what he's saying or this is a show.  These actions and words he's putting forth pass the basic dictionary definitions of "bigot" and "xenophobic" with flying colors.  It takes some significant mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.
And why would a candidate ever say something they don't necessarily mean?  I mean, these people don't pander during primary season, right?  Obama would never tacitly support radicals like Louis Farrakhan by refusing to condemn them by name, right?  And Hillary would never overhype the issue of white on black violence by mentioning horrific crimes against blacks at her rallies, right?
If that's your point, that's fine.  You're left with a really large problem if you go down this path though.  Now he's pandering to a group.  That means there is a group who believe these things (it would be stupid to pander to something that no one believed right?).  So YOU are now saying the same thing Tim is with respect to Trump's supporters.  Not sure you realize that or not, but here we are.

Free speech doesn't mean consequence free.

The Commish said:
were you like this before you started following trump?
Dude...I have never reported a post in my life until today. But apparently, after dealing with Rudnicki/Clayton and other anonymous moderators...this is the only recourse I have.

Btw, I really did report the Homer Simpson post. It was the only post in this thread I have reported. And I really don't care about being called a whiny tool. 

But I do care about double standards and the moderating hypocrisy that has been going on in this place for a really long time. 

And you read Clayton's own words. He said that the only way he will know these things if they report them. 

If you have a rational explanation for why a thread with my name and a homophobic slur in the title was allowed to stay up for days on the front and second page, please let me know what you think that might be.

Of course we have Clayton.  We're trying to open your eyes to the inconsistencies in here.

Who came crying to you last night about the Bernie thread?  NCCommish?  Shamrock?  Groovus?  What exactly were we doing that was objectionable?  Can you define "trolling" for us?  How is what we did in the Bernie thread any different than what has been going on in the Trump thread since day 1?  We're attacking anyone personally?  Did we call anyone names?  Just curious what the rules are here, because it really does seem to be s moving target.

I never said people don't go to war over lack of water.

The conversation derived from a discussion on climate change. Climate change in the words of Bernie Sanders in the context of man made climate change. 

Human beings fight over water all the time..throughout our history. I get it. Regions go through droughts...all the time. If we are calling that climate change...then please clarify. 

The argument is that because Bernie Sanders drove his #### box VW van polluting the environment while schlepping around Vermont peddling his wares, that that has caused climate change, which led to drought in the Middle East (because...that has never happened before) and that is somehow America's fault and thus, we have planes being flown into skyscrapers.

Makes perfect sense to me. 
I see.  So you believe this statement is about saying that people aren't responsible for their actions.  That's not what it's about.

You see, this is what I rail against.  What an arrogant, ignorant thing to say.  Just awful really.  And so sad coming from a liberal, the group of people who used to be the champions of fairness and tolerance.  You are no smarter than anyone else in here fatguy.  The Trump supporters in here support Trump for all different reasons.  Some are attracted to his commitment to protect American workers.  Some want immigration reform and a more secure border.  Others are voting for him as a protest vote - a big middle finger wake-up call to the GOP.  I can assure you they are very well read and intelligent enough. So you have a choice -you can treat people with respect, in which that respect will be returned, or you can continue with the dumb generalizations, in which case that will be returned as well.  Personally I would rather take the high road.
how do you know Fatguy isn't smarter than me?

The Commish said:
were you like this before you started following trump?
Dude...I have never reported a post in my life until today. But apparently, after dealing with Rudnicki/Clayton and other anonymous moderators...this is the only recourse I have.

Btw, I really did report the Homer Simpson post. It was the only post in this thread I have reported. And I really don't care about being called a whiny tool. 

But I do care about double standards and the moderating hypocrisy that has been going on in this place for a really long time. 

And you read Clayton's own words. He said that the only way he will know these things if they report them. 

