What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Termites...anyone get them? And what did you do? (1 Viewer)

GROOT

Footballguy
Just discovered some termites at the window in the back bedroom, no *apparent damage. There are A few wings in my window sill, and appear to be of the subterranean variety. Bug man is coming Monday. My friend says getthe Bug man to do the inspection, and I says he can show me how to treat the problem with Termodur and traps. Any FBG have any termite experience?

I don't know where you live, but 'round Louisiana way, traps are essentially useless.  Is your house elevated or slab? Elevated, probably not a ridiculous proposition to trench and termidor the house yourself.  Slab, I wouldn't begin to know how to make sure I got it done properly.

I don't know where you live, but 'round Louisiana way, traps are essentially useless.  Is your house elevated or slab? Elevated, probably not a ridiculous proposition to trench and termidor the house yourself.  Slab, I wouldn't begin to know how to make sure I got it done properly.
Louisiana, slab. 

Louisiana, slab. 
Yeah, I guess if your buddy thinks he knows what to do, maybe he's rockin'.  For the amount places like Orkin charge to do it, I'm a fan of letting the professionals handle it.

I had a termite outbreak last year where they were eating through the walls during mating season, hired Orkin, had the place trenched.  Haven't had any problems since.  Elevated house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I guess if your buddy thinks he knows what to do, maybe he's rockin'.  For the amount places like Orkin charge to do it, I'm a fan of letting the professionals handle it.

I had a termite outbreak last year where they were eating through the walls during mating season, hired Orkin, had the place trenched.  Haven't had any problems since.  Elevated house.
Good to hear everything's ok, So Orkin was relatively inexpensive?

Good to hear everything's ok, So Orkin was relatively inexpensive?
Yeah, and they finance.  You can set up a year's worth of payments with them to pay for it, I think.  $150 a month for the next year for a ten year contract seems worth it.  Notably, they don't guarantee the work for ten years anymore, they'll just come out again and re-spray/fill/trench if there's a new problem (no guarantee to fix any damage or anything).

Get the professionals. Had my pest control company that already comes every other month do a treatment. Had the choice between two chemicals and took the cheaper one. Trench all around foundation and drilled holes in slabs where necessary. Cost a few hundred dollars and got a 3 or 5 year warranty i forget which. They came back and had them come back and retreat my interior garage wall. Have to redo treatment every few years. Just a fact i guess in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread