Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: Patriots TE Hunter Henry - Bill Belichick cares nothing about your fantasy football team

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could not disagree with this more. Consider: Out of 150 TEs graded for the season to date, PFF grades Henry as the #3 overall TE, #4 at receiving, and #5 at run blocking. Out of 47 TEs wi

Funny how the #2 TE for the Chargers has over twice as many receptions, nearly 3 times the yardage and double the TDs of the still #1 TE for the Chargers.

Steven A still has him winning the MVP. 

4 minutes ago, starks said:

Fractured knee?  Ugh!

Antonio Gates please pick up the white courtesy phone...

yes, tibial plateau I believe is what JJ Watt had. Season ending and if you search the interwebs for JJ Watt's scar, its a legit surgery.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

made of glass.

dont worry, next year will be the year! amiright

That's what I said before the season.  Every year is gonna be /the year/ for this guy until he can't walk any more, and even then some people will expect him to jazzy scoot his way to a top te finish

• Laughing 1

i've seen 4-6 weeks, but like others have said, i thought other players have missed much more significant time with this injury.

should he be dropped?  don't like to carry 2 TEs, though I had to grab someone else for the moment.

I feel like he is more likely than not to be irrelevant fantasy-wise overall this year at this point.

2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

i've seen 4-6 weeks, but like others have said, i thought other players have missed much more significant time with this injury.

should he be dropped?  don't like to carry 2 TEs, though I had to grab someone else for the moment.

I feel like he is more likely than not to be irrelevant fantasy-wise overall this year at this point.

It really depends on the severity.

7 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Unless very deep rosters  or is TE-premium, I'd dump him to the wire.

If not dumping now, one likely will be when byes come about. Might as well try to find some potential during that time.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

made of glass.

dont worry, next year will be the year! amiright

yeah, he should really work on his kidney so it doesn't get lacerated so easily.    this injury was from taking a helmet to the knee, and he played on it after he was injured.   I get that three injuries in three years makes him seem snakebit, but it's not like his body is breaking down from roids.   he had an ACL tear and two essentially freak injuries.

19 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

That's what I said before the season.  Every year is gonna be /the year/ for this guy until he can't walk any more, and even then some people will expect him to jazzy scoot his way to a top te finish

Good lord. The guy is going into his 3rd year. Solid rookie season and then the ACL in preseason last year. You act like this has been going on for 5 years. 

27 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Guy has some talent and it seemed like he was heading for a breakout year if he could stay healthy.  Feel bad for him.   

Yes, especially because this is a contract year for him. I assume the Chargers will re-sign him, but he probably lost a lot of money here if this turns out to be season ending.

7 minutes ago, efactor said:

Good lord. The guy is going into his 3rd year. Solid rookie season and then the ACL in preseason last year. You act like this has been going on for 5 years. 

This is his 4th season. Has has missed at least 1 game due to injury in each season, and has played in just 31 of a possible 51 games in his career so far. We now know he will miss at least 4 more.

From the San Diego Union

"The bad news is one never wants to have a fracture, and he will miss time. The good news is this is not season-ending, nor is it comparable to Watt’s displaced fracture that required immediate surgery. Henry should not need any formal surgery with placement of metal, as Watt did.

Henry’s fracture is the kind that cannot be seen on X-ray, so it is hard to place any blame on the medical staff for allowing him to return to the game. Certainly, kudos are due to Henry for toughing it out and continuing to play. And no, there is no indication that he made it worse.

The fracture was likely discovered via MRI. The team can’t risk making it worse with another blow even though he seemed to play well after. Of course, with swelling, Henry is in more pain today and it makes sense he would be using crutches.

The expected return is a minimum of 4-6 weeks, but the team could decide to be safe and use injured reserve with the plan to bring him back. His season is definitely not over. There are even some new techniques to inject calcium into the fracture area to enhance healing and allow for earlier return."

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

2 years ago I thought I was set in dynasty with him and Reed. 

Whoever I have at TE gets hurt. All the time. 

Jermichael Finley too. 

I think we share TEs, HUnter, Eifert, Njoku are mine, but I added and maybe cursed Hock this year by taking him.

1 hour ago, killface said:

him and Eifert should do a reality tv show of te's that coulda, shoulda, woulda

No kidding. I've traded for and currently own both in my dyno. Got Eifert at a bargain price a couple years ago after his injuries, but paid 2 1sts for Henry after his rookie season :bag:

2 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I was lucky enough to get Hock last night (25%), I dropped Henry this afternoon when I saw this news

I can’t carry 2 TEs

18 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:
3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I was lucky enough to get Hock last night (25%), I dropped Henry this afternoon when I saw this news

I can’t carry 2 TEs

Dropped as well.  In a 10 team, no reason to hold 2

Pretty bummed out on this. I was a big Hunter Henry fan last year prior to the injury...I see no reason to hang on to him when he isn't likely to be close to 100% in even 6 weeks. It could take another couple weeks to round back into game shape...I'll let someone else run to grab him for a later date this season. 

• Like 1

I am fortunate enough that I drafted Henry in my league where we have 9 bench spots, and I also drafted Hockenson. I’m debating whether to hold or not (I’m not currently carrying a backup QB). I saw the play and I posted in the game thread when he limped off. Amazing that he was able to play effectively after the hit, he’s a tough SOB. Sucks that he’s hurt again. Looks like an elite talent when he’s healthy and in the field. 

• 3 weeks later...

Desperate OJ Howard owner wondering if now is the time to strike picking up Henry or if you play it cute and wait a little more to maximize roster space:

Hunter Henry (knee) worked out in Wednesday's portion of practice open to the media.

It's the first time Henry's been spotted doing individual work following Los Angeles' season opener. Coach Anthony Lynn made it clear from the beginning that the team wouldn't put the 24-year-old on injured reserve, and it's been three weeks to the day since Henry started rehabbing. He's worth a speculative add on deeper rosters, though it's unlikely he suits up until (at the very least) Week 8.

• Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: Patriots TE Hunter Henry - Bill Belichick cares nothing about your fantasy football team