What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

Did a big shoulder and upper back routine in AM, followed with a flow routine my wife does and she just forced me to do an arm routine also after, then a long walk.   

Watching golf and haven't had a beer yet.  What's happening?  

Day 6 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is my favorite of the series and the one I've done the most - six pack abs.  I do not have six pack abs, but I feel a lot stronger in my core since I started doing this one. Only 18 minutes. Bring a block or a pillow or maybe even a little ball if you have kids.  Would love to hear from anyone who is doing this for the first time to see what you guys think because this one was the first one that made me sit up and take notice that this was hard exercise more than just active stretching. https://youtu.be/tWPpdP4IhEY

Advanced flow is the longest one yet today - a full hour of "weight loss yoga".  Lots of planks and down dogs so I just finished this one and I'll probably have some lunch before doing my push ups later. https://youtu.be/qSG7PsdZG04

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life
Yeah that was hard. Similar to ab ripper I feel it most in my hip flexors, but it definitely gets the abs going as well. 

Day 8. Was a nice stretch. I don't bend in the way Alicia does, but it was relaxing overall. 

I moved a bunch of #### around the house before this, so I needed a rest. Still got 13k steps. 

fred_1_15301 said:
Day 1?  Is this your first time doing yoga?  What types of exercises do you typically do?  As others have stated in this thread, if you keep going things will improve dramatically.  
Pretty much my first time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when she make us lay on our back and touch our feet together and spread our knees. My groin muscles just start shaking within seconds. Hurts like a mother.  Effing Betty. 
Crazy how different yoga is for everyone.

To me that's the "getting a bj" position and I'm like oh hell yes I'd forgotten what this was like since approximately October 2007 and certainly soon thereafter when little baby #### block came to town.

But the abs stuff crushes me while da raiders is like ho hum I guess it's just 20 minutes of nonstop core work like every other day.

I did the Day 6 workout a few weeks ago and was kind of like da raiders thinking it was pretty easy.  However, I did it again yesterday and it felt a lot harder.  I’ll admit that Abs is the one workout that I usually dread.  Most of my Les Mills workouts have an ab segment but I often skip that part.  

meanwhile, i'm sweating bullets and often have to abandon one pose....the pose?  child's pose.  or any variant thereof.   :lmao:  

it's getting better though.  i'm noticing a deeper bend in the knee and more ability to put weight on it, when it it fully bent.  the full squats yesterday, were brutal.  nearly impossible.

was told i looked, "jacked" yesterday.   :blush:

Day 7 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. For those of you who are doing this for the first time, congratulations on making it a full week. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I did then first time around. 

Beginner flow is a little challenging again today. The good news is she takes it a little easier on the core because you worked it yesterday. There's some of those lift your leg up in downward dogs and bring your knee up, not too bad. The bad news? Introduction to side planks. Glll peas. https://youtu.be/P1SvHXqenPs

Advanced flow is a little easier, under half an hour today which is a nice respite after 45 and 60 the last two days.  Some obliques and abs with a couple new variations on planks, and also some warrior poses including that warrior 3 balancing. Good stuff. https://youtu.be/vTMdISoaKT4

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

@ragincajun

I finished the yoga today and did my pushups. I took an extra day off from pushups yesterday as prescribed in the hundreushups.com program and it made a huge difference.  @Maurile Tremblay I really think this is the better approach - I started around 10 pushups two weeks ago, and i did 63 pushups today (sets of 14, 14, 10, 10, 15) in under 10 minutes. My endurance is getting better, my form was nearly perfect today and I feel the difference. I think about your way sometimes on my scheduled rest days and I don't think I could do it with the daily yoga too although I do think the yoga is helping a lot with my overall strength including all the arm/shoulder/core/glutes used in pushups. 

