What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenneth Dixon, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

I was looking through some news on him since he has been drafted.  So he's actually been injured 3 times already since being drafted?  I see a grade 1 mcl, a hamstring , and the torn mcl which he is currently coming back from

I was looking through some news on him since he has been drafted.  So he's actually been injured 3 times already since being drafted?  I see a grade 1 mcl, a hamstring , and the torn mcl which he is currently coming back from
Can you find someone in the NFL that hasn't been injured? TIA :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just stating facts bro
I understand, I wonder if the MCL injuries may have been related this year? 

Also, he missed 2 games in 2013 with a knee injury and 2 game in 2015 with an ankle injury. 

Anyway, I was just snarkily eluding that it's a bit early to suggest him being injury prone. 

I understand, I wonder if the MCL injuries may have been related this year? 

Also, he missed 2 games in 2013 with a knee injury and 2 game in 2015 with an ankle injury. 

Anyway, I was just snarkily eluding that it's a bit early to suggest him being injury prone. 
I try to elude anyone who alludes to an RB being injury prone. 

I try to elude anyone who alludes to an RB being injury prone. 
:lmao:  got me. I think my auto correct changed my a to an e when I forgot an L... if that makes any sense. 

-

Anyway, Dixon seems primed with opportunity here. I can't wait until next week to see if he can step up and run with it. 

Just found some preseason games streaming and made these gifs of dixon. 

http://giphy.com/gifs/26uf01JO6tq6sAdZC

http://giphy.com/gifs/l3vRfs7R2ylEh9V4s

http://giphy.com/gifs/3o6Ztbi3swLb035yKc

the pass catch and the last one are pretty impressive to me. he fights for 5 extra yards on the reception.
Nice.  He definitely fights for every yard,and the other guys there really don't.  It's why i think he's their clear best back - but probably also a risk to get injured if he doesn't learn to pick his battles.  

Yes he has it all. Looking at college tape he was the only one that made me say, "Wow!" quite a few times. Not to say other backs are not good, but he has the biggest wow factor imo.

Guys....1 pt PPR....would you drop TJ Yeldon or James White....for Kenneth Dixon?  OR hold with those 2 guys?
If it helps, I'm debating dropping Yeldon for Dixon in 0.5 PPR. With the news that he may not be back until Week 5, I'm thinking I may just try to ride it out and wait until next week when I can drop my extra D. On the other hand, I really can't see how Yeldon becomes usable anytime soon. He totally spit the bit with Ivory out.

With the news that he may not be back until Week 5, I'm thinking I may just try to ride it out and wait until next week when I can drop my extra D. 
The problem with that is that the analysts will be recommending Dixon as a pickup now that he is back practicing. Any Joe Blow will have the 411 on him.

Would you guys drop lockett for dixon or smallwood?  I don't think I am starting lockett anytime soon
I actually drafted Dixson, Howard, And Smallwood so I have been  watching all three very closely.   That being said, I think Dixson is the guy I would rather have long term.  There just doesn't seem to be anything blocking his path. 

Dixon is the most talented and is returning to a likely starting job on a contending team with a deep throwing qb to keep the safeties back, a rb friendly offense that throws to the back which is his strength.  Huge upside and imminent opportunity.  If you waited until now to get him you're going to have to pay more, but get him before his value really explodes.  

Howard may get a starting job but has to earn trust from fox who already commented in the last week about him being a rookie so he may share with the veterans, plus he plays with a weak o line and no real passing game, he doesn't catch particularly well, and he will often be playing from behind.  If you have him trade him while there's hype.

Perkins started late because he graduated late, had a couple bad preseason fumbles, was inactive the first two games this year and was active last week but had no offensive snaps and only played special teams.  But injuries to vereen and an ineffective rashad jennings leave him competing with rainey and darkwaa who may be better right now but have never gotten starting consideration.  I wouldn't trust perkins to block against the vikings d this week so i expect zilch from him this week but he could start to get touches and the giants do like him long term.  Trade for him once the hype dies down.

