What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Jonathan Williams, Lions (1 Viewer)

mcd said:
He averaged 3.5 yards a carry (27 carries) during his rookie year, coming back from a major injury that ended his college career and dropped him in the draft. It's  pretty limited sample size since turning pro, especially coming off the injury and missing most of last years offseason.

He looked like a better player this offseason, starting 3 preseason games and averaging close to 6 yards a carry.

He's not a superstar talent but with the Giants or Eagles he could make some noise.
He's a rather poor talent actually. It doesn't make sense but not due to Williams athletic prowess. They aren't even pretending to go find a credible backup to McCoy. Matt Jones, McNichols even a back like DJ Foster would be reasonable to make this move. A 55 year old fullback does not.

He's a rather poor talent actually. It doesn't make sense but not due to Williams athletic prowess. They aren't even pretending to go find a credible backup to McCoy. Matt Jones, McNichols even a back like DJ Foster would be reasonable to make this move. A 55 year old fullback does not.
This.  Sounds like they want to find the next franchise QB with their very high 2018 first round draft pick.

yesterday i thought his dyno value was relatively unchanged.

today, i think it took a huge hit...

Not one team thought he was worth a waiver claim. That tells me his perceived value is very low and he is no longer rosterable in any but dynasty leagues with very deep rosters.  Not sure why people here were so hyped on him.

Now I have to decide whether to drop williams or deangelo Henderson to elevate mccaffery from my practice squad for week 1.  

I gotta at least wait to see if someone signs him tomorrow no?

Pip's Invitation said:
This has the makings of Schiano Part 2.
I have a lot of confidence in the running backs behind LeSean in Mike Tolbert, Joe Banyard, Taiwan Jones. We feel good about those guys.

This quote alone would worry me if I was a Bills fan. What a collection of dreck.

It's so bad that Jets fans don't even have any hopes to be trampled upon. Hard to find disappointment when you begin dead in the water.

Which means the Jets will start 4-2 and give some hope. Don't know how, haven't even looked at the schedule. But a season without Jets heartbreak is not an NFL season, so fates gotta have its way. 

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Broncos are signing former #Bills RB Jonathan Williams to their practice squad, source said. He gets a whopping $510,000 salary.

the $$$ makes me think he had active roster offers, for what it's worth. it's right at second year vet minimum and about 400k over practice squad minimum.

Gotta wonder if this means Denver are not sold on Charles and/or Booker's injury is worse than they thought. It's a large salary to pay for a PS player - especially if they were happy with their existing options?

Hmmmm.  And I was contemplating whether to drop williams or deangelo Henderson.  Only to learn that williams and Henderson might end up competing for relevance in a crowded broncos backfield soon.  Lol. 

bumping this.

how long is jonathan worth a hold in a deep league while he remains on the practice squad. and do the signings of langford and CJ0k to other teams discourage you?

i have a suspicion he's going to be a waiver wire darling at some point this year and i'm keeping a bench spot for him but that decision is going to be a bit harder once we get into the bye weeks and injuries start rearing their ugly head.

i feel like if booker makes a game day roster over him, that might be time to completely give up on him and cut bait since it'll have given the broncos a few weeks to assess their talents side by side and i think activating booker before jonathan is probably a sign of how they feel about their futures.

any others holding out hope on him? and what would you need to see to keep him through the season?

Obviously losing Lasco created a need on the roster for a RB.  

The slightly interesting part of this is that the Saints have an out next year in Ingram's contract, if they want to use it.  Ingram is playing out of his mind, but cutting him would save the Saints $4.6MM in cap space.  Williams is also reuniting with his old RBs coach.

Hmm, could be interesting. Ingram has only played 16 games in two out of six years. 

Can't see the Saints cutting Ingram to save $4.6M, but Williams might get a game or two to audition for a role somewhere next year.

Hmm, could be interesting. Ingram has only played 16 games in two out of six years. 

Can't see the Saints cutting Ingram to save $4.6M, but Williams might get a game or two to audition for a role somewhere next year.
He signed a 2-year deal in NO (rest of this year and 2018).

Audition? You see the clinching a bye early?

Audition? You see the clinching a bye early?
His previous post referenced Ingram’s injury history, so I presume he means Williams might get some run if we consider Ingram’s last injuries a potential predictor of future ones. 

This is a good spot, the OL is playing out of their minds right now. I might take a flier in my deeper leagues where I'm looking for high upside lottery tickets. 

This is a good spot, the OL is playing out of their minds right now. I might take a flier in my deeper leagues where I'm looking for high upside lottery tickets. 
True that the Saints running backs have been successful this year. For fantasy purposes In the past I've hated how Payton uses his RBs and even with the current success I'm still leery of Sean Payton.  As for Williams, he's 3rd on the totem pole at best.  I guess he's a decent at the end of bench stash but we've played this game a couple of times with this player.

The Advocate's Nick Underhill believes Saints RB Jonathan Williams is "making a run up the depth chart".

Williams played only four snaps in the Saints' preseason opener, finishing with a final rushing line of 4-26-1. He's currently competing with Terrance West (5-10-0 Thursday) to become Mark Ingram's fill-in while the latter is suspended for the first four games. As it stands, Williams has a leg up on goal-line work over West, Shane Vereen, Trey Edmunds, and sixth-round rookie Boston Scott.

Related: Saints

Source: The New Orleans Advocate 

Aug 13 - 3:44 PM

Was hoping Rotoworld wouldn't pick this up, but it's not just that article ... Twitter has been abuzz.

https://twitter.com/rotowiremario/status/1029089445214146561

https://twitter.com/TheSaintsWire/status/1029051062731173888

https://twitter.com/breakingnonews/status/1028789310676459520

https://twitter.com/FFesq/status/1028709511471611904

https://twitter.com/BayouPreps/status/1028687658913030144

There's been questions about what the Saints would do with Ingram, about whether or not they'd trade him or Payton would put him in the doghouse when he does return.  Williams is a young guy, playing for the same coach that worked with him at Arkansas.  Numerous writers have said he's running like a man possessed as soon as the pads came on.  Giddy up.

Users who are viewing this thread