What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (5 Viewers)

I don’t feel like starting a new thread for this, so since it’s slightly health-related I’ll post it here.  Any recommendations for good, really good, pillows?  My neck pain has been through the roof, and along with the usual tension I think it’s pillow-related.  When I went out of town this week, the pain subsided a lot (which was also undoubtedly related to less tension), and I noticed the pillows at the house were comfier.  I’m not concerned about price, if this would ease the pain.

I’m a back and side sleeper, if it matters.  In fact, I’ve noticed recently that my most common sleep position is like a reclining tree pose.
I have been after this answer for a long time, when I was a kid I had one forever that was the best best best, had to be a foam one that never seemed to lose it's shape. The ones they sell in the store now turn to crud after a few months if not sooner. 

We did manage to find 2 outstanding ones a few months back and I have begged my wife to BUY MORE, lots of them so we have them. I have to get the name of these but they seem to have a "fleur de lis" in the corner on one of the sides of the pillow.

I try to do them at one time (4 blocks of 25 pushups one minute apart).  It’s really easy at this point.
Can you share what the impact has had on your arms and chest? No need to be modest here, I want to here the details. What about the abs area, has it had any impact on that section? 

I think I could maybe start off with 40-50 a day and spread out, build up to something like what you did although I bet you already had some muscle in those areas. 

That's amazing what you did. 

Can you share what the impact has had on your arms and chest? No need to be modest here, I want to here the details. What about the abs area, has it had any impact on that section? 

I think I could maybe start off with 40-50 a day and spread out, build up to something like what you did although I bet you already had some muscle in those areas. 

Fred was doing pushups before I was and had a better base but we both used this program to ramp up and thought it worked well

https://hundredpushups.com/

Neither of us ended up doing a hundred consecutive although I haven't given up on it. Both of us topped out around 70ish if I remember correctly. Towards the end of that program you'll be doing 150 plus per day and won't think 100 in a day is that difficult anymore.  

I'm doing 100 a day now in February instead of randomly dropping and doing 50 like I was before, and I'm breaking it into sets of 35 35 30 for the most part and doing them with a minute or two rest in between.  

The lack of rest days in between is definitely taxing my muscles and I am seeing results in my pecs and triceps. My core is absolutely exhausted from shoveling and I have stopped my core yoga routine and other cardio for a couple days to catch up, so my back sags down a bit on the last few but it's usually a good core workout too. 

Regarding how it looks, there's no question that it's visible, and for me as a less fat than I used to be guy that probably looks different than never got that fat fred_1_15301. For me it means that my upper chest looks a little tighter and there's the bulge of a pec at the top. I'm still fat so I'm not chiseled at all but there's no man boobs. I used to get a line between my chest and gut, which you probably did too at your peak weight. No line anymore, not even a hint of it.  I look like I used to be in shape and got fat. 

Fred was doing pushups before I was and had a better base but we both used this program to ramp up and thought it worked well

https://hundredpushups.com/

Neither of us ended up doing a hundred consecutive although I haven't given up on it. Both of us topped out around 70ish if I remember correctly. Towards the end of that program you'll be doing 150 plus per day and won't think 100 in a day is that difficult anymore.  

I'm doing 100 a day now in February instead of randomly dropping and doing 50 like I was before, and I'm breaking it into sets of 35 35 30 for the most part and doing them with a minute or two rest in between.  

The lack of rest days in between is definitely taxing my muscles and I am seeing results in my pecs and triceps. My core is absolutely exhausted from shoveling and I have stopped my core yoga routine and other cardio for a couple days to catch up, so my back sags down a bit on the last few but it's usually a good core workout too. 

Regarding how it looks, there's no question that it's visible, and for me as a less fat than I used to be guy that probably looks different than never got that fat fred_1_15301. For me it means that my upper chest looks a little tighter and there's the bulge of a pec at the top. I'm still fat so I'm not chiseled at all but there's no man boobs. I used to get a line between my chest and gut, which you probably did too at your peak weight. No line anymore, not even a hint of it.  I look like I used to be in shape and got fat. 
I like things that don't require a gym. I also have a medicine ball, full size Everlast one, not sure how we got this thing but I never use it and want to somehow incorporate it. 

Back to the pushups, I will hit the link and think about how fast I can start jumping on this. Requires very little time I'm assuming vs an hour of cardio etc...I'm guessing you are done in 10-15 minutes. 

