What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4th Annual NCAA Point Spread Madness Bracket #1 (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
Here we go! I will color code winners in Bold. Keep in mind that it's against the point spread, so even if you drew a crap team, you can still move on with the opponent if the opponent doesn't cover the point spread. Without further ado....

Villanova  -2  AJ248 2

Oklahoma  TySte 1 moves on with Oklahoma-out ChrLamb 1 moves on with OU

UNC  -9.5  AJ248 moves on with UNC 

Syracuse    Penguin 3

Austin Peay Jules 1, Colorado MQuinn 1-out, Arizona -2 ComfyNumb 4, Buffalo Frosty 1, Baylor -5.5 RStee 3-out, UNC Wilmington   LerCor 1, FGCU AJ248 1, Chattanooga RStee 4-out, Stony Brook Johnny Bing 1, Hampton  Comfy Numb 5-out, Texas Tech   Penguin 1-out!, Purdue -9 RStee 2-out, Iona LOCO 1-out, Seton Hall RStee 1, USC LerCor 1, Fresno St.Jules 4, Dayton -1   TySte 5, Oregon St. Johnny Bing 4, Cal -7 Frosty 2, S. Dakota St. JLux 2, Temple Johnny Bing 2, UNC Asheville Penguin 4, Green Bay Comfy Numb 2, CSU Bakersfield TySte 1, WVU -7 DanLamb 1, Pittsburgh JMon 2, Mich. St. -18 TySte 4, Cincinnati MatHk 1, Holy Cross Galileo 1, Texas -4.5 SAtkins 1, Comfy Numb 1-out!, Comfy Numb 3-out, Jules 2-out as OK won but didn't cover, TySte 3-out, Michigan RStee 5, Weber St. Jules 3, UConn  MMann 1, Wichita St. -2 KOsbor 1, Providence LerCor 1 moves on with Providence, Kentucky  -3.5 DSmurf 1, Utah JMon 1, Little Rock AJ248 4, Yale  DTerp 1, Butler JPerr 2, Hawaii Johnny Bing 3, Iowa Johnny Bing 2 moves on with Iowa, Saint Joseph’s JLux 1, Northern Iowa Don’t Noon 1, VCU   ChrLamb 1, S.F. Austin DSmurf 2, Xavier -4.5 BBWC 1, Middle Tenn. Jules 5, Texas A&M AJ248 5-out Don't Noon 1 moves on with TA&M, Maryland JLux moves on with Maryland, Miami Frosty moves on with Miami, Duke LerCor1 moves on with Duke, Wisconsin MMan 2, Iowa St. BBWC 2, Indiana  KOsbor 2, Gonzaga  -4.5  AJ248 3, Kansas -2 Penguin 2, Oregon -2 NBA Jam 1- out JLux moves on with Oregon, Virginia   -8  LerCor 2, Notre Dame Timmy PG 1-out DSmurf moves on with ND

Please look it over. I'm pretty sure I have it right, but not above making mistakes. :)

Updated. I forgot to copy/paste everything after Hampton the first time. Sorry.

DTerp 1, JulesW 6, MMan 2, BBWC 2, AJ248 5, NBAJam 1, Don't Noonan 1, Comfortably Numb 5, Frosty 2, KOsbor 2, ChrLam 1, LerCor 3, TySt 5, MatHk 1, MQuinn 1, RSte 5, JPerr 2, Galileo 1, Johnny Bing 4, LOCO 1, JMon 2, Penguin 4, Dan Lambskin 1, DSmurf 2, Timmypg 1, SAtkns 1, JLux 2

The Concept:

Every entrant will have a team drawn for them randomly out of a hat (literally). Even if you draw the 16 seed, you have a chance to win the whole thing! Every winner will be decided by the point spread the day before the game. I will use odds.com and the Mirage lines. Example: Kentucky is favored by 12 but only beats UCONN by 8. The person who has UCONN in the pool would move on in the bracket but would now own Kentucky since Kentucky didn't cover the spread. This makes it fun for everyone (especially the underdogs) to cheer on the games. Everyone has action!

Last year several teams changed owners throughout the tournament. You can see how I tracked the tourney in this link: 

I will be keeping track of the tournament withing the actual tournament bracket thread. Each entry will be $20.50. The $0.50 is my "take" for running this. I will make $32. :)

You can enter as many times as you like. I cannot guarantee an even spread of your teams across all 4 Regions as it is a blind draw.

Payouts will be $150 for Final 4, and additional $200 for each Championship game participant, and then $280 additionally to the winner!

Winner= $630

Runner Up= $350

Final 4 Losers= $150

This is a totally fun bracket and much better than a blind draw when you get the 16 seed and are out after the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have played before, feel free to share with your friends. Just copy/paste it to your email or Facebook. Also, please consider sharing a testimonial for those who haven't played this format before.

Looks like 7 spots still available.  With a confirmation, I will be IN for two, but want to be sure prior to sending the paypal.  Thanks for running this again.

Okay, we have 64 teams committed to. Please get you entries paid for if you haven't already. From this post and below, I will take signups for a second bracket. Don't pay until I post to do so. Same entry fee, but you get 2 teams so the payouts will be half of what is listed above. This way we only need 32 entries sold. Who wants in?

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS THREAD SO YOU CAN GET RESULTS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, for anyone interested, I am also running a bracket pickem contest. $25 entry fee. Winner take all (may chop at the final four if all agree).

Points per round= 2-3-5-8-13-21) A nicely balanced scoring system based on a famous mathematical progression. Slightly favors getting earlier picks correct versus later picks. Plus an added bonus for upset picks.

No extra fee, 100% payout. Send Paypal to: kellington_46176@yahoo.com 

Link to join and complete your bracket: https://yho.com/tourney?g=68357&k=c513b32ab433776b&soc_trk=lnk

I have 4 entries available! One guy had to drop who wanted 5 but had something come up. Who wants them? I need money by 5PM tomorrow so I can pick tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread