What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (2 Viewers)

Is anyone keeping him on their rosters after this week? Seems like he's droppable in all formats now.
Last two weeks have been ugly but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's droppable in all formats. Benchable while he's got the gimpy hammy? Sure. But I wouldn't say he's droppable.

Will Fuller has significant production splits with and without Keke Coutee on the field.

It's notable for Week 8 because Coutee is not expected to play after aggravating his hamstring in last week's win. Whereas Fuller has finished below 70 yards in each of Coutee’s four appearances, Fuller’s stat lines with Coutee on the shelf are 8/113/1 and 5/101/1. Fuller also led the Texans in Week 7 receiving yards as Coutee didn't play the full game. You can read more stats and analysis like this in Evan Silva's Dolphins-Texans writeup at the link below.

Source: Silva's Dolphins-Texans Matchup 

Oct 24 - 2:12 AM

Great game again, didn’t get to watch it so don’t like to see on Twitter after that he left with a knee injury. Guy could be so good if he stays healthy. Him and Hopkins could be like roddy white and Julio from awhile ago

Great game again, didn’t get to watch it so don’t like to see on Twitter after that he left with a knee injury. Guy could be so good if he stays healthy. Him and Hopkins could be like roddy white and Julio from awhile ago
i'm seeing whispers of a torn ACL. My WRs blow, if Fuller is out it will be  :toilet:

Just watched it again multiple times, he immediately grabbed his right knee while rolling after landing awkwardly.  Defender made contact and you could see the knee buckling inward both when he tried to jump and again when the foot landed.  Looks like an MCL as the knee didn’t twist significantly, but we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans fear Will Fuller suffered a torn right ACL in Thursday's win over the Dolphins.

Friday testing will confirm, but it certainly appears Fuller's age-24 campaign is over. It's a crushing blow to a Texans offense that has flirted with dominate at times this season. When healthy, Fuller has lid-lifting speed that few can match, clearing space for DeAndre Hopkins. If Fuller is indeed done, rookie Keke Coutee will have to carry an enormous load opposite Hopkins. Fuller is a special talent, but it is possible he heads into 2019 having appeared in just 31-of-48 possible career games.

Parker's no Fuller, but he would be interesting opposite Hopkins.
Woke up thinking the same thing. Texans down a stud WR and most likely will be shopping around? Nothing like watching Parker perform right before their eyes. Coutee also needs to be healthy.

I traded Trubisky straight up for Watson just an hour before kickoff and got Watson into the line up. Bummed about Fuller's knee. Perhaps a MCL and not the dreaded season-ending ACL, which many fear.

At least we got this game out of Fuller before the injury 

Blows, but now HOU and Wrigley will be looking for another WR

I feel terrible for the young man.   He simply can't stay healthy. 

I had him last year when he was on a tear (pardon the pun), with 7 TDs in 4 games.   He's the perfect complement to Nuk.   Wish him a speedy recovery.   

jtd13 said:
Geez this guy can't catch any breaks.
yeah bummed for my fantasy team, but even more bummed for Fuller. it was a flukey kind of injury from the DB pushing him when he was running full speed.

Coach Bill O'Brien confirmed Will Fuller suffered a torn ACL in the Week 8 win over the Dolphins and is done for the season.

Just brutal. Fuller exploded for a 5-124-1 night against the Dolphins before tearing the ACL on a deep shot late in the blowout win. The Texans are now headed into a mini-bye and need to figure out their receiving corps. Keke Coutee (hamstring) wasn't close to playing Thursday night. Bruce Ellington (hamstring) remains on I.R. and can't return until Week 12 at the earliest. Vyncint Smith was next man up against Miami, playing eight late snaps. He's the in-house favorite for the No. 2 role at the moment, but Houston will almost certainly add some help.
ugh.

I drafted him on my team as a rookie and have followed his career closely ever since. He has a lot of talent, and has actually improved a lot in holding onto the ball - that first year he would drop as many as he caught.

This is devastating, I wish him all the best and a full recovery.

Will Fuller (knee) will undergo surgery this week.

Fuller will be sidelined 6-9 months. His timetable has him returning at some point in training camp if he avoids setbacks. Fuller has been one of the most injury prone wideouts in the league the last three seasons, playing in 31-of-48 career games. The Texans will need to make a decision on his fifth-year option this offseason.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 28 - 8:45 AM

Thoughts for next season?  I feel like ACL injuries just aren't what they used to be thanks to advances in surgery/recovery/etc.  

But he's always hurt.  I feel like when he's out there, he's a legit WR2.  Being opposite Hopkins, having a great QB, great talent.  It's all there.  But I have a hard time spending even a middle round pick for a guy that hasn't broken 700 yards in his first 3 years.  

