What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (7 Viewers)

Who came crying to you last night about the Bernie thread?  NCCommish?  Shamrock?  Groovus?
For the record, I never reported anyone involved in this thread. In fact, I think I've only ever reported someone once  in over 10 years of frequenting this board. I was happy to let your words stand and let people make their own judgement on the merits of your posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course we have Clayton.  We're trying to open your eyes to the inconsistencies in here.

Who came crying to you last night about the Bernie thread?  NCCommish?  Shamrock?  Groovus?  What exactly were we doing that was objectionable?  Can you define "trolling" for us?  How is what we did in the Bernie thread any different than what has been going on in the Trump thread since day 1?  We're attacking anyone personally?  Did we call anyone names?  Just curious what the rules are here, because it really does seem to be s moving target.
I have reported exactly.one post in all the years I've been here. Someone posted nude photos in my thread. I asked them to remove.them they didn't. I reported the post to save the thread. I didn't report any of you or any of your posts here. I have never.reported anyone for.calling.me names which happens regularly. I am.a.big boy and I don't run to.mommy when people are mean.

I have reported exactly.one post in all the years I've been here. Someone posted nude photos in my thread. I asked them to remove.them they didn't. I reported the post to save the thread. I didn't report any of you or any of your posts here. I have never.reported anyone for.calling.me names which happens regularly. I am.a.big boy and I don't run to.mommy when people are mean.
Which I think brings us back to the subject of the mom vs. stepmom stuff fatguy was talking about earlier.

What's funny is that this used to be the substantive thread. This is where people were serious and serious people discussed serious issues.
well, it still is.  we just have some trump fans who've found it and are entertaining us for a little while.  we'll be back to regularly scheduled programming shortly

I have been banned three times in the last month for insanely trivial and hypocritical reasons all pertaining to Trump stuff. It is insane and I am not the only one.

With all that said, and I don't want to hijack this thread by engaging in a back and forth on this issue, Trump has nothing to do with this. People are responsible for their own actions.

As far as how "crapping on this thread fixes it" -- I would surmise that the thought is that if more awareness is brought to the issue of double standards and blatant hypocrisy on this message board when it comes to the politically biased moderation policies then perhaps the powers that be will wake the #### up and start getting their #### together.

But, I am only speculating.
WOW

I'm always amazed at how some folks are completely incapable of seeing how they rude they come across, or how they can really rub other folks the wrong way

Burny cares more about fake issues that the racist BLMs group brings up than he does about real issues like jobs for black people. The proof is in his DREAM act and attitude towards immigration overall. Burny wants to legalize illegals and bring in massive amount of low skilled immigrants from Mexico that would take jobs from black people and Americans overall.

Basically, when it comes to dividing the country with fake BLM issues burny is great, but when it comes to actually helping black people burny is garbage.

Even if he was great on every issue I could never elect a pervert that wrote about incest.
Why are you spelling it Burny? 

Opinion.  Your opinion that Trump is bigoted and xenophobic.  This is all highly subjective, based on limited information that we all process through our own internal set of biases and assumptions.  You don't know what Trump's motivations are any more than I do.  You don't know what's in his heart.  You think you can infer it, but once again that's a subjective opinion.  And this is talking about Trump, nevermind the further leap carrying that same opinion to his supporters, who you know even less about.

I don't have any problem with you or anyone else judging Trump based on your own perceptions and opinions.  But to draw conclusions about his supporters is a fool's errand, #1, and #2, it will result in this whole place becoming a cesspool of name calling.  Think about it, because you are one of the people in here that I know doesn't want this.
I think this is a reasonably fair response to a post where TIm went too far.

That said, it is difficult for many of us to understand how anyone can NOT see how bigoted and xenophobic Trump is. It is difficult for many of us to understand why anyone with a strong ability to reason would prefer his bluster and tendency to say almost nothing very loudly.

I'm still waiting for Trump to put real plans on the table...other than, you know, making Mexico pay for a wall.

Burny cares more about fake issues that the racist BLMs group brings up than he does about real issues like jobs for black people. The proof is in his DREAM act and attitude towards immigration overall. Burny wants to legalize illegals and bring in massive amount of low skilled immigrants from Mexico that would take jobs from black people and Americans overall.

Basically, when it comes to dividing the country with fake BLM issues burny is great, but when it comes to actually helping black people burny is garbage.

Even if he was great on every issue I could never elect a pervert that wrote about incest.
Judging on this post and others I have seen from you...I don't think you know much about what Bernie actually stands for or what his thoughts on the issues are.

Sure. And sometimes, there is only one cause.

Or are Buddhists, Taoists, Christians suffering from droughts in their region from time to time and strapping on suicide vests?

Funny. Leftists will bend over backward to mock Americans who blame illegals or H1B visa immigrants from stealing their jobs and livelihood. They will mock them and ridicule them as idiots and losers. But the same group will try to rationalize and justify terrorism because of climate change?

