Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, trader jake said:

The Packers need a field stretcher, not another pass-catcher that keeps the chains moving.  Between Adams, Tonyan, and the running backs the short and intermediate routes are covered.  MVS just isn't getting the job done and defenses can play two deep and "contain" the Packers offense at times.

Will Fuller could change that.  Could.  I do question the combination of Fuller's penchant for minor injuries and the Packers medical staff, which is notoriously conservative with getting nicked players back on the field.

See Andre Rison, 1996-97.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve legit been wondering why for three months. Then I read the last half of your sentence very    s l o w l y and laughed out loud.

Is there not a 1-800 number these guys can call and ask "Hey, I'm thinking about putting substance X in my body...is it allowed?"

I’m not the biggest fan of the Chris Harris podcast, but I do love the fact that his nickname for Kerryon Johnson is the Wizzinator.

I'm pretty surprised he didn't get moved for something like a 3rd and 5th. GB was the best case if he got moved (there were some truly scary places he could have gone, like Baltimore or Cleveland), but his best spot this year is in Houston by far. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

Too bad this can't get worked out, but I have a sneaking feeling that Lazard is the real deal, a very solid #2.

I like him a lot too.  But we have seen him hurt and Davante hurt and Jones hurt.   With Covid hanging out I dont find it wise to sit pat hoping everyone stays healthy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Weather looks like trouble tmrw. Sustained winds 25-30 mph with stronger gusts. Could be a repeat of the ugly CLE/LV game.

Fuller was locked and loaded against this CLE secondary, but now thinking twice. If it wasn't for that bomb last week (that shouldn't have been allowed since refs blew a delay of game) he would have been a bust in good weather.

Only other option is starting AB and don't love that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Faust said:

I'll state up front that I have no shares of Fuller anywhere.

There has never been a better time to sell than right now. Soon enough, he'll revert to what we've seen over the past couple of years- a high injury risk player that will burn those overinvested in him. He's had an exceptional 10 game run- get your best ROI right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ack88 said:

I'll state up front that I have no shares of Fuller anywhere.

There has never been a better time to sell than right now. Soon enough, he'll revert to what we've seen over the past couple of years- a high injury risk player that will burn those overinvested in him. He's had an exceptional 10 game run- get your best ROI right now. 

He's no doubt a sell high, but I'd say the biggest reason is the upcoming schedule. Weeks 13-15 have HOU facing INDY, @CHI, @INDY. INDY D is legit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ack88 said:

I'll state up front that I have no shares of Fuller anywhere.

There has never been a better time to sell than right now. Soon enough, he'll revert to what we've seen over the past couple of years- a high injury risk player that will burn those overinvested in him. He's had an exceptional 10 game run- get your best ROI right now. 

Contract year. The injuries are coming next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

How we feeling about Fuller with high winds in CLE today?

Feel like he just dropped from a low end WR1 with the matchup to more of a WR2/Flex due to this weather.

Would be interested to know who you're starting over him.

I switched from him to Duke. The weather sounds bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How we feeling about Fuller with high winds in CLE today?

Feel like he just dropped from a low end WR1 with the matchup to more of a WR2/Flex due to this weather.

Would be interested to know who you're starting over him.

Following up from the weather thread, but as you know I have Hollywood and AB in consideration. You made good points with Hollywood so might go AB if I swap him out. 
 

Only thing with Fuller is he is getting some of the Nuk routes this year (shirt underneath stuff).  With AB it’s a real dice roll. As who knows how the WR distribution will go this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

Following up from the weather thread, but as you know I have Hollywood and AB in consideration. You made good points with Hollywood so might go AB if I swap him out. 
 

Only thing with Fuller is he is getting some of the Nuk routes this year (shirt underneath stuff).  With AB it’s a real dice roll. As who knows how the WR distribution will go this week.

Take it for what it's worth, but was watching ESPNs Fantasy show and Mike Clay was saying that AB has by far the best CB matchup among TB WRs.

That said, nobody really knows anything.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Take it for what it's worth, but was watching ESPNs Fantasy show and Mike Clay was saying that AB has by far the best CB matchup among TB WRs.

That said, nobody really knows anything.

I know everyone keeps talking about Carr and Baker’s numbers in similar conditions in week 8, but let’s also consider Watson is much better than those clowns.

I can see the logic in going AB, but could also easily see him with another 30-40 yard game. Arians chirping about Evans getting the ball. Godwin healthier with the finger. With Fuller all it takes is potentially one catch. And the Cleveland corners are still terrible. It’s a tough call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny Utah #9 said:

I know everyone keeps talking about Carr and Baker’s numbers in similar conditions in week 8, but let’s also consider Watson is much better than those clowns.

I can see the logic in going AB, but could also easily see him with another 30-40 yard game. Arians chirping about Evans getting the ball. Godwin healthier with the finger. With Fuller all it takes is potentially one catch. And the Cleveland corners are still terrible. It’s a tough call.

Watson actually has a pretty bad history in windy games. Five TDs total and 228 passing yards per game across four games in games with similar windy conditions. I am seriously thinking of benching Fuller for Sterling Shepherd.

