Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Synthesizer said:

Fuller placed the blame on an unnamed physician, and some people actually believe him?  Come on, don't be so gullible.  Professional athletes with millions of dollars on the line know what substances they are putting in their body, and whether or not those substances are legal in their sport.

Yep. That explanation looked like it came from a random PED excuse generator. IIRC the NFL can't disclose what they tested positive for, so it always benefits the player to put an innocent sounding story out. 

On Fuller being re-signed in Houston, I wonder if that means they cut Cooks to make space. I don't think Cooks is overpriced at $12m next year, but he can be released with no dead cap. Or maybe more likely he gets traded once again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve legit been wondering why for three months. Then I read the last half of your sentence very    s l o w l y and laughed out loud.

Is there not a 1-800 number these guys can call and ask "Hey, I'm thinking about putting substance X in my body...is it allowed?"

I’m not the biggest fan of the Chris Harris podcast, but I do love the fact that his nickname for Kerryon Johnson is the Wizzinator.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:50 AM, jtd13 said:

Yep. That explanation looked like it came from a random PED excuse generator. IIRC the NFL can't disclose what they tested positive for, so it always benefits the player to put an innocent sounding story out. 

On Fuller being re-signed in Houston, I wonder if that means they cut Cooks to make space. I don't think Cooks is overpriced at $12m next year, but he can be released with no dead cap. Or maybe more likely he gets traded once again. 

Tough to say what Houston will do when they have no GM and no real head coach. The fact that they moved nobody prior to the trade deadline I think means they will want Fuller back and this suspension will make him cheaper. I’d rather see them restructure Cooks than cut him as they have no one behind Fuller if they bring him back. But either way they need to cut salary badly with a number of guys either needing to be restructured, traded or cut: Watt, Cooks, both DJ’s, Cobb, Mercilus, Kelemete, Cunningham, McKinney, Murray, Roby. Some of these guys are good players that should be retained if they can, just a long list of badly structured or overpaid contracts BOB handed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...


 

Quote

Will Fuller will be suspended for Week 1 of the 2021 season. 

Fuller served five of his six-game suspension for a PED violation at the end of the 2020 season, and will have to finish the suspension in the first regular season game of next season. On Monday, suspensions for Fuller and teammate Bradley Roby were temporarily lifted so they can participate in offseason activities. The Texans are expected to re-sign Fuller, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March. 

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter 

Jan 5, 2021, 8:46 AM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Faust said:


 

 

Since the Texans haven't hired a new GM or coach yet, how do we know they are expected to re-sign Fuller? Will is a great player who hasn't been able to stay on the field due to injuries, until this year, when he was suspended for taking PED's which can help you not get injured. I don't think the Texans will get in a bidding war for Fuller and they are better off extending Cooks to a long term deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

cooks contract has 3 years left. they don't have much cap room to sign fuller. with a full off-season it would be nice if he cant stay in houston if he could go to GB. im sure rodgers wouldnt mind having a deep threat that can actually catch

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

cooks contract has 3 years left. they don't have much cap room to sign fuller. with a full off-season it would be nice if he cant stay in houston if he could go to GB. im sure rodgers wouldnt mind having a deep threat that can actually catch

Funny, given that this was the big knock on Fuller, epsecially his rookie year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

As a Watson and Fuller owner, they both need each other.

Fuller is a deep threat that is one of the best in the league. 

Cooks is good, but he has lost that deep step. I think they draft a big man WR and resign Fuller while keeping Coutee in the mix. Atkins is nice at TE and they are one big man away from a nice WR corp. 

They had too many of the same type of player and not any that can go up and get that ball on the sideline like Nuk. 

Can’t say I really agree, Watson was lighting it up with practice squad guys like Hanson and Coutee with Fuller out. In past seasons, there were clear differences in the offenses effectiveness when Fuller was out, that was not the case as much the last few games and I think that is a reflection of Watson’s maturation.

In the end there is no way to know what Houston will do with Fuller with no GM or coach in place. On the face of it, their salary cap situation makes Fuller unlikely to be resigned, but a new regime can dump a lot of salary (Watt, Cooks, DJ, and others) to resign Fuller if they really want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Quote

The Houston Chronicle reports impending free agent Will Fuller will not be franchise tagged by the Texans. 

The Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports the soon-to-be 27-year-old is considered likely to walk in free agency, but that the Texans would like to re-sign him. The tag would cost $16.54 million, a princely sum for an always-injured wideout who still has a week left on his six-game steroid suspension. For his part, with Deshaun Watson forcing his way out of Houston and the organization in free-fall, there isn't much reason for Fuller to want to stay. Even with his injury history and PED problems, Fuller and his game-breaking ability would normally command heavy interest on the open market. With the salary cap falling, however, it could be the wrong year for someone like Fuller to become a free agent. 

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle 

Feb 25, 2021, 3:43 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Quote

Dolphins signed WR Will Fuller, formerly of the Texans, to a one-year contract. 

Taking advantage of a cratered receiver market, the Dolphins address a glaring need without having to commit multiple years to a 27-year-old (next month) with a concerning injury and suspension history. The Dolphins badly needed an explosive element in their receiver corps, and Fuller will play perfectly opposite contested-catch hoss DeVante Parker. It is easy to envision Fuller and Tua Tagovailoa connecting on deep play-action bombs. For Fuller, it's a chance to reset his value after last November's steroid ban wrecked what probably would have been a promising market coming off a career year. The last time Fuller appeared in more than 11 games was his rookie year of 2016. For fantasy, he remains a boom/bust WR3 who will provide WR1 weeks. Fuller will make his Dolphins debut in Week 2 after finishing up his suspension in Week 1. 

- Mike Garafolo, then Ian Rapoport; Twitter

Factoring in the suspension, 1 year, $10 million with $3 million in incentives. This WR market is TRAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHH.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gotta say, as a guy who traded for him last year because he was in a contract year, its music to my ears to read that. 

Yes, Will - please do prove it. Again. :pickle:

I expect the Dolphin defense to take a step back this year, especially in the turnover department. Tua will have to do more, which should help Fuller. But Miami should draft another impact WR, Chase or Smith, or perhaps a speedster like Rondale or Elijah Moore. It's really hard to predict what Fuller will do in 2020.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I expect the Dolphin defense to take a step back this year, especially in the turnover department. Tua will have to do more, which should help Fuller. But Miami should draft another impact WR, Chase or Smith, or perhaps a speedster like Rondale or Elijah Moore. It's really hard to predict what Fuller will do in 2020.

I don’t anticipate them signing any other impact WRs when they have Preston Williams 🦄 and Davante Parker, as well as Grant & Bowden on the roster. 

I’m hopeful Tua comes up to game speed. He looked far better in college, so I’m not ready to kick dirt on his grave as a passer just yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t anticipate them signing any other impact WRs when they have Preston Williams 🦄 and Davante Parker, as well as Grant & Bowden on the roster. 

I’m hopeful Tua comes up to game speed. He looked far better in college, so I’m not ready to kick dirt on his grave as a passer just yet. 

I'm sorry but from where I sit, that's a whole lot of not much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t anticipate them signing any other impact WRs when they have Preston Williams 🦄 and Davante Parker, as well as Grant & Bowden on the roster. 

I’m hopeful Tua comes up to game speed. He looked far better in college, so I’m not ready to kick dirt on his grave as a passer just yet. 

Most pundits have Miami drafting a WR with their first pick. That would allow them to cut Parker in 2021. I think one of the Moore WRs drafted in the 2nd round would have a bigger impact on Fuller, as they are also speed guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm sorry but from where I sit, that's a whole lot of not much.

Which is why I expect Fuller to be the top target. 

I’m actually higher on Parker & PWill than some. Injuries played a big part of their 2020 results. If they’re all healthy that’s a nice trio of targets for Tua + Gesecki. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Most pundits have Miami drafting a WR with their first pick. That would allow them to cut Parker in 2021. I think one of the Moore WRs drafted in the 2nd round would have a bigger impact on Fuller, as they are also speed guys.

I’ve seen a couple mocks where they take a WR, but it wouldn’t make sense getting a speed guy since they just went out & got a speed guy.

Unless they view Fuller as purely a rental to bridge the 2021 season, which is possible.