Aside from the ACL, wasn't it always tissue injuries? You can't not draft that. Generally, it's a player that doesn't eat right, stretch right, or somesuch and they all hit and age where it clicks and they do it. The ACL is probably the trigger to make Fuller do everything he should to his bod. I understand your stance, but just map out the risk and plan what round you're good with. The career stats should have his value pretty low, especially with Coutee and Hopkins around so he is probably a fine late pick risk.

This is not Odell. You're not wondering if you should draft Fuller or Green or Jones or Thomas. 

Texans exercised WR Will Fuller's fifth-year team option for 2020.

He'll command a $10.162 million salary in 2020, the final year of his rookie deal. Fuller has shown flashes since entering the league as a first-round pick in 2016, but injury woes—he's appeared in just 17-of-32 regular season games over the last two years—have kept the Notre Dame alum from reaching his full potential. The 25-year-old is still on the mend coming off last year's ACL tear but expects to be ready for Week 1.

SOURCE: John McClain on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 2:54 PM

The Houston Chronicle expects Will Fuller (knee) to be ready for Week 1.

Fuller didn't get in any reps at OTAs. He could miss or be limited in the early stages of training camp, but he's progressing on schedule. Fuller played just seven games before going down last year and has yet to stay healthy for a full season. He'll be 11 months removed from ACL surgery for Week 1.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Jul 20, 2019, 10:17 AM ET

Will Fuller (ACL) participated in the Texans' first training camp practice Thursday.

Fuller's training camp availability had been up in the air following last year's ACL tear but apparently the fourth-year deep threat is good to go. Assuming his elite speed isn't compromised by said ACL tear, Fuller should make for an enticing WR2/3 in fantasy. Remarkably, he's totaled 14 touchdowns in 11 games with Deshaun Watson under center.

Jul 25, 2019, 10:48 AM ET

One of either Fuller or Coutee is primed for a big year, really starting to worry about Nuk's health as he's starting to accumulate a lot of injuries that he plays through. And I'm a Nuk drafter the last 2-3 years, helped lead my team to a title last season.

Yeah I too am afraid that Nuk is taking the Roddy White approach. 

Had a high ankle sprain week 1 and played through it anyway?  Great, now your career is over at 30 and you weren't even a good player while playing through the injury anyways. Good thinking White/Atlanta. 

Nuk does the same stuff, and it seems like a significant risk that as he ages playing through stuff shortens his career just like White. 

The Houston Chronicle believes Will Fuller has made a "full recovery" from his ACL tear.

Beat writer Aaron Wilson believes that Fuller has already demonstrated in the early days of camp that he "remains one of the most dangerous deep threats in the game." Wilson expects Fuller to play in the Texans' preseason opener. The owner of truly rare speed, Fuller has also displayed a special connection with Deshaun Watson. The problem, of course, is how often injury has kept them apart. Fuller is a WR3 who could finish as a WR2 by total points if he can finally figure out a way to stay on the field.

Jul 27, 2019, 11:10 PM ET

Will Fuller caught both of his targets for 69 yards in the Texans' Week 1 loss to the Saints.

Seeing just two targets on 30 Deshaun Watson throws was pretty disappointing, but Fuller made them count. His first grab was a sensational 54-yarder over the top of CB Eli Apple; it was arguably the best catch of Week 1. Fuller seemed no worse for the wear and should have far more voluminous weeks ahead. He'll be a WR3 with upside next week against the Jaguars.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:10 PM ET

If Watson doesn’t undertow the 54 yarder, he might have taken it to the house.

he looks good p, and will be solid if he and Watson can stay healthy 

Will Fuller caught 4-of-7 targets for 40 yards in the Week 2 win over the Jaguars.

The seven targets were an increase on Fuller's two from Week 1, but the Texans offense was pitiful against Jacksonville. The 40 yards tied with DeAndre Hopkins for the team lead. Fuller will try to get going next week in another tough-ish test against the Chargers in L.A. He'll be a boom-bust WR3 in that spot.

thought he would have a bigger game w/ no Bouye.

also, how does Hyde get 20 carries against the Jags rush D, lol

Keeping my eye on Fuller, but he just isn't providing enough value right now to stick on my bench in my 10 team league. Still plenty rosterable in larger leagues, but as someone who hasn't seen more than bits and pieces of the Texans this season, how is he looking? How bad looking are those drops?

Keeping my eye on Fuller, but he just isn't providing enough value right now to stick on my bench in my 10 team league. Still plenty rosterable in larger leagues, but as someone who hasn't seen more than bits and pieces of the Texans this season, how is he looking? How bad looking are those drops?
Watched both games. No drops, not enough targets. Deep, deep routes.

Watched both games. No drops, not enough targets. Deep, deep routes.
I’m looking to pair him with one of my other WRs for a better player tbh. The targets won’t be there. Expecting a big game, but my league is more interested in getting the player before the big play

Users who are viewing this thread