What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (2 Viewers)

I really enjoyed this kid. I saw the highlights last week and was looking forward to seeing him all week. He really delivered.

I was kind of hating twitter tonight. Can Cowboys fans (and Dak) just enjoy a nice performance? Geesh.

Everyone is always so eager to point out preseason doesn't matter, almost in an insulting way to downgrade a nice performance.

It does matter.

He's not supplanting Romo. That wasn't the plan. He was drafted to develop behind Romo and maybe one day be the guy.

He was a college star and now he's been an NFL star against second and third string defenses. It's a step.

I would guess it's possible he starts in week four of preseason.  If so, that'll be our only chance to see him against the ones. 

Today everyone will discredit him dominating the twos and threes. If Romo is hurt in week eight of the regular season, every one will suddenly be all interested in how Dak did in preseason. 

These preseason performances are supposed to come with a grain of salt, not a truckload of salt dumped on your head. 

I like this kid a ton and I'm going to continue to until he gives me a reason not to.
Spot on!??

Dak is a rookie.....a rookie who's NEVER played in the NFL. He's playing behind Tony Romo. With that being said, he too is a second teamer but the point is he's dominating them at this point and that's what we want to see. A second teamer rookie QB dominating on the field against the competition.

Again, Dak is not a 3 or 4 years backup with some experience playing in the NFL. He's never played in the NFL! If you actually take the time and watch him play there is no way that anyone with any type of football IQ can say there isn't smoke behind this kid. We all know where there's smoke there's fire.

Im not saying he's a hall of fame QB, Hell im not saying he's a pro-bowler but watch him play then come back and say this kid doesn't have something.

Zeke is playing next game and I can't wait to see these two on the field with this offensive line and Dez!

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to go back and rewatch, but I thought Dak played at least one drive with the #1 Miami D on the field (TD to Dez).  It was only one drive though...
I do believe this is correct, I head one of the commentators comment on this.

Tex

Dak fits the profile I look for over a QB's final two years in college:  high completion percentage (64%), high TD/INT ratio (3.5), positive rushing yards, and over 8 YPA their final year.  For QB's like Dak with a lot of rushing yards I like to see at least a 2.0 pass/rush ratio over his final two years (his was 2.4).

ETA: surprisingly, the QB he most compares to using these metrics is Andy Dalton.

College stats

4 years, 70 passing TDs , 23 INTs (146 QBR) and 41 rushing. Most impressive stat is that he only fumbled once and that was back in 2013.

I would appreciate hearing some opinions on FAAB percentages to use on this kid in dynasty.  Thanks.
I'd love to hear others thoughts on this, too.  I have Brees and Ryan and would love to add a young QB that could pay off once Brees falls off the cliff.  I was thinking of putting in a 1%-2% bid, but I do wonder if that's going to be enough.  

Bloom is a smart man, I'd like to hear his take on Dak and his evaluation of him.

Tex
I am pretty sure the audible guys talked QBs in the draft and were big fans of Dak. However they were a bit concerned with the timing of the DUI.

Let's see what he does against SEA this weekend. Sounds like the 1s are going to play longer but with how they are handling Romo I can't imagine they keep him in for too long.

Tex 

Thanks for your input.  However, if you had to place him now, where would he be?  After Goff, Wentz and Lynch?  Somewhere in between? Ahead of Henry or Boyd?

Thanks for your input.  However, if you had to place him now, where would he be?  After Goff, Wentz and Lynch?  Somewhere in between? Ahead of Henry or Boyd?
His college numbers are inline with both. He played in a better conference than Wentz. I don't even put Lynch in their Tier. I'm not a Henry fan but I wouldn't put him ahead of Henry.

All I've heard from the Cowboys camp is what a "student" Dak is. He's always studying and that's huge! He seems to have a high football I.Q. but as I watch Goff on Hard Knocks he comes across as an airhead. That's not what I would want as a QB personally. I've also read that they were going to be patient with him and he's progressing slowing........doesn't sound good to me.

All of these QB have a long way to go. They are all still learning but in this situation. Dak is playing better than any rookie and it's not even close! I'd go with Dak but would understand if Henry was taken before him.

Just MHO,

Tex

His college numbers are inline with both. He played in a better conference than Wentz. I don't even put Lynch in their Tier. I'm not a Henry fan but I wouldn't put him ahead of Henry.

All I've heard from the Cowboys camp is what a "student" Dak is. He's always studying and that's huge! He seems to have a high football I.Q. but as I watch Goff on Hard Knocks he comes across as an airhead. That's not what I would want as a QB personally. I've also read that they were going to be patient with him and he's progressing slowing........doesn't sound good to me.

All of these QB have a long way to go. They are all still learning but in this situation. Dak is playing better than any rookie and it's not even close! I'd go with Dak but would understand if Henry was taken before him.

Just MHO,

Tex
Thanks.  So what I'm hearing from you is that you would put Prescott with Wentz and Goff but ahead of Lynch? 

Curious where everyone would rank Dak Prescott in a start 2 QB Dynasty Rookie draft?
Cant speak for a 2 QB format but Prescott was the 3rd QB taken in a rookie draft (10 team non-ppr w/ IDP) last night.

Goff 2.04

Lynch 3.02

Prescott 3.03

Wentz 3.06

Cook 5.07

Jones 6.08

Kessler 7.09

There were at least a couple groans when Prescott was picked so it seems folks are definitely taking notice of his exploits and/or were hoping he'd last a little longer. I thought I could get him later but obviously was wrong.

ILoveMyLions said:
Thanks.  So what I'm hearing from you is that you would put Prescott with Wentz and Goff but ahead of Lynch? 
Yes, actually #1 in a Dynasty.

Tex

ETA the word out of Valley Ranch is that he reminds them of Donavan McNabb.........now that they've mentioned it! 

Yes, actually #1 in a Dynasty.

Tex

ETA the word out of Valley Ranch is that he reminds them of Donavan McNabb.........now that they've mentioned it! 
Thanks for the feedback.  I still have Goff and Wentz ahead of him but he's gaining.  Lynch has looked good as well and may start sooner.  They are all really close in my estimation.  Any other thoughts from others?

Just for perspective, I was offered a 2017 2nd for him today (very likely 2.07-2.10, 10 team 2QB league) and I declined it.  It's mandatory to start 2QB (its not superflex) so his value although high, might have peaked by now, I'll happily wait for a Romo injury if that's all I'm going to get at this moment.

With Dez out against Seattle we should get a better sample of what my new favorite player is all about. 

Just MHO,

Tex
Didn't know that the sun rises in the east... :whoosh:  

With $100 offseason bb waiver money, dak went for $31 after his 1st game (before the 2nd). I then traded deangelo williams for dak+4th(2017). We get new bb $$ when the season starts, not sure if this is normal. Another league I just picked him up in our august ww moves, I was 3rd in the order. Not a whole lot of moves made by teams this month.

So what's he worth to the general public?  Not to turn in it an AC question but I own him in 2qb leagues and I'd think he's worth a pretty penny by now.  Seems like a Russell Wilson situation to me.

The following are both dynasty leagues. Not trying to be AC either, but providing for my thinking.

Just nabbed him with $47 bid on faab in my start 1 QB league to sit behind Russel and Eli. Fwiw, another owner referred to it as a good pickup...

Am toying with trying to trade for him in my superflex.  I have Carr, Cousins and Palmer and am thinking of trading Palmer for Dak plus a pick.  Things is, I am the defending champ and I am worried a move like this hurts me for this year.  Hmm, decisions decisions...

28 player limit, plus it plays into our draft rules.  Rd 1 has to be a rookie, Rd 2 can be a rookie or any FA player, this lets the worst team usually grab two awesome players and creates better parity for the league.  After Rd 1 and 2, then it snakes to rd 3 and 4

I can't ever remember seeing a rookie QB come in and look as good as he does out of the gate. This isn't just 3/4 quarter scrubs. These are decent preseason snaps.

The big caveat is what he'll look like once the vanilla defenses go away. But as someone else said, it's not like other QBs are playing this lights out in preseason, even vets. I got him pretty late in startup dynasty last weekend the morning after he looked great on Friday night. And I honestly don't know how you can't have him #1 rookie QB. If we assume Romo misses a 3-4 games and Dak looks great in relief, he'll be starting in 2017. I could see them even pulling a Bledsoe on him this year.

It just depends on how Romo plays. His wincing departure drew the predictable ire of his critics but he looked sharp in the game before. As long as Dez plays week one I expect Romo will have a good game and beat the Giants at home.

An injury to Romo is the only way Dak gets in. Of course it's possible but I don't think it's an inevitability just because he got tackled awkwardly in a preseason game. As a Romo owner I badly want Dak in my dynasty league but if I didn't have Romo I wouldn't be as interested.

I think the Dak ascension if farther off than people are suddenly predicting. To make a non-injury related switch would wreck any good will between the Cowboys and Romo and make him unusable going forward. They'd be pinning their season on a year one QB who shredded preseason competition.

Bumping for Romo'so broken bones in the back.
Is it bones or bone? Either way, not good. 

Well, time to see what Dak can do. I could see him having a Cam-like rookie season. He has a better WR1, TE and RB than Cam had, why not? And the league has somehow gotten even MORE QB-friendly.

Ignore the hype at your own peril. The stars are aligning.

Is it bones or bone? Either way, not good. 

Well, time to see what Dak can do. I could see him having a Cam-like rookie season. He has a better WR1, TE and RB than Cam had, why not? And the league has somehow gotten even MORE QB-friendly.

Ignore the hype at your own peril. The stars are aligning.
This is the perfect storm, and it's arrived. Dak gets at least 1/2 a season to play as the starter, on an offense surrounded by a good line, high talent rookie RB, and one of the best WR's in the game. His dyno value will skyrocket as a running QB with all that said. I had a claim in this week thinking I could sneak in while Romo's still starting. :wall:

Now the Cowboys have two players who will be pushing for Offense Rookie of the Year!

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread