What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Time Soccer Tourney Group A Lehigh98 v Native (1 Viewer)

Which team has better offensive substitutes. Which team has better defensive substitutes? (Factor

• Lehigh98 has better offensive and defensive substitutes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Native has better offensive and defensive substitutes.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Lehigh98 has better offensive substitutes, but Native has better defensive substitutes.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Native has better offensive substitutes, but Lehigh98 has better defensive substitutes.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Lehigh Roll 4 Disadvantage

1d20

No action

Team Native is huffing and puffing, but Lehigh is keeping men behind the ball and defending resolutely.  Bobby Moore has been titanic!

Native Roll 5 (Neutral Upgraded from Disadvantage)

1d20

Set Piece Conceded

Lehigh Set Piece (5 or 6 scores)

1d6

Netzer tries to recapture the magic, but he misses badly to the left.

Also, someone needs to photoshop Neymar's hair onto Gil from The Simpsons, because that's the image in my head every time I hear the name "Gilmar"

Lehigh Roll 5 disadvantage

1d20

Scoring chance off post (Native can convert to a goal with finishing savings roll)

Native Finishing Roll (5 or 6 converts chance to goal)

1d6

Platini plays a beautiful through ball between Moore and Carlos Alberto to Ibrahimovic.  Ibra blasts a shot that amazingly hits the left post AND the right post before crossing the goal line.  Just as Zlatan intended it to.

Lehigh98 2-1 Native

Native Roll 6 Neutral
1d20

Set Piece Earned

Native Set Piece (5 or 6 scores)

1d6

The crowd is on it's feet as we reach the 87th minutes.  Platini has free kick from a tasty central position.  He stutter steps and shoots ... 4 yards wide.  Was that Native's last chance?

Lehigh Roll 6 (Neutral)

1d20

Own Goal Conceded.

In a last ditch effort, Redondo plays a long ball to Ibra.  He wins the header.  It's fallen to Del Piero who sends a wicked shot in.  It's heading wide, but it hits Hummels in the back and deflects past a disconsolate Zoff.  Team Lehigh cannot believe its luck, they still believe the previous goal was erroneously allowed!

Lehigh98 2-2 Native

OK, I'm sorry Native, but I have to fix my mistake.

The full time whistle has blown and Rinus Michels and the Lehigh players are surrounding Mark Clatterburg.  Clatterburg points to his wrist to indicate that his goal line decision system had gone off for Zlatan's goal.  But Michels points to Clatterburg's wrist himself.  Clatterburg, to his shock and dismay, sees that he had worn the wrong watch!  The buzzing was indicating that it was time for his wife's Wednesday night book club!  Clatterburg consults with the fourth official and the announcement is made.

Lehigh is declared the winner, 2-1.

:tfp:

Truthfully, my guys deserved to lose. Cant beat Lehigh67 with Rivaldo/Rivelino sent off for simulation/impersonation. We have work to do.

Nice job, thanks!  Sorry I missed the action.

Had a travel tryout and a practice for different ages on adjacent fields.

Users who are viewing this thread