What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenyan Drake, LV (2 Viewers)

For another thing, in pre-season he's been asked to pass block on a high percentage of pass plays. What's up with that?
To see if he can hold up in that important role so that they can keep him on the field more to get those 15+ carries.

Seeing what players are capable of is kind of the point of preseason.

I don't mind taking a shot on a guy that is super explosive and can catch really well. It's no coincidence that the top RB's are all pass catchers. 

In for a big year. He simply produces. Elite speed. Great hands. Will be a RB1, drafted as a RB2 in most leagues.

I love the kid. He showed me all I needed to see last season. And he has been dazzling in camp/pre-season and Gore has been a fantastic mentor for him to teach him how to become a true professional in his preparation. 

Drake is a 3 down stud.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for a big year. He simply produces. Elite speed. Great hands. Will be a RB1, drafted as a RB2 in most leagues.

I love the kid. He showed me all I needed to see last season. And he has been dazzling in camp/pre-season and Gore has been a fantastic mentor for him to teach him how to become a true professional in his preparation. 

Drake is a 3 down stud.
Gore won't be on the bench. Drake won't be playing all 3 downs all the time

I’ve been burned by way way way too many MIA RBs in the past but Drake looks like the real deal.
I always liked owning Ronnie Brown.

But yeah, Drake is super talented. A majority of my drafts happen next week and I'm going to make sure to grab some shares. I have some concerns about the offense and his durability but it's always smart to chase talent. It's sort of how I view Diggs (durability wise). 

I always liked owning Ronnie Brown.

But yeah, Drake is super talented. A majority of my drafts happen next week and I'm going to make sure to grab some shares. I have some concerns about the offense and his durability but it's always smart to chase talent. It's sort of how I view Diggs (durability wise). 
 I love Ronnie Brown… I had of the year the wildcat was introduced, and he was the top scoring player in the league, including quarterbacks. And then he got hurt and my season went the toilet.   It was very sad and I’m sure you all care very much. :lol:  

My point is that Gore is there for more than 2 plays a game. ;) (Obviously I'm exaggerating)
Of course he is. Drake won't get Bell, Gurley, Zeke etc type volume and because Miami looks like a bad team on paper he may not fall in the next group of RBs but I think he at least needs to be considered with them when evaluating how much volume he will get.

Of course he is. Drake won't get Bell, Gurley, Zeke etc type volume and because Miami looks like a bad team on paper he may not fall in the next group of RBs but I think he at least needs to be considered with them when evaluating how much volume he will get.
Imo Drake’s upside depends on whether they use Gore to vulture short yard TDs. 

If that happens, Drake is a rock solid RB2, PPR he’s a RB1B/C

If Drake is in at the stripe, he’s a value pick. 

Capped by Miami’s potentially mediocre offense. 

That said, Miami has some weapons - and I like Tannehill. He gets no respect but he has a bit of upside. 

Imo Drake’s upside depends on whether they use Gore to vulture short yard TDs. 

If that happens, Drake is a rock solid RB2, PPR he’s a RB1B/C

If Drake is in at the stripe, he’s a value pick. 

Capped by Miami’s potentially mediocre offense. 

That said, Miami has some weapons - and I like Tannehill. He gets no respect but he has a bit of upside. 
I'm more worried about the offense as a whole than Gore vulturing TDs.

Gore is stout but Drake is a pretty big guy and I think will garner plenty of opportunities inside the five.

Buy I think it is unlikely he gets double digits TDs unless he breaks a few long ones because this doesn't look like a very good team on paper.

Huge fan.  Thought he was way underdrafted coming out of college and was expecting big things in the NFL despite the slow start.  Breakout imminent.  

So, with this new coach-speak from Gase, where are we ranking Drake? Would you still draft A. Collins over him or has Drake leaped him (I typically see those 2 right by each other in the RB Rankings)?

For my own selfish reasons, I can choose to keep 1 and and was 100% sold on Collins ahead of him, but after seeing Drake in the preseason & hearing what Gase is saying about him getting touches & passes, I'm starting to rethink ranking Collins above him. 

So, with this new coach-speak from Gase, where are we ranking Drake? Would you still draft A. Collins over him or has Drake leaped him (I typically see those 2 right by each other in the RB Rankings)?

For my own selfish reasons, I can choose to keep 1 and and was 100% sold on Collins ahead of him, but after seeing Drake in the preseason & hearing what Gase is saying about him getting touches & passes, I'm starting to rethink ranking Collins above him. 
Drake. Triple threat with less competition.

Collins gets the nod for the offense he’s in. The Ravens are a better team than the dolphins (until the dolphins show me otherwise) - Collins produced the way he did with far worse WRs to keep defensss honest, and still performed incredibly well. 

