What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (3 Viewers)

No. 

He is a born leader. He can read defenses. He can run. 

He cant overcome bad WRs and coaching. He does need to work on accuracy. 

He will never be Aaron Rodgers but he can be Bart Starr. 

Id rather change coaches before changing the QB.
Well.. I'd place him right above Mariota.  So he has that going for him.

Dallas needs to change coaches, and draft a QB.  One that can throw with anticipation - Dak can't hit a receiver until he sees them open.

Dak Prescott completed 21-of-31 passes for 243 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Cowboys' Week 9 loss to the Titans.

He rushed just twice for 11 yards. The 243 yards passing were actually Prescott's third-most of the season, and it was just his fourth game with multiple touchdown passes. The rushing numbers were disappointing, however, after Prescott had averaged over seven rushing attempts per game over the last three weeks. He also lost a fumble on Monday night. The Cowboys came out hot, as Prescott hit Amari Cooper for a four-yard score in the first quarter. But Prescott then tried to force one to Cooper in the end zone later in the quarter and threw a horrible interception. His other score was a 23-yarder to Allen Hurns, who roasted Malcolm Butler. Prescott will be a middling QB2 next week when the Cowboys go on the road to Philly.

Nov 5 - 11:37 PM

fred_1_15301 said:
So just out of curiosity, how does his first 16 starts compare against their first 16 starts?

Shawnky said:
So you're just discrediting the games before?  This is a really dumb post.  

fred_1_15301 said:
Yup to bring Kolb into the conversation is pretty bad.  I don't think Dak is very good but he's not Kolb level bad.
Odd takes by both of you, IMO.

I'm sure we can all agree that a players last 16 starts are more indicative of who they are than stats from 2-3 years ago.  Unless I'm reading it wrong you seem to be suggesting that he should get extra credit now for something he's done in 2016....

The point of the stats I mentioned are to show you just how bad of company he is in.  You think the Kolb stat was bad? Using the same last 16 starts Dak is worse than the following if you use rating, YPA, TD's and INT's:

Mike Glennon, Blake Bortles, Eli Manning, Brian Hoyer, Joe Flacco, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Colin Kaepernick, Jameis Winston, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill.  So yeah, he's been THAT bad lately.

drummer said:
Yikes! That’s..............not good. 
Those are his good stats... I believe he has a 2 turnover/game streak going that is more impressive.

Mentioned on one of the ESPN afternoon shows; PTI, Lebatard, other.

Dak Prescott completed 26-of-36 passes for 270 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 10 win over the Eagles.

He added nine yards on six carries, including a one-yard touchdown on a sneak before halftime. Prescott did enough to keep the Cowboys' playoff hopes alive in a must-win game. His only passing touchdown went to Ezekiel Elliott on a short red-zone throw, but Prescott continued to show good rapport with Amari Cooper, who had a team high 10 targets. Prescott has been trending up since the Cooper trade. He's on the streaming radar against the Falcons' bottom of the league secondary in Week 11.

Nov 11 - 11:36 PM

Dak Prescott completed 24-of-28 passes for 248 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' 13-10, Week 13 win over the Saints.

Prescott added five rushes for 22 yards. He also fumbled twice, losing one. It was a horrible red zone mistake late in the fourth quarter, but Drew Brees ended up "answering" just moments later with an even worse interception. One of Prescott's four incompletions was a should-have-been 55-yard touchdown to Michael Gallup, who was wide open after putting a double move on Eli Apple. Prescott just missed him. Otherwise, Prescott played excellent ball as the Cowboys sprung the massive home upset. He now has 10 days to rest up for a critical divisional matchup with the Eagles.

Nov 29 - 11:15 PM

You can no longer say those plays "should have been touchdowns"... Dak just cant do it.  If it is on Daks arm to make it happen, you are flat out gambling.

You can no longer say those plays "should have been touchdowns"... Dak just cant do it.  If it is on Daks arm to make it happen, you are flat out gambling.
His running was impressive, any throw over 10 yards you are exactly right. 

Going rate for a playoff team QB.  He’ll want 20*5.   And jerry will pay it.  Watch.  
Give Jerry a taste of relevance with a 9-7 season and loss in a wild card game and I could see him doing it. What other options does he have?

Dak will sign with the boys at a reasonable deal because he needs the guys around him.

He can make up that 100 million with endorsements. 
If they can get him low, then my complaints are mitigated.

I just feel like people and the league are pumping up Dak like a star.. and he is so far from that.

Give Jerry a taste of relevance with a 9-7 season and loss in a wild card game and I could see him doing it. What other options does he have?
That’s just it.  There aren’t enough QB’s.  He has no options.  

Hardest position in professional sports. Every kid in America grows up dreaming about being a QB and their aren’t enough good ones to fill the startling positions in the league.  

If they can get him low, then my complaints are mitigated.

I just feel like people and the league are pumping up Dak like a star.. and he is so far from that.
Who are these people? Where are they? 

Everyone except myself and his blood relatives says he sucks.

Hardest position in professional sports. Every kid in America grows up dreaming about being a QB and their aren’t enough good ones to fill the startling positions in the league.  
Plus he’s Jerry’s special little 3rd round find that made him look smart for a season that he really needs to work. He wants him to be another Romo but unfortunately he’s just not good at passing a football. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys plan to extend Dak Prescott this offseason.

Dallas has set aside cap space to extend Prescott and Amari Cooper. The Cowboys believe in Prescott as their franchise quarterback despite a career trajectory that's trended down since his rookie season. Prescott is likely going to command at least the $18 million AAV Case Keenum got last offseason. Nov 25 - 9:28 AM

Exactly. With that core, his only option if he lets Dak walk is to overpay in trade for a Pro Bowl vet on a rebuilding team. And that's a very short list because teams with good QBs are rarely rebuilding.

Dallas version of Joe Flacco with wheels. Defense carries team, QB cashes in, defense no longer carries team because you can't keep 11 good defensive players like you can 1 franchise QB. Jerry fires coach, dak is still Flacco, team keeps on being mediocre. Worst thing to happen to Dallas right now is the defense carrying the team. It hides the QBs ineptitude.

Dallas has far better players that they need to pay before Dak, but Jerry Jones will probably do the wrong thing and give him way too much money, and they'll end up losing one or two of those great defensive players that they hit on.  

Users who are viewing this thread