It is sickening and disturbing.
WOW

NOBODY attempted to JUSTIFY terrorism. The only thing said was that climate change likely impacted water resources, and lack of water resources helps lead to political instability.

Your reach here is what is sickening and disturbing

So. You believe that Buddhists, Taoists and Christians from other parts of the world will soon be bombing the United States and Europe because they will eventually go through a drought...but thankfully haven't had to endure one up to this point?

NOBODY has said that climate change is the direct or only cause. It is but one factor, and few would consider it a primary factor.

This.... interests me.

A source close to the Sanders campaign framed the latest development as a way to keep the door open for a lawsuit as the two parties wait for the results of an independent audit. 
This is a pretty big deal, I did not know the audit was going forward - my hope is that the audit look back in time and not just the event in December.

eta - I also think what happened with NGP is in context with what just happened where the DNC announced it was shutting off its voter data access to any challengers to Dem incumbents. Absolutely they play favorites.

Do you really not see the issue with this?  It's your opinion that they don't deserve your respect and should be insulted.  If the proper way to behave is "insult and denigrate those whom you deem unworthy of respect", then that's the proper criteria for everyone else, too.  If we were all to use that criteria, then the whole place becomes insults and flame wars.  No doubt the Trump supporters think the same about you.  No doubt others think the same of others, including people you do respect.
:goodposting:

So when I do Drumpf shtick that's insulting. When you do misspellings of Bernie that's cool. Gee maybe double standards aren't just for mods huh?

Tone getting a bit more desperate in here....  starting to feel the bern? 

So I guess the obvious question is "why the trolling here instead of the Hillary thread?"
If it was trolling , and that would be based on your definition or trolling , it was kind of an accidental flare up . I think the way it was handled  up above made it worse . Kind of like chumming the waters . 

Some of the crap wasn't even between sanders supporters , I believe Hillary people were in her swinging away too.

I like popping in her and mostly read , once in awhile I'll chime in with a question . 

Im curious about Sanders . Living in New England I always looked at him as a nut but there are things about him that interest me 

NOBODY has said that climate change is the direct or only cause. It is but one factor, and few would consider it a primary factor.
And honestly the only point I had heard Bernie make was that there is a direct link - meaning, OIL.  Follow the money and oil is mostly what funds these terrorist groups from the ME.  If we remove the dependence on oil (and use a cleaner alternative) then we not only help the environment and climate change but we help to remove funding from these groups.  

So I guess the obvious question is "why the trolling here instead of the Hillary thread?"
Elementary, my dear Watson. Saints posts about 25 lengthy, densely worded, unedited articles about Hillary's emails every single day. If they did try to troll, it would be lost among the nonsense Saints posts and no one would probably even notice it was there. In fact, as far as I know, they may have even attempted that, since I don't have the attention span (nor the desire to develop carpal tunnel syndrome) to scroll through countless articles of minutia discussing Hillary's emails out of context, plus the imagined machinations of Sidney Blumenthal and David Brock.

Elementary, my dear Watson. Saints posts about 25 lengthy, densely worded, unedited articles about Hillary's emails every single day. If they did try to troll, it would be lost among the nonsense Saints posts and no one would probably even notice it was there. In fact, as far as I know, they may have even attempted that, since I don't have the attention span (nor the desire to develop carpal tunnel syndrome) to scroll through countless articles of minutia discussing Hillary's emails out of context, plus the imagined machinations of Sidney Blumenthal and David Brock.
Clearly I've been keeping the Hillary thread a safe space. HTH.

David Brock is pretty low.

If it was trolling , and that would be based on your definition or trolling , it was kind of an accidental flare up . I think the way it was handled  up above made it worse . Kind of like chumming the waters . 
:lmao:

If it was trolling?  Accidental flareup?

The day that SIDA comes back, crying incessantly about how unfair the board is, seven or eight of you guys all come in here within an hour of each other pissing all over the place?  Yeah, I'm sure that was a coincidence.

If it was trolling?  Accidental flareup?

The day that SIDA comes back, crying incessantly about how unfair the board is, seven or eight of you guys all come in here within an hour of each other pissing all over the place?  Yeah, I'm sure that was a coincidence.
:shrug:

happenstance turned into high jinks

By the way just read the Emory story. Their safe place was invaded and so they wanted to attack the people who did it. But they couldn't really so they attacked the school.administration. Sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it?

What I do like about Bernie though is his passion and commitment.  That's the one quality I can always respect, even if I am diametrically opposed to someone's viewpoints.  He definitely has a role in government, just not President.
He speaks to a lot of issues that get ignored and need a voice...that's important

By the way just read the Emory story. Their safe place was invaded and so they wanted to attack the people who did it. But they couldn't really so they attacked the school.administration. Sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it?
Yup just like Mizzou. Bunch of brittle people found a poostika and attacked the administration, tread on the other students rights and got people fired. 

Users who are viewing this thread