What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (3 Viewers)

:kicksrock:

7 TDs on 13 catches was never sustainable, but dang that sucks about Watson. What might have been.

He’ll still be fast next year.

What a drag for Hopkins owners & Texans fans.

Watson's injury greatly impacts Fuller IMO. We shall see, but that's my prediction. I don't think the other QBs have the cujones or the arm to throw it deep to Fuller as often

Watson's injury greatly impacts Fuller IMO. We shall see, but that's my prediction. I don't think the other QBs have the cujones or the arm to throw it deep to Fuller as often
I agree it heavily impacts him and all Texans for that matter but more him but not because I think Savage or a Texans QB lacks the arm or sac to throw it deep.  What made the Watson to Fuller pairing work so great in my opinion was that Watson's elusiveness in the pocket provided Fuller the time he needed to get open.

I agree it heavily impacts him and all Texans for that matter but more him but not because I think Savage or a Texans QB lacks the arm or sac to throw it deep.  What made the Watson to Fuller pairing work so great in my opinion was that Watson's elusiveness in the pocket provided Fuller the time he needed to get open.
that too, fair point

I still believe!

Kinda.
He's not dead. Just think back to first few weeks last season when in PPR leagues he gave you 21.7, 14.4, 6.1, 21.1 and then the wheels starting falling off with increased drops and hamstring issues I think(I did not own him last year so going off memory)

He can be that guy, he can be better than that guy in year two.

But for sure he is hurt and is now more or less what one would have thought he was entering the season, more on the boom/bust side of things.  More of a WR3 type.

I own him a ton, one of my big 3 owned redraft players. Don't own him in dynasty and never drafted him, just own him so much because he was cheap waiver wire add early in season.  Thing is I've had the hardest time trusting him, of thinking of him more than as a boom/bust WR3. I benched him in every league I could last week, only started him in places when I just had horrendous options.

Last week was not only a tough matchup on paper but he had never scored a TD on the road. After last week my confidence in him soared. Now I'm back to viewing him as an untrusty WR3 boom/bust type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, unless I go with Marlon Mack. Worst part for me is that this is the first time I may start him this year. Had him stashed on my bench for 5 weeks until now so I missed out on all that good stuff he’s done  :bag:
Same, finally decided this week was an unmissable opportunity and then this happens. Back to Baldwin and his 6 points   :kicksrock:

Probably reasonable to look at how Hilton has been impacted or Jordy or some other receivers to understand what this means to Fuller and Hopkins.   The effect, as Benjamin Button said, was not good. 

What is Fuller's dynasty PPR value right now? I just acquired him in a deal that got me Fournette. I'd love to move Fuller + another player for an upgrade if possible.

Looks like Fuller may be back this week. If he is, I think I will be starting him over DJax. 

Looks like Fuller may be back this week. If he is, I think I will be starting him over DJax. 
I like it. Just make sure he's not trotting out there still hurt, and due to other injuries.  Like montgomery, one good shot and the game is over for them.

I like it. Just make sure he's not trotting out there still hurt, and due to other injuries.  Like montgomery, one good shot and the game is over for them.
It's a high risk reward situation anyway. Fuller never really connected with Savage. And with Watson it was all long TDs ( which were nice).  Hard to predict that.

Insein said:
It's a high risk reward situation anyway. Fuller never really connected with Savage. And with Watson it was all long TDs ( which were nice).  Hard to predict that.
Bolded isn't really that correct, I don't remember how many TDs they had together (was it 7?) and I believe maybe 2 of those were long (50+), maybe another 2 were medium (30-49) and the rest under 30...for some reason everyone thinks he's just a deep threat but he is much more then that

Seems to be a lot of dislike of Fuller that I admittedly bought into in prior years, but I think I've come around the last few months.  Fuller looked like a star right out of the gate with Brock Osweiller as his QB.  Think about that.

I think it's easy to say Fuller is just fast and has bad hands.  He is most certainly fast, and his hands are rather small for the position, which leads to drops.  I do think he creates separation though, and he certainly doesn't get all the focus of the defense when Hopkins is running on the opposite side.

I'd still buy Fuller in dynasty and keepers if I didn't already own him.  I think we saw a flash of what Fuller can be when Watson was starting, but Watson's injury brought everything crashing back to earth, and now the narrative is how his TD-rate is completely unsustainable (which, obviously).

Fuller is unbelievably fast (99th percentile speed; 83rd percentile speed score), but he also dominated college while playing for a major program (91st percentile dominator rating; 95th percentile YPR).  He's not going to score 7 TDs on 13 catches, but I don't see why he can't be a valuable piece down the road.  Maybe not a WR1, but solid WR2 with opportunity to blow up and win you a week at any point.

