Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Kenyan Drake, LV

20 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

What role did he fill on people's rosters? Or, what role was he supposed to fill when you drafted him? He was my RB2. 

:yucky:

I own him in my one and only dynasty league. Picked him up last season for nothing off waivers right after the Ajayi trade. 

Really disappointed in how the Dolphins are not committing to a running game......I don’t think this has anything to do with Drakes abilities right now. 

Time will tell if things turn around.

Was counting on him to be a dynamic PPR RB2 with upside to a #1. He was a #1 when he played last season. Was putting up monster games.

Edited by Todem

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

Benchable? At this point he's flat out droppable.

Idk abt that...he has the talent to be good and it’s not like he is getting a bunch of chances and not doing good with them...he has had what 3 and 5 carries the last 2 weeks and a target or 2 in each of those so he just isn’t getting the touches. Idk if that’s gonna change but I feel like it will

Edited by Bfrahm3

Drake is probably the worst bid I have ever won in my 20 years of auction leagues. I regretted him as soon as I won the bid. 

I have no idea why he is still on my roster and why I am finding it hard to drop him. He is horrible. His stats are horrible. 

• Like 1

The whole thing is puzzling. Very puzzling. We can't even say he is not good....because he is not touching the ball the last two weeks. 

He had a fantastic summer, and looked great in practices, pre-season....and we all know how dominant he was last season when he got the gig.

This is just perplexing right now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

great player just dumb coach under utilizing.. thats going to change soon .. hope gore gets hurt 

That's morbid.   

Drake is averaging 3.2 yards per carry.  5.5 Yards per rec.

We're 4 games (1/4 the season) in.  43 touches.  The coach isn't using him correctly, small sample size etc, but at some point, the proof is in the pudding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I really don't get it. Similar to what the Lions are doing with Kerryon and Blount. Why wouldn't teams want their young explosive versatile playmakers touching the ball 15 times a game?

It's crazy.  Not sure if they're 'saving them' or trying to keep them fresh, but it's not working.  That said, running the ball is way down this year anyways and what few times teams are running the ball, it's usually split up.  Get Drake going and in a rhythm please. 

I don't get it either. You would think that the 2nd half yesterday would be a perfect time for Drake to pile up air yards in garbage time.

This is the guy on your team can that can turn a swing pass into a 65-yard scamper to the house. He had lots of big plays like that at the end of last season.

At the very least, Drake should've had like 8 receptions yesterday while playing catch-up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deamon said:

It's crazy.  Not sure if they're 'saving them' or trying to keep them fresh, but it's not working.  That said, running the ball is way down this year anyways and what few times teams are running the ball, it's usually split up.  Get Drake going and in a rhythm please. 

I don't expect a lot of carries given the state of the league but also wouldn't we think Drake is one of their better options in the passing game? He should be getting 6+ targets a game. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jello_Biafra said:

They are 3-1 and don't care about Drake's stats. Whatever is working they will continue to do. He has to flash something at some point that inspires the coach to use him more. Winning is not helping Drake at all. 

LOL......

Week 1 - 66 total yards 3 receptions Dolphins (1-0)

Week 2 - 70 total yards and a TD 4 receptions Dolphins (2-0)

Week 3 - 16 yards 1 reception - The team was off the field as Oakland dominated TOP, and if not for two trick plays.....and a key interception they would have lost.

Weel 4 - 38-7 loss and he got 3 touches.......the gameplan....well again...what gameplan??? Inept play calling and execution.

Yeah ok.

He sucks......that must be it!!!

Weeks 3 and 4 the offense has not really worked. Again week 3 they pulled that game out of their ###. And we know what happened in week 4. 

If this team wants to win they better get Drake involved like last season or they will win 6-7 games tops like I thought before the season started. They can’t win on the back of Ryan Tannehill. He is not that kind of QB.....but Gase can’t seem to commit to the run.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Always be afraid of RBs that break out at the end of the season. 

Also always be afraid of players on the Dolphins.  

I'm a huge Dolphins fan and I watch every game.  This rule has served me well over the last decade.  Other than occasionally streaming K, D/ST, or Tannehill, I'm not sure I've owned a single Dolphins player in the last 10 years. 

Occasionally one will pan out (e.g. Landry had some solid years recently), but they're almost always overvalued at draft time. Even the bad ones are overvalued.  They're worse than you think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, elmanx said:

Also always be afraid of players on the Dolphins.  

I'm a huge Dolphins fan and I watch every game.  This rule has served me well over the last decade.  Other than occasionally streaming K, D/ST, or Tannehill, I'm not sure I've owned a single Dolphins player in the last 10 years. 

Occasionally one will pan out (e.g. Landry had some solid years recently), but they're almost always overvalued at draft time. Even the bad ones are overvalued.  They're worse than you think.

I had amazing years from:

Dan Marino (yeah been playing FF that long)

OJ McDuffie

Mark Clayton

Mark Higgs

Lamar Smith

Ricky Williams

Lamar Miller

Tony Martin

Jarvis Landry

Kenyon Drake (led me to a 2nd place finish last season in the same dynasty league I have been in forever)

Not all bad. But man......just found out Kilgore is out of the year joining Josh Sitton. BRTUAL. OL injuries are brutal. This team is cursed.

Edited by Todem

40 minutes ago, Todem said:

LOL......