I like things that don't require a gym. I also have a medicine ball, full size Everlast one, not sure how we got this thing but I never use it and want to somehow incorporate it. 

Back to the pushups, I will hit the link and think about how fast I can start jumping on this. Requires very little time I'm assuming vs an hour of cardio etc...I'm guessing you are done in 10-15 minutes. 
Pushups are awesome and they definitely hit your chest, triceps, core and butt if you use good form. There are people who say that the only thing pushups really make you better at is doing more pushups but for someone like me they were awesome and jump started my other exercises.

Make sure you aren't cheating on your form as you start.  Don't try to do lots of bad pushups. Nobody's watching you to see how many you can do, but people will see the results if you do good ones and you'll be less likely to get hurt.  If you are struggling to finish your sets just repeat the week. This was a six week program but I spent about 10 weeks on it and I think fred spent about 8 or 9. We're not 20 years old. It's not written just for us. 

Gll

Anyone else using the push-up bars? Helps with form, let’s you get much deeper into the push-up, and easier on the wrists (I have bad wrists). We just have the old cheap foam covered bars, but looks like they have new fancy ones that rotate. 

Greetings to everyone,

I apologize for not checking in as often as I probably should. I have been exercising quite often, sometimes I miss a cycle ride here or there but I play Tennis at least an avg of 60 Min a day when you add it all up over 4 visits per week. 

-They built a new clubhouse they stock full of whatever the brew crew and I request for when we are done playing tennis, we sit outside on the "rooftop" area and we almost single handedly keep the place in business, this place they just built is gorgeous and it feels like we are the only ones that take advantage of it because people are super scared and we do understand why, but we sit outside spread out and shoot the #### after tennis for a good hour, all men, some prefer to wear a mask, we don't talk politics or make a big deal out of any of that stuff.  I've built this social group up since we were allowed back on the tennis courts and of course I came back lighter, much skinnier than when I left and it put me in the leadership role of the group, these guys lean on me for a lot of the heavy lifting, organizing, running the weekly matches.

-There is another fellow who is 72 years old, he runs the 7:30am Sat group, there's 12 of us and between my Thurs Night group and his Sat group we work together in case we need a Sub as things come up. We started hanging out a lot and he loves when we pair up in Doubles, I run down all the drop shots and he usually gets to win a set when he's my partner, I will be 47 this coming April and as I have shared, I lost my father when I was 30 to cancer. My friend here, I wanted him to be more of an older brother but he has girls not boys and he's from Brooklyn, Vietnam Vet, owns a shipping company in town, I used to own a trucking company so we get together now once a week for lunch so we "discuss" things. And we talk about everything, he has great stories and luckily I have a few too. He's a father like influence I would say and certainly "The Godfather" of this group I play tennis and hang out in. 

I always think mental health is an important part of any health plan. Tennis helps me mentally and when I play my best, it's because I am focused. If you can focus on the tennis court then you can focus on other things in life, it's also good for releasing emotions you have bottled up between court times. 

Finally and with great delight I share with you that my son is coming to watch the Super Bowl with dad this weekend, rolling into town late Sat Night/Early Sun and will be camping out for several days here. We both will be rooting pretty hard for the Bucs but no matter the outcome we will be together for our first Super Bowl. 3 years ago when he entered my life, I had him for the 1st week of the NFL season and he fell asleep in my wife's chair, just wasn't into football that much. Then he saw me playing Fantasy Football and started asking questions...he's won his league 2 yrs in a row now, admits fantasy was the driving force for him watching it but he has been ALL BUCS this year since Brady arrived, he lives in Tampa/St Pete, that's where he was born. 

My focus right now is on my son and his visit and I promise I will get back in the groove after the Super Bowl. My son and I have activities planned like bikes and hikes so we can enjoy some afternoon adult beverages. 

Cheers from South Florida
Hearing these stories of yours makes me green with envy.  I used to play tennis competitively in high school and college.  Haven’t touched a racket more than I can count on one hand since then.  Really, really miss that great sport.

Anyone else using the push-up bars? Helps with form, let’s you get much deeper into the push-up, and easier on the wrists (I have bad wrists). We just have the old cheap foam covered bars, but looks like they have new fancy ones that rotate. 
I’ve never used one before.  Does it also serve as a pull-up bar (sorry no clue what it looks like)?

