What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (3 Viewers)

Will Fuller caught 4-of-8 targets for 73 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason game.
Fuller separated in the end zone to catch a dime from Brock Osweiler on his 19-yard score. The No. 21 overall pick now has five preseason grabs for 78 yards, and has blown by offseason puff-piecer Jaelen Strong on the depth chart. Fuller's hands will almost certainly be an issue as a rookie, but his jets have been as advertised, while he's played poised in exhibition action. He's a WR5 who could blow up for a few big games.

I really blew it on this kid. Passed him in every single rookie draft (for example took Carroo at 2.2 over him) Anyone else as dumb as me? Probably not lol

Looks good against the Cards right now.
Clanked one off his hands too that would have been a big play.  Brock went right back to him for the TD.  Savvy little push off to gain separation, hands grab, two feet down.  Really nice play.

Fuller made a really nice grab and I was impressed with the throw as well. Fuller is being harased a bit by the corner, but he had him beat deep and the QB put it right on him.

A bit later on in the game they tried a similar play on the left side and Fuller inexplicably drops it. Seen that before.

The Texans were playing pretty wide open with 3 and 4 WR sets often in the first half. They have enough good WR to do this now.

Brock Osweiler had some nice throws in the first half. He looked better than I saw of him with Denver. Against one of the better defenses too. 

Will Fuller caught 3-of-4 targets for 67 yards and a touchdown in Houston's third preseason game.
Assuming he sits out Thursday's preseason finale, Fuller finishes the summer with eight catches for 144 yards (18.0 YPC) and two touchdowns. His fourth target today was a bad drop on what would have been a long gainer, but it was an otherwise mighty impressive performance from the No. 21 overall pick. Fuller was running right by Cardinals DBs (Patrick Peterson was held out), though he did get away with a bit of a push-off on his touchdown. Fuller's hands are a concern, but his role (starting) and skills (now evident on NFL film) are not. He's a WR5 who could give you some big weeks during byes.

Aug 28 - 6:12 PM

He starts as a low WR3 but will rise to a great WR3 by the season's end, injuries aside. I'm debating starting him week 1 over Marvin Jones. Probably won't, but it's a thought.

Confession: I'm bullish on Fuller not just because of preseason and watching him at ND, but perhaps because I traded up in the first round of my rookie draft to take him. That said, I'm halting the madness and keeping him on my bench week 1. Marvin Jones is playing the Colts, and assuming Vontae Davis covers Golden Tate that should mean Jones will have a big day because the Colts don't have anyone else who can cover him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took him at 18.08 yesterday, WR74 (my WR6) - 212th player off the board. I was drafting on an iPhone while traveling down I-87 & engaged in a discussion, only half paying attention. Almost did a spit take when it was time for my last pick.

Took him at 18.08 yesterday, WR74 (my WR6) - 212th player off the board. I was drafting on an iPhone while traveling down I-87 & engaged in a discussion, only half paying attention. Almost did a spit take when it was time for my last pick.
He got sniped right before I wanted to take him. That said, I would temper expectations for this year and beyond. He's a solid deep threat but the Saints D is awful and I'd be interested to see if he was being covered by starters or guys soon to be cut. For example, I like Derrick Henry but he got a lot of yards against a backup SD DL and an awful Carolina backup DL effort. When he went against our good DL, he got bottled up quick for 5 yards on 2 carries. I watched the entire game so I was able to temper the results.  Preseason can be very tricky to extrapolate especially for rookies because the box score is sort of meaningless sometimes when the guys on D aren't even on the 53s. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He got sniped right before I wanted to take him. That said, I would temper expectations for this year and beyond. He's a solid deep threat but the Saints D is awful and I'd be interested to see if he was being covered by starters or guys soon to be cut. For example, I like Derrick Henry but he got a lot of yards against a backup SD DL and an awful Carolina backup DL effort. When he went against our good DL, he got bottled up quick for 5 yards on 2 carries. I watched the entire game so I was able to temper the results.  Preseason can be very tricky to extrapolate especially for rookies because the box score is sort of meaningless sometimes when the guys on D aren't even on the 53s. 
He was running with the ones versus 'zona and caught his passes against Bethel, who will be the starting CB opposite Peterson. Saints game was the week before.

Seems like Houston has been running tons of 3 and 4 WR sets this preseason. Strong had a great offseason and TC, Braxton Miller has come on strong. 

Am i right in thinking he's somewhat like a younger ted ginn or desean jackson?
osubuckeyeman addressed the Ginn comp on the previous page. 

Fuller, as a prospect, is significantly more accomplished than either Jackson or Ginn based on production. I guess you could say they have similar athletic body profiles

I think there are a lot of people that want to compare Fuller to Ginn Jr. and from what I have seen from both players coming out of college Fuller is much better than Ginn Jr. was.

