What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* Ricardo Louis Dolphins WR Thread (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
One of my favorite pre-draft sleepers. Taken in the 4th round by the Browns. Ideal landing spot IMO due to the lack of competition (assuming Gordon is not in the mix this year).

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/story/1665735-browns-draft-wr-ricardo-louis-at-no-114

The Browns drafted Auburn WR Ricardo Louis at No. 114

BEREA, OHIO-- The Browns added another wide receiver in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. 

Cleveland selected Auburn WR Ricardo Louis with the No. 114 overall selection on Saturday. 

Louis stands at 6'2, 215 pounds and ranks 11th in Auburn history with 98 receptions and 15th in school history with 1,338 career receiving yards. He also made the game-winning, 73-yard touchdown catch on a 'Hail Mary' pass against Georgia in 2013. 

At the 2016 NFL Combine, Louis ran a 4.43 40-yard dash. 

Mike Mayock of NFL Network had a 6th-round grade on Louis because he has good size and speed, but has problems with dropping the football. 

Louis is the second receiver taken by the Browns in the 2016 draft, after the team selected WR Corey Coleman of Baylor with the No. 15 overall selection in the 1st round. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware that, on NFL Network, they made several references that Louis may be switched to defensive secondary - first time I had heard that

Last two weeks Browns  WR Ricardo  Lewis:

• 5 receptions for 64 yards
  • 5 receptions for 71 yards
Roto's spin.

Louis snagged a team-high five receptions (eight targets) for 71 yards during Sunday's 17-14 loss to the Jets.

Spin: 

Louis was given the starting nod in place of Kenny Britt (knee/groin) and was one of the few bright spots on Cleveland's offense. Week 5 marked the second consecutive week in which Louis led the Browns in receiving yards and has emerged as one of the better threats on an otherwise offensively inept team. The 23-year-old wideout still hasn't crossed the pylons yet this season, but his 18 targets over the last two weeks are promising for his future production.
Britt has dogged it and has been injured.  

Lewis has the size and speed but was hardly used in college and would need time which he has had and now he's getting the opportunity and he's producing.

He's far from a polished NFL WR but he looks 'good nuff' as a 3rd WR but Britt is lingering in the picture and the Browns QB situation is far from secure.

EDIT I made the same mistake.  His last name is spelled L O U I S not 'Lewis' so the thread title should be corrected.

9 targets two weeks back and 8 targets this week. I’m looking to take a flier if I have room on the end of my bench. He has good measurables which certainly doesn’t hurt his cause.

Need help with wr this week due to byes and injuries. Targeting him with for a fill in. The targets are there and he has good size.

One of my favorite pre-draft sleepers. Taken in the 4th round by the Browns. Ideal landing spot IMO due to the lack of competition (assuming Gordon is not in the mix this year).
Youdaman, Squiz, I was looking for this thread. I'm feeling positive with hogan coming in, though maybe Houston is not an ideal game for starting. But if he just keeps hitting those targets and gets the occasional TD he could become Coleman Light. Cleveland needs a primary WR to emerge as well.

Youdaman, Squiz, I was looking for this thread. I'm feeling positive with hogan coming in, though maybe Houston is not an ideal game for starting. But if he just keeps hitting those targets and gets the occasional TD he could become Coleman Light. Cleveland needs a primary WR to emerge as well.
Coleman always seemed like a poor fit as a #1 WR.  He is built and has the natural physical skills of a flanker (#2 WR).

• Corey Coleman WR 5' 11", 185 lbs
Ricardo Louis is built like a prototypical #1 WR so he has the size, he has shown strength to matchup with DBs and ran a 4.43 forty at the Combine so he has the speed.

• Ricardo Louis WR 6' 2", 215 lbs
Louis' biggest weakness listed was loss of concentration and drops which he still deals with so you can question his hands but he is an improvement over Britt in that department and he is beginning to showcase his strengths so we really don't know where he will eventually plateau at.

With houston having literally lost most of their pass rush, could be a sneaky wr3/flex this week. Might even start him over Devante parker myself.

You'd think the official thread would spell his name correctly.

maybe misspelling his name is why this guy is so far off everyone's radar?

i'm surprised more people aren't advocating spending some FAAB bucks on ricardo. he's leading the team in snaps, he's getting a healthy amount of targets, he's in his second year and he's got great size and the tools to break the occasional big play.

he's near the top of my blind bids this week. seems like he could be a poor man's pierre garcon by season's end and a lot of people are sleeping on him.

I think one reason he’s being overlooked is that he’s on the Browns.

Seriously - I think consensus and general knowledge is that Crow was the only fantasy value on that team so people aren’t digging into usage - and even with Ricardo’s success people may not think it’s sustainable, or that the QB carousel spells trouble for the passing game.

Tell you what, though - with so many WRs underperforming or getting injured, if he has another strong day and his looks and snaps remain consistent, he won’t be under the radar long.

I don’t have room for him, but I might make that room to make up for duds-so-far like Cooper or Parker.

Actually that was how I discovered this player. Can't remember the specifics but Waldman felt that Louis was being chronically overlooked and should have been on everyone's radar in dynasty leagues.
Actually, I was thinking of another guy but he likes Lewis as well.