It has made a difference pretty much everywhere (although not sure about abs lol).  Although I do a lot of body combat and body pump (e.g. strength/cardio mixed training that utilizes lots of repetitions at lighter weights) and that definitely has contributed. 

Once you get used to it, 100 pushups a day isn't really that hard to do.  It's not like I'm doing them straight without taking a break.  As bostonfred said, once you complete the push-up challenge this becomes a piece of cake.  Honestly I think I can do this forever (at least until my body is physically not able to anymore).  It has just become part of my daily routine.  Keep us updated on your progress.

My wrists hurt as well when doing pushups. I have never liked pushup bars or things like the perfect pushup. The perfect pushup I just never got to trusting the rotation as mine made me lose control of the speed of the rotation. It's tough to explain. Basically it felt a little off.

I have found that I do enjoy doing pushups on carpet or have my hand area on a yoga mat. That little bit of squish helps my wrist feel like normal.

Greetings to everyone,

I apologize for not checking in as often as I probably should. I have been exercising quite often, sometimes I miss a cycle ride here or there but I play Tennis at least an avg of 60 Min a day when you add it all up over 4 visits per week. 

-They built a new clubhouse they stock full of whatever the brew crew and I request for when we are done playing tennis, we sit outside on the "rooftop" area and we almost single handedly keep the place in business, this place they just built is gorgeous and it feels like we are the only ones that take advantage of it because people are super scared and we do understand why, but we sit outside spread out and shoot the #### after tennis for a good hour, all men, some prefer to wear a mask, we don't talk politics or make a big deal out of any of that stuff.  I've built this social group up since we were allowed back on the tennis courts and of course I came back lighter, much skinnier than when I left and it put me in the leadership role of the group, these guys lean on me for a lot of the heavy lifting, organizing, running the weekly matches.

-There is another fellow who is 72 years old, he runs the 7:30am Sat group, there's 12 of us and between my Thurs Night group and his Sat group we work together in case we need a Sub as things come up. We started hanging out a lot and he loves when we pair up in Doubles, I run down all the drop shots and he usually gets to win a set when he's my partner, I will be 47 this coming April and as I have shared, I lost my father when I was 30 to cancer. My friend here, I wanted him to be more of an older brother but he has girls not boys and he's from Brooklyn, Vietnam Vet, owns a shipping company in town, I used to own a trucking company so we get together now once a week for lunch so we "discuss" things. And we talk about everything, he has great stories and luckily I have a few too. He's a father like influence I would say and certainly "The Godfather" of this group I play tennis and hang out in. 

I always think mental health is an important part of any health plan. Tennis helps me mentally and when I play my best, it's because I am focused. If you can focus on the tennis court then you can focus on other things in life, it's also good for releasing emotions you have bottled up between court times. 

Finally and with great delight I share with you that my son is coming to watch the Super Bowl with dad this weekend, rolling into town late Sat Night/Early Sun and will be camping out for several days here. We both will be rooting pretty hard for the Bucs but no matter the outcome we will be together for our first Super Bowl. 3 years ago when he entered my life, I had him for the 1st week of the NFL season and he fell asleep in my wife's chair, just wasn't into football that much. Then he saw me playing Fantasy Football and started asking questions...he's won his league 2 yrs in a row now, admits fantasy was the driving force for him watching it but he has been ALL BUCS this year since Brady arrived, he lives in Tampa/St Pete, that's where he was born. 

My focus right now is on my son and his visit and I promise I will get back in the groove after the Super Bowl. My son and I have activities planned like bikes and hikes so we can enjoy some afternoon adult beverages. 

Cheers from South Florida
Love the stories MoP! With your tennis groups, is there any low bar for required skill in the sport? I have always been interested in joining things around here, but have never meet a sport I can't pick up quickly.

I am envious as I moved into a community that has tennis/pickleball/golf/etc a few months before everything shut down. I look forward to the day it's easier to meet lots of the peoples around here and hang out in our brand new clubhouse as well. Whiskey Wednesdays (their term) may need to be budgeted in for soon. That and I love just shooting the #### at restaurants and bars, when the wife is the take out queen, so it would make both of us happier.

Love the stories MoP! With your tennis groups, is there any low bar for required skill in the sport? I have always been interested in joining things around here, but have never meet a sport I can't pick up quickly.

