What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

Yeah I'm splitting it into four sets now with 30 slow and low push ups at the start where I was easily doing 50 quick ones before and finishing in three sets. It's making a huge difference really getting my chest all the way down. I think I'm still engaging my shoulders more than I should, and I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be imagining my shoulder blades touching at the top (scapular retraction) but this definitely is helping. A week and a half in to the 100 daily and I'm definitely seeing results. 
I just did 150 - slow, controlled chest all the way to the ground.  I do 25 at a time and then take a minute break (sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes lol).  Now I know why I wasn't struggling earlier doing 50 straight.  I was doing them wrong.  I can feel the difference though.   :thumbup:

With the exception of push-ups and one 30 minute body combat session, I essentially took the last 4 days completely off from exercise.  It was glorious!  Back at it this weekend though.  
Yeah, I haven't posted as I haven't had a chance to do anything but my miles since Monday.  Work-life balance is imbalanced.  But hey, I got a "major award" at work on Tuesday for service excellence, which everyone thinks is a big deal but got me a neato lapel pin and no cash.  Thanks.

Gonna try to get at least two yoga sessions in tomorrow and do some of the long ones over the weekend.

Did two shorter Adriene videos today from her February calendar, the 23-minute "Yoga for Insecurity" (no idea WTF that's all about) and the 14-minute "Yoga for Abdominal Wall."  Guess what?  Freakin' side planks!  February seems to be all about the side planks.  Beware.

I'm going to try out the 12-minute "Wind Down Bedtime Yoga" tonight.

krista4 said:
Yeah, I haven't posted as I haven't had a chance to do anything but my miles since Monday.  Work-life balance is imbalanced.  But hey, I got a "major award" at work on Tuesday for service excellence, which everyone thinks is a big deal but got me a neato lapel pin and no cash.  Thanks.

Gonna try to get at least two yoga sessions in tomorrow and do some of the long ones over the weekend.
Congrats on the pin.

You show off.  

Did two shorter Adriene videos today from her February calendar, the 23-minute "Yoga for Insecurity" (no idea WTF that's all about) and the 14-minute "Yoga for Abdominal Wall."  Guess what?  Freakin' side planks!  February seems to be all about the side planks.  Beware.

Please report on the bedtime one. May add that to my fighting insomnia arsenal

Today is the only new Adriene for the month, a 52-minute practice called "Yoga for Uncertainty."  Sneaky difficult.  Nothing ever moves quickly, so I thought it was going to be a breeze, but I found myself shaky by the end.  Going to feel this one tomorrow, I think!  Lots of core, and it even has side planks.
I was looking forward to this one for a weekend day.  Agree that it felt easy but I do have a nice burn in the core. Lots of breathing which is her big thing now I guess but in practice it means that a 52 minute video is only like 45 minutes of yoga.   I do feel better after doing the breathing exercises so it's productive, just not "exercise". Not sure i love rabbit pose but I didn't mind the side planks. The whole practice was good through the core and legs without a lot of sun salutations and warriors. Thanks for sharing. 

The scale says I gained 5.3 pounds this week. I didn't, really, but I lost power for 24 hours in an ice storm, and there were some salt/fat/carb bombs consumed. Then I weighed this morning. I should be able to knock most of that off by next Saturday.

Please report on the bedtime one. May add that to my fighting insomnia arsenal
I forgot to do it last night.  :bag:   In my insomnia at 2:30 a.m., I considered doing it then, but just laid in bed not sleeping instead.  Will try to do it tonight and report back.

This morning I did two more of the shorter (both 19-minute) sessions from the February calendar, "Finding Your Center" and "Full Body Flow."  Don't really recommend the first one as there was very little "exercise," though doing it did make me realize that the Yoga for Abdominal Wall I did yesterday must have been better than I thought, because my abs were sore.  I did like the short full body flow as it was a great workout to fit in if you have very little time - lots of great three-legged-dog to nose-to-knee stuff, side planks of course, and a nice long bit of tree pose near the end.  My tree pose has gotten really strong!

Probably going to do one more session later today, though I've had plenty of "workout" today as I had to shovel snow.  Like 8 inches of freaking snow!  We're not supposed to have that in the PNW.