Planting Kizer on the bench helps every player on offense. That guys is completely incompetent. He has no feel for the game and won't throw it unless he thinks he receiver is wide open. Key word 'thinks' because by the time that happens, the guy really isn't open and it becomes an INT.

Hoping Louis excels so that when they draft a real QB #1 next year, he is firmly implanted as a starting WR.

Byes hitting me hard this week. I'm rolling Louis out. Can he permanently supplant Britt?
per Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt left Thursday's practice after aggravating his groin injury.

This doesn't bode well for his chances of suiting up Sunday against the Texans. With Britt's status in doubt and Kevin Hogan set to make his first career start for Cleveland, Houston's defense should be a popular DFS play this week. Oct 12 - 2:49 PM

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter

per Rotoworld:

This doesn't bode well for his chances of suiting up Sunday against the Texans. With Britt's status in doubt and Kevin Hogan set to make his first career start for Cleveland, Houston's defense should be a popular DFS play this week. Oct 12 - 2:49 PM

Britt being out helps Cleveland IMO. I think Hogan has a good day against a hurt Houston defense while he tries to play catchup against Watson. 

per Rotoworld:

Here we go, Ricardo is going to go off!

I just switched him into my lineup over Demarius Thomas in my 14 team PPR league. Kinda feels good. Not sure I will have the stones to keep it there. DT is ranked 50th and Ricardo is 65th. Another good outing and they may be similarly ranked. I like the matchup vs HOU this week long with the QB change.

Im curious, it seems the consensus is that Louis is the #1 in Cleveland who has the opportunity to see a lot of targets from Hogan.  So my question is: What is your prediction for RL statline for his upcoming game?  Does he have a big upside? 

Im curious, it seems the consensus is that Louis is the #1 in Cleveland who has the opportunity to see a lot of targets from Hogan.  So my question is: What is your prediction for RL statline for his upcoming game?  Does he have a big upside? 

for the last three weeks, he's been on the field for 57 plays per game and has seen about 8 targets per.

he's got the burst to take one or two of his targets to the house. with hogan throwing balls (and especially with britt sidelined), ricardo has big upside this week and a pretty safe floor.

so to me he's a pretty safe what-the-heck flex. his consensus ranking around 50 seems way too low. i'd have a hard time ranking him out of the top 36.

strong said:
for the last three weeks, he's been on the field for 57 plays per game and has seen about 8 targets per.

he's got the burst to take one or two of his targets to the house. with hogan throwing balls (and especially with britt sidelined), ricardo has big upside this week and a pretty safe floor.

so to me he's a pretty safe what-the-heck flex. his consensus ranking around 50 seems way too low. i'd have a hard time ranking him out of the top 36.
Thanks for the take.  I agree and will be starting him over Amendola, Gallman, and Riddick.

Picked him up in my dynasty league a few weeks back for nothing, after Rishard Higgins had that big game for Cleveland in week 2. I had read somewhere, it might have been Waldman, that Louis would prove to be the better receiver and might prevail over the two. So I did some research on the kid and like what I saw. In the video below from the offseason, he mentions he plans to work out with Brandon Marshall, and talks regularly to Andre Johnson and Antonio Brown. He has a drive to be a great player it seems. So I said what the heck and took a flier on him. Has the measurables. Hope it works out... actually may use him this week with Diggs hurt. It's either him or Jaron Brown. I think it will be him with Britt not practicing.

Browns’ Ricardo Louis on using his speed to scare DBs

Louis has had 23 targets last 3 games since Coleman out.

Great measurables. Joan is an upgrade at QB and had been targeting him alot

Heard Jeff Radcliffe talking about how Jonathan Joseph may shadow him this week.  He felt that was a tough matchup for Louis.  I dont own him in any redraft leagues, but he is a very affordable DFS play, and I have him in a few lineups.  Anyone worried about this matchup for him?  I like the low cost, and the fact that Houston lost 2 stud pass rushers.

Didn't we just do this with Higgins a couple of weeks ago?
Difference is, Higgins was a practice squad guy who really didn't have any special traits. Louis generated lots of preseason buzz and good size (6'2/215), excellent speed and athleticism.

Didn't we just do this with Higgins a couple of weeks ago?
This is my fear - Ricardo has the physical gifts, but despite targets I am not sure the consistency of fantasy value for CLE passingly game is there. Hogan can be an improvement but QB carousels in my memory (addled though it is) turn out poorer more often in terms of that consistency.

Ricardo is definitely getting targets that last couple weeks. That said, people are forgetting about Kenny Britt way too quickly. On a per year basis, the Browns signed Britt to a contract that makes him the 20th highest paid WR in the league. They handed him lower level WR1 money and let Pryor walk. If Britt plays this week, watch out. The game script could be really good for him.

Ricardo is definitely getting targets that last couple weeks. That said, people are forgetting about Kenny Britt way too quickly. On a per year basis, the Browns signed Britt to a contract that makes him the 20th highest paid WR in the league. They handed him lower level WR1 money and let Pryor walk. If Britt plays this week, watch out. The game script could be really good for him.
If he keeps doing his Dwyane Bowe imitation Louis has nothing to worry about. It's Duke Hyou Johnson, Njoku, and even Kasen Williams he should think about.

Users who are viewing this thread