What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (2 Viewers)

Full tilt insan-o Dynasty (with IDPs and tons of stuff including contracts and bonus for completion % and ypc and such stuff)...

Rookie Draft...

• 1.01 Dak
  • 1.02 Ezekiel

I'm just playing around. You've been around waaaaaay to long for me to keep up the hyperbole. 

I love everything I read about him and think he's special. Doesn't hurt that the team is loaded around him offensively. 

Honestly the only negatives I see are his struggles to hit the smaller receivers and I've noticed that despite having a cannon he often under throws guys. Hoping that comes with more reps. 

On the wire in my league, but we also have very limited add/drops, only 2 per season after the draft.
What the hell... really? If you don't mind me asking, why? Super deep benches I assume? That seems unnecessarily restrictive. 
I play in one similar.  10 pickups total.  Primary reason is to stress the importance of the draft and make waivers really count.  Very forgiving IR rules so waivers aren't really about recovering from injuries.  Small league with small rosters so there are always lots of impact players on the wire and this removes the ability to just stream waiver pickups all year.  It makes it much more challenging - week 3 last year I had Matt Ryan as my QB with Bortles on the wire.  No-brainer add in most leagues, but with only 10 on the year I really had to make sure it was a worthy upgrade (it was, obviously).  People can't just willy-nilly add hot waiver guys and strike gold.

If he shows he can handle the job the bow boys may be less inclined to rush Romo back 
That's what I'll be curious to watch.  What record do the Cowboys need to have where Dak stays in at QB or is it Romo's team no matter what?  At some point their needs to be a line where you keep the guy in there knowing Tony is like Mr. Glass.  6-4, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, 10-0?

For reference -

I picked him in the 4th round of a dynasty rookie draft before Romo went down.

After Romo died, his owner traded me RB Chris Ivory and a 2017 3rd round and 4th round pick.

For reference -

I picked him in the 4th round of a dynasty rookie draft before Romo went down.

After Romo died, his owner traded me RB Chris Ivory and a 2017 3rd round and 4th round pick.
Sounds like an owner who just doesnt get dynasty thinking.

The only thing the Romo injury changed was how quickly Dak would reach his projected value.  Ivory and a 3rd is pretty steep to add a season or so of production to a low level dynasty asset.

Sounds like an owner who just doesnt get dynasty thinking.

The only thing the Romo injury changed was how quickly Dak would reach his projected value.  Ivory and a 3rd is pretty steep to add a season or so of production to a low level dynasty asset.
His eval of Dak is clearly higher than yours. So is mine.

Does anyone know if Prescott is playing in this 4th preseason game or being held out?

Last edited by a moderator:
His eval of Dak is clearly higher than yours. So is mine.
It apparently wasnt high enough to have spent his third round pick on at the time of the draft.

What has happened since May to turn a guy from a fourth round flyer into a starting rb level commodity?  Was there that much doubt that Prescott wouod one day start for Dallas?

It apparently wasnt high enough to have spent his third round pick on at the time of the draft.

What has happened since May to turn a guy from a fourth round flyer into a starting rb level commodity?  Was there that much doubt that Prescott wouod one day start for Dallas?
Dak continued to look good in preseason.

Romo was the guy's FF starter with Fitz as his backup. Now Fitz is his starter and Dak is his backup with a lot of upside.

Can you see Romo playing two more years? I can't. His body is breaking down. He missed all last season, then the first hit of this year and he breaks his back? This is the story of a man being forced from the NFL. If Dak does well during this run, Dallas won't look into drafting/acquiring a successor to Romo. They'll have him. 

Can you see Romo playing two more years? I can't. His body is breaking down. He missed all last season, then the first hit of this year and he breaks his back? This is the story of a man being forced from the NFL. If Dak does well during this run, Dallas won't look into drafting/acquiring a successor to Romo. They'll have him. 
I agree with all of this.  I would have agreed with it back in May, so it should have been baked into his dynasty value all along.

If the owner in question thought he was worth that much, he should have offered a second months ago and secured him, instead of paying the "oh he just got promoted and everyone is excited" premium.  For that matter, he could have had him for just a third back then, with all the same potential to eventually be the Cowboys' starting QB.

I agree with all of this.  I would have agreed with it back in May, so it should have been baked into his dynasty value all along.