The scale says I gained 5.3 pounds this week. I didn't, really, but I lost power for 24 hours in an ice storm, and there were some salt/fat/carb bombs consumed. Then I weighed this morning. I should be able to knock most of that off by next Saturday.
Wow, yeah, that can't be accurate.

“Look at me!  I do a great job at work unlike that slacker Alex P Keaton!”

Did another yoga this afternoon - extra credit by moving to tomorrow's 36-minute "Yoga for Love" for Valentine's Day.  Turns out love is slow and boring.  Do not recommend.

Deepen and Flow 49:52 of good challenging work that ends with warrior three (standing splits).  A bunch of vinyasas and some knee to elbow, so this will be right up your alley @krista4if you haven't done this one before.  This is similar to one we did recently but I think it's a little heavier on the balance poses at the end and also does some humble warriors and really gets those legs and hamstrings working. My legs are definitely feeling this. 

Deepen and Flow 49:52 of good challenging work that ends with warrior three (standing splits).  A bunch of vinyasas and some knee to elbow, so this will be right up your alley @krista4if you haven't done this one before.  This is similar to one we did recently but I think it's a little heavier on the balance poses at the end and also does some humble warriors and really gets those legs and hamstrings working. My legs are definitely feeling this. 
Perfect!  This will be on my afternoon agenda.

Wow, that was difficult.  Started off kinda slow and I thought, "what a wimp that bfred is," but then...bam!  There was a point with about 16 minutes left to go, and she let us be in child's pose for three breaths and then said to go back to downward dog and I considered crying instead.  All that balance stuff at the end was hard - I got maybe 3/5 or 2/3 of it in, and not in a really pretty form.  Anyway, good recommendation!  I'm putting it on my list for when I need a leg-heavy workout.

Forgot to mention that I did do the 12-minute "Wind Down Bedtime" last night.  I could kind of see how it might be a good wind down for someone who is not me.  It might have even helped me a little bit in going to sleep.  Not sure.  Worth a shot for my fellow insomniacs.

Wow, that was difficult.  Started off kinda slow and I thought, "what a wimp that bfred is," but then...bam!  There was a point with about 16 minutes left to go, and she let us be in child's pose for three breaths and then said to go back to downward dog and I considered crying instead.  All that balance stuff at the end was hard - I got maybe 3/5 or 2/3 of it in, and not in a really pretty form.  Anyway, good recommendation!  I'm putting it on my list for when I need a leg-heavy workout.
I know the spot you're talking about because i was wiped at that point too. It was right after those triangle pyramid things.  Then when she asked us to go to chair I was like oh no not chair... then she says let's go on one leg and I did not realize there was more but then we go through the whole airplane thing and shes like ok were just going to do that three times and I said three ohnnomthat means three on each leg oh #### but then she said hoo, sorry, have to catch my breath, and I'm like hey let's make a deal we can both quit now but she didn't she never ####### does.

I did manage to finish the balance poses without falling or stopping which was a pretty big deal for a wimp like me but my ankles felt like they might snap at any time.  The figure fours felt like a rest compared to Mr Miyagi and the airplane.  I definitely did not get my chest and leg flat into a t shape like she does but I was probably like 9:30/2:30. 

Today was a lifting day for me so I did weights with it but if I were going to do another yoga with this one and had about 90 minutes total it would be abs arms and attitude. I remember that one being tough but all upper body and this one was really nice lower body workout, the two together or on alternating days would probably be a great combo. 

Today begins my road back to a weight and place where I'm comfortable.  This translates to about 25 pounds in weight and, hopefully, less joint pain.  I eat like an express train.  Still, my normal level of activity usually keeps the weight under control.  But, I tend to lose the bubble at times, especially after injuries and inactivity. 

Sorry Otis, not going with a fad diet.   Plan is to eat less, stretch more and work my way back to an exercise program.  Along the way, I plan to cut back on alcohol; try to stay hydrated; focus on natural, minimally processed foods; and only eat when I'm hungry.  In other words, a figurative piece of cake.

Goal is to lose 2 pounds a week, which would get me to target weight by the middle of May.  That would be more gradual weight loss than some of the low carb diets I've done.  Just need 12-13 weeks of consistency and to clear a hurdle or two, such as the Saint Patrick's Day exception.

OK, its documented.  Time to deliver.

Today begins my road back to a weight and place where I'm comfortable.  This translates to about 25 pounds in weight and, hopefully, less joint pain.  I eat like an express train.  Still, my normal level of activity usually keeps the weight under control.  But, I tend to lose the bubble at times, especially after injuries and inactivity. 

Sorry Otis, not going with a fad diet.   Plan is to eat less, stretch more and work my way back to an exercise program.  Along the way, I plan to cut back on alcohol; try to stay hydrated; focus on natural, minimally processed foods; and only eat when I'm hungry.  In other words, a figurative piece of cake.

Goal is to lose 2 pounds a week, which would get me to target weight by the middle of May.  That would be more gradual weight loss than some of the low carb diets I've done.  Just need 12-13 weeks of consistency and to clear a hurdle or two, such as the Saint Patrick's Day exception.

OK, its documented.  Time to deliver.
Good for you.  I’m re-re-restarting my plan today and want to lose 15 pounds.  I’d like to go at around the same pace as you!

krista4 said:
https://youtu.be/KyBmGfI5OWU

Abs arms and attitude - 32 minutes - another one that starts kinda slow and you do those Charlie's angel fingers and some planks and think ok I guess that's it and then when you get to the balance poses and side planks there's a moment where she says if you need to take child's pose... actually let's all do child's pose, and you'll know it because you will accidentally say oh thank God 

Last edited by a moderator:
So far so good this month.  No drinks until today, but I've already had two Grey Goose mixed drinks for the super bowl :unsure:

Day 6 (killer six pack or whatever) was really hard, my abs are very sore today.  I'll probably add that to my rotation of workouts when the 30 day challenge is over. 

Adrienne is quirky/silly in all the best ways, I may have a bit of a crush on her :wub:  

Eating better this month and tracking calories, checked in at 199 so feel like I'm on track.
What a difference a week makes.  I was planning to be dry during Feb except for two days -  the super bowl and the day I closed on my mortgage refi which happened on the 12th so we celebrated. However, life comes at you pretty fast and I have had drinks on the last 5 days straight  :bag:  New goal (starting tomorrow) is to be dry until St. Patrick's Day, which is about a month from now.  Overall goal of drinking on only 50% of the days is still in tact after 6 weeks, so I have that going for me.

Did the Adrienne yoga for ~12 straight days then stopped for the lasts couple days.  Before starting the 30 day Adrienne challenge (which I failed), I had been doing some lower back stretches and sun salutation every day so I'll always incorporate some type of yoga / stretching going forward - my back feels really good.

Still at around 199 and still eating pretty well, just drinking too much.  I'm going to redouble my efforts for the next month, stop drinking, and lose some weight.

Hey all, haven't checked in for almost a week.  

I think I've beat back my head cold for now.  (Still have some altered taste/smell  :shrug: .)

Been doing the '6 weeks' pushup plan and also doing two sessions of the original Andrea yoga 30 day series since last Wednesday.  I had a four-day weekend, so I didn't really track any food over the weekend but I tried to eat decently well with wine/booze a few nights. 

Weighed in today at 198, the same as I was back on Feb 5 before I started feeling sick.

Getting back on the calorie logging today.  May try to get back on the treadmill also, but the remnants of the cold have settled in my lungs and that's why I've been focused on yoga which allows me to get a full body workout without getting too winded. 

I really, really enjoy yoga.  I feel like it helps build some muscle, but it primarily lengthens and stretches existing muscle and also tones the surface layers.  It also helps keep my shoulders/back/neck in good shape after sitting at a computer 40+ hours a week.  

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hey all, haven't checked in for almost a week.  

I think I've beat back my head cold for now.  (Still have some altered taste/smell  :shrug: .)

Been doing the '6 weeks' pushup plan and also doing two sessions of the original Andrea yoga 30 day series since last Wednesday.  I had a four-day weekend, so I didn't really track any food over the weekend but I tried to eat decently well with wine/booze a few nights. 

Weighed in today at 198, the same as I was back on Feb 5 before I started feeling sick.

Getting back on the calorie logging today.  May try to get back on the treadmill also, but the remnants of the cold have settled in my lungs and that's why I've been focused on yoga which allows me to get a full body workout without getting too winded. 

I really, really enjoy yoga.  I feel like it helps build some muscle, but it primarily lengthens and stretches existing muscle and also tones the surface layers.  It also helps keep my shoulders/back/neck in good shape after sitting at a computer 40+ hours a week.  

Keep up the good work everyone.
I wondered how you’d been doing!  Glad you’re starting to feel better and that you’re enjoying the yoga.

I wondered how you’d been doing!  Glad you’re starting to feel better and that you’re enjoying the yoga.
Re: yoga

Does Andrea have any series that are all 30+ minutes?  While I'm enjoying the yoga, I really want it to be >30mins.  That's the primary reason I've been doubling up, I prefer the 30-50min sessions.  Some of the session in the initial series are <20mins, which makes me feel like I'm just starting to get 'heat' before it's over.

If not her, anyone else someone can recommend that does slightly longer sessions?  

Poke_4_Life said:

Does Andrea have any series that are all 30+ minutes?  While I'm enjoying the yoga, I really want it to be >30mins.  That's the primary reason I've been doubling up, I prefer the 30-50min sessions.  Some of the session in the initial series are <20mins, which makes me feel like I'm just starting to get 'heat' before it's over.

If not her, anyone else someone can recommend that does slightly longer sessions?  
I think her more challenging yoga series are paid on her FWFG channel.  Otherwise we’ve just been trying to note those we’ve enjoyed that are in the longer timeframes.  I know bfred and RAIDERS prefer those.  But I’m not aware of a set 30-day program that is all longer sessions other than maybe the FWFG ones.

Last weekend I started to put together a document that contains all our recommendations from her sessions, though I got bored with doing it unreasonably fast.  If I spend more time on it I could probably get you a good list.  It wouldn’t be curated as a day-by-day program, though.

So I had this giant post about how I stood the line yesterday and won versus stress eating. That was until my 20lb Siberian kitty decided to snuggle smoosh the keyboard and try and get pets.

Long story condensed now: I haven't told the FBGverse but my wife is 23 weeks pregnant. She had suspected blood clot last night in her left leg so we went to the ER. She got an ultrasound and there is no clot, everything is good. I sat in the parking lot (non patients denied entrance) for two hours staring at a McDonalds drive thru contemplating a McFlurrey the entire time. I had 55 calories left on the MFP app after working out yesterday. I didn't do it and then got the good news of no clot. Wife is happy and I stayed on target. GG 🤙

Edit: Stress eating is my downfall usually.

Poke_4_Life said:

I would recommend the following, ranked in a rough top-to-bottom order:

• Yoga with Kassandra - probably my overall favorite Youtube yoga teacher, good well-rounded practices
  • Yoga with Tim - probably my favorite overall male Youtube yoga teacher, good well-rounded practices
  • Cat Meffan - good, more advanced flows
  • Move with Nicole - I use this for pilates and barre, mostly
  • Breathe and Flow - Flow (the guy, I think Breathe and Flow is a couple?) has killer strength/power yoga sequences.  I do his classes when I'm looking for a strength challenge.
  • Sarah Beth Yoga - can be a little repetitive at times, she tends to repeat sequences but not bad.  Has some good options with modifications for sore knees, sore wrists etc.
  • Fightmaster Yoga - very good for vinyasa-heavy, chaturanga-heavy practices, good for the upper body.
  • Alo Yoga - yes, the clothing brand.  Tends to have more cardio-heavy options.  They have all different teachers, some are great, some not so much.
  • Boho Beautiful - good deep stretch classes
  • Sean Vigue Fitness - has some decent yoga and pilates workouts, the main draw is that he's a "normal dude" and not your standard hippy-dippy yoga teacher.
  • Yoga with Candace - she's fine, plenty challenging, her practices tend to be a little slow for my liking.
I have no problem with Adriene, and I know she's well-liked here and whatever gets you on the mat is great.  But I personally prefer all of these above options over Adriene, to each their own.  I recommend checking some of these out if you are looking to branch out.

So I had this giant post about how I stood the line yesterday and won versus stress eating. That was until my 20lb Siberian kitty decided to snuggle smoosh the keyboard and try and get pets.

Long story condensed now: I haven't told the FBGverse but my wife is 23 weeks pregnant. She had suspected blood clot last night in her left leg so we went to the ER. She got an ultrasound and there is no clot, everything is good. I sat in the parking lot (non patients denied entrance) for two hours staring at a McDonalds drive thru contemplating a McFlurrey the entire time. I had 55 calories left on the MFP app after working out yesterday. I didn't do it and then got the good news of no clot. Wife is happy and I stayed on target. GG 🤙

Glad all is well.  