Regardless I would have liked to see Fuller go to GB, as some had predicted, so the fact that he could go somewhere else in 2022 is actually appealing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two torn ACLs on a player who's biggest attribute is speed. Him signing a big contract and then fizzling out in Miami seems about right. His heart may even be in it, but if the QB play stinks he may give up all together.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gotta say, as a guy who traded for him last year because he was in a contract year, its music to my ears to read that. 

Yes, Will - please do prove it. Again. :pickle:

The problem with Fuller is staying healthy WITHOUT PED's. Games played by year are 14, 10, 7,11, and 11. That is an average of about 10 games a season. The first four years are due to injuries, the last year due to a PED suspension, which he was obviously taking as a means to stay healthy. So will he be able to stay healthy without PED's? As of yet, there is no evidence he can unless you believe the PED's may have helped his body long term with his hamstring issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhockster said:

The problem with Fuller is staying healthy WITHOUT PED's. Games played by year are 14, 10, 7,11, and 11. That is an average of about 10 games a season. The first four years are due to injuries, the last year due to a PED suspension, which he was obviously taking as a means to stay healthy. So will he be able to stay healthy without PED's? As of yet, there is no evidence he can unless you believe the PED's may have helped his body long term with his hamstring issue.

I thought the contract year had more to do with his staying healthy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I thought the contract year had more to do with his staying healthy. 

Well we don't know for sure, but seems to me a cause and affect situation when the one year he is staying healthy (played in all 11 Texans games until his suspension) he is suspended for taking PED's. Steroids, a well known PED, is known to promote healing and staying healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Well we don't know for sure, but seems to me a cause and affect situation when the one year he is staying healthy (played in all 11 Texans games until his suspension) he is suspended for taking PED's. Steroids, a well known PED, is known to promote healing and staying healthy.

And historically, football players in contract years tend to play through nicks and bruises that might cause them to miss a game when sleeping on fat stacks of cash. 

Just sayin - we all just out here speculating, but both could be equally true, IMO. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

New Dolphins WR Will Fuller has assured the team his PED suspension was a "one-time thing."

"It was a one-time thing, completely accidental, that's never going to happen again," was Fuller's exact quote. Fuller finally stayed healthy last season, but the after-the-fact suspicion was that it was because of the illegal substance that got him banned. Players never admit they were knowingly doing steroids and simply got caught, but it does not strain belief that someone could accidentally take something that includes a banned substance. In an ultimate "prove-it" situation on his one-year deal, Fuller is facing target competition from DeVante Parker and what will likely be a first-round wideout. His ADP figures to be all over the map in the early going this offseason.   

SOURCE: ESPN

Mar 25, 2021, 7:17 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This cat has never made it close to 1,000 yds receiving 635-423-503-640 were his yd totals the 1st 4 seasons, he managed to clear 850+ last year. For the first time in 5 seasons he passed 50 receptions last year. 

He's been above 4 Tds in a season just twice. 

All Hype All Sizzle Team

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, SoBeDad said:

Most pundits have Miami drafting a WR with their first pick. That would allow them to cut Parker in 2021. I think one of the Moore WRs drafted in the 2nd round would have a bigger impact on Fuller, as they are also speed guys.

I would like these pundits to all be loaded into a shipping container and sent out to sea.

-Miami is not sitting at 3 and taking Smith or Waddle or anybody UNLESS they are fooling everyone and they plan on going QB at 3 but i don't think they will turn on Tua yet...they probably should but that's not the topic here. Miami trades down and has ample partners that want to move up.

Parker cost less than $3M in dead cap after June 1st vs $11M but I think they keep Parker, he was a good company man when they needed guys to "step up" and adopt the coaches ways and I think Parker has done just that. He still looked great when he got competent balls thrown his way. They could at least trade him to Washington so he can follow Fitz who made him look great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

This cat has never made it close to 1,000 yds receiving 635-423-503-640 were his yd totals the 1st 4 seasons, he managed to clear 850+ last year. For the first time in 5 seasons he passed 50 receptions last year. 

He's been above 4 Tds in a season just twice. 

All Hype All Sizzle Team

Too be fair, his 850 last year was in just 11 games before his suspension. He would have had probably 80-1,200-12 if he had played the full season. So the production is there, IF HE CAN STAY ON THE FIELD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...