I love Ginn Jr, as a Buckeye fan and he will always have a place in my heart for his contributions to Ohio State, BUT he was not a Will Fuller coming out. Fuller is a much better route runner and Fuller's numbers production wise for Notre Dame crushes anything Ginn Jr. did at OSU. 

I do think Fuller reminds me of Ginn Jr. on how he catches the ball on some throws, but again Fuller is further along in the hands department then Ginn Jr. was leaving OSU.

I do not like the body catches Will has and I don't think that is ever going to change with him. I still like him from 1.10 on in rookie drafts and this seems to be where he is falling as of late.

Some people (including NFL teams though they use their own) prefer the handheld times. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that the "official" combine times are a lot of the time a total cluster####.
Ah, I remember Bethel, he's just OK, but he is the starter now. Powers was the starter in 2015 (got hurt for a few games that Bethel started), but he signed with the Ravens. Bethel got burned by the Panthers in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure he was the one that blew the coverage on Corey Brown's long TD.

Texans QB Brock Osweiler said first-round WR Will Fuller is a "very special football player."
"Obviously, everybody knows about his speed -- they saw him all last season, they saw him at the combine -- but it’s his work ethic," Osweiler said. "That’s what really makes him special." Osweiler has looked the rookie's way early and often this preseason, and Fuller has rewarded his quarterback with eight catches for 144 yards and two touchdowns. Locked into the starting lineup, Fuller is a very interesting late-round grab.

Sometimes a first round pick is simply a first round pick.  People believed the pundits more than that actual coaches who do this for a living (with no net).  He was actually cut in a shallower dynasty league I am in.  I jumped on him immediately.  Just because of where he was picked.  

The Houston Chronicle confirms Will Fuller "is still slated to play and start" despite popping up with a hamstring injury on Wednesday.
Fuller was "limited" in Wednesday's practice, but his availability against the Bears doesn't appear to be in doubt. Facing a Chicago defense that's been hit hard by injuries in the secondary and lost top pass rusher Pernell McPhee (knee) to reserve/PUP, Fuller will be a volatile WR3 option in Week 1.

Source: Houston Chronicle 
Sep 7 - 5:35 PM

Will Fuller (hamstring) confirmed Friday that he plans to play in Week 1.

"I feel good. I feel ready to go," said Fuller, who returned to a full practice on Friday. Coach Bill O'Brien said Thursday that Fuller will be "fine." He'll be in the starting lineup versus Chicago.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

First NFL game, 5 catches, 107 yards,  1 TD and this thread is on page 8. 

Show me another rookie WR that beat those stats.

First NFL game, 5 catches, 107 yards,  1 TD and this thread is on page 8. 

Show me another rookie WR that beat those stats.
Led the team in targets (11) with a less-than-100% hamstring. He also dropped a would-be 84 yard td. Dude gets open at will.

Maybe time to lose the "boom or bust" tag..

I hear you but it's between  Fuller/Lockett/jennings for last flex spot.  Hate to do it next week but may have to 

He starts as a low WR3 but will rise to a great WR3 by the season's end, injuries aside. I'm debating starting him week 1 over Marvin Jones. Probably won't, but it's a thought.

Confession: I'm bullish on Fuller not just because of preseason and watching him at ND, but perhaps because I traded up in the first round of my rookie draft to take him. That said, I'm halting the madness and keeping him on my bench week 1. Marvin Jones is playing the Colts, and assuming Vontae Davis covers Golden Tate that should mean Jones will have a big day because the Colts don't have anyone else who can cover him.
Oooof. Started Jones, sat Fuller.

This kid seems to have the "it" factor - speed to stretch the field and has Osweiller's eye.  I could be wrong, but I won't regret dropping Landry for him.  Let's hope the hammy is good to go.  

This kid seems to have the "it" factor - speed to stretch the field and has Osweiller's eye.  I could be wrong, but I won't regret dropping Landry for him.  Let's hope the hammy is good to go.  
Not to mention Osweiller looks to be dead nuts throwing the ball. With Fuller's speed and route running and that kind of accuracy, I don't think it matters what corners you're going against. Starting Fuller with confidence at home against KC.

I just picked him up in uncontested faab for $3 in a 12 team ppr redraft league q,r,r,w,w,t,f,dst,k after his solid week 1. Dropped Devontae Booker for him. See Fuller as possible depth for wr or flex at essentially free cost. We get $100 of faab budget for season.

Well, he's been a good 1 week replacement for Keenan Allen in 2 of 3 leagues where I had both of them. I'm looking forward to a nice season. Of course, the one league I could have used him as a future keeper is the one I got sniped.

We like Fuller to get loose again tonight?  I have him in over Maclin.  If nothing else it gives me a reason to watch the game.  :banned:

Pats try to shut down one option - and you'd think that would be Hopkins.  Hope so, as I am rolling with Miller and Fuller.  Fuller's going to get big chances just being on the opposite side of the field as Hopkins.

Users who are viewing this thread