What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Darren Waller, NYG (1 Viewer)

Was this guy worth a round 3 ADP? I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have Dalton Schultz out there, (a bit of an over-reaction) but he definitely has not lived up to his ADP.  

Carr taking more shots downfield and other WR options are stepping up. 

Seems like target hog volume for Waller isn't there anymore.
Story of my draft. Took DHop and Waller at the 2/3 turn and thought I was getting two target hogs. Of course this is the year here teams spread the wealth.

I still have hope for Waller (at least a lot more than Hopkins). I think (hope) eventually they will realize they have to feature him more. Targeting this guy less than 9-10 times a game is coaching malpractice.

Story of my draft. Took DHop and Waller at the 2/3 turn and thought I was getting two target hogs. Of course this is the year here teams spread the wealth.

I still have hope for Waller (at least a lot more than Hopkins). I think (hope) eventually they will realize they have to feature him more. Targeting this guy less than 9-10 times a game is coaching malpractice.
Not when you're winning it isn't.

Was this guy worth a round 3 ADP? I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have Dalton Schultz out there, (a bit of an over-reaction) but he definitely has not lived up to his ADP.  
Right now no.  I picked up Schultz two weeks ago and am at the point where I might start him over Waller going forward.  Or I may flip Waller after Schultz's bye to get something for him while he still has a lot of perceived value.  

A late Q tag.  Yay.

Virtually no one on my bench is droppable. This week of the season feels nuts with the amount of byes and injuries going on. Moreso than I feel like I’ve experienced in my 18+ years of fantasy.

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Darren Waller (ankle) doesn't "feel great" and will not know if he is able to play until pre-game warmups.

It's a nightmare scenario for fantasy managers Waller faces the Eagles in the second slate of games. By the time Waller's status is determined, most of the alternative options at tight end for the week will have already played. The latest from Schefter doesn't sound promising and a streaming option should be in order for fantasy teams that are currently counting on Waller. If he manages to suit up, Waller would still be a top-five tight end in a solid matchup with the Eagles."

Ugh, might have to play RSJones early or pickup Foster Moreau.  Anyone have insight on Moreau?

OJ Howard with a late game for those in a squeeze like me. I like him better than foster with brown out

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Darren Waller (ankle) doesn't "feel great" and will not know if he is able to play until pre-game warmups.

It's a nightmare scenario for fantasy managers Waller faces the Eagles in the second slate of games. By the time Waller's status is determined, most of the alternative options at tight end for the week will have already played. The latest from Schefter doesn't sound promising and a streaming option should be in order for fantasy teams that are currently counting on Waller. If he manages to suit up, Waller would still be a top-five tight end in a solid matchup with the Eagles."

Ugh, might have to play RSJones early or pickup Foster Moreau.  Anyone have insight on Moreau?
I have Moreau and taxi and will break glass in case of emergency. He's always looked decent so probably worth the spot start. 

Kmet is another late game option if available in your league. Graham on the Covid list and the matchup is decent. Hopefully Waller can give it a go though. 

Brate, Moreau and Kmet are options.

If in a yahoo league, Juwan Johnson - NO is listed as a WR,TE, so he may be a emergency option for some.  Plays on Monday

Last edited by a moderator:
From our Game Day Update page.

I don't listen to anymore more closely than our Dr. Jene Bramel for injuries. Jene wrote, "According to a morning Adam Schefter report, Waller "doesn't feel great" after straining "his inner ankle and heel" and the Raiders will not know until pregame whether he can play. Schefter's report doesn't clarify whether Waller will be active or not but it indicates Waller is very unlikely to be full strength. Although Waller could be productive in limited high-leverage situations, expect limited snaps and targets."

Howard is Q himself. Brate is on my wire though and seems like a better emergency play with late start. Good thinking. 
Brate will be the way to go. He’ll see his share of short to intermediate targets over the middle. Especially with Brown out as well. 

Howard is Q himself. Brate is on my wire though and seems like a better emergency play with late start. Good thinking. 
He is only Q because he hasn't fully come off of Q yet. His trajectory has been more snaps, more practice. They just haven't removed the Q yet. And then he had 6 catches last week. I *want* to say he has taken over the Gronk role so long as Gronk is out. 

So you should probably grab Brate. 

Unless I missed something his career high is 4 catches, then a couple of games with 3.  He does seem to be a good red zone target.
Yeah he’s had a nose for the endzone in the past. He’s always played alongside Waller though, not sure we’ve seen him with Waller out. He feels like kind of a rare opportunity to cuff a starting TE though given he’s looked good at time in the past. You’d have to be desperate but then Moreau is rostered in all my deep dynasty TE Prem leagues for just such an occasion I’d think. 

Yeah I pulled him in one spot for RSJ and amazingly all my other spots have options in the late window. But I expect him to either sit or be useless.

In a small league (10 teams) but I grabbed Ertz off the WW. If Waller sits maybe ARI wants to feature their new player in a TE-friendly matchup?

Yeah I pulled him in one spot for RSJ and amazingly all my other spots have options in the late window. But I expect him to either sit or be useless.
I’m playing Seals-Jones over Waller.  I don’t care if it was the wrong move, because the risk was too great.  My other option was Dwelly (Sun night) which I considered, to see if Waller plays.

If Waller is out, is Moreau plug and play (with a lower ceiling of course)? He’s flashed big time in the past. 

Yeah he’s had a nose for the endzone in the past. He’s always played alongside Waller though, not sure we’ve seen him with Waller out. He feels like kind of a rare opportunity to cuff a starting TE though given he’s looked good at time in the past. You’d have to be desperate but then Moreau is rostered in all my deep dynasty TE Prem leagues for just such an occasion I’d think. 
Gonna go ahead and answer my own question with a “yes”, he looks great and Carr trusts him. Glad I didn’t have this guy rostered for multiple years for no reason! 

Should owners plan to continue to hold Moreau and Waller while we hear more on the injury? Plus, still got to get a 3rd TE for the bye? Redraft, what are owners doing that took the chance with him? 

So did I. Big mistake. 
Me too. I ended up leaning OJ because I needed to drop someone for him and I was feeling like I was getting value by having someone for Waller’s bye as well.

Trying to figure out what I’m going to do this week. 

And very hopeful that Waller is fine after the bye. 

There’s a few TEs Cook and Conklin coming off a bye that could be an option. Otherwise it’s pretty much wasteland.

Foster Moreau gets a TD and looked great this past week while getting 6 receptions. Waller who is the supposed star of the offense hasn't gotten over 5 receptions since week 1. At least Mo Allie-Cox got me a TD this past week with Waller out, need a repeat performance during the bye week. 

Interestingly enough I was trying to trade Waller on Friday and Saturday and has some interest but no one officially bit. Testing those waters again today and they are completely gone. This ankle makes things too murky. I’m sure we’ll hear nothing on it till next week.

We should also see a small Waller Upgrade with the shift in targets now that there is one less viable WR target. TEs in general this year has been brutal. Definitely need this guy to have a strong second half. I would say, be in favor of trading for him? 

If he's out, Foster Moreau is the guy. Might be good to pre-emptively pick him up anyway before we get word on the practice reports. Do us Waller owners think we should hold Foster for handcuff?

We should also see a small Waller Upgrade with the shift in targets now that there is one less viable WR target. TEs in general this year has been brutal. Definitely need this guy to have a strong second half. I would say, be in favor of trading for him? 

If he's out, Foster Moreau is the guy. Might be good to pre-emptively pick him up anyway before we get word on the practice reports. Do us Waller owners think we should hold Foster for handcuff?
I’ve certainly been contemplating it, in regards to Moreau.

Users who are viewing this thread