For the record, I would have had a Quarter Pounder meal. I’m weak.  

Fantastic job.  Stress eating and drinking is my downfall, too.  I'm so glad to hear your wife and baby are doing well!  When's her due date?  Is this your first?

And :pics:  ?  Of the Siberian kitty, not the wife, you weirdos.

I would recommend the following, ranked in a rough top-to-bottom order:

• Yoga with Kassandra - probably my overall favorite Youtube yoga teacher, good well-rounded practices
  • Yoga with Tim - probably my favorite overall male Youtube yoga teacher, good well-rounded practices
  • Cat Meffan - good, more advanced flows
  • Move with Nicole - I use this for pilates and barre, mostly
  • Breathe and Flow - Flow (the guy, I think Breathe and Flow is a couple?) has killer strength/power yoga sequences.  I do his classes when I'm looking for a strength challenge.
  • Sarah Beth Yoga - can be a little repetitive at times, she tends to repeat sequences but not bad.  Has some good options with modifications for sore knees, sore wrists etc.
  • Fightmaster Yoga - very good for vinyasa-heavy, chaturanga-heavy practices, good for the upper body.
  • Alo Yoga - yes, the clothing brand.  Tends to have more cardio-heavy options.  They have all different teachers, some are great, some not so much.
  • Boho Beautiful - good deep stretch classes
  • Sean Vigue Fitness - has some decent yoga and pilates workouts, the main draw is that he's a "normal dude" and not your standard hippy-dippy yoga teacher.
  • Yoga with Candace - she's fine, plenty challenging, her practices tend to be a little slow for my liking.
I have no problem with Adriene, and I know she's well-liked here and whatever gets you on the mat is great.  But I personally prefer all of these above options over Adriene, to each their own.  I recommend checking some of these out if you are looking to branch out.
thanks for this.

@Steve Tasker @DA RAIDERS

Five parks yoga is also free on YouTube and pretty good if you don't mind switching from pose to pose quickly and without guidance. Adriene does a good job explaining the poses and telling you when you're going to get tired and that stuff. 5 parks didn't linger in down dog or have you take your dog for a walk, but it was a sweaty good time. 

It would be nice to get a list of sessions that are 40 minutes plus and a rough description of what is in them and how hard they are... @krista4and I have been posting some for Adriene and id be happy to try some new instructors and do the same... just a link to the YouTube, length of time and if it was heavy on certain body parts or did some new pose. Could you guys post here when you do one?

@bostonfred @Steve Tasker @DA RAIDERS

I will probably try Yoga with Cassandra next, since it is at the top of Tasker's list. I'll try to be better about posting short reviews on the yoga vids, especially when I move away from Adriene since she's been mentioned in here a bunch.  

For now I'm still doing double daily of the original Adriene 30-day.  Just finished days 20&21.  21 got a little tough late on with lots of low lunge and then just 'hanging out' in warrior 2.  Day 18 or 19 was a lot of balancing, which I'm surprisingly decent at and actually enjoy even tho it really brings some heat in my legs.  

As for update, still doing yoga twice/day and 6-week pushup program every other day.  (I do the pushups first, which can cause challenges on the arm heavy yoga sessions.) This week I've also had the pleasure of shoveling over a foot of snow, which is a workout but I've been taking that slow because it sucks.  

Still using MFP and eating my exercise calories.  Staying off the booze on 'work nights'.  

I can tell a difference in body tone from the pushups and yoga.

Keep up the good work.  

@Steve Tasker @DA RAIDERS

Five parks yoga is also free on YouTube and pretty good if you don't mind switching from pose to pose quickly and without guidance. Adriene does a good job explaining the poses and telling you when you're going to get tired and that stuff. 5 parks didn't linger in down dog or have you take your dog for a walk, but it was a sweaty good time. 

It would be nice to get a list of sessions that are 40 minutes plus and a rough description of what is in them and how hard they are... @krista4and I have been posting some for Adriene and id be happy to try some new instructors and do the same... just a link to the YouTube, length of time and if it was heavy on certain body parts or did some new pose. Could you guys post here when you do one?
5 Parks is good, sometimes I have trouble hearing her when it's windy outside.  Usually I prefer the classes where the teacher is instructing "live" rather than on a recorded voice-over, but for some reason she gets drowned out sometimes by the background noise.  She's good though.