I finished the yoga today and did my pushups. I took an extra day off from pushups yesterday as prescribed in the hundreushups.com program and it made a huge difference.  @Maurile Tremblay I really think this is the better approach - I started around 10 pushups two weeks ago, and i did 63 pushups today (sets of 14, 14, 10, 10, 15) in under 10 minutes. My endurance is getting better, my form was nearly perfect today and I feel the difference. I think about your way sometimes on my scheduled rest days and I don't think I could do it with the daily yoga too although I do think the yoga is helping a lot with my overall strength including all the arm/shoulder/core/glutes used in pushups. 
You still running on top of all this? 

Day 7 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. For those of you who are doing this for the first time, congratulations on making it a full week. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I did then first time around. 

Beginner flow is a little challenging again today. The good news is she takes it a little easier on the core because you worked it yesterday. There's some of those lift your leg up in downward dogs and bring your knee up, not too bad. The bad news? Introduction to side planks. Glll peas. https://youtu.be/P1SvHXqenPs

Advanced flow is a little easier, under half an hour today which is a nice respite after 45 and 60 the last two days.  Some obliques and abs with a couple new variations on planks, and also some warrior poses including that warrior 3 balancing. Good stuff. https://youtu.be/vTMdISoaKT4

@ragincajun
I forgot to report in yesterday, but I did complete both yesterday and today.  I enjoyed yesterday's but just wish it were shorter.  None of the individual poses were difficult, but at an hour total it did feel challenging.  Wait, I take it back; I did find the very first pose where you "hover" on the tops of your feet a bit difficult. And I :lmao:  reading RAIDERS's post since that deep squat was my favorite part!  We definitely have different strengths and weaknesses.  Downsides to yesterday's workout were that she was back in what I assume was her "old" set, which is ugly, and that some dude suddenly starting talking to her at one point - wtf was that?  Also no Benji, but an appearance by another dog who started licking her - that was a highlight.  I figure that might be her old dog that could have passed away, and Benji is the new dog?

Today's was nice and another one I could see wanting to do more often.  I love the various warrior poses.  

I also laughed out loud yesterday when she said to "hop to" a plank.  I can't imagine what would have befallen me if I'd tried that.

I don't know if you guys are being all that encouraging.  :lmao:

Ten days off and I still have tenderness around the lower edge of my left kneecap. At least my weight has remained stable.

Taking a five-day weekend starting Thursday, where I will eat like a lumberjack and get 12-15K steps a day. Bet I don't gain an ounce.

Day 7 in the books. Morning was shot because family. But still managed to sneak downstairs in the afternoon for yoga followed by a row. 

Side planks are lolworthy. Yeah no, I ain’t holding all my body weight up on one wrist like that. Talk to me after I lose a few lbs....  for each of those I collapsed in a heap 2 seconds in. Tune in for Day 8, pinky planks  

some dude suddenly starting talking to her at one point - wtf was that?  Also no Benji, but an appearance by another dog who started licking her - that was a highlight. 
Ok so not that I'm really complaining but yesterday was the creepiest camera angles of all the videos ive seen. That guy was zooming in a bit opportunistically, and at one point just walked up in front of her and zoomed in down her shirt.  Then when he talked out loud and asked her to re shoot something....  I wonder if we'll hear from him again tbh. 

I just completed the most brutal body combat workout ever.  My HR was residing around 160-175 the entire hour.  Will do Day 7 yoga tonight.  

Isn't there a no booze February thread?  Is it February already?  Nope?  I'm still drinking!
back in the pre cornavarious days, i used to do a KILLER, kettlebell combine workout.  it was only great, when alex taught the class.  just so gnarly.   4 circuits with 6-8 different moves, in  each circuit.  2 minute rest every 12 minutes.  i miss that class.  every saturday at 10.   :cry:  

Ok so not that I'm really complaining but yesterday was the creepiest camera angles of all the videos ive seen. That guy was zooming in a bit opportunistically, and at one point just walked up in front of her and zoomed in down her shirt.  Then when he talked out loud and asked her to re shoot something....  I wonder if we'll hear from him again tbh. 
I May need to check out this yoga thing.  

Day 7 ✅  side planks were as advertised. Modifying by putting the top leg down allowed me to hold them for a bit. Killers on the wrists though. Must not be doing enough of the fabled ‘wrist yoga’. 

Yoga was followed by a good row. Only 2 more before the 2k challenge. I should space them out but I head out of town Saturday so am thinking Monday and Tuesday then race Thursday. 

Day 7 in the books. Morning was shot because family. But still managed to sneak downstairs in the afternoon for yoga followed by a row. 

Side planks are lolworthy. Yeah no, I ain’t holding all my body weight up on one wrist like that. Talk to me after I lose a few lbs....  for each of those I collapsed in a heap 2 seconds in. Tune in for Day 8, pinky planks  
You’re going to kill the head stand!!

And can we talk about Shirley, being able to put her head, flat on the ground, in a wide legged, forward fold. Wtf was that?  I can get my palms to the ground, but my head still had at least 3 feet to go. :lmao:

Day 7 (Beginners) was probably the most challenging so far.  I was still able to get through it without too many issues.  I actually did fine with side planks but I've been doing a good amount of arm strengthening workouts of late so I was prepared.  

On another note, this chick has me cracking up every single day.  Today it was getting distracted pulling a piece of lint off her mat.  She's so adorable.   

back in the pre cornavarious days, i used to do a KILLER, kettlebell combine workout.  it was only great, when alex taught the class.  just so gnarly.   4 circuits with 6-8 different moves, in  each circuit.  2 minute rest every 12 minutes.  i miss that class.  every saturday at 10.   :cry:  
Ironically I never even got into these type of workouts until Covid.  I used to go to the gym 4 days a week and basically just run on the treadmill for like 30 minutes.  My wife would always do these classes (including body combat) and try to get me to join her.  Now that I'm doing them, I will never go back to the treadmill again.  These workouts are so much fun and I can feel the effect on my body.  

Day 7 (Beginners) was probably the most challenging so far.  I was still able to get through it without too many issues.  I actually did fine with side planks but I've been doing a good amount of arm strengthening workouts of late so I was prepared.  

On another note, this chick has me cracking up every single day.  Today it was getting distracted pulling a piece of lint off her mat.  She's so adorable.   
She's so goofy and endearing.

Day 8. Woke up really achy. I’m assuming it was yesterday’s yoga, or maybe just the combination of the yoga, rowing, and intermittent pushups over the course of the week without rest. 

The good news is that Mrs. O got up early with me and I got in a row ( @eaganwildcats — it was workout 3 with Eric, which is the 1000m race — just like last time I came out blazing with like a 1:40 split for the first 500m, and then my cardio gives out and I just can’t catch my breath and I start to slow way down — just a 3:57 — obviously need to improve my conditioning), and Mrs. O will do a walk. And then later I’ll fit in Yoga for a work break.

Hopefully with Mrs. O now on board again and not drinking, I can really settle in with a diet to match this exercise routine. 

Day 8 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. Welcome to week two.

Beginner flow is a little different today.  It's called yoga for healing ad meditation and it's less exercise and more stretching. Lots of those wide legged stretches so if those are difficult for you this will help expand your range of motion a little. You might want a blanket and a block today. Bonus - you'll get your first chance to try crow pose where you sit down and then if you are a twenty something world famous internet yoga instructor i guess you just bounce that up so you are balancing on nothing but your hands. If I have ever successfully done that it was for approximately .1 second at a time before continuing to roll and land on my face.  Don't worry, the advanced flow does this too today, so if you fail at it, just known that I will be failing with you today. https://youtu.be/UlW77conmAc

Advanced flow is fun because it's out on the beach today but it is also a little bit of everything we all wanted plus everything we each hate. Case in point - we'll be doing lots of those three legged dog knee to elbow things, but also the getting a blowie pose lying down with the knees wide and heels touching. We'll do that froggie squat thing and try crow pose again like the newbs. Oh also we will be channeling daniel san with some warrior 3 and crane pose. When do right no can defend.  https://youtu.be/Ido0fK6uBi8

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life @ragincajun

Yeah I'm not even attempting that hand balance thing.  WTF?  I would love to know if anyone in here can do that.
She did it twice in the beginner series once day 8 and again on one of the last days, so today will be my third attempt. 

I feel like this pose might be easier for a spry 28 year old yoga instructor wearing tacky gripped yoga pants than a middle aged man who's learning how to do pushups, balancing twice her body weight on brittle wrists with his elbows pinned to his sweaty leg hair. Not exactly a level playing field. 

Ugh, no yoga for me yesterday.  Was busy doing all kinds of crap so contractors can start today.  Hopefully can get in day 9 this afternoon.  Wife and I may have to start doing the yoga sessions in the evening, I dunno.  

Still been eating decent and getting 10k steps per day, so it's not like I've fallen off the wagon.  Just will be tough to get in the yoga with half my house being remodeled.

Ugh, no yoga for me yesterday.  Was busy doing all kinds of crap so contractors can start today.  Hopefully can get in day 9 this afternoon.  Wife and I may have to start doing the yoga sessions in the evening, I dunno.  

Still been eating decent and getting 10k steps per day, so it's not like I've fallen off the wagon.  Just will be tough to get in the yoga with half my house being remodeled.
You were two days ahead of us. Now you're one day ahead.  Back to it.

I tried to do “the crow” this morning for giggles.  I immediately fell back into the squat.  Count me in the “no I cannot” column.
You were actually the only person in this thread who I figured might have a shot.  This is deflating to hear.      :(      Friggin 20 something hot yoga instructors.......

You were actually the only person in this thread who I figured might have a shot.  This is deflating to hear.      :(      Friggin 20 something hot yoga instructors.......
I have less weight to hold up, but I’m sorely lacking in upper body strength.   :(  

Yeah I'm not even attempting that hand balance thing.  WTF?  I would love to know if anyone in here can do that.
i can do it.  i fall out of it a lot, but i can get up there.  sometimes i do well with it, other times, not so much.  i'll see how it goes today  :yogivoice:  just like life, you have good days in yoga, and not so good days.  it's what you make of them. :yogivoice:  

i can do it.  i fall out of it a lot, but i can get up there.  sometimes i do well with it, other times, not so much.  i'll see how it goes today  :yogivoice:  just like life, you have good days in yoga, and not so good days.  it's what you make of them. :yogivoice:  
Nice.  You do a lot of strength training so I guess I'm not surprised.  Maybe I'll get there one day now that I'm adding in more strength workouts.  I'll give it a shot today but not very optimistic.

Yeah that was faster paced than I realized. Sweaty mess. Crow pose sounded like someone dropped a suburban house husband on a wet windshield. I got myself up into the air fine but then my legs just kind of squeegied off my elbows until I thudded on the ground.   

Daniel sans were fun, but I'm pretty sure I did not do right, so you probably could defense. I did not attempt the kick or bend my wrists despite the temptation. 

Super weird having her narrate as a voice over. She sounded way too scripted.  I guess it beats trying to hear her over waves and seagulls but I thought outdoor yoga would be more fun than this. Luckily it looks like she's back in the home studio tomorrow. Schedule day off from pushups for me and I've taken a couple unscheduled days off from running so I'm going to go hard tonight with the extra glycogen in those muscles.  LFG

Nice.  You do a lot of strength training so I guess I'm not surprised.  Maybe I'll get there one day now that I'm adding in more strength workouts.  I'll give it a shot today but not very optimistic.
made it up the first time, no problem.  immediately fell out.  got back up, no problem.  held it for a while.  maybe slightly more than half the time.  fell out.  final attempt was an abject failure.   :lmao:   

today's courage session, was no joke.  i didn't love the voice over, but did enjoy the sped up pacing.  i am now hoping to plank, fun!  

i expect tomorrow's vinyasa, to be quite hard as well.  and then it's core day!! @bostonfred

Users who are viewing this thread