What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (2 Viewers)

I didn't like Dak's attitude in the media session afterwards either.  He seemed like he was just blowing it off while reciting the "we'll learn from it" drivel off the cue card.

I want to see him pained from his/their crappy performance and a Tebow-esque "I promise this will never happen again" like a real leader.

Rough season?

This isn’t college. Pro players would laugh at that garbage. And of course the Cowboys and Dak will have bad games again. South Carolina isn’t on the schedule.

I was using a bit of hyperbole but he really did blow it off, which I didn't think was a good look.

Dak Prescott completed 26-of-40 passes for 238 yards with a touchdown and an interception in the Cowboys' Week 13 win over the Saints.

This was a rough game for Prescott, but fortunately, it came on a night the Saints turned it over four times. The Cowboys' running game and receivers weren't close to 100 percent, with Ezekiel Elliott averaging under 3.0 YPC and Amari Cooper being used situationally. The Dallas offense got most of its production on a 58-yard TD run by Tony Pollard, though Prescott managed to hit Michael Gallup on and end-zone fade for his lone touchdown. Prescott, who's been held under 250 yards in two of the last three games, will look to rebound against a bottoming-out Washington secondary in Week 14.

Dec 2, 2021, 11:37 PM ET

What's up with him? Week 1 dak has been long gone 

There are some great weapons on this team 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this.  Doesn't look right.  How far does he drop in drafts next year? He's not in that elite tier.

Dan Orlovsky (sp?) does a great job of breaking down Dak's decision making and how it has regressed since the calf injury. Noted how he came out looking like an MVP to start the season, but since the calf? Nervous and hurried in the pocket... not trusting his protection and not waiting for routes to develop before checking down. Could be a simple case of the yips following an injury.

He's Dak Prescott.

I don't mean to be too glib about Prescott, but he is in between Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, maybe not even that.
He's better than Flacco ever was other than a 4 game stretch. But Ryan is one of the best QB's of the last 20 years, and is still a pretty good starting QB all things considered. 

Dak isn't an elite QB(did anyone ever think he was?) but he's a high end starter for sure. He lost both starting OT's yesterday, and had a host of drops, and zero rushing threat. 

He's better than Flacco ever was other than a 4 game stretch. But Ryan is one of the best QB's of the last 20 years, and is still a pretty good starting QB all things considered. 

Dak isn't an elite QB(did anyone ever think he was?) but he's a high end starter for sure. He lost both starting OT's yesterday, and had a host of drops, and zero rushing threat. 

Pretty much. The Cowboys have a problem at LG and a first year starter at center, among other offensive line issues. 

I forget sometimes that this is a fantasy football forum, and people look at Prescott from that perspective. I was just comparing him to other QB's who throw 25-30 TDs per regular season who some argue are/were elite. I agree with you on Ryan, although many might not agree with either of us.

Unless Dak has an All Pro offensive line, 3 stud WRs, 2 stud RBs hes below average.
You may not be wrong but that’s the way Dallas is setup to be under Jerry. He focuses all his money on the starters and the drop off is usually staggering. 

They have gotten better in this area but it’s still true. 

I’ll also add that the offensive line hasn’t been very good since 2016. It’s an average line at this time. I hope they draft a stud T or G with their first pick next season.

You may not be wrong but that’s the way Dallas is setup to be under Jerry. He focuses all his money on the starters and the drop off is usually staggering. 

They have gotten better in this area but it’s still true. 

I’ll also add that the offensive line hasn’t been very good since 2016. It’s an average line at this time. I hope they draft a stud T or G with their first pick next season.
All I'm saying is there are QBs that elevate their team even when the team has injuries and they are playing with backups. Dak doesn't do that but he's paid as if he does.

I think he’s hurt and just hasn’t gotten back into rhythm. 
The Redskins defense is also pretty solid. It was also a division game. 

Good news is the Cowboys have 4 more weeks to right the ship and hopefully get hot. 

Sigh...

Okay, name your entire list of QBs good enough to carry a franchise.

The "been there done that" tier - 

Rodgers

Brady

Mahomes

Wilson

The "did it once" tier - 

Josh Allen

Lamar Jackson (although I think he has been just about figured out)

The "flashed the ability, maybe this year" tier - 

Herbert

Burrow

Stafford

Murray

The "you gotta pay them franchise money but will they ever do it" tier - 

Dak/Carr/Cousins/Wentz/Tannehill/Garoppolo/Baker ... where on a week to week basis the question is who didn't make the stupid passes to almost lose the game for their otherwise pretty damn good teams.  On an up week maybe they were better than a bad Stafford or Murray for a Sunday.

He's been garbage ever since he got banged up..... Dink and Dakking all over the field .... He's holding back the WR's big time 

Dak Prescott is the QB27 in fantasy points per game over the past five weeks. 

He's averaged a meager 12.95 fantasy points per game since Week 11, less than Zach Wilson and Jared Goff, among others. The Cowboys' offensive struggles aren't entirely on Dak's shoulders, but his play has certainly fallen off over the past month. His 6.1 yards per attempt over that stretch ranks 20th among quarterbacks and is well short of his 8.2 yards per attempt during the season's first ten weeks. He's managed multiple touchdown passes in just one of his past five outings. The floundering Dallas offense has been bailed out time and again by the team's elite defense. That doesn't matter to fantasy managers. Dak drafters probably won't find a better waiver wire option in Week 16, when Dallas plays the Football Team. 

Dec 20, 2021, 9:44 AM ET

So many dumb things yesterday.  Lamb had a bad drop.  They got the ball deep in the red zone with ten seconds left and didn't call a timeout.  Zeke rushing touchdown.  No pressure to score after 4 turnovers.  I had hoped this would be the game to break his slump but with them winning 21-6 they didn't have much reason to bomb away and they got so many short fields from turnovers that they didn't need him to rack up yards. He'll be fine but I'm probably benching him for fields next week

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Allegedly they’re running vanilla stuff and saving things for the playoffs 

Oof, that's really bad then... if Dak can't look good executing the "vanilla" stuff... what happens when they suddenly open up the entire menu?

zed2283 said:
If Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl, he should cut bait and sign Rodgers this offseason.

Austin is closer to Houston, Rodgers can go to the Texans so he can Bro Down with Matt McConaghey and Joe Rogan.

Oof, that's really bad then... if Dak can't look good executing the "vanilla" stuff... what happens when they suddenly open up the entire menu?
Dak played pretty well yesterday. The three drops by Lamb would look better on the stat sheet.

With that said, running vanilla stuff allows the opposing defenses a better chance to stop it. That style of play works great if you have better players across the board than the other teams but all it takes is a guy or two to win their position battle and it ruins the whole play. It today’s NFL scheme is more important than ever. 

So to answer your question- I think one the more complicated stuff goes back in the offense will improve.

OR - Maybe the way the defense is playing, it’s better off to play a more conservative brand of offense that doesn’t allow opposing teams to get TO chances. 

Dak played pretty well yesterday. The three drops by Lamb would look better on the stat sheet.

With that said, running vanilla stuff allows the opposing defenses a better chance to stop it. That style of play works great if you have better players across the board than the other teams but all it takes is a guy or two to win their position battle and it ruins the whole play. It today’s NFL scheme is more important than ever. 

So to answer your question- I think one the more complicated stuff goes back in the offense will improve.

OR - Maybe the way the defense is playing, it’s better off to play a more conservative brand of offense that doesn’t allow opposing teams to get TO chances. 
So he's a game manager now

Users who are viewing this thread