Week 1 - 66 total yards 3 receptions Dolphins (1-0)

Week 2 - 70 total yards and a TD 4 receptions Dolphins (2-0)

Week 3 - 16 yards 1 reception - The team was off the field as Oakland dominated TOP, and if not for two trick plays.....and a key interception they would have lost.

Weel 4 - 38-7 loss and he got 3 touches.......the gameplan....well again...what gameplan??? Inept play calling and execution.

Yeah ok.

He sucks......that must be it!!!

Weeks 3 and 4 the offense has not really worked. Again week 3 they pulled that game out of their ###. And we know what happened in week 4. 

If this team wants to win they better get Drake involved like last season or they will win 6-7 games tops like I thought before the season started. They can’t win on the back of Ryan Tannehill. He is not that kind of QB.....but Gase can’t seem to commit to the run.

What does this have to do with what I posted?

5 minutes ago, Todem said:

I had amazing years from:

Dan Marino (yeah been playing FF that long)

OJ McDuffie

Mark Clayton

Mark Higgs

Lamar Smith

Ricky Williams

Lamar Miller

Tony Martin

Jarvis Landry

Kenyon Drake (led me to a 2nd place finish last season in the same dynasty league I have been in forever)

Not all bad. But man......just found out Kilgore is out of the year joining Josh Sitton. BRTUAL. OL injuries are brutal. This team is cursed.

You may have missed the part in my post where I said last decade.  All but Landry are prior to that. 

To make it completely clear, I didn't apply that rule in the past and had many of the same guys that you've got on your list. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SCT said:

I thought Gase was supposed to be a rb guru coach?

It's easy to look like a genius when Peyton Manning is ignoring your "coordinating."

Edited by Chaka
  • Like 3

How many times will Tannehill throw down field into double coverage before he deciedes to dump it off to his running back with lots of space? Apparently all game. Not sure if it comes from coaching or an inability to see the field and take what's given.

Edited by cloppbeast

7 hours ago, Chaka said:

And I honestly don't think he was ever known as a running game guy.

He wasn't. He motivated Jay Cutler which is no small accomplishment. But otherwise not a good coach. Especially for Rb.

Drake wasnt used much at the college level either. He is fast but otherwise not that good. (Sorry todem but he isnt) People got fooled by a few good games at the end of last season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

He wasn't. He motivated Jay Cutler which is no small accomplishment. But otherwise not a good coach. Especially for Rb.

Drake wasnt used much at the college level either. He is fast but otherwise not that good. (Sorry todem but he isnt) People got fooled by a few good games at the end of last season.

What about all the preseason hype by many experts and his coaches about how great he was going to be this year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

He looked very good last season and I am not sure being stuck behind Lacy, Yeldon & Henry is a final indicator of not being that good overall.

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

He looked very good last season and I am not sure being stuck behind Lacy, Yeldon & Henry is a final indicator of not being that good overall.

I agree it may not be.

At the same time there are reasons why he wasnt able to earn more opportunity and those things still exist for him.

He does not run well between the tackles in a sustainable way.

3 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

this is true. He was known as a QB guy. But that was really because he fixed Cutler for a year. That is it.

Pretty brutal loss though, I don't know how they don't give Drake ~15 touches or so.

6 minutes ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

Bs people give this guy 15-20 carries a game and he will pop 100 yards each and every time along 5 receptions.. Drake is good and the reason they got rid of Ajayi..  Noone can do crap if you give them 4 carries a game 

Nick Chubb (week 4): 3 carries, 105 yards, 2 TDs:bag:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

Bs people give this guy 15-20 carries a game and he will pop 100 yards each and every time along 5 receptions.. Drake is good and the reason they got rid of Ajayi..  Noone can do crap if you give them 4 carries a game 

I mean at some point, you've got to show you're effective.  He's gotten 33 carries.  He's averaging 3.2 yards per carry.  I can live with "he'd get you more yards if he got more touches," but he is highly ineffective with the touches he is getting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

A few good games? Biabreakable......I watched all of them. He was legit last season. He is simply not getting the touches. You can't put up numbers when the gameplan is not focusing on you. 

This is not 15 carries for 20 yards. Nothing like that at all. Going to heavily disagree with you. He was also clogged in a long line of great Alabama backs. Once he got a chance to get some volume last season....he took flight.

They need to let him loose again and commit to Drake. Not trying to constantly throw the ball downfield. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

I mean at some point, you've got to show you're effective.  He's gotten 33 carries.  He's averaging 3.2 yards per carry.  I can live with "he'd get you more yards if he got more touches," but he is highly ineffective with the touches he is getting.

I am sorry....but weeks 3 and 4 he has not been given any chance to get into any kind of rhythm. 

I have a strong strong feeling he is going to be featured this weekend vs a weak Bengals defense. If not.....to bench he must go.

I am giving him (Gase to be frank) one more week to show me what he did last season. He was a thing of beauty. He was one of best RB's in the second half of last season. He was that good. And it was not by accident. He is explosive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SCT said:

What about all the preseason hype by many experts and his coaches about how great he was going to be this year?

He looked fantastic this summer in camp and his limited touches in pre-season he was getting chunk yardage.

They simply have not committed to a running game thus far. And they better because Tannehill is no elite QB.

• Joe Bryant changed the title to RB Kenyan Drake, LV