What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

Yes, basically, or do some sort of league safe thing. 

I'm a competitive guy who likes to know the stakes and know they're set. The act of paying will/would motivate me. 
League safe? We're making charitable donations - if someone doesn't pay $100 to charity, that's some CSTU kinda stuff.

I see no point in any of that, but if you want I'll send to Otis.

I don't get this. Pretty simple:

- weight from 1/2 - 4/1 ... based on total percent lost

- $100 donation from the losers to the top 2 winner's charity of choice

There, just summed it up in two lines. Nobody wants in for the charity?

I don't get this. Pretty simple:

- weight from 1/2 - 4/1 ... based on total percent lost

- $100 donation from the losers to the top 2 winner's charity of choice

There, just summed it up in two lines. Nobody wants in for the charity?
Yes I think most people are still in for the charity.   Only one previous yes (Sabertooth) has dropped out so far.

Pretty sure Otis makes enough loot and would be easy enough to doxx (not that I have that info) that nobody has anything to worry about with him providing escrow services.

In for the charity thingy.

Weighed 208.8 this morning - my highest in a year. That's not official though. I'm going to pack on another pound or so today by eating a last-hurrah burrito from Ricardo's and do my official weigh tomorrow.

I'm still in but I liked it much better when it was a friendly bet between innerweb ibuddies.  I was looking forward to spending Otis's ill gotten loot.

The Last Supper:

• Black-eyed peas with smoke pork sausage served over Royal Blend rice (white, brown, wild and red)
  • Grilled chicken breast - took out of the freezer Thursday, so need to cook today (not something I normally prepare on NYD)
  • Spinach w/bacon
  • Cabbage dumplings w/Mornay sauce
  • Polenta

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in but I liked it much better when it was a friendly bet between innerweb ibuddies.  I was looking forward to spending Otis's ill gotten loot.
I'm more excited to get you ####ers to donate to the charities you prob hate. That Otis Pit Bull charity would be excellent shtick.

This.. call me an #####, but I give to charity all the time.  

I don't get to take fantasy football message board legends' money..... well, ever, to date.  This was motivating.

I'm more excited to get you ####ers to donate to the charities you prob hate. That Otis Pit Bull charity would be excellent shtick.
:D  I was actually already planning on spending your money on a meal of every kind of potato served at a restaurant and posting a pic of the dinner receipt. With me holding the receipt, wearing an old Casio calculator watch.

well, It made me laugh.

This.. call me an #####, but I give to charity all the time.  

I don't get to take fantasy football message board legends' money..... well, ever, to date.  This was motivating.
Well you would get the value of the tax write off and being a FBG should be about 40%.

haven't read the previous pages, but people don't trust Otis? 

Thanks, CSTU
Everyone trusts Otis, although it would be the greatest schtick ever for him to take the money and run.

Contest swelled from like 10 to 25 and I'd bet we'd be at like 40 by end of the day on the honor system.

To be realistic, I'm sure someone here would be slightly dishonest for like $3k, it is what it is. 

I don't have a scale, and I'm not really looking to lose a bunch of weight, but I do think checking in on this thread helps me be healthier.  When I read these posts I think "let's not drink/eat garbage, let's be healthy instead" and that's a pretty useful guiding light.  So I'll keep checking in here, even though I can't really participate.  But hopefully I'm looking my best in 3 months, anyway.

Gluttonous day slowed by this apparent winter cold that came on strong this morning. Not happy about this. Will be even less happy if I'm still feeling sick tomorrow. 

So much of this stuff is mental.  You guys not starting with @Otis today are not hawks.  Going to need to switch habits bigly to win

I am well over 400 lbs and I recently turned 40 and this is the year I am going to freaking do something about it. I'm tired of making excuses. I'm tired of deluding myself into thinking that I "carry the weight well" on my 6'7 frame. I really want to make a significant change and I hope it's not too late. Not going to buy in to the 3 month contest because I need to make a wholesale lifestyle change, not just work towards short-term gains. (losses)  I think a LCHF plan is probably my best bet, but I am more than willing to listen to advice from FBGs thinner than me. (Pretty much everyone then.)

I am well over 400 lbs and I recently turned 40 and this is the year I am going to freaking do something about it. I'm tired of making excuses. I'm tired of deluding myself into thinking that I "carry the weight well" on my 6'7 frame. I really want to make a significant change and I hope it's not too late. Not going to buy in to the 3 month contest because I need to make a wholesale lifestyle change, not just work towards short-term gains. (losses)  I think a LCHF plan is probably my best bet, but I am more than willing to listen to advice from FBGs thinner than me. (Pretty much everyone then.)
Why don't you join in and post your progress just for fun. The accountability might help keep you on track.

Yeah, c'mon down. I want to see how you progress.

I'm Pseudo-in. Again no money but will update and check in here. Will begin 1/3. Will do the first 21 days doing the Purium Cleanse which is normally a 10 day program. Then will take a bday or two of real food and reassess based on progress to that point. Likely just healthy eating and excercise. Will figure it out later. 

Get on the Keto Reddit.  Plenty of guys who started bigger than you who have dropped 150+.  You have height which I'd love to have (5'7").  

Official weigh in 260.2 lbs.  

It was higher, I worked out and sat in the sauna until I about passed out before getting back on scale because I really didn't want that second digit to be a 6.  :bag:

My zany method:

Work out

Eat real food (no processed foods)

No beer ... an easy 20 pound loss to be had on this last point,

Users who are viewing this thread