What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

Day 9 of Yoga w/ Adrienne was a legit workout for me.  Hardest one yet by far.  Lots of work in the high lunge position.  Really glad I did it as it helped work out some kinks in my back/neck from moving stuff yesterday.  

Sidenote:  Is it a yoga thing or a just a Adrienne thing to say 'heat' when she actually mean the muscles are screaming out in pain?

Super weird having her narrate as a voice over. She sounded way too scripted.  I guess it beats trying to hear her over waves and seagulls but I thought outdoor yoga would be more fun than this. Luckily it looks like she's back in the home studio tomorrow. Schedule day off from pushups for me and I've taken a couple unscheduled days off from running so I'm going to go hard tonight with the extra glycogen in those muscles.  LFG
I didn't like the voiceover either, nor the background music.  Today's workout was just meh for me; not a favorite.

Yep tried the crow hand balance thing and I’m not even close to being able to do that (and I don’t think that I ever will be).  The good news is that it’s probably the first thing she’s done that I couldn’t even come close to doing.

I tried to do “the crow” this morning for giggles.  I immediately fell back into the squat.  Count me in the “no I cannot” column.
Honestly that was kind of fun. And I did it for a millisecond. But I believe I could do this with a little practice. 

Day 8 was pretty great.  Stretching and relaxing. Yes some tough stretches but felt good. 

it’s good that it was an easy day because I woke up a little broke. Good sleep tonight and back at it tomorrow. 

Yep tried the crow hand balance thing and I’m not even close to being able to do that (and I don’t think that I ever will be).  The good news is that it’s probably the first thing she’s done that I couldn’t even come close to doing.
Give it time. I’m finding some of the subtle little things she says, make a big difference. Looking forward on the crow pose helped me a lot. 

Day 8 stretch was nice. Maybe half a second holding the crow. Can’t remember the name but liked the last stretch (not counting just laying there as a stretch). 

Asensai was a 2k ‘practice’ laddering from 24 strokes per minute to 30. Ended up going for it as is my usual and clocked in at 7:05.8. Super happy with that time and gives me something to shoot for going forward. Going to eschew pushing again later this week in favor of some more mild exercise. 

Did my run tonight and after some unplanned rest I thought I would have energy to spare. Instead, I struggled badly through the first mile and my knees felt wrong.  Not pain, just wrong. Thought about quitting then decided to slow down instead and noticed that my wife had been using the treadmill before me and left the incline cranked up. Dialed it back down and wa la, I'm running full speed again.  That seems like something I should do once in a while, but I'd just like to know about it before I start next time. Hopefully it helps me with the next run...

I'm on the fence about doing another workout tonight (got the yoga in this afternoon).  I just finished working and it's getting kind of late.  But I'm so motivated these days to hit my calorie goal that I think I should just power through a 30 minute exercise.  Sigh.

Tony would coach it a little.  The goal is to slowly get your weight off your feet while keeping your center of balance also backwards. She was like full send yeet it. 

It's 100x harder if a sweaty greasy guy.  

It seems strange that people who have trouble with the squat are the ones who are having best luck with the crow.  You're still in the squat position, but in the air.  
no weight on my knee.  i can bend it all the way, most of the time.  add weight to it, and it hurts.  badly.  scar tissue.  i've made stride, during this challenge.  i actually sat on my heels for a bit today, and child's pose is becoming more palatable.  that flat footed squat?  no fing way.  yet

Did my run tonight and after some unplanned rest I thought I would have energy to spare. Instead, I struggled badly through the first mile and my knees felt wrong.  Not pain, just wrong. Thought about quitting then decided to slow down instead and noticed that my wife had been using the treadmill before me and left the incline cranked up. Dialed it back down and wa la, I'm running full speed again.  That seems like something I should do once in a while, but I'd just like to know about it before I start next time. Hopefully it helps me with the next run...
:lmao:   

runnings hills is awesomely hard.   go for it.

I am back from the beach and decided to end the HOME series and start courage. Did days 1 and 2 yesterday in an effort to catch up, but then noticed some days are 60 minutes, so not sure if I can double up those days. 

overall COURAGE is much more of a challenge. I like/hate it. 