I am envious as I moved into a community that has tennis/pickleball/golf/etc a few months before everything shut down. I look forward to the day it's easier to meet lots of the peoples around here and hang out in our brand new clubhouse as well. Whiskey Wednesdays (their term) may need to be budgeted in for soon. That and I love just shooting the #### at restaurants and bars, when the wife is the take out queen, so it would make both of us happier.
Most good tennis centers have a beginner's level clinic they run at different times of the week. 

I started in an intermediate level Sat Morn clinic for like 6 months to get some of the shots worked out from when I remembered playing when I was like 13...mind you I was almost 260 lbs a couple years back, the Tennis got me down to where I was last Mar/Apr when I started doing a lot more activity consistently and also watching what I was eating a little more. 

Clinics for a while until you meet some folks and start playing actual Sets. Youtube has an expansive library of tools, I specifically like CrunchTime Tennis, Coach Pete from Univ of Georgia, he's about my age and he has awesome videos, like a private lesson, just watch them and apply a new tool or technique slowly one stroke at a time, just keep building. The more you play the better you get, it's that simple. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Blasted around at an 18:55 pace. Looking forward to getting back on a tennis court. The last time I played competitively was at about 310 pounds in my early forties, and I beat two dudes ranked in the top 100 of the Texas men's 3.5s. Thinking about terrorizing the over-60 division this fall. 😈

Blasted around at an 18:55 pace. Looking forward to getting back on a tennis court. The last time I played competitively was at about 310 pounds in my early forties, and I beat two dudes ranked in the top 100 of the Texas men's 3.5s. Thinking about terrorizing the over-60 division this fall. 😈
This is fantastic.  Kill 'em.

Been doing my yoga and pushups this week along w/ dog walking.  Still using MFP and staying right around my calorie goal (eating exercise calories).  

Today I tied my personal record at 198.  I was there back in early November before falling off the election and Holiday cliff.  Back there today and have been sober for over a month.  May have a little bourbon tonight to celebrate.  Definitely will have bourbon for the super bowl.  

@krista4

Pillows Pillows Pillows!!!

Down Alt-S&F

They are so comfy, try them and see what you think, I find a single one does the trick, some folks prefer a pillow on top of another. I don't think that's a bad price either, we own 2 of them and I nudged the Mrs to order a couple more. 

Almost an hour, almost every day.

This is my mantra, and ultimately this is the argument that won out as I negotiated with myself for the first 20 minutes to cut today's walk short. As unpleasant as it seemed when I walked outside and the 48-degree fog decided to start falling, on the last quarter-mile I've whipped the hoodie off and I'm hauling ten kinds of ###.

The scale says I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Got a good little rhythm going. Happy Carb Cycling Day!

@krista4

Pillows Pillows Pillows!!!

Down Alt-S&F

They are so comfy, try them and see what you think, I find a single one does the trick, some folks prefer a pillow on top of another. I don't think that's a bad price either, we own 2 of them and I nudged the Mrs to order a couple more. 
Thanks!  I got the one recommended by SouthJersey and brun upthread, but if it doesn’t work I’ll turn to this next.  The one I got...well, I’ve never had a pillow that came with so many instructions!  Or actually, any instructions.  They take their pillow-ing seriously.

Yoga for weight loss - hips and hamstrings - 32 minutes, got a decent sweat going but also got some deep stretching through the hips which were still a little sore from the week. It's not a long practice and doesn't do much arms but I'm doing my pushups/lifting along with it so I'm good today
Thanks for posting this one.  I just did it and really enjoyed.  It seemed like constant movement, which made it feel like it went really fast.  Definitely keep this one on our list!

I'm going to try to do another one later of ~30 minutes.  Yesterday on her February calendar was a 29-minute Yoga for Lower Back and Hamstrings, so I might do that one.

Thanks for posting this one.  I just did it and really enjoyed.  It seemed like constant movement, which made it feel like it went really fast.  Definitely keep this one on our list!

I'm going to try to do another one later of ~30 minutes.  Yesterday on her February calendar was a 29-minute Yoga for Lower Back and Hamstrings, so I might do that one.
I did this one this afternoon, too.  Good if you want something stretchy stretchy.  100% floor work, mostly lots of "yummy" hamstrings stretches.

Today is the only new Adriene for the month, a 52-minute practice called "Yoga for Uncertainty."  Sneaky difficult.  Nothing ever moves quickly, so I thought it was going to be a breeze, but I found myself shaky by the end.  Going to feel this one tomorrow, I think!  Lots of core, and it even has side planks.