If you have a rational explanation for why a thread with my name and a homophobic slur in the title was allowed to stay up for days on the front and second page, please let me know what you think that might be.
It's the internet.  I'm pretty sure there isn't anything I care less about, so I'm confident I CANNOT give you an explanation for why there's a perceived double standard in fantasy land.

You've chosen to ignore content by Higgs. Options 
You've chosen to ignore content by Card Trader. Options
Seriously, you guys should try this. It makes the past several pages an unpleasant mess instead of an unholy train wreck.

Bernie's platform deserves more than feeding trolls.
how do you ignore folks with the new board? maybe I should ask fatguy. he is super smary

It's the internet.  I'm pretty sure there isn't anything I care less about, so I'm confident I CANNOT give you an explanation for why there's a perceived double standard in fantasy land.
Well, thank you for caring just enough to chime in on this issue. It is appreciated.

nevermind! I am smart too!
:hifive:

I don't mind disagreeing with folks. I think it's easily one of the best attributes this board offers. I've had my mind changed on several topics thanks to the FFA. I've broadened my understanding of numerous other topics thanks to the FFA. Trolling can be amusing to an extent, but sometimes you just need to break out the ignore function.

Kudos to JerseyToughGuys for making the Bernie thread great again!

:hifive:

I don't mind disagreeing with folks. I think it's easily one of the best attributes this board offers. I've had my mind changed on several topics thanks to the FFA. I've broadened my understanding of numerous other topics thanks to the FFA. Trolling can be amusing to an extent, but sometimes you just need to break out the ignore function.

Kudos to JerseyToughGuys for making the Bernie thread great again!
it is crazy efficient. you don't even get a place holder anymore.

Of course we have Clayton.  We're trying to open your eyes to the inconsistencies in here.

Who came crying to you last night about the Bernie thread?  NCCommish?  Shamrock?  Groovus?  What exactly were we doing that was objectionable?  Can you define "trolling" for us?  How is what we did in the Bernie thread any different than what has been going on in the Trump thread since day 1?  We're attacking anyone personally?  Did we call anyone names?  Just curious what the rules are here, because it really does seem to be s moving target.
Thanks for admitting that you came to this thread to troll it. You know exactly what you're doing.

You mean like when someone gets punched in the mouth and then the rest of you want to cry and whine about the violence?
No. That's called assualt. What I mean is running a racist campaign and then claiming.protestors are violating your free speech rights by using their right to protest. 

The violence at Trump rallies cheered on by the candidate has nothing to do with freedom and everything to do with violent facism and racism.

AnonymousBob said:
I don't recall seeing much of your posts in here so I apologize if I mentally dismissed it alongside the blatant trolling that was taking place.

What aspects of Bernie's policy are you criticizing? Are you disagreeing with the stances out of personal beliefs, thinking he won't be able to accomplish his agenda were he elected, or other? 
Burny cares more about fake issues that the racist BLMs group brings up than he does about real issues like jobs for black people. The proof is in his DREAM act and attitude towards immigration overall. Burny wants to legalize illegals and bring in massive amount of low skilled immigrants from Mexico that would take jobs from black people and Americans overall.

Basically, when it comes to dividing the country with fake BLM issues burny is great, but when it comes to actually helping black people burny is garbage.

Even if he was great on every issue I could never elect a pervert that wrote about incest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burny cares more about fake issues that the racist BLMs group brings up then he does about real issues like jobs for black people. The proof is in his DREAM act and attitude towards immigration overall. Burny wants to legalize illegals and bring in massive amount of low skilled immigrants from Mexico that would take jobs from black people and Americans overall.

Basically, when it comes to dividing the country with fake BLM issues burny is great, but when it comes to actually helping black people burny is garbage.
But you can support racism and facism

I don't believe that Trump is a racist or a fascist.
Really? Because the white nationalist movement thinks he is. His rhetoric marks him as both.  You might do well to concentrate less on the crappy writings of a 20 something and more on what your guy is saying today.

Users who are viewing this thread