What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (4 Viewers)

Prime of life right there. 
Most definitely. 27-28 was a great time. Old enough with a real job to be taken seriously but young enough to still be selfish, have no real stressors, and could date girls just out of college through their late 30s without it looking "weird."

I love my wife and foster children very much and wouldn't change anything really (aside from trying to not let myself go so badly), but definitely miss the carefree days where my biggest concern was whether to play in the softball, flag football, or poker tournament that Saturday.

@fantasycurse42 @woz  

278.6, 33.2% body fat if the scale works for that.  All time high (or low) for me depending how you look at it.  Have a marathon in 7.5 weeks and I'll begin training tomorrow.  My charity will be JDRF.  Plan is to only eat what I burn off each day in exercise.  That should leave me with my metabolism burning 1700 cals a day based on a test last year.  3.5 lbs a week by 12 weeks = 42 pounds.

Woz - I can do my final weigh Friday morning of March 31 or pack the scale and take it with me on the road and weigh in that evening.  Was out of town today and traveled straight back to work.  Your call.
Actually I'll let you make that call. I'm good with either as I could see it cutting both ways strategy-wise. 

@fantasycurse42 @woz  

278.6, 33.2% body fat if the scale works for that.  All time high (or low) for me depending how you look at it.  Have a marathon in 7.5 weeks and I'll begin training tomorrow.  My charity will be JDRF.  Plan is to only eat what I burn off each day in exercise.  That should leave me with my metabolism burning 1700 cals a day based on a test last year.  3.5 lbs a week by 12 weeks = 42 pounds.

Woz - I can do my final weigh Friday morning of March 31 or pack the scale and take it with me on the road and weigh in that evening.  Was out of town today and traveled straight back to work.  Your call.
You're running a marathon in 2 months at almost 280lbs while running a significant calorie deficit?  Wat?

F.  Plan is to only eat what I burn off each day in exercise.  That should leave me with my metabolism burning 1700 cals a day based on a test last year.  3.5 lbs a week by 12 weeks = 42 pounds.
What does this mean. Just eating to maintenance or only eating what you run off?

Today's Joe Rogan podcast title is WhoIsFat - Day 1. They have some sort of weight loss contest going on. I'll check it out, for as long as I stay awake.

Damn, I stopped following this thread when it was excluding low number posters. Any chance of still getting in? I don't mind being a couple of days short of everyone else. 

Today's Joe Rogan podcast title is WhoIsFat - Day 1. They have some sort of weight loss contest going on. I'll check it out, for as long as I stay awake.
this has been hilarious to follow 

It's between Bert Kreicer(?) and Tom Segura.

Been funny to listen to them talking trash on Rogan's and Ari Shaffir's podcasts. 

#Tomisfat

What does this mean. Just eating to maintenance or only eating what you run off?
Only eating what I run, walk, lift off.  At this weight a brisk walk at 15 min miles will burn close to 650 cal per hour.  Take that to a 5 mile run at a 12 min pace (probably unrealistic right now) and it's over 1000 cal per hour.

Looks like 30 minutes of lifting, 24 min of running, 30 minute of walking should burn 958 cal.  So my goal will be 1000 calories per day intake and hope that just breathing, sleeping, working, etc will burn 1500 in the other 22.5 hours.

"Only eat what I burn off" seems pretty clear.
I dunno some systems have you setup your tdee with the weight you would like to be not the current one. 

That seems insane. I mean I couldn't run for a half hour. That leaves me with half as many almonds as gator had for dinner for the whole week.

I feel awful. Pretty sure I caught the stomach bug from my wife. Laying here in bed since 8pm ET with the shakes and aches and just battling throwing up all of those potatoes and sauce. Thought of it makes me so ill. Even though I boiled up huge pots of potatoes today and put them in the fridge for the week, I may have to chuck all. The sight or smell will make me gag. 

OMAHA. OMAHA. 

I'm gonna change it up and just try "give up booze, eat reslly healthy and sensibly," and see where it takes me.

On the bright side, If I manage to start throwing up right now I'll easily lose a couple more lbs tonight.  #leaderboard, britches

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm too late to get in on this, but I'll follow/play along and throw some money at the winners charity at the end. I was 229.0 this AM, I need to get down to at least 210 or so.

I feel awful. Pretty sure I caught the stomach bug from my wife. Laying here in bed since 8pm ET with the shakes and aches and just battling throwing up all of those potatoes and sauce. Thought of it makes me so ill. Even though I boiled up huge pots of potatoes today and put them in the fridge for the week, I may have to chuck all. The sight or smell will make me gag. 

OMAHA. OMAHA. 

I'm gonna change it up and just try "give up booze, eat reslly healthy and sensibly," and see where it takes me.

On the bright side, If I manage to start throwing up right now I'll easily lose a couple more lbs tonight.  #leaderboard, britches
Otis this won't win you the contest, but get on myfitnesspal, track everything, and end the day with a caloric deficit every day.  You can drink some days, eat crazy some days, skip any excercise some days.  Just keep under that goal and you will lose weight.  It works for me every time I stick to it.  Which i'm going to do starting tomorrow (I've had this start date pegged for a while) but it won't win a contest because it's a real, sustained way to lose weight and keep it off.  Just my advice.  You do you.

OMAHA. OMAHA. 

If you cut out red meat and dairy plus all pork and limit all sugar you can wipe out the field here. Think low fat at all times.

Plain grilled fish n salad for dinner, Oatmeal with all the fixins for breakfast, lunch is for losers so you can skip that. Let's go Otis, you have a rep to protect here. 

