What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (10 Viewers)

Another superchet submission.
What if I told you I don't care what celebrities think about anything but especially not about politics? Any idiot that bases their vote on what celebrities think doesn't really deserve the opportunity to vote.
What if I told you that I agree with you 100% but many others--especially millennials--place a lot of credence in the opinions of celebrities.
What if I told you that if it helps get Bernie elected, I don't care why the celebrities are doing it?

What if I told you I don't care what celebrities think about anything but especially not about politics? Any idiot that bases their vote on what celebrities think doesn't really deserve the opportunity to vote.
What if I told you that I agree with you 100% but many others--especially millennials--place a lot of credence in the opinions of celebrities.
What if I told you that if it helps get Bernie elected, I don't care why the celebrities are doing it?
Lul

There's something else afoot here in northern SC. I think the GOP is underestimating Bernie's appeal to "anti-establishment" types. Of course, I could be completely wrong (the whole birds of a feather and what not) but I have seen and heard many suggesting Bernie would be a consideration for them under the right circumstances (usually when the option is between him, Trump/Cruz). There's an ever growing "anyone but Hillary" thing going on around here. Was talking with a PS prof here at Winthrop a few days ago and he wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bernie do very well up here. He also said "ok" in the Columbia area and doesn't have any real idea in the Charleston area. Something to keep an eye on going forward I suppose.

There's something else afoot here in northern SC. I think the GOP is underestimating Bernie's appeal to "anti-establishment" types. Of course, I could be completely wrong (the whole birds of a feather and what not) but I have seen and heard many suggesting Bernie would be a consideration for them under the right circumstances (usually when the option is between him, Trump/Cruz). There's an ever growing "anyone but Hillary" thing going on around here. Was talking with a PS prof here at Winthrop a few days ago and he wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bernie do very well up here. He also said "ok" in the Columbia area and doesn't have any real idea in the Charleston area. Something to keep an eye on going forward I suppose.
I think the professor has it backwards, I think Sanders has a much strong chance in Charleston. In Northern SC, I just don't see it. Maybe he basing this on how long John Spratt held the house seat, but his family owned Fort Mill. We'll see.

I think the professor has it backwards, I think Sanders has a much strong chance in Charleston. In Northern SC, I just don't see it. Maybe he basing this on how long John Spratt held the house seat, but his family owned Fort Mill. We'll see.
If Charleston is the "lock" out of the three, then Hillary's in trouble because there is no question the "anyone but Hillary" group up here is growing. There's also a group on the "conservative" side here in the "WTF is happening to my party" category. This is the first time in a long time I've seen people shy away from "democrat" and "republican" labels in favor of "liberal" and "conservative". It's pretty interesting to watch.

I think (and certainly I hope) this is all wishful thinking. I'd be stunned if Hillary lost South Carolina. Even if she lost the first 3 contests, which would be a calamity, I would still expect her to win SC.

It's an observation Tim. Take it or leave it :shrug:

All I can tell you is what I am seeing and hearing from people. People I never thought would bail on the GOP are doing so. People I never thought would bail on the Dems are doing so. I frequently question myself on this because I never thought I'd see it, so when someone in the field independently validates what I am seeing, I think it's worth mentioning. Feel free to dismiss it however you see fit.

It's an observation Tim. Take it or leave it :shrug:

All I can tell you is what I am seeing and hearing from people. People I never thought would bail on the GOP are doing so. People I never thought would bail on the Dems are doing so. I frequently question myself on this because I never thought I'd see it, so when someone in the field independently validates what I am seeing, I think it's worth mentioning. Feel free to dismiss it however you see fit.
I'm not dismissing anything in this election. We'llKnow soon enough.

If Charleston is the "lock" out of the three, then Hillary's in trouble because there is no question the "anyone but Hillary" group up here is growing. There's also a group on the "conservative" side here in the "WTF is happening to my party" category. This is the first time in a long time I've seen people shy away from "democrat" and "republican" labels in favor of "liberal" and "conservative". It's pretty interesting to watch.
Columbia is certainly the most solidly blue part of the state and has the most liberals. Democratic voters in Charleston are by and large going to be minority (although both cities have large minority populations).

Latest Boston Herald poll has Sanders +16 in NH. Last 3 NH polls have been Bernie +16, Bernie +22, Bernie +19. :thumbup:

We do? You have any basis for that opinion?

There's a strong "anybody but Hillary" vibe happening in Wisconsin too. This server/email thing is sitting over her head, and is a lot more damaging than I think she appreciates. And I don't think people really like her. Also, RIP Vince Foster.

The guy in the cube next to me leans right, member of the NRA, church goer...donated to Bernie's campaign, calling him "the only genuine one in the bunch".

Bernie has a real good shot at this. As long as his running mate doesn't go full Stockdale on him, I think he's aces.

There's a strong "anybody but Hillary" vibe happening in Wisconsin too. This server/email thing is sitting over her head, and is a lot more damaging than I think she appreciates. And I don't think people really like her. Also, RIP Vince Foster.

The guy in the cube next to me leans right, member of the NRA, church goer...donated to Bernie's campaign, calling him "the only genuine one in the bunch".

Bernie has a real good shot at this. As long as his running mate doesn't go full Stockdale on him, I think he's aces.
I wonder how many of us are our there?

How many Clinton people are out there that would switch to Trump if Bernie is the Dem candidate?