Collins will also be in at the stripe, whereas I truly believe Gore will be a vulture.

but the fact that the Ravens should produce sustainable drives is what gives Collins more value. More touches, more production. 

Also you won’t have to draft any Dolphins this way, which is a plus in my book. 

Collins gets the nod for the offense he’s in. The Ravens are a better team than the dolphins (until the dolphins show me otherwise) - Collins produced the way he did with far worse WRs to keep defensss honest, and still performed incredibly well. 

Collins will also be in at the stripe, whereas I truly believe Gore will be a vulture.

but the fact that the Ravens should produce sustainable drives is what gives Collins more value. More touches, more production. 

might be the most compelling reason I've read

Dallas has just as bad an offense, but no-one is worrying about Zeke. Drake won't get that volume, but there is no reason why he can't put up big numbers.
Also, I'm not saying he can't put up big numbers. He's already being drafted as a RB2 with upside, so we clearly think he has the talent + potential for a good season. Personally, I'm just internally debating where I'd rank him among those other RB2's. 

Allen was one of the most effective short-yardage runners in the League last year. He was consistently brought in to spell Collins even late in the season when Collins market share went up. we have seen the inexplicable way in which Baltimore chooses to spell Collins and it's been very frustrating for all of us and that same coaching staff is still in place.

And now hit we have the additional issue of Kenneth Dixon being back and healthy.

and Baltimore may be a better team than Miami but that doesn't mean that they're a good team.

Baltimore also doesn't get four games against the Jets and bills and two blowouts vs the Patriots who have a pretty mediocre defense themselves.

I have Collins and Drake right next to each other on my draft board right now. I could see myself going either way on Saturday, right now I say Drake.

Dallas has just as bad an offense, but no-one is worrying about Zeke. Drake won't get that volume, but there is no reason why he can't put up big numbers.
There are two main reasons why people (or at least I) worry about the overall talent of a RB's offense and team in general. The first has to do with scoring opportunity. MIA was 24th in RZ attempts per game in 2016 and 29th last year but like you said the good thing about Drake is that people have already priced in a pretty low TD count. The other is game flow, if an offense and a team generally blows they'll find themselves playing catching which isn't exactly conducive to running volume. And again the good thing with Drake is that he is going to be gameflow proof.

I could see these problems more so applying to Zeke though since DAL is usually top 10 in RZ attempts per game and his upside is more so leveraged on volume. 

Allen was one of the most effective short-yardage runners in the League last year. 
I think Allen was only slightly more successful than Collins last year although Allen had more TDs. In general they were both effective, those are high short-yardage success rates.

I can also see that in short yardage situations on 1st or 2nd down BAL's most frequent play was a rush with Allen (11) to Collins' 9. But also Allen was more successful than Collins in short yardage situations on 3rd down even though Collins was used slightly more frequently (7 to 6). I agree though, after watching BAL draw up FB dives with Allen at the GL last year you can't rule anything out. As an aside, no team ran more 22 and 21 personnel than BAL last year (again because BAL would line Allen up at FB).

To keep this post on track I'd take Drake over Collins in ppr, Collins over Drake in standard. 

To keep this post on track I'd take Drake over Collins in ppr, Collins over Drake in standard. 
That is how I am scoring these 2 RBs as well.  Drake should get touches if MIA is getting beat or is winning.  Collins may be pulled when games are out of hand in either direction.

Just traded Ajayi/Clement and James White for Drake, Agholor, and Breida so I too am in.

Last edited by a moderator:
70/30 type split IMO. Drake is the main man and Gore will be there to take some of the load off. 

Drake is going to be relied upon more as the main back than some may think. 
Kind of obvious, but those in dynasty might like the fact that gore should be collecting his ss checks soon.

that's probably because Dallas has perhaps the best offensive line in the league and Miami has what looks to be one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Zeke is also a far moreor proven commodity.
Wrong topic I know, but Dallas's O-line has already been devastated by injury. They may not be all that great this year.

Wrong topic I know, but Dallas's O-line has already been devastated by injury. They may not be all that great this year.
Not sure where you get "devastated" from, Fredrick is the only one who will miss time. Smith, Martin & Collins are all healthy and still make for a far better line than anything Drake is running behind.

Drake is a special talent. Tannehill has shown himselfg nicely in the preseason - guy looks half decent, actually, he'll keep defenses honest with his arm, while Drake burns them with his legs. bargain basement price tag for penthouse performance..

Worried about Gore getting goal line carries................If that's the case then Drake is not worth a 3rd rd pick & that is about where he is going now. IMHO

I give it 50/50 on the Gore thing.  Just conjecture on my part.

dont put the horse before the cart.  don't overthink this. 

or as Madden used to say 'dont worry about the horse being blind , just load the wagon":

means grab Drake and don't look back..

Users who are viewing this thread