Definitely going with him now (assuming no bad news before Sunday). I need to aim high after Kamara's early exit, and I have at least seen Fuller blow up (albeit not with Savage). Haven't seen that from Jackson this year.

he also dominated college while playing for a major program (91st percentile dominator rating; 95th percentile YPR).  

even more impressive, he made Deshone Kizer look like #1 overall pick material!

Will Fuller has bulked up to 185 pounds.

The Texans are hoping the added weight will improve his durability. Fuller has missed eight games the last two seasons to injuries. There's blowup third-year potential for Fuller if he stays healthy.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter 

Jul 28 - 6:04 PM

Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports Will Fuller (hamstring) could be a game-time decision for Week 1 against the Patriots.

He's been limited at practice this week coming off a strained hamstring. Soft-tissue injuries have a tendency to linger and durability has been an issue for Fuller throughout his career. When asked about Fuller's Week 1 status, coach Bill O'Brien simply said, "We'll see." Fuller could have blow-up potential in a game that most are expecting to be a shootout, though his boom-or-bust nature makes him a risky fantasy bet, particularly at less than 100 percent.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Sep 7 - 3:55 PM

Will Fuller (hamstring) is unlikely to play in Week 1 against the Patriots.

He'll test his hamstring during pregame before making a final decision. Even if he's able to play, Fuller is a dicey FLEX option given the lingering tendencies of soft-tissue injuries. While his absence knocks Deshaun Watson's outlook down a hair, TE Ryan Griffin suddenly emerges as a sneaky Week 1 streamer. DeAndre Hopkins will undoubtedly lead the Texans in target share while the lot of Bruce Ellington, rookie WR Keke Coutee (hamstring, questionable), WR Sammie Coates (hamstring, questionable), and rookie Vyncint Smith fill-in for Fuller.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 9 - 1:57 AM

Look who's back!  How long does he stay healthy?  If he plays, he is in my lineup, from here on out (unless Watson gets hurt).

Play Watson or Fuller whenever both are on the field. Bench Watson or Fuller whenever one is not on the field. Seems simple enough!

He's much better than last year. He isn't just fast (most of the time) but instead a complete WR. 

He regularly took the short route rather than try and go deep, crossed right in front of the safety or linebacker. He did go deep but he took his shots. He's got some savviness now. Really big improvement, exactly how he needed to from year one to two.

Bri said:
He's much better than last year. He isn't just fast (most of the time) but instead a complete WR. 

He regularly took the short route rather than try and go deep, crossed right in front of the safety or linebacker. He did go deep but he took his shots. He's got some savviness now. Really big improvement, exactly how he needed to from year one to two.
I agree, Bri.    Fuller isn't as one-dimensional as he was last year.   

When he's healthy and Watson's under center, Fuller is money.   

Love this dude, drafted him in several leagues. Started him this past week where I could safely do so. He’s in my lineup every week when healthy. 

Bri said:

I’ve said this a couple times now so glad others are seeing it. 

Him and Hopkins are a very good pair to as they work off each other very nicely. Gotta hope he can stay healthy and then it could be a very nice year for a guy you could get pretty late.

What do people perceive his value to be? I don't watch as many Texans games as I'd like to, so I kind of viewed him as a boom/bust prospect this year, a fast guy who can get separation, but not much of a route runner, and not a guy to consistently start in PPR. Seems like there's more to him than that, though. Would you say he's just below guys like Emmanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper, and Allen Robinson, and slightly above Quincy E., Nelson Agholor, and (possibly) Golden Tate?

The key question about this guy today is whether he can stay on the field.  If he stays healthy the rest of the year, he will be a high WR2 with upside.  Also assuming Watson stays healthy.

Will Fuller exited Week 4 against the Colts with a hamstring injury.

Fuller has been battling a hamstring issue all season and was limited in practice this week. Soft-tissue injuries have been Fuller's downfall in the NFL. Before leaving, Fuller reeled in 4-of-5 targets for 49 yards and a score.

Sep 30 - 3:07 PM

Texans coach Bill O'Brien thinks Will Fuller (hamstring) could have played in the second half if he let him.

"But he wasn't going to be able to run all of the routes we needed him to run," O'Brien added. "Fuller wanted to be in there, but I made that decision." The speedy receiver has been dealing with hamstring issues since training camp, so holding him out was probably the right call. This update is good news for Fuller's Week 5 availability, but he still should be considered questionable for that game.

Source: ESPN 

Sep 30 - 11:01 PM

Users who are viewing this thread