Considering jumping on the bandwagon.  Seems like my roster consists of nothing but running back lottery tickets.. Why not..

Considering jumping on the bandwagon.  Seems like my roster consists of nothing but running back lottery tickets.. Why not..
Yours, mine and the majority of teams in the majority of leagues are like this. Unless you have Johnson, McCoy, D.Murray, CJA, Forte, Gordon and/or maybe Blount, you're struggling to get much RB production. It's a wasteland. I have Ingram (not great) and a big mish-mash of lottery tickets behind him. Glad my league went to RB/WR/2 flex a few years back, it's hard enough fielding one productive RB, next to impossible to put out 2 productive RB's

Short bench league might drop DeAngelo for him.  Guys like Duke Johnson and McKinnon are on waivers as well.  It's tough to judge.  Might grab Dixon and hold for a few weeks.

Short bench league might drop DeAngelo for him.  Guys like Duke Johnson and McKinnon are on waivers as well.  It's tough to judge.  Might grab Dixon and hold for a few weeks.
I'd rank them McKinnon (top RB on his team, crazy athletic) > Dixon (probably top RB on his team in a couple weeks) > Duke (lesser side of clear RBBC) > DeAngelo (clear backup)

I'd rank them McKinnon (top RB on his team, crazy athletic) > Dixon (probably top RB on his team in a couple weeks) > Duke (lesser side of clear RBBC) > DeAngelo (clear backup)
I agree, it's just tough as we start RB,WR, 2 flex.  RB's just don't score like the WR's  rest of year projections have McKinnon 125 points, and a ton of waiver-wire WR's in the 150 range.

4 total RB+WR? 20 team league?
No RB,WR,TE and 2 flex - So we start 4 total there.  12 team PPR league.  It's just tough to figure out if you want a guy like McKinnon/Dixon or just punt RB's (Have Forte and Gio for that RB1 spot) and then roll with 3 WR's.  WR free agents include Tyrell Williams, Michael Thomas, Moncrief (no IR spot), John Brown.  Not to hijack but Dixon/McKinnon more valuable than flex WR3's?

No RB,WR,TE and 2 flex - So we start 4 total there.  12 team PPR league.  It's just tough to figure out if you want a guy like McKinnon/Dixon or just punt RB's (Have Forte and Gio for that RB1 spot) and then roll with 3 WR's.  WR free agents include Tyrell Williams, Michael Thomas, Moncrief (no IR spot), John Brown.  Not to hijack but Dixon/McKinnon more valuable than flex WR3's?
Need moar starters! But to answer your question, yeah, Dixon and McKinnon should both be involved in the passing game, increasing their PPR value over a WR3 type.

I'd be eyeballing Moncrief, though. Would pick up as soon as you can fit him. But with only 1RB, 1WR, and 2flex, you pretty much should only be starting studs and semi-studs (2 top 24 RB, 2 top 24 WR). Moncrief, McKinnon, and Dixon all have top 24 positional potential.

I'd at least wait one game before dropping DeAngelo. If there's any time a player is more likely to pull a hammy, it's the first game back after time off. 

Yours, mine and the majority of teams in the majority of leagues are like this. Unless you have Johnson, McCoy, D.Murray, CJA, Forte, Gordon and/or maybe Blount, you're struggling to get much RB production. It's a wasteland. I have Ingram (not great) and a big mish-mash of lottery tickets behind him. Glad my league went to RB/WR/2 flex a few years back, it's hard enough fielding one productive RB, next to impossible to put out 2 productive RB's
Yeah.. We start 2 RBs with 1 flex postion.  Years ago it wasn't uncommon to see someone run 3 running backs and 2 WRs.  Now almost everyone uses a WR/TE in that flex spot.  Just more consistent.  I think I'm up to 8 running backs on my roster now including Rawls on the IR. Have Ingram as well.  Figure if you throw enough crap at the wall sooner or later something sticks.   

