What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (3 Viewers)

Day 2

27.8%

Down about 6 lbs in the first day. So, I figure I should hit my goal in, what, a week?

SPUD ON
I was gonna say you probably lost about 5 lbs in your first day but I even thought that was a bit high.  Its amazing how much water your body holds onto just b/c of your typical high sodium diet.   

Am feeling so miserable.  Can’t tell if it’s just sugar and alcohol withdrawal, I feel like I have the flu, but also a sore throat (my 5 year old has similar symptoms). Got progressively worse throughout the day, just feel awful right now. MrsO convincing me to have one meal of ground chicken, scrambled egg, and avocado tonight and then transitioning back to spuds in the morning.  Not sure which way I’ll go. I do know I’m going to bed early and sleeping in tomorrow.  Oof. 

I guess I’d rather be fat living guy than skinny dead guy ammiright?
Embrace being a fat guy that will more likely have a worse late life or make lifestyle changes that aren't temporary and ineffective. Good health isn't hard if you prioritize it. Good health is very hard if you don't. If you make bad decisions then deal with the consequences. 

Day 40/100

Worked all last night taking care of a kid with cdiff, so that was loads of fun (pun intended). After work, I had to "volunteer" for an event at my kids school, so I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30 this afternoon. Woke up at 7:30p and got to the gym. Had a surprisingly good upper body workout, considering the lack of sleep. I think I'm going to run sprints tomorrow.

Bank: $400

DocHolliday said:
You are sick.  Get rest.  Eat right and get healthy
Went to bed at like 6:30pm last night.  Tossed and turned with chills and hot flashes for a few hours, then went and took some Nyquil.  Had a 100.0 temp.  Even the Nyquil and I was achy and tossing and turning, which shows how nasty this virus was.  Finally fell asleep.  Decided to work from home today, feeling worlds better and not feverish, but still a sore throat and a bit off.  Should be good tomorrow.

I may have to try and eat "regular" food today just to help get over this, but then back on the potato regimen tomorrow.  Sucks because I was feeling great, but just a small bump in the road to sick abs.

Went to bed at like 6:30pm last night.  Tossed and turned with chills and hot flashes for a few hours, then went and took some Nyquil.  Had a 100.0 temp.  Even the Nyquil and I was achy and tossing and turning, which shows how nasty this virus was.  Finally fell asleep.  Decided to work from home today, feeling worlds better and not feverish, but still a sore throat and a bit off.  Should be good tomorrow.

I may have to try and eat "regular" food today just to help get over this, but then back on the potato regimen tomorrow.  Sucks because I was feeling great, but just a small bump in the road to sick abs.
Being sick sucks but always reminds me (for a few days) that those of us that are normally healthy are blessed.   this is just a tiny bump on your road to being ripped.  

Day 41/100

My hamstrings are a little cooked from the volunteer work I did yesterday, so I made the asinine decision to see how fast I could run a mile today. Answer: not very fast. Ended up doing about 5 miles total, 4 of it running. I think I'm just going to try a yoga day tomorrow. My wife spent $100 on the Beach Body program for Roku, and somebody should probably use it.

Bank: $410

Otis said:
Am feeling so miserable.  Can’t tell if it’s just sugar and alcohol withdrawal, I feel like I have the flu, but also a sore throat (my 5 year old has similar symptoms). Got progressively worse throughout the day, just feel awful right now. MrsO convincing me to have one meal of ground chicken, scrambled egg, and avocado tonight and then transitioning back to spuds in the morning.  Not sure which way I’ll go. I do know I’m going to bed early and sleeping in tomorrow.  Oof. 
Sort of seems like some (potato) vodka should be part of this diet, no?

Who has two thumbs and lost over 10lbs in the past 3 days?

THIS GUY

29.3%

(The Aria measurements on body fat are all over the map here, just can’t be right...)

Who has two thumbs and lost over 10lbs in the past 3 days?

THIS GUY

29.3%

(The Aria measurements on body fat are all over the map here, just can’t be right...)

Day 1:  231.6

Normal eating today (some snacks and junk food, but went shopping for potatoes midday and transitioning tonight.  Mrs. O is cooking up some baked potatoes with some seasoning for dinner.  That will be the beginning of the hack.

I've in recent weeks done two things that should make this a little easier.  First, and maybe most importantly this coming Thursday will make two weeks without alcohol.  Been a long time since I've done that.  Second, I have been eating only a protein bar for lunch in recent weeks, no breakfast.  So I've been going long stretches without much food.  I figure I'll have some spuds with some morning coffee (black) before I leave the house, and then I'll have whatever potato treat she's made for dinner.   I've been drinking flavored seltzers recently in place of booze, and may continue that as well, though we do have in-door sparkling water in our fridge now, so I could theoretically drink that whenever and regardless of what we have in the house at the time.

