What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having problems with the forum using a Chrome browser?   :oldunsure:

I cannot reply to anything in Chrome.
I've noticed a real slowdown lately in how long it takes to go from hitting the reply button to the site posting the reply (chrome).

Anybody else?

Thanks. I'll ask Keith to look. I know it's fun to make jokes about it but by far the best thing to do if it's not working is to report a post and it'll get to the right people much faster. Thanks. 
"Next Unread Topic" at bottom right of page.  The description of the Topic title has disappeared today.  It use to be along with it.  Can this be fixed?

Thanks. I'll ask Keith to look. I know it's fun to make jokes about it but by far the best thing to do if it's not working is to report a post and it'll get to the right people much faster. Thanks. 
Hey Guys. Keith was able to get with invision and they are having a signficant issue with their indexing and that's what's causing the search trouble. Hope to have an update soon on when they can get it going. Thanks. 

"Next Unread Topic" at bottom right of page.  The description of the Topic title has disappeared today.  It use to be along with it.  Can this be fixed?
It's not anything we can fix but I think it's related to the stuff Invision is working on. No promises, but if they can fix it, they will. Thanks. 

Searching is coming back around now. Invision did a minor upgrade to the latest version and we kicked off a rebuild of the search index afterward. The rebuild is about 55% complete now and it should be finished by end-of-day tomorrow. For reference, I was getting 2 results returned on a board-wide search for "tony gonzalez" before the upgrade. I'm getting 67 results on the same search now.

More than likely, the template change in the updated version clobbered the preview text on the "Next Topic" link -- I've requested that it be added back.

Searching is coming back around now. Invision did a minor upgrade to the latest version and we kicked off a rebuild of the search index afterward. The rebuild is about 55% complete now and it should be finished by end-of-day tomorrow. For reference, I was getting 2 results returned on a board-wide search for "tony gonzalez" before the upgrade. I'm getting 67 results on the same search now.

More than likely, the template change in the updated version clobbered the preview text on the "Next Topic" link -- I've requested that it be added back.
Couple more things, I’ve noticed that pasting a link doesn’t become hypertext on its own anymore, we have to manually click the url icon and paste it there.  

Not a big deal, just kind of lame to notice it in a post and have to go back and edit the link.  

STRONG BAD: {singing, types 'run "strongbad's__email"'} Oh, who is the guy that checks all his emails? That's me, Strong Baaad.

Dear Strong Bad,
Do you take your wrestling mask and boxing
gloves off before you go to bed?
Sincerely,
Abdi LaRue
San Diego, CA

STRONG BAD: {clears screen, typing} Well, that's a stupid question, Abdi. Do you take off your face and hands before you go to bed? And if so, are you some kind of robot? And if so, what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for good, or for awesome? Would you like to join forces? I just happen to be the greatest criminal mind of our time. {types "—Strong Bad" and then stops typing} Okay, until next time. Keep sending me your questions, and I will make fun of you... I mean, answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread