What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (4 Viewers)

this article eluded to more RPO in the Cowboys offense this year.... saw it maybe used once in Week 1
They should practice it more.  If nothing else, their defense can learn how to defend it.  Carolina destroyed them with the RPO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is he experienced great success before he was actually “ready”.  That regression is even harder to overcome than the normal rookie progression that slowly improves over a longer period of time.  

I think he is talented but will most likely never see another year like the first.  

Over his last 10 games, Dak Prescott has 8 TDs, 11 INTs, and is averaging 182 passing yards and 2.5 sacks per game. That is below replacement level, IMO. 
It’s terrible. Yet there’s still a guy in here that will tell you he’s better than Wentz. 

He had a great first year and caught a lot by surprise but been downhill since teams got tape on him. 

It’s terrible. Yet there’s still a guy in here that will tell you he’s better than Wentz. 

He had a great first year and caught a lot by surprise but been downhill since teams got tape on him. 
Even that guy doesn't believe that he's better than Wentz anymore.

Or maybe he does.   :oldunsure:  

He. Is. Garbage.

Eli Manning level terrible.  

Faded QBs this year and got Dak very late.  I felt good about at the time.  Damn I was wrong.  

It's not all his fault.  No wrs.  Coaches suck.  But he's not good enough to overcome this situation.  Condolences to anyone who has to use him for fantasy

It's not all his fault.  No wrs.  Coaches suck.  But he's not good enough to overcome this situation.  Condolences to anyone who has to use him for fantasy
The “best line in all of football” has t done him any favors either. 

Dak will never be an elite passer but he’s better than his performance weeks 1 & 3. 

Play calling is an absolute joke.

He's not taking this team anywhere ever. They should be scouting the 2019 QB class but I think this teams front office is clueless. 

He's not taking this team anywhere ever. They should be scouting the 2019 QB class but I think this teams front office is clueless. 
Why is the front office clueless? They have one of the best Oand D line in all of football and everyone is 27 or under. Couldn’t be more wrong there unless you’re still one of the lemmings who still think Jerry is in charge. 

The coaching is a complete mismatch every single week. They are so stubborn and their entire philosophy is to “take what the defense gives you” - which every team knows so they just show the Cowboys what they want to show so they play right  into th defenses hands.

Last week they deviated from that strategy and imposed their will on the opposing defenses, and this week they went right back to their vanilla ways.. It’s inexcusable.

Seriously can’t believe I’m starting C.J. Beathard over Dak this week.  What has this world come too.....

Man I thought this guy was supposed to be "the best 4th round pick ever." What a way to fall. 

They should seriously consider grabbing a QB with pick #1. This class has a few good ones in it, and they should really look hard at making a change

Dr. Dan said:
Man I thought this guy was supposed to be "the best 4th round pick ever." What a way to fall. 

They should seriously consider grabbing a QB with pick #1. This class has a few good ones in it, and they should really look hard at making a change
No. 

He is a born leader. He can read defenses. He can run. 

He cant overcome bad WRs and coaching. He does need to work on accuracy. 

He will never be Aaron Rodgers but he can be Bart Starr. 

Id rather change coaches before changing the QB.

No. 

I've seen several mock of AJ Brown going to Dallas round 1. As someone who is likely holding 1.1 in two dynasty leagues I'm not sure I like the destination, mostly because of Dak, but the opportunity is excellent and surrounding talent is favorable. I'd prefer AZ myself, but they are likely picking too high for Brown. 

dkp993 said:
Seriously can’t believe I’m starting C.J. Beathard over Dak this week.  What has this world come too.....
Yes, do it! Dak is "emergency plan" only in FF terms.

No. 

I agree with you. Fire Garrett in the off-season. Bring in one or two FA WR's. Have the new coach work with Dak in a new offensive system next year. If Dak looks like he is the answer in the new system, lock him up long-term. If not, let him go after 2019 and bring in a free agent QB or draft one for 2020.

I kinda doubt the Cowboys use their 1st-rounder on a QB in the 2019 draft, but the 2nd or 3rd round is possible depending on how Dak performs ROS. It's an option. They only have a few needs.

That said, it's really hard to totally dismiss Dak with their current receivers. Give ANY QB those receivers & you're going to have problems.

Classic case is Goff last week losing Cooks & Woods. Goff had an ok day, but didn't go off like he has been (but he did lean on Kupp).

A lot of people wanted a WR for the Cowboys in round 1 this past draft, but they took the one player (LVE) that made sense over a WR. They had to cover for Lee getting older & being injury-prone because he's such a key for their D. LVE is gong to be a stud. Another factor was WR (along with RB) is one of the easier positions to fill in FA & the Cowboys will have a bunch of cap room next year.

Whoa! That ain't gonna cut it in today's NFL.
Know your history, son. 

Bart Starr:

2× Super Bowl champion (I, II)

2× Super Bowl MVP (I, II)

5× NFL champion (1961, 1962, 1965–1967)

4× Pro Bowl (1960–1962, 1966)

First-team All-Pro (1966)

3× Second-team All-Pro (1961, 1962, 1964)

NFL Most Valuable Player (1966)

5× NFL passer rating leader (1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1969)

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

Packers Hall of Fame

Green Bay Packers No. 15 retired

I agree with you. Fire Garrett in the off-season. Bring in one or two FA WR's. Have the new coach work with Dak in a new offensive system next year. If Dak looks like he is the answer in the new system, lock him up long-term. If not, let him go after 2019 and bring in a free agent QB or draft one for 2020.
I'm in for sending Garrett packing now. 

Linehan too. 

#### it

Know your history, son. 

Bart Starr:

2× Super Bowl champion (I, II)

2× Super Bowl MVP (I, II)

5× NFL champion (1961, 1962, 1965–1967)

4× Pro Bowl (1960–1962, 1966)

First-team All-Pro (1966)

3× Second-team All-Pro (1961, 1962, 1964)

NFL Most Valuable Player (1966)

5× NFL passer rating leader (1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1969)

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

Packers Hall of Fame

Green Bay Packers No. 15 retired
Gotta love the Shark Pool... where else would somebody throw 50 year old stats in your face.

Yes, Dak's a great leader, but he can't throw a football well. I suppose he'll leadership his way to a few titles.

Gotta love the Shark Pool... where else would somebody throw 50 year old stats in your face.

Yes, Dak's a great leader, but he can't throw a football well. I suppose he'll leadership his way to a few titles.
He's more accurate than McNabb.  Maybe even Newton.

Users who are viewing this thread