What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Condi Rice? (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
So there are increasing rumors on the radio that Bil Kristol is spearheading a conservative movement to get Condi Rice to run 3rd party and that she is seriously considering it. 

Would this have any impact? Would it affect your vote? 

I heard Gary Johnson give an interview where he said it was too late for any other third party candidate to get on enough state ballots to really make an impact. Admittedly, I don't know anything about that process. 

Wouldn't the worst way to keep Hillary out of the White House be to get another Republican in there to split the Republican vote?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the worst way to keep Hillary out of the White House be to get another Republican in there to split the Republican vote?  
It wouldn't be about winning the Presidency.  It would be about having a palatable option for non-insane Republicans at the top of the ticket so they don't just stay home in November leading to down-ticket disaster.

I heard Gary Johnson give an interview where he said it was too late for any other third party candidate to get on enough state ballots to really make an impact. Admittedly, I don't know anything about that process. 
Based on a quick google search it looks like most states have deadlines in July and August ... but you also need time to collect the necessary signatures before the deadline.  And you'd have to do that in each states, which means getting 51 different offices set up and sent out with marching orders fairly quickly.

Ironically, I just sent a note to my cousin suggesting (jokingly) that he write in Condi Rice.  I would vote for her.

Maybe they should have put her up in the first ####### place then. Not nearly enough will vote for her now. Might as well just cancel the election and declare Hillary Glorious Leader now.

So there are increasing rumors on the radio that Bil Kristol is spearheading a conservative movement to get Condi Rice to run 3rd party and that she is seriously considering it. 

I specifically heard a report that she flat out declined and would not even consider it. So good luck with that. 

I saw somewhere that the goal of the GOPe is to get a handful of candidates to run in one or a few states each with no intention of a national campaign. States they would have a chance to beat Clinton and Trump and prevent them from picking up the electoral votes for that state. Do this in enough states to ensure nobody gets to 270 and then the President will be picked by the House (Republicans) and they get whichever My Buddy-Haircut Faux-Conservative Puppet they want in the White House. 

This sounds like a conspiracy hatched on the pages of reddit or 4chan but it might explain some of the actions of Cruz/Kasich/GOPe over the past week. With Trump locking up the 1237 and preventing a contested convention they had to move on to Plan Y. 

Rice should run as a 3rd party Black Woman, then we can see just how racist this country truly is. If she could gather even 1-2% of all the votes I would be shocked. 

Viva George Bush policies, where can we find some more people who were part of that blissful run of 2001-2008? Is Donald Rumsfeld available? How about Cheney running independent? Bad ideas and most of these people should be serving jail time right now. 

Edit to add: Most folks won't see the overriding humor in what I just posted so read it again slowly...I'm not actually saying the country is racist as much as I am saying the entire Bush cabinet including Bush 43 should be in a prison. Read it as you like though...

I'm not sure she would have many other choices if she were to run.
Exactly...my point is not that she is a black woman but that's what the media will focus on and also make it seem like folks are not voting for her based on race or gender and I'm simply saying that anyone associated with Bush 43 be it a blood relative down to the chamber maid should be crossed off the list of potential good candidates in politics. 

Rice should run as a 3rd party Black Woman, then we can see just how racist this country truly is. If she could gather even 1-2% of all the votes I would be shocked. 

Viva George Bush policies, where can we find some more people who were part of that blissful run of 2001-2008? Is Donald Rumsfeld available? How about Cheney running independent? Bad ideas and most of these people should be serving jail time right now. 

Edit to add: Most folks won't see the overriding humor in what I just posted so read it again slowly...I'm not actually saying the country is racist as much as I am saying the entire Bush cabinet including Bush 43 should be in a prison. Read it as you like though...
Assuming Hillary wins the D nomination I don't see Condi's past being a big deal. Hillary has just as many blemishes as Condi when it comes to scandals and foreign policy disasters.

It would be Hillary-ious if somehow there was a Trump/Rice ticket. Could you imagine the meltdown of Hillary and SJWs if Trump ran with a minority female? Lol. Their brains would short circuit. 

Bill Kristol thinks he is a king-maker...arrogant tools like him and George Will don't get that the more they go after Trump the stronger they make him...

They can do it if they get additional parties to put her on the ballot, if a party already has ballot access then the GOP can get them to cooperate.

When I go vote for president there are typically like 10 names on the ballot.

Trump wiped these R insiders out. It's entertaining watching them try everything they can think of to try and stop him. Condi is a total loser.

You worry about politics completely too much.  Once you realize that A) your vote doesnt matter (never has and never will) and B)Every candidate once they hit the Oval office is pretty much the same then you will be way better off and you could relax a bit more.

Again your vote doesnt matter.  It never has for many reasons

You worry about politics completely too much.  Once you realize that A) your vote doesnt matter (never has and never will) and B)Every candidate once they hit the Oval office is pretty much the same then you will be way better off and you could relax a bit more.

Hey do you mind, Tim's trying to stave off an apocalypse here, ok?

The Republican Party should just endorse Gary Johnson. Would save the trouble of getting a name on the ballot; could probably get their gal/guy as VP; and most importantly it would allow the GOP to transform and cut bait on 30% fringe element (picked that number out of thin air) that has made a mockery of their party and become the reasonable, conservative movement that many people want; and move Trump, Palin, Christie, et al to the kid's table food fight among themselves.

Tend to agree that people get crazy this during the big elections. However, if just couple a of hundred votes were counted different in Florida in 2000 things would have worked out quite a bit differently than they did, no?

Problem the Rs have if they endorse Johnson is theLib party would qualify in 2020 when the Rs want to win. The Rs should endorse Stein.

Wat?

Seems like a silly idea and I doubt Rice would do it.

The great thing about Hillary winning is I get a clear conscience and get to keep my money.  Win-win.  Sucks for the poor people who are voting for her thinking things will be better.  <- not a Trump endorsement, he's a lunatic.

Users who are viewing this thread