I will try to remember this.  I don't do a TON of 40+ minute ones, usually 30-35 is my sweet spot, but I will keep this in mind.

I will try to remember this.  I don't do a TON of 40+ minute ones, usually 30-35 is my sweet spot, but I will keep this in mind.
That is fine too I think the consensus here has just been that the 20 to 25 minute ones with five minutes of warm up and cool down are too short unless you double up. 

@bostonfred @Steve Tasker @DA RAIDERS

I will probably try Yoga with Cassandra next, since it is at the top of Tasker's list. I'll try to be better about posting short reviews on the yoga vids, especially when I move away from Adriene since she's been mentioned in here a bunch.  

For now I'm still doing double daily of the original Adriene 30-day.  Just finished days 20&21.  21 got a little tough late on with lots of low lunge and then just 'hanging out' in warrior 2.  Day 18 or 19 was a lot of balancing, which I'm surprisingly decent at and actually enjoy even tho it really brings some heat in my legs.  

As for update, still doing yoga twice/day and 6-week pushup program every other day.  (I do the pushups first, which can cause challenges on the arm heavy yoga sessions.) This week I've also had the pleasure of shoveling over a foot of snow, which is a workout but I've been taking that slow because it sucks.  

Still using MFP and eating my exercise calories.  Staying off the booze on 'work nights'.  

I can tell a difference in body tone from the pushups and yoga.

Keep up the good work.  
What week are you on in the push-up program?  How is the progress?

Fantastic job.  Stress eating and drinking is my downfall, too.  I'm so glad to hear your wife and baby are doing well!  When's her due date?  Is this your first?

And :pics:  ?  Of the Siberian kitty, not the wife, you weirdos.
It's our first. June 14th for the little girl. For the cats, we actually have a brother & sister Siberian mixes. They are balls of fluff and one is the variant breed, a masquerade. We got lucky because the rescue shelter thought one was Siamese and one was a brown barn cat mix. They are awesome cats to own as we have trained them like dogs essentially and are hypoallergenic(helps me out). They are the sweetest and live for snuggles. The girl plays fetch and all.                      

What the website people host picture on to post here. If I remember correctly posting pics lasted all of like week around these parts.

It's our first. June 14th for the little girl. For the cats, we actually have a brother & sister Siberian mixes. They are balls of fluff and one is the variant breed, a masquerade. We got lucky because the rescue shelter thought one was Siamese and one was a brown barn cat mix. They are awesome cats to own as we have trained them like dogs essentially and are hypoallergenic(helps me out). They are the sweetest and live for snuggles. The girl plays fetch and all.                      

What the website people host picture on to post here. If I remember correctly posting pics lasted all of like week around these parts.
Aw, that's all awesome.  I use imgur to post pics here, which seems to work fine though maybe there are better sites.

Aw, that's all awesome.  I use imgur to post pics here, which seems to work fine though maybe there are better sites.
fail, trying again

Yoga , Kitty Condo

Feet Never Safe , Sleepy

I think that worked. Both 3 years old rescue cats, he is 11lb. and he is 19.5lb. Both have persuaded many people we know to get cats as they are so nice and social.

fail, trying again

Yoga , Kitty Condo

Feet Never Safe , Sleepy

I think that worked. Both 3 years old rescue cats, he is 11lb. and he is 19.5lb. Both have persuaded many people we know to get cats as they are so nice and social.
Wow, they're stunning.  I love the "copies yoga"!  :lmao:    

I have an issue with yoga in that my cat Squibby seems to have a crush on Adriene, so when I'm doing it he comes around purring and purring and then licking and biting my fingers and toes.  Sometimes he jumps up and settles in when I'm in a pose, such as when he curls up on my back while I'm in Sphinx pose or on my stomach when I'm in anything on my back.  I'd taken to trying to shut him out of the room, but the other day I didn't realize he had somehow opened the door, until he hurled himself onto my back while I was in tabletop!  My feet are never safe either.

What week are you on in the push-up program?  How is the progress?
Week 3, day 1 today.  I did 78 pushups on Wednesday.  

I've done the program before but never finished it.  I think my form is better this time, as I'm incorporating some yoga thoughts and trying to keep my spine in alignment with a long neck and my hip bone tucked, all while trying to keep my facial muscles relaxed.  That has really helped.

Wow, they're stunning.  I love the "copies yoga"!  :lmao:    

I have an issue with yoga in that my cat Squibby seems to have a crush on Adriene, so when I'm doing it he comes around purring and purring and then licking and biting my fingers and toes.  Sometimes he jumps up and settles in when I'm in a pose, such as when he curls up on my back while I'm in Sphinx pose or on my stomach when I'm in anything on my back.  I'd taken to trying to shut him out of the room, but the other day I didn't realize he had somehow opened the door, until he hurled himself onto my back while I was in tabletop!  My feet are never safe either.
The yoga cat (Theo) is fond of claiming our workout/good yoga mat, so we often have to persuade him with our ####tiest yoga mat, but, that often fails. He also has deemed it food time about half way through a workout. He becomes a giant hangry fluff until food is given. 

I think most animals love it when we get down to there level and just want to join the peoples. Ours just sits there content knowing he can take 30% of the space we need while taunting us to play or snuggle.

I'm on a 19 day streak with MFP and down 4.0 lbs. It is working out great and I enjoy the platform, very easy to use.

After 12.5 months now of deciding to get healthy(for the 2nd time), I am down 23.8 lbs. (11.6%). It's been a up and down year with four distinct blips back up in weight, one of which was 5+ pounds, but the trend line has stayed negative. Also, for the first time ever I have gained muscle outside of my legs(I can do leg day all day bro). And by muscle, I mean a little tiny bit of defilement in my arms, shoulders, and chest to the point where I can feel myself getting stronger. 

Here are my last few check-ins off of MFP. Original starting weight was 204.4lbs. This was after dropping from 242.0 to around 185.0ish in the Insanity days a decade ago(that hurts me).  Since then I was constantly in the 185-195 range until right before Covid when i hit the 200+ mark and decided it was time (again). But food is my main thing and calorie counting is the easiest and cheapest way for me to take that issue off the table.

Weight 2/19/2021180.6 lbs

Weight 2/12/2021181 lbs

Weight 2/05/2021183.2 lbs

Weight 2/01/2021184.6 lbs

Weight 1/10/2021186 lbs

Weight 12/22/2020184.2 lbs

KIDNEY STONE 😭 Basically killed a month.

Weight 11/14/2020184 lbs

Weight 11/11/2020184.4 lbs

Weight 11/07/2020185 lbs

Weight 11/05/2020187 lbs

Holy hell.  Ice is dangerous.  I went out the back door with my dog yesterday evening to get some fresh air for a quick minute while he did his business.  Didn't realize that the water from the roof during the afternoon melt had frozen.  Slipped right onto my ###.  Hard!  I didn't break anything but today I feel like I've been in a car wreck.  My left wrist and upper right hip are very sore.  Also have pain throughout most of my torso from tensing up and keeping my head from hitting the pavement (so glad it didn't).  I think I'm going to soldier on with the yoga and pushups today, just to try to work out the stiff/sore joints and muscles.  We will see.  

Oh, and the fall happened early in the evening...  so I broke my 'no booze on a work night' rule.  Had to have some booze even tho I'm sure it didn't help the pain long term, it provided some temporary mental relief.  

Holy hell.  Ice is dangerous.  I went out the back door with my dog yesterday evening to get some fresh air for a quick minute while he did his business.  Didn't realize that the water from the roof during the afternoon melt had frozen.  Slipped right onto my ###.  Hard!  I didn't break anything but today I feel like I've been in a car wreck.  My left wrist and upper right hip are very sore.  Also have pain throughout most of my torso from tensing up and keeping my head from hitting the pavement (so glad it didn't).  I think I'm going to soldier on with the yoga and pushups today, just to try to work out the stiff/sore joints and muscles.  We will see.  

Oh, and the fall happened early in the evening...  so I broke my 'no booze on a work night' rule.  Had to have some booze even tho I'm sure it didn't help the pain long term, it provided some temporary mental relief.  
Maybe a little Aleve or Ibuprofen along side a heating pad will loosen up things. Take it easyish today.

Users who are viewing this thread