Yeah.. We start 2 RBs with 1 flex postion.  Years ago it wasn't uncommon to see someone run 3 running backs and 2 WRs.  Now almost everyone uses a WR/TE in that flex spot.  Just more consistent.  I think I'm up to 8 running backs on my roster now including Rawls on the IR. Have Ingram as well.  Figure if you throw enough crap at the wall sooner or later something sticks.   
Agree and leagues with bonuses for length of TD you might as well use the WR.

Just found some preseason games streaming and made these gifs of dixon. 

http://giphy.com/gifs/26uf01JO6tq6sAdZC

http://giphy.com/gifs/l3vRfs7R2ylEh9V4s

http://giphy.com/gifs/3o6Ztbi3swLb035yKc

the pass catch and the last one are pretty impressive to me. he fights for 5 extra yards on the reception.
The first one makes me laugh. That play was entirely against backups for Carolina in preseason week 1 and I think I only count 3 guys who made the 53 man roster and 2 of them are STs only and 1 is a backup CB, who not surprisingly made the tackle. I posted something similar in the Derrick Henry thread where people kept saying that Henry was going to overtake Murray any day (after week 2) and all the hype was preseason. I saw the Tenn/Carolina game and Henry got stuffed against Carolina's ones and looked awesome against guys that didn't make the team. Preseason is tough to digest if you don't know who the defensive personnel is.

That said, I drafted Dixon in my 1 deep roster (20) league because I felt like he had starting potential and didn't have much in his way. I drafted him, Brady and Dion Lewis knowing they wouldn't provide any impact in the first quarter because I was able to get them later.

My leagues starts six at the FLEX-eligible positions. Four seems too few to me. 

Do we really think Harbaugh is going to roll with Dixon on 60-70% of the carries over Forsett? It's hard to see Forsett (good pass blocking, coming off the field on third downs)

Do we really think Harbaugh is going to roll with Dixon on 60-70% of the carries over Forsett? It's hard to see Forsett (good pass blocking, coming off the field on third downs)
They released him and then brought him back. They obviously don't think highly enough about him to pay him what he was making.

I bit the bullet and dropped Rawls for Dixon. I know others had mentioned doing the same and while I was holding out, Rawls is out 4-6 and IF he is healthy, would then need to fight for carries or hope for an injury. Dixon appears to be healthy now and could take over the job. Pretty straightforward decision when you think about it like that.

I'm deciding on Dorsett vs Dixon now in a short bench league where I already have Dez.

Edit - I'm in guys.  Dorsett added to injury report with ankle as questionable.

He's actually making the same amount.  It was explained a page or two ago.  They did it for accounting and roster mg purposes
Odd. Good to know.

I thought the contract was a bit much when they did it, considering his age and being a journeyman back and all. This offense has had 3 favorable matchups so far. Their offense has been pretty bad (I have Flacco too, yay). If Dixon is able to run effectively and jump start the offense, I have a hard time believing Harbaugh won't go with him. Before Forsett's injury he was averaging 4.2 YPC, down from 5.4 YPC the previous year. He's now 31-years-old.

I'm deciding on Dorsett vs Dixon now in a short bench league where I already have Dez.

Edit - I'm in guys.  Dorsett added to injury report with ankle as questionable.
I don't trust that IND offense. They should be clicking more and they're not. I'm concerned that last year wasn't a fluke year at this point. I would go Dixon > Dorsett as well.

I drafted Dixon and Forsett in my short bench 14 teamer with the plan of starting Forsett until Bell got back and then having Dixon as a flex option later in the season.

I ended up cutting Dixon and hoping I could get him back.  He was picked up and dropped then claimed this week off waivers after I'd already burned my higher priority on Jimmy Graham.  

I watched a lot of the Baltimore offense the first 2 weeks when Forsett was in my lineup.  Then cut him before week 3.  Despite plus matchups he looked awful, as did the running game as a whole.  West looked marginally better than Forsett but still BAL has not established an effective running game at all.

I have no doubt that Dixon will get every opportunity to move into a feature role and think he will pay real dividends over the 2nd half of this FF season.

Users who are viewing this thread