What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (3 Viewers)

So where are we ranking him at this point in dynasty? With Zeke in there he is looking every part a top 5 guy. 

INPO Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Wilson then I'm going Dak over overrated Aaron. 

Dak Prescott completed 29-of-46 passes for 444 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Cowboys' 35-27, Week 11 win over the Lions.

Prescott was magnificent for nearly the entire afternoon. Consistently clean pockets helped, but Prescott also regularly escaped any free rushers and picked up 18 yards on the ground himself. Two of his touchdowns were via short and easy throws to Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard, but his 19-yard strike to Randall Cobb at the end of the first half was a thing of beauty down the seam. Prescott has now thrown for three touchdowns in three consecutive starts, but next week faces the league's toughest test in a road trip to Foxborough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys are not going to go deep with the defense playing as bad as they are. Just not gonna happen without some major changes. Today they gave up a lot of points to some generic cashier at QB.

BUT, I am stoked about the caliber of QB Dak continues to become. I still say he’s top 3 in the league if I was starting to build a team today. Great leader skills, never shook, and a threat to run, throw, or hit you right in the mouth at anytime. Fourth round pick? Dak should have went top 2 the year Dallas took him. He has smoked the others-

(1)Goff 1 OA

(1) Wentz 2 OA (Traded up)

(1) Lynch 26 OA

(2) Hackenburg 51 OA

(3) Brissett 91 OA

(3) Kessler 93 OA

(4) Connor Cook 100 OA

(4) Dak 135 OA

Dak by a mile, especially when you figure the price.

Cowboys are not going to go deep with the defense playing as bad as they are. Just not gonna happen without some major changes. Today they gave up a lot of points to some generic cashier at QB.

BUT, I am stoked about the caliber of QB Dak continues to become. I still say he’s top 3 in the league if I was starting to build a team today. Great leader skills, never shook, and a threat to run, throw, or hit you right in the mouth at anytime. Fourth round pick? Dak should have went top 2 the year Dallas took him. He has smoked the others-

(1)Goff 1 OA

(1) Wentz 2 OA (Traded up)

(1) Lynch 26 OA

(2) Hackenburg 51 OA

(3) Brissett 91 OA

(3) Kessler 93 OA

(4) Connor Cook 100 OA

(4) Dak 135 OA

Dak by a mile, especially when you figure the price.
But is he now matchup proof? He's in my lineup now vs NEP. Granted Goff is my backup so ...

Were gonna find out this week. NFLs number 1 offense vs the NFLs defense. 
Dak has been so good, seems crazy to bench him.

I don't think I'd consider it against any other team, but you just know NE is going to throw some goofy scheme at him and Dallas will have 6 points at halftime. 

I don't think I'd consider it against any other team, but you just know NE is going to throw some goofy scheme at him and Dallas will have 6 points at halftime. 
That's my worry. And I've got a Dak/Coop stack going. Really tough call. I think if I had a top 10 ranked guy I'd play him over Dak this week. 

Dak should be considered for MVP if he maintains this pace. Unfortunately the Cowboy haters will balk at that without looking at the numbers he’s posted, and his play on the field. Just reading that some of the other QB darlings in the league who are playing horrible most of this season are “better” than Dak is a joke. Dak was called a “one hit wonder” his rookie year when he was blowing the league away, and from the middle of last season until now, he’s doing it again. That’s not “luck” , that’s skill. Coupled with the fact he refuses to take the credit and puts his teammates first just makes it that much sweeter. Now, if he could just play defense.....

I’m sitting him only because I also have Brees. Dak was still there in the 13th or whenever it was that I decided to take a backup QB.

I’m sitting him only because I also have Brees. Dak was still there in the 13th or whenever it was that I decided to take a backup QB.
I'm playing him in a hurricane and the risk of flu , because my other option is Aaron Rodgers, who- *checks notes* -hates scoring TDs.

208 yards with a TD and 2 INTs. Better than Rodgers 0 TDs and 200 yards. 

I lucked out and got Dak as my QB2 in the late rounds also.  He is behind only Jackson & Wilson in my league.  Many other options on the wire, but I ain't benching him, even in a bad matchup in bad weather.

I have the luxury of benching him for Russ Wilson this week, but will probably ride him throughout the fantasy playoffs; their pass attack is more consistent than Seahawks, I think 

Bad weather, on the road, vs. the toughest pass defense. As great as he’s been, I’m petrified of starting him tomorrow. Talk me out of benching him for Driskel. This game is looking like an ugly 20-17 game. 

Dak should be considered for MVP if he maintains this pace. Unfortunately the Cowboy haters will balk at that without looking at the numbers he’s posted, and his play on the field. Just reading that some of the other QB darlings in the league who are playing horrible most of this season are “better” than Dak is a joke. Dak was called a “one hit wonder” his rookie year when he was blowing the league away, and from the middle of last season until now, he’s doing it again. That’s not “luck” , that’s skill. Coupled with the fact he refuses to take the credit and puts his teammates first just makes it that much sweeter. Now, if he could just play defense.....
I've moved from being one of your "haters" to neutral.

Your post is ignoring his faults, ignoring what the Cowboys have done versus bad teams and good.

He hasn't beaten a good team yet this year, he lost to the Jets.  He hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet.  He still makes passes that make you wonder if you are watching an NFL QB.  He has nice stats, and that is great for fantasy.  He looks more in command.   I'd like to see him win a game on his shoulders, one that matters.  Against a good team.

Doing it for 10 games against bad teams isn't good enough to be an MVP imo.  I'm intrigued about these next few games.

Dak Prescott completed 19-of-33 passes for 212 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception in the Cowboys' 13-9, Week 12 loss to the Patriots.

Prescott struggled with both the Patriots’ elite defense along with the brutal weather conditions, as the QB even felt the need to put on gloves at the beginning of the second quarter. He struggled to create explosive plays throughout the game with the exception being a perfectly thrown deep crosser to Randall Cobb for 59 yards at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Drops didn’t help, but Prescott also deserves plenty of blame for erratic accuracy throughout the afternoon. Of course, this is the toughest matchup in football, so look for Prescott to get back to providing QB1 value on Thanksgiving Day against the Bills.

People's expectations were too high for him this year, and his stats against bad teams the first half of this year only made it worse (MVP!).

Having said that, I had him in the Mariota tier after last season.  He does look better this year imo, and I would put him in the pack of average franchise QBs with upside.  I think if he can turn those 1-3 terrible throws per game into completions, some of these games would have a different ending.

This game is an example of why I am still not sold on him as the Cowboys (real life, not fantasy) QB.  Not to take too much away from the Bills D, but he should have been able to lead his team to victory, at home yesterday.

What are we thinking he does tonight.

Im worried he counts on Zeke to run a ton in the cold. 

I would hope he would dominate in a must win with a contract in the balance as well. 

People's expectations were too high for him this year, and his stats against bad teams the first half of this year only made it worse (MVP!).

Having said that, I had him in the Mariota tier after last season.  He does look better this year imo, and I would put him in the pack of average franchise QBs with upside.  I think if he can turn those 1-3 terrible throws per game into completions, some of these games would have a different ending.
He is #2 in fantasy points in my PPR league. He has 23 TDs, Wilson has 26 and Jackson has 25. He is tied at 3rd. 

He is #2 in fantasy points in my PPR league. He has 23 TDs, Wilson has 26 and Jackson has 25. He is tied at 3rd. 

Not talking fantasy in the least with that post.
Its literally is talking players TD production in contrast to expectations and reality.  :lol:  

Were Expectations a Top 5 QB? 

Again, Dak has 23 Tds, when the league leader has 26, how has he not met his expectations when he is a top 5 and in my league a top 3 QB this year? 

Or are you upset I reference his position in my ppr league so that negates the rest of my post?

Its literally is talking players TD production in contrast to expectations and reality.  :lol:  

Were Expectations a Top 5 QB? 

Again, Dak has 23 Tds, when the league leader has 26, how has he not met his expectations when he is a top 5 and in my league a top 3 QB this year? 

Or are you upset I reference his position in my ppr league so that negates the rest of my post?
Not sure if you have been reading the thread.  It appears not.

My criticisms/doubts are and have been for years (documented in this thread) about his real life performance.. I have acknowledged his relative value in fantasy.

The post was entirely about real, not fantasy.  Not sure what else to do with this.

Dude is a turd. Who's more overrated than this guy in the league?
I mean, every team has it's down days, and CHI D is still very, very good up front.

But peeling back the hyperbole, I think it's an interesting point.

Is Dak really a franchise QB? Is he simply smoke and mirrors? Or simply something in between?

It's really hard to gauge as despite being fairly steady each year in yardage and TDs, the overall performance and accuracy -- and whether he is "on" or "off" -- is so variable.

• 2016: ROTY/Pro Bowler winning 13 games (tying franchise record), going 11 straight. Earned a bye and home field advantage, but lost to the Packers in the final seconds.
  • 2017: 9-7. Prescott throws for 300 or so less yards, but goes from 4 INTs to 13 in 2017. Did well against their division, including handing Philly, who went on to win the SB, one of their 3 losses.
  • 2018: 10-6. Accuracy and yards back up, INTs down to 8, Dak leads the Boys through SEA in the wildcard and losing to the Rams, who went on to the SB. Second Pro Bowl.
  • 2019: Going into the game tonight with 11 INTs but likely going to throw for more yards this season than he ever has -- by overall total and per game.
So hard to get a bead on how good Dak truly is or not.

I mean, every team has it's down days, and CHI D is still very, very good up front.

But peeling back the hyperbole, I think it's an interesting point.

Is Dak really a franchise QB? Is he simply smoke and mirrors? Or simply something in between?

It's really hard to gauge as despite being fairly steady each year in yardage and TDs, the overall performance and accuracy -- and whether he is "on" or "off" -- is so variable.

• 2016: ROTY/Pro Bowler winning 13 games (tying franchise record), going 11 straight. Earned a bye and home field advantage, but lost to the Packers in the final seconds.
  • 2017: 9-7. Prescott throws for 300 or so less yards, but goes from 4 INTs to 13 in 2017. Did well against their division, including handing Philly, who went on to win the SB, one of their 3 losses.
  • 2018: 10-6. Accuracy and yards back up, INTs down to 8, Dak leads the Boys through SEA in the wildcard and losing to the Rams, who went on to the SB. Second Pro Bowl.
  • 2019: Going into the game tonight with 11 INTs but likely going to throw for more yards this season than he ever has -- by overall total and per game.
So hard to get a bead on how good Dak truly is or not.
The uncertainty comes from those handful of throws each week where you just can't fathom how an NFL QB misses so badly.

If he doesn't end 3 drives in a row tonight by missing (badly) 3 wide open targets, and instead hits the targets and moves the chains... maybe we are talking about a great come back win or at least a good game.  

This is a rinse and repeat in big games. 

Did well against their division, including handing Philly, who went on to win the SB, one of their 3 losses.
In a 6-0 victory in Week 17 when Philly sat their starters because they had the 1 seed locked up. Dak scored 6 points against second- and third-stringers in a meaningless game. Doesn't help the point much. 

In a 6-0 victory in Week 17 when Philly sat their starters because they had the 1 seed locked up. Dak scored 6 points against second- and third-stringers in a meaningless game. Doesn't help the point much. 
Fair, but that was not the point of the post.

So what do you think? Is Dak good? Not? Lucky? A franchise QB?

I'm struggling with this as much as you are. I do think he's much better when his line is healthy and Zeke is there. He's not like Russell Wilson who can make the best of a bad supporting cast. 

He's improved for fantasy purposes this year, but I'm not sure he's improved as an NFL QB. 

Dak is good, but not great.  He can light up the bad teams/defenses, but against good teams/defenses, he seems to really struggle, and it's clear that he is not a good bad weather QB.  Note that I am talking how good of a real QB he is (not fantasy).  I am sure Dallas will pony up and pay him, but they will be overpaying him big time and that is going to bite them. They missed their window to make a deep playoff run when Dak and Zeke were both still playing on rookie contracts. 

Dak Prescott completed 27-of-49 passes for 334 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' 31-24, Week 14 loss to the Bears.

Wildly inaccurate all evening, Prescott's lofty yardage total was the result of quarters worth of garbage time. The Cowboys trailed 24-7 early in the third quarter and 31-14 early in the fourth. Prescott's score came down 31-14 with 4:29 remaining. It was a beautiful rainbow to Amari Cooper in the end zone. Cooper was one of the evening's main stories, as he appeared nowhere close to 100 percent health. He is going to have to get right if the Cowboys are to win the easily-attainable NFC East. Although the game is in Dallas, the Rams are not a plus Week 15 matchup.

Dak is wildly inconsistent.  I wonder if he has an issue with his throwing arm/shoulder, cuz he can't hit the broad side of a barn 

He got 22 in my league. I am happy with that. Garbage time counts, but before garbage time.

He was absolute trash and we all know it. He had around 5 points heading into the 4th. He may have had a decent game for some leagues after the fact, but the way it looked last night was down right awful.

Players sometimes have to be selfish with TDs, they ran the ball 4 times at the GL in a row. You have to take one of them and try dak. 

Dak Prescott suffered a sprained left hand and injured the index finger on his right hand in Thursday's Week 14 loss to Chicago.

Coach Jason Garrett expects Prescott to be "fine." The injures may have led to a wildly inaccurate game from Prescott, who completed just 55 percent of his passes. The Cowboys are on a mini-bye, so Precott has 10 days to rest up for a Week 15 matchup with the Rams.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 5:43 PM ET

Dak Prescott completed 15-of-23 passes for 212 yards and two touchdowns in Dallas' Week 15 win over the Rams.

Prescott initially appeared hampered by his sprained left hand but still found Jason Witten (4/36/1) for a one-handed 19-yard touchdown in the first quarter to surge the Cowboys to an early 7-0 lead. His second touchdown was due to a miscommunication in Los Angeles' secondary, allowing Tavon Austin to release wide open 17 yards from the closest defender and scamper in for a 59-yard score. Amari Cooper (1/19) and Michael Gallup (1/6) combined for just two catches on Prescott's season-low number of attempts as Dallas ultimately leaned on Ezekiel Elliott (24/117/2) and Tony Pollard (12/131/1) to out-rush the Rams 263 to 22. With Philadelphia leaking fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks in their last three games, Prescott warrants top-eight consideration among his position in Week 16's must-win divisional tilt.

Users who are viewing this thread