Otis this won't win you the contest, but get on myfitnesspal, track everything, and end the day with a caloric deficit every day.  You can drink some days, eat crazy some days, skip any excercise some days.  Just keep under that goal and you will lose weight.  It works for me every time I stick to it.  Which i'm going to do starting tomorrow (I've had this start date pegged for a while) but it won't win a contest because it's a real, sustained way to lose weight and keep it off.  Just my advice.  You do you.
This is probably good advice. 

Can't wait to throw out all those potatoes. Every time I think about them I want to vomit. I may never eat another potato in my life. 

That's what worked for me in the past and doing it again now

this has been hilarious to follow 

It's between Bert Kreicer(?) and Tom Segura.

Been funny to listen to them talking trash on Rogan's and Ari Shaffir's podcasts. 

#Tomisfat
Off topic, I checked out Bert Kriescher's stand-up on YouTube. I nearly hurt myself from laughter. Very funny, and scary too.

@fantasycurse42 @woz  

You will probably win if you do this.  Downside is you may die.

It's interesting who has the advantage here.  Lots of fatties but what is optimal for a 3 month "sprint"?  

Will anybody be able to do better than 2 lbs a week?  3 lbs?  That's either 24 or 36 lbs.  40 or 50 lb lost?  Seems doable - if so, then I'm thinking somebody in the 260-280 range may be best situated to win.  Thoughts?

It's interesting who has the advantage here.  Lots of fatties but what is optimal for a 3 month "sprint"?  

Will anybody be able to do better than 2 lbs a week?  3 lbs?  That's either 24 or 36 lbs.  40 or 50 lb lost?  Seems doable - if so, then I'm thinking somebody in the 260-280 range may be best situated to win.  Thoughts?
I think it's possible someone could lose 50 pounds.  I think the heavier participants have an advantage.  If you ever watched The Biggest Loser, some of the biggest contestants would drop like 10 pounds a week, at least in the first few weeks.  I don't expect anyone here to match that pace if they have normal lives with work and family.

Of course, I think most of The Biggest Loser people end up gaining back the weight after the show ends.  So I think it makes sense for the competitors here to focus on sustainable long-term changes, even if that's not the best way to win the contest.  But I'm rooting for insane diets and spectacular short-term successes and failures.

I plan on losing 1.5 lbs a week. Won't win the contest but best for my long term goal

Yeah, wondering what percentage will win this thing. So let's say the winner is 210 and losing an average of 3 lbs a week (I know 2 lbs is usually the "average max".

So 3 lbs times 12 weeks is 36 lbs.....now he's at 174 lbs. That's a 17.2% loss. 

I wonder if that's good enough.

After you start typing it, the site will show you different user names matching what you started typing....select one of them and it should work. If it's blue, it worked.

PM shuke if you need more help.
That was easy.   Thanks.  One time I tried starting with "@", that suggestion list didn't show up so I just added to the long list of thing I was ignorant on.   

I'm going to assume that I lose about 15 pounds rather quick because I've done it before.  After that initial drop it becomes hard work.  I think. Who knows.

Just for fun I weighed myself on my wife's Xmas present from her mom I #### you not. 

207 was where the scale stopped. Even at 6-2 I have plenty more to come off. I would like to take it down to 180 but that 180 needs to be hard and not soft. 

Some of you may recall I was pushing 3 bills in California. Really was not doing well and my only words of advice are things I discovered thru my IBS diagnosis which btw I had to diagnose myself, my doctor did not believe me until I mentioned it was working the next she wanted to suddenly sell me IBS in a pack pills and they DO NOT work. 

IBS is all about low fat and that model is actually what most doctors and the medical community preach is the best way to go. I eat meat but it's all white meat turkey and chix. Lots of green salads and fresh fruit. Quinoa and Oatmeal are your best friends and I absolutely must pimp a roasted veggie medley I make with organic purple sweet potatoes, zucc, carrots, butternut squash, you can mix and match but some nights I just eat a couple bowls of roasted veggies and call it a night. 

I thought I was losing weight when I was counting calories and somehow I could never get down much past 250. As soon as I dropped the red meat and a lot of unnecessary sugar the weight started falling off a lot faster. 

Pizza has kept a little of the weight on. I should be 185 already but I don't like to always follow the rules of IBS. I'm on a mission to not eat it much if at all in 2017. And it is a crummy thing in life but so many other people suffer worse and I'm blessed in so many other ways, you just cannot feel sorry for yourself.

The flip side is women you never met before checking you out, even being married it's a good feeling. 

Salmon twice a week. 20 minutes 375 for a nice 1lb piece. All you do is put some fresh dill, very little olive oil and then cut a lemon into about 5-6 nice round slices and cover the salmon with that. Comes out great every time.

Yeah, wondering what percentage will win this thing. So let's say the winner is 210 and losing an average of 3 lbs a week (I know 2 lbs is usually the "average max".

So 3 lbs times 12 weeks is 36 lbs.....now he's at 174 lbs. That's a 17.2% loss. 

I wonder if that's good enough.
If most here are like me, they've spent the last 2 weeks eating & drinking in excess, combined with not exercising or hydrating like they should.  I'll bet there's a lot of inflated (pun intended) weights.  I know mine is.  I wouldn't be surprised if I dropped 10lbs in the first week provided I'm super strict.  I'm going to bet that the winner will be b/w 15-20%.  Even if I hit my all time lowest weight as an adult (155), that would only be a 27lb 15% loss for me...and I don't think I have the metabolism to hit that right now. FWIW, in grad school (14 years ago), I went from 195 to 165 in 3 months (15%).  

Users who are viewing this thread