What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (1 Viewer)

Glad he didn't get traded.  Now,  go show them what they're missing and give him 10 targets a game!

Weather looks like trouble tmrw. Sustained winds 25-30 mph with stronger gusts. Could be a repeat of the ugly CLE/LV game.

Fuller was locked and loaded against this CLE secondary, but now thinking twice. If it wasn't for that bomb last week (that shouldn't have been allowed since refs blew a delay of game) he would have been a bust in good weather.

Only other option is starting AB and don't love that.

I'll state up front that I have no shares of Fuller anywhere.

There has never been a better time to sell than right now. Soon enough, he'll revert to what we've seen over the past couple of years- a high injury risk player that will burn those overinvested in him. He's had an exceptional 10 game run- get your best ROI right now. 
He's no doubt a sell high, but I'd say the biggest reason is the upcoming schedule. Weeks 13-15 have HOU facing INDY, @CHI, @INDY. INDY D is legit.

I'll state up front that I have no shares of Fuller anywhere.

There has never been a better time to sell than right now. Soon enough, he'll revert to what we've seen over the past couple of years- a high injury risk player that will burn those overinvested in him. He's had an exceptional 10 game run- get your best ROI right now. 
Contract year. The injuries are coming next year. 

How we feeling about Fuller with high winds in CLE today?

Feel like he just dropped from a low end WR1 with the matchup to more of a WR2/Flex due to this weather.

Would be interested to know who you're starting over him.

Feel like he just dropped from a low end WR1 with the matchup to more of a WR2/Flex due to this weather.

I switched from him to Duke. The weather sounds bad. 

Following up from the weather thread, but as you know I have Hollywood and AB in consideration. You made good points with Hollywood so might go AB if I swap him out. 

Only thing with Fuller is he is getting some of the Nuk routes this year (shirt underneath stuff).  With AB it’s a real dice roll. As who knows how the WR distribution will go this week.

Following up from the weather thread, but as you know I have Hollywood and AB in consideration. You made good points with Hollywood so might go AB if I swap him out. 

Only thing with Fuller is he is getting some of the Nuk routes this year (shirt underneath stuff).  With AB it’s a real dice roll. As who knows how the WR distribution will go this week.
Take it for what it's worth, but was watching ESPNs Fantasy show and Mike Clay was saying that AB has by far the best CB matchup among TB WRs.

That said, nobody really knows anything.

Take it for what it's worth, but was watching ESPNs Fantasy show and Mike Clay was saying that AB has by far the best CB matchup among TB WRs.

That said, nobody really knows anything.
I know everyone keeps talking about Carr and Baker’s numbers in similar conditions in week 8, but let’s also consider Watson is much better than those clowns.

I can see the logic in going AB, but could also easily see him with another 30-40 yard game. Arians chirping about Evans getting the ball. Godwin healthier with the finger. With Fuller all it takes is potentially one catch. And the Cleveland corners are still terrible. It’s a tough call.

I know everyone keeps talking about Carr and Baker’s numbers in similar conditions in week 8, but let’s also consider Watson is much better than those clowns.

I can see the logic in going AB, but could also easily see him with another 30-40 yard game. Arians chirping about Evans getting the ball. Godwin healthier with the finger. With Fuller all it takes is potentially one catch. And the Cleveland corners are still terrible. It’s a tough call.
Watson actually has a pretty bad history in windy games. Five TDs total and 228 passing yards per game across four games in games with similar windy conditions. I am seriously thinking of benching Fuller for Sterling Shepherd.

The other thing to consider in these games, in addition to the limited passing tree, is the defense's awareness of that limitation. There is no concern to cover the deep third of the field, so they can push up and contest and tackle the short routes. 

I ignored the wind in the midwest a couple of weeks ago and it burned me, so I'm also seriously considering benching Fuller. Especially since he runs the deep routes. I could flex in Duke Johnson for him. 

Mag1234 said:
I ignored the wind in the midwest a couple of weeks ago and it burned me, so I'm also seriously considering benching Fuller. Especially since he runs the deep routes. I could flex in Duke Johnson for him. 
That is what I did. Through halftime it is costing me 5 points. 

Will Fuller caught 5-of-8 targets for 38 yards in the Texans' Week 10 loss to the Browns. 

With the wind all but eliminating the deep ball on the shores of Lake Erie, Fuller was held without a touchdown for the first time in seven games. It didn't have to be that way, but an end zone target that may have been intended for Fuller somehow ended up in Pharoah Brown's hands for a score. Fuller also had a missed connection or two that might have been catches in better weather. One of fantasy's most consistent WR2s this season, Fuller should bounce back against the Patriots in Week 11 even if he sees a heavy dose of Stephon Gilmore. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Fuller caught 6-of-7 targets for 171 yards and two touchdowns in Houston's Week 12 win over the Lions.

Fuller joined Amari Cooper as the only players with at least 170 receiving yards and two touchdown receptions on Thanksgiving since 1990. Deshaun Watson and Fuller singlehandedly buried the Lions in the fourth quarter, scorching CB Amani Oruwariyre with a 40-yard go-route for a touchdown before responding yet again with a wide open 34-yard score following a trick flea-flicker play. Fuller, currently expected to become an unrestricted free agent at season's end, has already notched career-highs in receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (8) with five games left on the schedule. Fantasy players who intelligently laughed at any injury predictions are being rewarded with a WR1 that should have been treated as such in drafts this offseason.

- Rotoworld

Truebluey said:
Really one of the unsung heroes of the 2020 season. 

The knock on him was injuries, but he has put that to rest this year. 
It's a legit knock since he has played 14,10,7,11 games the prior four years...no doubt he is a stud if he is on the field...zero question about that.

Truebluey said:
Really one of the unsung heroes of the 2020 season. 

The knock on him was injuries, but he has put that to rest this year. 
I seem to remember in the preseason there was some noise that he dedicated himself to the weight room and put on some weight to help stay on the field. 

I seem to remember in the preseason there was some noise that he dedicated himself to the weight room and put on some weight to help stay on the field. 
How does that explain week 2 when he was basically getting work done on his hamstring the entire game?

You've got to be absolutely kidding. Funny, guy just looked like a house this year. Gone were the dreads and that general way of running he had with them flying everywhere, almost like he was slip sliding he was going so fast.

Ay de mi. Good story gone bad.

Rotoworld:

Will Fuller announced via Instagram that he's been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing substances policy.

And now we know why Fuller has stayed healthy this year. Currently set to become an unrestricted free agent in March, Fuller will miss the rest of the 2020 season and sit out Week 1 for whichever franchise he ends up with for the new league year. Fuller wraps up his fifth and potentially final year with the Texans with career-highs in receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (8) from Deshaun Watson. With Kenny Stills on waivers and Randall Cobb still on injured reserve, Houston will move forward with Brandin Cooks, Keke Coutee, and Isaiah Coulter in three-wide sets in the interim. Fuller turns 27 in April.

RELATED: 

Brandin Cooks

, Keke Coutee

SOURCE: Aaron Reiss on Twitter

Nov 30, 2020, 5:29 PM ET

He's going to be a free agent. I would imagine delaying the process is going to make him much less appealing to a possible new team.
I bet a lot of teams will not want to sign him.....seeing as he will expect a higher WR contract based on his 2020 PED stats vs other yrs (always hurt).
Too much risk.........I think he's going to be the Offensive "Jadeveon Clowney".   Expects to be paid top dollar, but will always be hurt.

I bet a lot of teams will not want to sign him.....seeing as he will expect a higher WR contract based on his 2020 PED stats vs other yrs (always hurt).
Too much risk.........I think he's going to be the Offensive "Jadeveon Clowney".   Expects to be paid top dollar, but will always be hurt.
I'm wondering if this was the reason why he was able to maintain his health this year. And, I hate to say it, but I can totally understand why he took the risk.

I'm wondering if this was the reason why he was able to maintain his health this year. And, I hate to say it, but I can totally understand why he took the risk.
Most PEDs definitely aid in recovery.   I chalked up this season to playing in a contract year but never expected this.   I'm curious how this will play out in free agency and what his market value is.  Fuller was looking at a top 10 type contract prior.  

I bet there are a lot of teams like the Packers that are thankful they never pulled off a trade at the deadline. 

Contract years also can have that effect on players who are more willing to play through minor nicks and soft tissue tweaks that they might otherwise sit for, but PEDs can definitely aid in recovery. 

this sucks. 

Will Fullers statement on his Instagram

“willfullerv Earlier this year, I sought treatment from a medical professional who prescribed medication that he believed to be permitted under the NFL’s drug policy. As it turns out, my trust in this professional was misplaced because this medication was NOT a permitted substance under the NFL Policy on Performance Enhancing Substances. 

As a result of this mistake, I have been suspended for six games for taking this prohibited medication. I want to sincerely apologize to the Texans organization and all of my fans for this mistake. I am looking forward to putting this all behind me and returning better than ever in 2021. 

Thank you, Will”

Link

Users who are viewing this thread