I would assume that the first population is greater than the second but maybe Tim or Tommy could explain why that assumption is wrong.

This kind of sums me up. Although not a church goer or NRA guy. Lean heavily right on all things financial/economic/taxation/etc. Don't actually believe anymore that anybody in government supports what I believe so I may as well go with the guy I like the best. That just happens to be Bernie. Guy definitely seems genuine thus far. Counts for a lot.

:lmao:

The Ben Jerry's limited edition Bernie ice cream made me laugh. It has a hard chocolate shell on top you gotta break up and mix with the rest of the ice cream.

Vince Foster isn't the skeleton in Hillary's closet that her campaign has to worry about. The FBI Indictment is one. The other is just the general desire among many Americans to have anyone but a Bush or Clinton in the White House.

Vince Foster isn't the skeleton in Hillary's closet that her campaign has to worry about. The FBI Indictment is one. The other is just the general desire among many Americans to have anyone but a Bush or Clinton in the White House.

How long are conservatives going to repeat this nonsense?

For the umpteenth time, conservatives certainly don't want another Bush in the White House. But Democrats have no problem with another Clinton in the White House, and neither does the general public.

For the umpteenth time, conservatives certainly don't want another Bush in the White House. But Democrats have no problem with another Clinton in the White House, and neither does the general public.
You serious Clark?

You serious Clark?
Very much so. Here's a clue for you: in the last two Republican conventions, George W. Bush was nowhere to be seen. In the last two Democratic conventions, Bill Clinton was a major presence. Why do you think that is?

I'm no conservative Tim. I repeated it.

There are a lot of "anti-Hillary" people out there. Sure, most of them are conservatives, but there are quite a few moderates and liberals who would prefer anyone but Hillary.

She may overcome it, but to pretend it doesn't exist is pretty naive.

Is it going to take Bernie in the White House in order for you to realize this is a mistaken belief Tim?

latest Minneapolis Star Tribune poll has Hillary up by 34 in Minnesota
That poll has some totally crazy results. Shows Minnesota - which has gone with the Democratic Presidential candidate for at least the last 10 elections (including the only state that went against Reagan) - voting for Rubio over Hillary by 9% and even Cruz beating her by 2%!

And that's with a sample of 236 Republicans and 307 Democrats.

Those Presidential results alone make me very suspicious of anything that poll says. But if you take it as accurate, then Hillary's lead over Bernie isn't the big news, the big news is that Hillary is running so poorly even in Minnesota.

There are a lot of "anti-Hillary" people out there. Sure, most of them are conservatives, but there are quite a few moderates and liberals who would prefer anyone but Hillary.

Well now you're talking about something else. Sure, there are some people, not a lot of people, who don't like Hillary and think, "anyone but her."

But that's different from an attitude of "We're sick of the Bushes and the Clintons". Republicans feel this way about the Bushes, and they're trying to pretend that Democrats feel the same way about the Clintons. It's not true.

Is it going to take Bernie in the White House in order for you to realize this is a mistaken belief Tim?
Well, that would certainly go a long way, yeah. :P

Well now you're talking about something else. Sure, there are some people, not a lot of people, who don't like Hillary and think, "anyone but her."

But that's different from an attitude of "We're sick of the Bushes and the Clintons". Republicans feel this way about the Bushes, and they're trying to pretend that Democrats feel the same way about the Clintons. It's not true.
Is it a feather in the Democratic cap to say "meh....if we have to elect Hillary to get more Bill, sobeit??

The establishment, maybe. There is a good portion of the populace who thinks that way about both the Bushes and the Clintons.

latest Minneapolis Star Tribune poll has Hillary up by 34 in Minnesota
That poll has some totally crazy results. Shows Minnesota - which has gone with the Democratic Presidential candidate for at least the last 10 elections (including the only state that went against Reagan) - voting for Rubio over Hillary by 9% and even Cruz beating her by 2%!

And that's with a sample of 236 Republicans and 307 Democrats.

Those Presidential results alone make me very suspicious of anything that poll says. But if you take it as accurate, then Hillary's lead over Bernie isn't the big news, the big news is that Hillary is running so poorly even in Minnesota.
Also has a 70% vs 30% skew toward land lines vs. cell phones. I don't know a single person up here that owns a land line, personally. Reading further, it was conducted by Mason-Dixon Research, which had one of the worst polling accuracy ratings by 538 from the 2012 election (second worst it looks like, actually), though it does appear they have a solid B+ from 538 over a much longer timespan. The poll also doesn't appear to say how many respondents there were in each age bracket. My guess is that it is heavily skewed toward 50+.

The land line numbers alone make me doubt the result, though. 538 and other have pointed out that, more and more, skewing toward land line polling is leading to major accuracy issues as the usage of phones dramatically shifted in the last decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: How long are conservatives going to repeat this nonsense?

:scoreboard:

You serious Clark?
Very much so. Here's a clue for you: in the last two Republican conventions, George W. Bush was nowhere to be seen. In the last two Democratic conventions, Bill Clinton was a major presence. Why do you think that is?
If you'll check the bolded I don't think I asked about Dem or Rep. conventions, I asked about the General Public (your words) caring about another Clinton in the white house.

The only way to prove you guys wrong is for Hillary to be elected our next President. When that happens hopefully some of you will admit you were mistaken all along. I'll be magnanimous in my response.

Users who are viewing this thread