I want to say good job for everyone doing this challenge. 

Day 9 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. When you are done today you're officially 30 percent through this. 

Beginner flow is called a detox flow. It's like she's talking directly to Otis. Lots of lunges and some good stretching and twists, and even a couple bonus push ups just to keep you on your toes. https://youtu.be/1erFYeJo_r4

Advanced flow is another outdoor session but this time she wears her microphone so it's a lot better. It's a 40 minute vinyasa flow, which, if you don't know what that means, is a lot of sweaty exercise. It's mostly stuff we've done before, but fast paced. And yes, we get to try and fail at crow again. Warning for people whose s.o. is in the house but not joining them - you will do that thing where you lie on your back, legs up in the air and wide apart, so lock the door. Oh, and Da Raiders, we start in child's pose. https://youtu.be/9kOCY0KNByw

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life @ragincajun  @The Flying Turtle

Does Drinking a Lot of Water Help You Lose Weight?

LINK to graph   

Does Drinking a Lot of Water Help You Lose Weight?

There are many claims that increased water intake may reduce body weight by increasing your metabolism and reducing your appetite.

According to two studies, drinking 17 ounces (500 ml) of water can temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30% (8Trusted Source).

The image below shows this effect. The top line shows how 17 ounces (500 ml) of water increased metabolism. Notice how this effect decreases before the 90-minute mark (9Trusted Source):

The researchers estimated that drinking 68 ounces (2 liters) in one day increased energy expenditure by about 96 calories per day.

Additionally, it may be beneficial to drink cold water because your body will need to expend more calories to heat the water to body temperature.

Drinking water about a half hour before meals can also reduce the number of calories you end up consuming, especially in older individuals (10Trusted Source, 11Trusted Source).

One study showed that dieters who drank 17 ounces (500 ml) of water before each meal lost 44% more weight over 12 weeks, compared to those who didn’t (12Trusted Source).

Overall, it seems that drinking adequate amounts of water, particularly before meals, may have a significant weight loss benefit, especially when combined with a healthy diet.

What’s more, adequate water intake has a number of  other health benefits.

SUMMARY

Drinking water can cause mild, temporary increases in metabolism, and drinking it about a half hour before each meal can make you automatically eat fewer calories. Both of these effects contribute to weight loss.

Good flow today.  Not too hard but enough to break a sweat for 40 minutes. I almost did crow today. Not for long, but I was up and supporting myself more than I ever have before.  If anyone wants to practice just crow pose she has a video specifically for it- https://youtu.be/DgvjvwPGLPY - please excuse the first few seconds of double you tee eff you might feel when watching this. 

Going to take a little rest before doing my hundredpushups.com sets and then pick up some groceries before I go for my run this evening. Gll yoga peeps

i subscribe  to the water theories.  another that i agree with, is drinking 12+ ounces, immediately before bed.  helps expand the capillaries and increases heart health at a time when your body is in recovery mode.

day 9 of the double up.  twas hard.  

side planks in day 23 and a decent vinyasa in 9.  my side plank was way more stable.  i was able to lift my leg a bit.  crow went well, only fell out twice.  and i've taken to hopping, both forwards and backwards, when prompted.   that foldy arm bit, (eagle?) is unpossible.  i am no near folded up.  and damn!,  that side twist, leg raise, and then back to lunge was hard.

keep it up people!

thx @bostonfred

Good flow today.  Not too hard but enough to break a sweat for 40 minutes. I almost did crow today. Not for long, but I was up and supporting myself more than I ever have before.  If anyone wants to practice just crow pose she has a video specifically for it- https://youtu.be/DgvjvwPGLPY - please excuse the first few seconds of double you tee eff you might feel when watching this. 

Going to take a little rest before doing my hundredpushups.com sets and then pick up some groceries before I go for my run this evening. Gll yoga peeps
I'll give it another shot but I'm gonna be honest with you.  If I go the rest of my life without ever learning how to do the crow pose, I'm not gonna be all that upset.    :shrug:  

Hundredpushups.com week 2 day 2

Sets of 14, 16, 12, 12 and 17.  71 total. 