So far so good this month.  No drinks until today, but I've already had two Grey Goose mixed drinks for the super bowl :unsure:

Day 6 (killer six pack or whatever) was really hard, my abs are very sore today.  I'll probably add that to my rotation of workouts when the 30 day challenge is over. 

Adrienne is quirky/silly in all the best ways, I may have a bit of a crush on her :wub:  

Eating better this month and tracking calories, checked in at 199 so feel like I'm on track.

Today is the only new Adriene for the month, a 52-minute practice called "Yoga for Uncertainty."  Sneaky difficult.  Nothing ever moves quickly, so I thought it was going to be a breeze, but I found myself shaky by the end.  Going to feel this one tomorrow, I think!  Lots of core, and it even has side planks.
Wish I'd read this earlier because I did an old standby, yoga for weight loss, total body workout. 62 minutes with lots of upper back stretch moves and planks and flows, you never really stop moving and it really is a nice full body workout but I'm excited for anything new in the 50 plus minute range even if it has side planks. Will try this one next weekend probably unless I end up with some extra exercise time during the week. 

So far so good this month.  No drinks until today, but I've already had two Grey Goose mixed drinks for the super bowl :unsure:

Day 6 (killer six pack or whatever) was really hard, my abs are very sore today.  I'll probably add that to my rotation of workouts when the 30 day challenge is over. 

Adrienne is quirky/silly in all the best ways, I may have a bit of a crush on her :wub:  

Eating better this month and tracking calories, checked in at 199 so feel like I'm on track.
She has a few of those tough core workouts. She actually did several 30 day challenges and usually does abs on day 6 for 6 pack abs so if you want to try other 15 to 25 minute core stuff there's plenty of content. The one you did has the crossover dribble move which I thought was about as tough as it gets but there are two i find even harder and a couple that work different areas too.  She really does a great job mixing together moves into workouts you want to do and yeah she's a goof and super cute to boot. Glad you're enjoying it and enjoying some grey goose 

Had a little bourbon Friday and more yesterday.  Still did relatively well eating this weekend, but didn't track anything last night and had a decent amount of cheese dip.  Oh well.  

Been fighting some head congestion (which sucks during some yoga poses) and lost some of my sense of taste/smell this weekend.  My rapid Covid test at the urgent care was negative, but I'm going to try to get into see my real doctor today.  

Plan to hit it hard this week with yoga daily and pushups, but have to see what the doctor says today also.

Get my first Covid shot today.  From what I hear, I will likely be sore for a day or two.  I’m behind by 100 pushups so will do 200 before my shot and then likely find myself behind again the next couple days.  

Had a little bourbon Friday and more yesterday.  Still did relatively well eating this weekend, but didn't track anything last night and had a decent amount of cheese dip.  Oh well.  

Been fighting some head congestion (which sucks during some yoga poses) and lost some of my sense of taste/smell this weekend.  My rapid Covid test at the urgent care was negative, but I'm going to try to get into see my real doctor today.  

Plan to hit it hard this week with yoga daily and pushups, but have to see what the doctor says today also.
Gl gb

My wife found this and wanted to do it together, we started Jan 4. Hardest thing so far is actually eating enough, it's a combo of whole foods only, IIFYM, and IF. I've lost 19.2 pounds in 19 days. Took a couple weeks before I actually wanted to exercise, but the rowing machine + audio books has been a phenomenal combination. Between the rowing machine and a bike I'm covered for indoor/outdoor cardio, and I have this ordered, it's supposed to show up next week for the gainz. 

I'm optimistic about this sticking for the first time in a while. 
Update: Having legit workout tools at home is a game-changer. I would never go to the gym after the kids go to bed. But as it turns out I will go into the garage. 

Update: Having legit workout tools at home is a game-changer. I would never go to the gym after the kids go to bed. But as it turns out I will go into the garage. 
I won my work league this year and my mind instantly flipped to what nice workout item I can add to my growing collecting. At home workouts save just about as much time as my real workout. I just wish I had a bigger garage.

Greetings Health Enthusiasts,

-Just wanted to leave a quick update about my son visiting. Super Bowl was like surreal but we started walking laps(3Miles) around the golf course in my neighborhood and something is happening that I had not foreseen coming...DAD TALKS, and he loves them. These are the 60 min, 90min, we just walked 6 miles over 2 hours and covered a variety of topics but clearly he needed some answers in regards to things that are "relationship" based specifically his girlfriend who he's been dating for about a year now...that was a little awkward and I won't get into some of the other topics but he insisted we walk a 2nd lap which is what led to 6 miles. 

Believe me, I'm not complaining and I think he was shocked I walked 6 miles with him, I know I could not have had the experience we had this morning and have been doing since he arrived, we've walked about 12 miles in total since he arrived and this has been his best trip to our house by far. Conversation just flows, no forced conversations, something pretty awesome going on here. 

Cheers Everyone! Check back later in week after he splits. 👍

Ministry of Pain said:
Greetings Health Enthusiasts,

-Just wanted to leave a quick update about my son visiting. Super Bowl was like surreal but we started walking laps(3Miles) around the golf course in my neighborhood and something is happening that I had not foreseen coming...DAD TALKS, and he loves them. These are the 60 min, 90min, we just walked 6 miles over 2 hours and covered a variety of topics but clearly he needed some answers in regards to things that are "relationship" based specifically his girlfriend who he's been dating for about a year now...that was a little awkward and I won't get into some of the other topics but he insisted we walk a 2nd lap which is what led to 6 miles. 

Believe me, I'm not complaining and I think he was shocked I walked 6 miles with him, I know I could not have had the experience we had this morning and have been doing since he arrived, we've walked about 12 miles in total since he arrived and this has been his best trip to our house by far. Conversation just flows, no forced conversations, something pretty awesome going on here. 

Cheers Everyone! Check back later in week after he splits. 👍
Awesome.  I won't get into the psychology behind it, but it's said that difficult/awkward conversations are often more effective when walking together.  There's not the dynamic of facing each other (which creates opposite sides), little expectation of eye contact, and it's just easier to handle tough subjects.   

Covid PCR test was negative :pickle: , so being treated for a generic sinus infection.  

Going to opt out of exercising until I can get to feeling a little better.  I didn't even make a full day of work yesterday.  

Almost an hour, almost every day.

This is my mantra, and ultimately this is the argument that won out as I negotiated with myself for the first 20 minutes to cut today's walk short. As unpleasant as it seemed when I walked outside and the 48-degree fog decided to start falling, on the last quarter-mile I've whipped the hoodie off and I'm hauling ten kinds of ###.

The scale says I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Got a good little rhythm going. Happy Carb Cycling Day!
Lol at your unpleasant 48 degrees. 

The temperature I could handle, but I'm a wuss about precipitation. Forecast high for Sunday is 16, and I'm arranging things so I don't have to go outside that day.  :lmao:
We  had another snow storm today and there's five more days of snow predicted in the next ten days. We've had more snow in the last week than we got all last year.  I think I'm just going to buy a month's worth of food and concede the outside. 

@fred_1_15301have been slowing my pushups way down and really feel it in my chest.. i think i was using my triceps and shoulders more when I was going faster (which is fine, I cleverly prepared by being equally weak everywhere). If you haven't tried slowly lowering all the way down, give it a shot. 
Thanks - will give it a shot.  I know I’m definitely going too fast.  I skipped today (left shoulder still sore from the shot) but will try 200 tomorrow.

bostonfred said:
@fred_1_15301have been slowing my pushups way down and really feel it in my chest.. i think i was using my triceps and shoulders more when I was going faster (which is fine, I cleverly prepared by being equally weak everywhere). If you haven't tried slowly lowering all the way down, give it a shot. 
I tried this today and it was a lot harder.  That’s a good sign as it means my form was probably off and I’ve hopefully corrected it.  Only did 100 today so still need to make up another 100.

Forgot to post yesterday. The radar indicated showers were coming, so I did laps of my complex instead of my usual route. Bailed at the 3/4 mark when it started sprinkling. The weather continues to deteriorate, and I don't have any trouble telling you folks that it's unlikely I'll do any exercise at all between today and Tuesday. Will still pay attention to what I eat, I'll be fine.

I tried this today and it was a lot harder.  That’s a good sign as it means my form was probably off and I’ve hopefully corrected it.  Only did 100 today so still need to make up another 100.
Yeah I'm splitting it into four sets now with 30 slow and low push ups at the start where I was easily doing 50 quick ones before and finishing in three sets. It's making a huge difference really getting my chest all the way down. I think I'm still engaging my shoulders more than I should, and I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be imagining my shoulder blades touching at the top (scapular retraction) but this definitely is helping. A week and a half in to the 100 daily and I'm definitely seeing results. 

Users who are viewing this thread