If the owner in question thought he was worth that much, he should have offered a second months ago and secured him, instead of paying the "oh he just got promoted and everyone is excited" premium.  For that matter, he could have had him for just a third back then, with all the same potential to eventually be the Cowboys' starting QB.
 Yes, hindsight is 20/20. 

Traded him in one of my PPR dynasty leagues for 2nd in 2017, Gostkowski, and Seattle D. I already had Newton and Winston at QB. 

Anybody bold enough to start Prescott this week.  I'm not a big DFS player but he's being put forward as a value play there. In my 14 teamer I'm seriously considering playing Dak over Carson.  Palmer just give me a bad vibe opening the season against BB.

Who is playing Dak this week and over who?

Anybody bold enough to start Prescott this week.  I'm not a big DFS player but he's being put forward as a value play there. In my 14 teamer I'm seriously considering playing Dak over Carson.  Palmer just give me a bad vibe opening the season against BB.

I'm really tempted to roll the dice but can't play him over Bortles. Not yet anyway. 

I am all in this week and kind of excited about it...I was able to get Brady at a price that made too much sense in my auction...caught me a little off-guard by the value...on draft night I also grabbed Mariota and Jimmy G...after the smoke cleared I dropped Jimmy G for Dak and will roll the dice on him at home against a questionable D...if he's a legit (and he looked just awesome in preseason) it will help me get to Brady in week 5...if not I drop him for another waiver option and figure it out with that QB and Mariota......that being said because I have Brady I am probably in a different spot than most owners who probably have a better option as far as actually starting him... 

I am all in this week and kind of excited about it...I was able to get Brady at a price that made too much sense in my auction...caught me a little off-guard by the value...on draft night I also grabbed Mariota and Jimmy G...after the smoke cleared I dropped Jimmy G for Dak and will roll the dice on him at home against a questionable D...if he's a legit (and he looked just awesome in preseason) it will help me get to Brady in week 5...if not I drop him for another waiver option and figure it out with that QB and Mariota......that being said because I have Brady I am probably in a different spot than most owners who probably have a better option as far as actually starting him... 
I'm in a similar boat as a Brady owner. I liked what I saw in preseason and I believe his rushing ability can make up for a mistake here and there. As of now I'm rolling with him over Brock O., RG3 and Flacco. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys are leaving "the door cracked slightly" for Dak Prescott to supplant Tony Romo (back, out indefinitely) as the starter.
With Romo out until at least the middle of October, Prescott will get the opportunity to make several starts early in the year. If he shows like he did in the preseason, the Cowboys -- who have already invoked the names of Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady -- would have a tough time sending the rookie to the bench. Prescott is unlikely to play at that level, however, and Romo will almost certainly be the starter whenever he is healthy.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Kid looks very impressive.  Wish Denver had listened to what I said in the first post and grabbef Dak in the mid rounds rather than moving up to grab Lynch.  I still think Lynch will be a very good QB, but so will Dak. 

Where do you guys slot him in this week? Start over whom? Bears defense is atrocious but he really hasn't done a whole lot, yet I'm really tempted to start him over guys I shouldnt

Where do you guys slot him in this week? Start over whom? Bears defense is atrocious but he really hasn't done a whole lot, yet I'm really tempted to start him over guys I shouldnt
Theres a chance ya might want to post in the coachs assistant forum..

Im already starting to see things I dont like

But it could be much worse too i suppose

This is what's going to happen and it's going to be hilariously just like the Cowboys.  Dak does well to get them in the playoffs, maybe even home field advantage, and then they're going to think they need veteran presence to win these playoff games so they decide to play Romo.  Then in Cowboys fashion, Romo is going to f it all up somehow with a bonehead play and it's going to be almost as sad as the Browns as a franchise

This is what's going to happen and it's going to be hilariously just like the Cowboys.  Dak does well to get them in the playoffs, maybe even home field advantage, and then they're going to think they need veteran presence to win these playoff games so they decide to play Romo.  Then in Cowboys fashion, Romo is going to f it all up somehow with a bonehead play and it's going to be almost as sad as the Browns as a franchise

This post says a lot more about you then the Cowboys. 

As a Cowboys fan, I kinda like the idea of rollin with Dak until he has his inevitable rookie growing pains......bring in a fresh, fully healed Romo for (hopefully) a playoff push.........if Dak never slows up, keep rollin.....time for Romo to be a coach.

From what I'm understanding this is officially Dak's team.

Congrats to him on a job well done!

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread