Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Kenneth Dixon, Free Agent


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West ran the ball 21 times for 65 yards.  His longest run of the night were 17, 6, 5, and 4 yards.  His other 17 runs went for 33 yards.   I am not cherry picking.  I don't need to.  West ran for

Keeping another RB might force them to cut one of their 38 TEs.

Dixon simply passed the eye test.

Nahh.  "If all goes well" is him living up to the potential and realizing now is the time, his snaps and touches continuing to trend up, him finally getting back to a normal state a few weeks removed from the injury, their W1 original OL is now back, CLE Def being CLE Def and it being at home on TNF....that's even with the West split reps.  

Edited by Cleat Spike
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cleat Spike said:

Nahh.  "If all goes well" is him living up to the potential and realizing now is the time, his snaps and touches continuing to trend up, him finally getting back to a normal state a few weeks removed from the injury, their W1 original OL is now back, CLE Def being CLE Def and it being at home on TNF....that's even with the West split reps.  

I agree that's still a lot of IF for a floor projection. He didn't look that good last week in his limited touches. His floor isn't 100 yards or 50 yards and a touchdown at this point, even against Cleveland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Cleat Spikes point that you do not want to wait until after this game to pick Dixon up. It may be too late to do so if he does well tomorrow night.

I also hear STC and SSND comments about Dixon perhaps not looking completely back yet based on his recent play. That may be the case even though he is cleared and healthy now.

I believe in Dixon's talent and I think he has more upside than West has. West having more experience than Dixon may still be playing better football than Dixon is right now though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Bump -- anyone still holding onto Dixon? Dumping this week in favor for claims on other upside backs like Bibbs, comebackers like Dion Lewis or even James Starks.

Dixon may still turn out to be the guy in BAL, but I think I'm done waiting around for it.

If you play in Yahoo, maybe you can wait till thu at CLE to see how he does before you drop. CLE has a way of making RBs look like uber studs.Just a suggestion.

 

ETA, I see Cleat Spikes already addressed this, but when I hit reply it was "new to me" :bag:

Edited by mnmplayer
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drm1125 said:

Are you starting him this week against the browns? That's to soon, right? I'm thinking of dumping him but I think I'll wait another week. He's just a flyer on my team right now.

WHile his work is increasing, you'd have to be pretty desperate to start him this week, even against CLE. I am keeping him on my bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He left last week's game with an injury but I think he could've come back if the hit happened in the 1st.  They only had a 3 and out possession after. 

I thought he looked pretty good making guys miss in the backfield and getting back to/just passed the LoS on a lot of his carries.  He was solid in pass protection also.   I think he's safe for 6 or 7 nonPPR points tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ryno1980 said:

I agree that's still a lot of IF for a floor projection. He didn't look that good last week in his limited touches. His floor isn't 100 yards or 50 yards and a touchdown at this point, even against Cleveland. 

He has 2 hands though!  He's gotta be able to pick up 40 yards and 4 catches for 20 yards as a floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a very interesting game. Not sure how Harbaugh's RB usage tendencies are, but agree that both backs have a shot to put up numbers on any given play, given that it's the Browns. Also agree that it's hard to start Dixon without seeing how this game plays out -- even risking leaving points on the bench.

Question will be that if West goes off early, will Harbaugh simply ride him and use Dixon sparingly only as COP? If so, best case scenario for evaluation might be hoping for an early blowout so West can rest and Dixon can be used frequently.

Or do you think we see a more even distribution of carries, with Harbaugh splitting the workload a little more evenly.

Not sure anyone can answer these. We'll have to see. Using this game as an evaluator on Dixon: does he look "all the way back" and can he make the most of his opportunity, no matter what that opportunity is?

If he can't make it happen against the Browns, will let someone else take the shot on his resurgence this year, and ensure I target him later rounds in next year's draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2016 at 9:56 AM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

While the Steelers did a good job stacking the box and holding the line against the run, I saw very little burst or success from Dixon in getting past the point of attack with either power or elusiveness. Simply put, he was a back who kept getting stuffed against a very middle-of-the-road run D.

 

that might be what you saw, but when a team rushes 25 times for 36 yards the RBs are not to blame. almost all fault lies somewhere between game plan and offensive line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Game flow will dictate Dixon's roll if Balt can control the game, go up early or West be effective, I don't think Dixon will get much more than COP or a series or two, say, before the half.

 

He's coming off an injury and this game should be easily controlled by Balt's defense...unless Kessler does in fact air it out and hit Coleman deep a couple of times. I'm benching Dixon but still holding out for that lottery ticket to hit

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, red said:

Game flow will dictate Dixon's roll if Balt can control the game, go up early or West be effective, I don't think Dixon will get much more than COP or a series or two, say, before the half.

 

He's coming off an injury and this game should be easily controlled by Balt's defense...unless Kessler does in fact air it out and hit Coleman deep a couple of times. I'm benching Dixon but still holding out for that lottery ticket to hit

He will be in the game if they lead or trail.  The injury is a bruise.  Role the dice.

Edited by cockroach
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Will be a very interesting game. Not sure how Harbaugh's RB usage tendencies are, but agree that both backs have a shot to put up numbers on any given play, given that it's the Browns. Also agree that it's hard to start Dixon without seeing how this game plays out -- even risking leaving points on the bench.

Question will be that if West goes off early, will Harbaugh simply ride him and use Dixon sparingly only as COP? If so, best case scenario for evaluation might be hoping for an early blowout so West can rest and Dixon can be used frequently.

Or do you think we see a more even distribution of carries, with Harbaugh splitting the workload a little more evenly.

Not sure anyone can answer these. We'll have to see. Using this game as an evaluator on Dixon: does he look "all the way back" and can he make the most of his opportunity, no matter what that opportunity is?

If he can't make it happen against the Browns, will let someone else take the shot on his resurgence this year, and ensure I target him later rounds in next year's draft.

Dixon is possibly the most talented back in this draft next to Elliot and he looked good in the pre-season, like Elliot. However, Elliot didn't come out of the gates crushing it this year in the regular season. It took him a couple of games to get his sea legs and that's without having to deal with a serious knee injury.

I think Dixon will break out at some time this year, its just a matter of when. There were signs against Pittsburgh that he is completely healthy and that all he needs to do is adjust to the speed of the game like Elliot needed to. 

No one believes it till they see it in fantasy football but once you see it it's too late unless you own him. I would be holding him tonight at the very least. I am considering starting him over Crowell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strong said:

 

that might be what you saw, but when a team rushes 25 times for 36 yards the RBs are not to blame. almost all fault lies somewhere between game plan and offensive line.

A little too definitive of a statement for me. Backs carry responsibility for this as well. What I saw was the Steelers stacking the box to make Flacco beat them through the air. But I also saw Dixon not leverage the same kind of explosiveness and elusiveness he displayed in preseason. Regardless of the challenge the entire running game had, doesn't absolve Dixon from looking flat. Hopefully that turns around tonight and we see the same spark we saw from him before the games counted.

And if we don't, I think we can agree that the fault is more on Dixon than the line or the gameplan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Dixon is possibly the most talented back in this draft next to Elliot and he looked good in the pre-season, like Elliot. However, Elliot didn't come out of the gates crushing it this year in the regular season. It took him a couple of games to get his sea legs and that's without having to deal with a serious knee injury.

I think Dixon will break out at some time this year, its just a matter of when. There were signs against Pittsburgh that he is completely healthy and that all he needs to do is adjust to the speed of the game like Elliot needed to. 

No one believes it till they see it in fantasy football but once you see it it's too late unless you own him. I would be holding him tonight at the very least. I am considering starting him over Crowell.

Good points, but even against the giants, he had 51 yards and a score off of 20 carries, and then 83 yards and a score against WAS in Week 2. You saw something special Zeke right from the get-go, and he translated that into success on the field. The fact that he then consistently was over 135 yards per game for the next 4 games straight, with just being under 100 almost make those earlier games -- games that I think are solid FF performances for any RB 1 -- look like less of an effort.

Zeke was special out of the gate. Dixon could be too, but he hasn't shown it yet. Hoping we see it tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether it's RBBC or not, the Ravens phased him in tonight throughout the game. This may be the last week you can get him off the WW for cheap. 

Holding him in one league, and bidding for him next week in another.

Link to post
Share on other sites

West ran the ball 21 times for 65 yards.  His longest run of the night were 17, 6, 5, and 4 yards.  His other 17 runs went for 33 yards.  

I am not cherry picking.  I don't need to.  West ran for 3 yards per carry.  That's not great.  But compare it side by side with Dixon.  

Dixon ran it 6 times for 11, 6, 0, 5, 6 and 10 yards (plus a 17 yard run called back for holding).  These runs were all on first and second down and went for 4 first downs, so they're not watered down third down back carries.  He simply ran better than West did. 

Dixon added 5 catches for 42 yards with a long of 12.  West had one catch for 12.  Again, he caught the ball better than West.

West also whiffed on a block early that got Flacco hit (they drew a roughing the passer penalty).  Dixon stood guys up a couple times but went out for a lot of pass routes too.

Dixon ended up with 80 yards on 11 touches.  West ended up with 77 yards on 22 touches.  

Draw your own conclusions about whether this will remain a split backfield or if West will remain the starter/top back.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

West ran the ball 21 times for 65 yards.  His longest run of the night were 17, 6, 5, and 4 yards.  His other 17 runs went for 33 yards.  

I am not cherry picking.  I don't need to.  West ran for 3 yards per carry.  That's not great.  But compare it side by side with Dixon.  

Dixon ran it 6 times for 11, 6, 0, 5, 6 and 10 yards (plus a 17 yard run called back for holding).  These runs were all on first and second down and went for 4 first downs, so they're not watered down third down back carries.  He simply ran better than West did. 

Dixon added 5 catches for 42 yards with a long of 12.  West had one catch for 12.  Again, he caught the ball better than West.

West also whiffed on a block early that got Flacco hit (they drew a roughing the passer penalty).  Dixon stood guys up a couple times but went out for a lot of pass routes too.

Dixon ended up with 80 yards on 11 touches.  West ended up with 77 yards on 22 touches.  

Draw your own conclusions about whether this will remain a split backfield or if West will remain the starter/top back.

You know the ravens are looking at anything to improve that offense.  I'm holding for now

Edited by need2know
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

In all fairness many of West's carries were at end of game click killing when defense knew it was a run and played for it.

Very different situation for a lot of those carries

Nope.

1st quarter

West 1st and 10 4 yards

West 1st and 10 -1 yards

Dixon 2nd and 11 5 yard catch

West 1st and 10 3 yards

West 2nd and 7 3 yards

West 1st and 10 17 yards

Dixon 1st and 10 1 yard catch

Dixon 2nd and 9 11 yards

2nd quarter

West 1st and 10 4 yards

West 1st and 10 2 yards

Dixon 2nd and 8 10 yard catch

West 2nd and 7 3 yards

Dixon 1st and 10 16 yard catch

West 2nd and 7 -2 yards

Dixon 1st and 10 8 yard catch

3rd quarter

West 2nd and 7 3 yards

West 1st and 10 4 yards

West 2nd and 6 12 yard catch

Dixon 1st and 10 6 yards

West 2nd and goal from the 5 1 yard

West 1st and 10 3 yards

West 1st and 10 -1 yard

Dixon 2nd and 6 0 yards

West 1st and 10 2 yards

4th quarter

West 1st and 10 5 yards

West 2nd and 5 6 yards

Dixon 1st and 10 6 yards

Dixon 2nd and 4 5 yards

West 1st and 10 0 yards

West 1st and 10 3 yards

West 1st and 10 5 yards

Dixon 2nd and 5 10 yards

West 1st and 10 4 yards

West 1st and 10 0 yards

Dixon 17 yard run nullified by penalty

 

West had 7 carries for 23 yards in the 4th quarter, which is actually slightly ahead of his 21 for 65 pace.  On the same drives, Dixon had 3 carries for 21 yards and a 17 yard run called back on penalty.  

Dixon just straight up played better 

Edited by bostonfred
Add receptions
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

In all fairness many of West's carries were at end of game click killing when defense knew it was a run and played for it.

Very different situation for a lot of those carries

I could be wrong, but I think he was around 3.1 ypc at halftime, so I don't think situation really changed anything. This is West's 3rd year in the league and it'll be his 3rd season under 4.0 ypc unless he turns things around soon.

I can't predict which week Dixon gets more carries than West, but I don't see how people are so confident the status quo will continue. I mean, Dixon isn't ever going to get 100% of the snaps (who does?) but the current split won't continue.

ETA: Looks like bostonfred did a better job of dispelling the myth of 4th quarter carries ruining West's ypc.

Edited by FF Ninja
concurrent post
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Dixon ended up with 80 yards on 11 touches.  West ended up with 77 yards on 22 touches.  

Draw your own conclusions about whether this will remain a split backfield or if West will remain the starter/top back.

Thanks Fred, appreciate this breakdown.

Edited by Ruffrodys05
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Faust said:

Dixon could have had an even better night if his 17 yard run wasn't called back on a penalty.

Plus Flacco's INT in the end zone was intended for Dixon on a pass pattern/scramble job out of the backfield.  Nice to see.  Could have been a TD added on.  To me he looked a little light and not as much power as I thought he'd have, but seems pretty slippery and a great ppr passing game option.    

I wouldn't say his schedule is easy with games @Dal, @NE, vs. Phi, but does have a couple nice home "FF playoff push" games vs. Cin and Mia in Weeks 12-13.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was definitely the last week I play T. West unless an injury to Dixon occurs. Cleveland is the worst run D in the league and neither back really was that impressive. Baltimore's line is banged up and their passing game is mediocre at best. Lots of 7 and 8 man fronts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should stop with the "17 yarder called back due to holding". I saw the play, he ran right next to the guy who was being held (basically at the line of scrimmage)- that run doesn't happen without the hold.

Everyone wants to bag on West, but Dixon has a 2.9 ypc this season- sure, it's a small sample size, but last night was an even smaller one and people are using that to make their argument. I think West is playing fairly well all things considered- he isn't a world-beater, but is doing a decent job as the grinder. The offensive line is dreadful, and they had another injury there last night. If/when Yanda comes back healthy that should help some, but it's still not a good unit- this was the 6th different starting combination in 9 games.

Dixon certainly has more upside because of his pass-catching role, but it's going to take an injury or West getting in the doghouse for him to realize it IMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sandlotshrink said:

Dixon is a "next years" play IMHO.  Line issues, West in the picture make it very difficult to count on him going forward unless major changes take place.  Guy has talent, but trapped in Baltimore.  

The guy just got 80 yards on 11 touches.  He looks likely to get more touches.  Every year these guys with fresh legs in the second half of the season end up winning leagues.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BAL looks like a team that is getting better on defense over last few weeks, Steve Smith and CJ Mosely are both back, and they are fighting for a divsion in a vulnerable division.  

I like their chances to be a good team ROS.

Their playoff schedule isn't great.  NE, PIT, PHI.   I don't think that schedule is as bad as it looks at first, but it's not amazing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...