Form starts to slip at the ends of 16 and 17. I could redo a day or two, but the program has you re-test at the end of week 2 which means one more day before I re-test.

I definitely feel stronger.  For those of you doing 100 pushups daily, good for you. I'll be there soon. Curious what kinds of gains you are seeing and whether you're doing 5 sets of 20, 20 sets of 5, or what. 

Hundredpushups.com week 2 day 2

Sets of 14, 16, 12, 12 and 17.  71 total. 

Form starts to slip at the ends of 16 and 17. I could redo a day or two, but the program has you re-test at the end of week 2 which means one more day before I re-test.

I definitely feel stronger.  For those of you doing 100 pushups daily, good for you. I'll be there soon. Curious what kinds of gains you are seeing and whether you're doing 5 sets of 20, 20 sets of 5, or what. 
I’m on day 23 of 100/day. I had the strength to do 100, from day one, as I’ve been doing them sporadically for years. They’re easier now. Almost tedious at times. I’ve taken to doing them in and around my yoga double ups. I do some variation of 25/25/50. Sometimes 50/50. But always at least one 50.  I’ll mix it up, like today and do 25 incline and 25 decline.  The heavy, upper body yoga days, definitely tire me out.  My habit has become 25 pushups, beginner yoga. Immediately start courage and do 50 while she’s warming up.  And then do the last 25 right after courage. 

As far as gains, there is a noticeable change in my upper chest and shoulders. Upper back and triceps are more sculpted and defined as well. 

Watch your wrists and shoulders.  Have fun. 

Day 10 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. When you are done today you're officially 1/3 of the way through this. 

Beginner flow is  a classic today - sun salutations.  If you are new to yoga, you might not know what these are, but you've already been doing most of the moves the last week and a half.  It's a nice full body flow that you can do any time on your own or watch the video to hear her talk about her nice juicy uttanasana. https://youtu.be/8AakYeM23sI

Advanced flow is a yoga for core strength. Nothing helps me wake up after a night of ill advised mid week drinking like checking to see what horror awaits in a core strength flow so I checked and it's just a bunch of different kinds of crunches and some planks with the little toe taps and that's about it not too bad until side planks oh cool let's do side planks with some kind of bonus movements too oh no.  https://youtu.be/CRKmB-78elI

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies  @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life @ragincajun @The Flying Turtle

I did both Days 9 and 10 first thing this morning.  Thought Day 9 was a good one. Nothing troublesome in either one, except avoiding the crow pose.  I miss Benji, though.

Today I learned that you have muscles in the side of your core called obliques.

Today I also learned that I do not. 
I don't really think in a well rounded program you need to isolate obliques.  It's a tough muscle to hit and can atrophy hardcore though if you don't walk much. 

I don't really think in a well rounded program you need to isolate obliques.  It's a tough muscle to hit and can atrophy hardcore though if you don't walk much. 
Anecdotally, I have a tendency to get lazy with posture during non exercise and form during exercise when I don't consistently isolate core muscle groups. When I sustain it I'm just in better overall balance at all times. 

Day ten in the books. 1/3 to the finish line. @bostonfred will likely start the 100 push up program next week. How far are you? I’ve started it in the past a few times but never finished. 
I finish week 2 tomorrow, but I ended up doing week 1 day 2 twice and week 1 day 3 twice because I was struggling with my form at the end of my sets. I struggled with the last couple yesterday too, so I'm going to be super careful with moving up. I'm not trying to impress anyone and there's no reward for finishing "on time" but there's a huge reward for finishing stronger and injury free. I already seen some results. 

I finish week 2 tomorrow, but I ended up doing week 1 day 2 twice and week 1 day 3 twice because I was struggling with my form at the end of my sets. I struggled with the last couple yesterday too, so I'm going to be super careful with moving up. I'm not trying to impress anyone and there's no reward for finishing "on time" but there's a huge reward for finishing stronger and injury free. I already seen some results. 
Yeah I think in the past I went to the next week before I was ready and it’s kinda a bummer. Smart to just keep going until you feel good about the week you are on. 

Day 11 and I’m feeling more achy with each morning.  Wondering if at some point a rest day wouldn’t be such a terrible idea....................

Users who are viewing this thread