What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Hunter Henry, NE (2 Viewers)

3 games, 2 goose eggs.  Not good.
Played him week one, dropped him before week 2 game, picked him up week 3(fortunately left him on my bench) but will be dropping him week 3. Experts all saying now that Gates has that record setting TD it will be Henry going forward!

Played him week one, dropped him before week 2 game, picked him up week 3(fortunately left him on my bench) but will be dropping him week 3. Experts all saying now that Gates has that record setting TD it will be Henry going forward!
It isn't just the experts, just watch them, Henry is a better player right now. Is the Charger line that bad where he has to stay in and block?

I can't figure this one out. This is most perplexing usage of a player I can recall. And yes I own him in fantasy but Charger fans are every bit as confused as fantasy owners.

This would be easier to somewhat graps if HH could not block but there is nothing in his game that should keep him off the field.

He did get one more snap then Gates but only ran 14 routes.

Again I can't grasp that, I can't make any sense of how he can catch all 7 targets in one game and not get a single target the other 2 games. And watching both of those games I felt it was a pre-determined game plan which makes it all the more confusing. Not some kind of game flow situation or anything, a game plan that treated him as basically like a street FA 3rd-4th string blocking TE. Heck the third string TE even got a target.

I truly wish he's complain about his role, maybe he will but does not seem like his thing but if I'm him I want and need and explanation. I think his dad fired off a tweet last night saying the reason the Charger are losing the battle of LA is they won't throw him the ball, I'd be all for him encouraging his son to start griping-this is nonsense. This is a question that badly needs to be asked of Chargers staff this week by beat writers, why has the gameplan two of three weeks this season been designed to remove Hunter Henry's ability to impact the game?

My biggest fear is SD has a horrible season, and after it forces Rivers to rethink things (since he didn't wanna go to LA anyway), and shock retires. Then all the SD receivers are screwed.

As a former Ladarius Green owner I feel your pain.

i feel like Gates' lock on the job keeps holding back more talented guys....and Gates is always the worse blocker, so he gets to run more routes....and Rivers really really likes Gates...at some point Gates will be done, but who knows when

Somehow I've netted 3 total TE points this season yet my team is 2-1...

Echoing others, Hunter's use has been absolutely baffling, but I will stubbornly continue to hold.  In some ways I think the Chargers' 0-3 start is a good thing in this situation; one would think that pure desperation would move them to start actually using their skilled position players.

The Chargers personnel groups and utilization patterns have been suboptimal. The play calling has been abysmal. This coaching staff, apart from Bradley, has been awful so far.

The Chargers personnel groups and utilization patterns have been suboptimal. The play calling has been abysmal. This coaching staff, apart from Bradley, has been awful so far.
Don't let Bradley off the hook. The Chargers are allowing 4.7 ypc, allowing scores on 40.6% of opponent drives, and only have 2 turnovers. All of those marks place them in the bottom 25% of the league so far. The pass defense has been solid, thanks to a strong pass rush from Bosa and Ingram.

Don't let Bradley off the hook. The Chargers are allowing 4.7 ypc, allowing scores on 40.6% of opponent drives, and only have 2 turnovers. All of those marks place them in the bottom 25% of the league so far. The pass defense has been solid, thanks to a strong pass rush from Bosa and Ingram.
They don't have the personnel to stop the run. Haven't in many years. They've also lost their #1 CB and #1 ILB since the start of preseason. Rivers set the Chiefs up with short fields a couple of times yesterday. I don't know how much of that to put on Bradley.

I have to give him credit for seemingly being very creative in amplifying the impact of the good players he does have. Just watching where Bosa and Ingram line up play to play has been interesting. Seems like it's been having an effect on Liuget too, he's been way more involved this year than ever before.

Henry clearly has talent, but unfortunately there are a lot of mouths to feed on that offense. And when Mike Williams gets on the field, that's another piece of the pie.

Henry clearly has talent, but unfortunately there are a lot of mouths to feed on that offense. And when Mike Williams gets on the field, that's another piece of the pie.
If the offense was working Henry would be fine. But it's totally off the rails in a way I haven't seen since before Drew Brees was the QB - like 14 years.

henry is a joy to watch.

and if you watch the games, he's pretty involved in the red zone. even last game, he was in there near the goalline on most plays. and he looks so much better than anyone else out there...

his usage has been puzzling but i'd expect that to keep growing. and even with some spotty usuage, he's still top 10 right now. there's still a decent chance the kid ends up a plus TE down the stretch.

hope you didn't drop him.

Didn't watch this game so it would be useful to hear from anyone who did. 8 targets is great; in terms of only three catches, anything to be concerned of there? It feels like Henry's usage is ticking up. On Red Zone, saw him split out wide more frequently (although not a perfect sample size).

Didn't watch this game so it would be useful to hear from anyone who did. 8 targets is great; in terms of only three catches, anything to be concerned of there? It feels like Henry's usage is ticking up. On Red Zone, saw him split out wide more frequently (although not a perfect sample size).
Really close to a 2nd TD. Rivers needed to get the ball up just a little higher. It definitely seemed like they were trying to use him more today, not just leaving him in to block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems as the season goes, LA is figuring out their options. Right now it seems Henry is #3 behind Allen and Gordon, as I've said previously arguably the #1 when in the red zone.

Trending up big time. He's providing a lot of consistency for fantasy owners the past few weeks now that the offense is figuring out what works. I see that continuing through the season.

Seems as the season goes, LA is figuring out their options. Right now it seems Henry is #3 behind Allen and Gordon, as I've said previously arguably the #1 when in the red zone.

Trending up big time. He's providing a lot of consistency for fantasy owners the past few weeks now that the offense is figuring out what works. I see that continuing through the season.
Definitely. It's been a tough position this year outside of Gronk, Ertz and a couple of others. consistency at this position is very difficult to find, like this guy and his rest of year outlook a lot.

Picked him up as Kelce insurance 

i signed him to a three year deal as zach ertz insurance, also on a three year deal.

together they cost 80% of kelce's $$ and 50% of gronk's.

i'll take it especially since we have a WR3/TE flex spot...

The offense is trending up as well.  The playcalling has been solid and rivers seems to be in a good place. I think they beat Denver this week

HH's snap counts are way up 2 weeks in a row, 59/75 & 54/65. And he's been 2nd and 3rd in targets the last 2 weeks. He's been looking ready to be a premium player since last year but the Chargers' usage of him has been so inconsistent. 

Anyone with 2 TE's trying to figure out who to drop?

Short bench league.  I have Graham whose cleared bye, but Lamar Miller was dropped. Likely will drop Henry for him.  Top 200 forward has Henry ahead of Graham only because he has 1 more game to play.

Anyone with 2 TE's trying to figure out who to drop?

Short bench league.  I have Graham whose cleared bye, but Lamar Miller was dropped. Likely will drop Henry for him.  Top 200 forward has Henry ahead of Graham only because he has 1 more game to play.
I'd still keep Henry. Redzone opportunity. Uptick in usage. More pass happy offense. Chargers will probably be trailing more than the Hawks will. Henry is option 3 at worst. Graham is option 2 at worst. Just my  :2cents:

Why the hell would someone drop lamar miller
exactly.  It's a short bench league.  Start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D (4 bench)

I'm just having a hard time justifying dropping Henry or Graham.  If I drop Graham. I'll have to drop Henry Week 9 for his bye most likely and not be guaranteed to get him back.

I guess I'm thinking is Graham is fairly close to Henry and has served his bye.

Because he's garbage?
RB15 ROS 135 projected points in line with other solid WR2's

Not to hijack sorry.

Back to Henry.  It seems the Top200 forward TE's list 4-11 changes weekly anyways.  Doyle was 4 last week, has a good game, now is 11.

Users who are viewing this thread