Link of interest
Randomly check in this thread every few months. Completely shocking to typically see the same weight every time I check in.

Just saying.

Posts above from page 1 and last page.

Day 42/100

Did 40 minutes on a beginners yoga video. I've never done yoga before- harder than I anticipated, but low impact, so that was a nice break. I'll probably go ahead and do the next video tomorrow since I'll be coming home from work/sleeping to work again tomorrow night.

Bank: $420

Day 42/100

Did 40 minutes on a beginners yoga video. I've never done yoga before- harder than I anticipated, but low impact, so that was a nice break. I'll probably go ahead and do the next video tomorrow since I'll be coming home from work/sleeping to work again tomorrow night.

Bank: $420
Curios what video you did.  I bought a yoga mat and so far I've used it for stretching and ab work but I need to start this. 

Day 43/100

Left work at 7:15, home at 8ish. changed and went to the park to run. Ended up doing about 4 miles. Time to sleep, and back to work tonight.

Bank: $430

Thinking about doing this.   What kind of improvements?   Strength?  Size on arms or shoulders?
the amount of power I have feels 150% more. shoulders arms and pecs feel stronger/bigger. I read a review of some dude who did it and he gained  1.5" in his arms and chest improved in the 30 days. I started on 7/1 and not regretting it. I started adding in 100 crunches into my routine also for this month to see how it goes.

the amount of power I have feels 150% more. shoulders arms and pecs feel stronger/bigger. I read a review of some dude who did it and he gained  1.5" in his arms and chest improved in the 30 days. I started on 7/1 and not regretting it. I started adding in 100 crunches into my routine also for this month to see how it goes.
Interesting.  I need to try this.  What is the rest of your workout routine?

It's fun to see him lose those 10 lbs of water, plateau, give up, gain them back, then "get serious this time", lose those same 10 lbs again, plateau, give up, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Dude is the yo-yo.
What you're missing is that each time, while my weight is similar, my composition improves.  Srsly.  I have more muscle now and am in much better shape.  That matters bro.

Day 44/100

Slept like crap before work yesterday, and have a full day/evening ahead, so I just knocked out a 20min upper body yoga session. Now to sleep for a few hours.

Bank: $440

Big League Chew said:
4 day cycle no rest

calf raises pushups crunches & cardio daily

shoulder/trap

bicep triceps forearms

chest/back

legs
Similar to what I do... except on a 3 day cycle

Chest, biceps, triceps, forearms

Back, shoulder, trap

Legs

Rationale being that chest work usually involves the triceps and shoulder/back overlap in the same way.

Abs and cardio on a daily/regular basis is common...  not so much for calf raises.  Overly conscious about those skinny legs?

Curious about daily pushups, especially 100 repetitions.  Before or after weight lifting?  How many sets to hit 100 reps?  Why no rest days?  Age?

Similar to what I do... except on a 3 day cycle

Chest, biceps, triceps, forearms

Back, shoulder, trap

Legs

Rationale being that chest work usually involves the triceps and shoulder/back overlap in the same way.

Abs and cardio on a daily/regular basis is common...  not so much for calf raises.  Overly conscious about those skinny legs?

Curious about daily pushups, especially 100 repetitions.  Before or after weight lifting?  How many sets to hit 100 reps?  Why no rest days?  Age?
Been skinny forever. Trying to fill out

Example on arms I’ll do 14 hammers then start the cycle: 10 pushups/crunches/ vertical knee raises then back to the hammer rinse repeat. Usually go 50mins nonstop then 20 on elliptical 

Had a decent eating week and a great workout week.  I’m back in training to hopefully do a sprint tri this fall but we’ll see how my leg cooperates.

i ended up doing only about 40 hours of my fast as I had a work event that I decided to partake in.  Still doing IF pretty consistently.

LET’S GO @Otis

Day 46/100

Upper body work at the gym today. Next couple of days are going to suck. I avoid working 3 nights in a row like the plague because it's so hard on me, but I had to do it this week. Working Mon, Tue, Wed nights. I'll probably knock out an exercise or yoga video when I get home each morning. That'll be the most efficient way for me to get my days in/keep the streak alive.

Bank: $460

Where we at oats?   Give us the news we're all looking to read.
Still feeling awful. This virus is killing me.  Doctor this weekend, gave me some cough crap, nasal spray, and a steroid.  I medicated hard all weekend and feel just as bad today.  Flew down to DC and back for a work thing today, think I may just take the day off tomorrow to continue to recoup because this stinks.

PS I wasn’t even able to get to the gym to see if the steroid would make me instajacked 😕 

Users who are viewing this thread