The other thing to consider in these games, in addition to the limited passing tree, is the defense's awareness of that limitation. There is no concern to cover the deep third of the field, so they can push up and contest and tackle the short routes. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mag1234 said:

I ignored the wind in the midwest a couple of weeks ago and it burned me, so I'm also seriously considering benching Fuller. Especially since he runs the deep routes. I could flex in Duke Johnson for him. 

That is what I did. Through halftime it is costing me 5 points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Will Fuller caught 5-of-8 targets for 38 yards in the Texans' Week 10 loss to the Browns. 

With the wind all but eliminating the deep ball on the shores of Lake Erie, Fuller was held without a touchdown for the first time in seven games. It didn't have to be that way, but an end zone target that may have been intended for Fuller somehow ended up in Pharoah Brown's hands for a score. Fuller also had a missed connection or two that might have been catches in better weather. One of fantasy's most consistent WR2s this season, Fuller should bounce back against the Patriots in Week 11 even if he sees a heavy dose of Stephon Gilmore. 

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Will Fuller caught 6-of-7 targets for 171 yards and two touchdowns in Houston's Week 12 win over the Lions.

Fuller joined Amari Cooper as the only players with at least 170 receiving yards and two touchdown receptions on Thanksgiving since 1990. Deshaun Watson and Fuller singlehandedly buried the Lions in the fourth quarter, scorching CB Amani Oruwariyre with a 40-yard go-route for a touchdown before responding yet again with a wide open 34-yard score following a trick flea-flicker play. Fuller, currently expected to become an unrestricted free agent at season's end, has already notched career-highs in receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (8) with five games left on the schedule. Fantasy players who intelligently laughed at any injury predictions are being rewarded with a WR1 that should have been treated as such in drafts this offseason.

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truebluey said:

Really one of the unsung heroes of the 2020 season. 

The knock on him was injuries, but he has put that to rest this year. 

It's a legit knock since he has played 14,10,7,11 games the prior four years...no doubt he is a stud if he is on the field...zero question about that.

Edited by Boston
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truebluey said:

Really one of the unsung heroes of the 2020 season. 

The knock on him was injuries, but he has put that to rest this year. 

I seem to remember in the preseason there was some noise that he dedicated himself to the weight room and put on some weight to help stay on the field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max55 said:

I seem to remember in the preseason there was some noise that he dedicated himself to the weight room and put on some weight to help stay on the field. 

How does that explain week 2 when he was basically getting work done on his hamstring the entire game?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Well it doesn't make him immune to all injuries. It was just meant to help in that department and also far so good.

Yep, many experts often forget the beauty of playing in a contract year.  Those nagging injuries often dissipate until they're taking care of.  I wouldn't want to hold Fuller in dynasty but great value in 2020.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to be absolutely kidding. Funny, guy just looked like a house this year. Gone were the dreads and that general way of running he had with them flying everywhere, almost like he was slip sliding he was going so fast.

Ay de mi. Good story gone bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld:

Quote

Will Fuller announced via Instagram that he's been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing substances policy.

And now we know why Fuller has stayed healthy this year. Currently set to become an unrestricted free agent in March, Fuller will miss the rest of the 2020 season and sit out Week 1 for whichever franchise he ends up with for the new league year. Fuller wraps up his fifth and potentially final year with the Texans with career-highs in receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (8) from Deshaun Watson. With Kenny Stills on waivers and Randall Cobb still on injured reserve, Houston will move forward with Brandin Cooks, Keke Coutee, and Isaiah Coulter in three-wide sets in the interim. Fuller turns 27 in April.

RELATED: 

Brandin Cooks

, Keke Coutee

SOURCE: Aaron Reiss on Twitter

Nov 30, 2020, 5:29 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

6 games......there are only 5 games left in 2020 season, so 1 game will carry over to next season.

He's going to be a free agent. I would imagine delaying the process is going to make him much less appealing to a possible new team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

He's going to be a free agent. I would imagine delaying the process is going to make him much less appealing to a possible new team.

I bet a lot of teams will not want to sign him.....seeing as he will expect a higher WR contract based on his 2020 PED stats vs other yrs (always hurt).
Too much risk.........I think he's going to be the Offensive "Jadeveon Clowney".   Expects to be paid top dollar, but will always be hurt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nemesis said:

I bet a lot of teams will not want to sign him.....seeing as he will expect a higher WR contract based on his 2020 PED stats vs other yrs (always hurt).
Too much risk.........I think he's going to be the Offensive "Jadeveon Clowney".   Expects to be paid top dollar, but will always be hurt.

I'm wondering if this was the reason why he was able to maintain his health this year. And, I hate to say it, but I can totally understand why he took the risk.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

I'm wondering if this was the reason why he was able to maintain his health this year. And, I hate to say it, but I can totally understand why he took the risk.

Most PEDs definitely aid in recovery.   I chalked up this season to playing in a contract year but never expected this.   I'm curious how this will play out in free agency and what his market value is.  Fuller was looking at a top 10 type contract prior.  

Edited by Major
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...