What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Tim Lincecum (1 Viewer)

take it easy friend.  i was just busting your balls.  i don't even really like the cubs.  
This... this I don't believe. You've bought into your own lies.

Thom Brennaman is so ####### pissed at you right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for this kid for some time, I think he'll be special. 

146 IP

7 Wins

4.00 ERA

1.28 WHIP

150ks

Live stream is off to a start worthy of the back end of the Giants' rotation with black screen and ambient sound. 

Feed just came in.  Timmy looks comfortable.  It's hard to tell from behind the screen how much he's extending.

No idea how many pitches he just threw but now he's taking a break.

Camera just pivoted to the crowd.  Higher percentage of white guys in sunglasses than a regular season game

He threw 20 pitches in the second inning.  Seemed like mostly fastballs but there were also off-speed stuff mixed in.  There wasn't a gun or any commentary so velocity info is unavailable.  His motion seemed a bit more efficient and self-contained.  The stream zoomed to his motion part of the time.  This made it impossible to tell if he was consistently hitting the target.  He had at least two pitches in the second round where he appeared to miss high but he mostly was hitting his spots when they showed the catcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman 8m8 minutes ago

tim lincecum threw for 25-30 scouts this afternoon in seattle (at least 15 teams, likely 20). said to have thrown 90-93 mph, better than two years ago. chance for a job: improved.

FB Mph by Year:

2016 - 87.7

2015 - 87.2

2014 - 89.6

2013 - 90.2

2012 - 90.4

2011 - 92.3

2010 - 91.3

2009 - 92.4

2008 - 94.1

2007 - 94.2

2011 was the last time he was really good.  Go Timmy, go.

Jeff Passan‏   @JeffPassan

Sources: Tim Lincecum is deep into talks with the Texas Rangers on a one-year major league deal, and the expectation is it gets done soon. One possible plan for Lincecum: pitch out of the bullpen. And with the Rangers' closer job wide open, he's got a good shot at securing it.

Users who are viewing this thread