What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (3 Viewers)

Fred is right.

FWIW I didn't exercise today.  ZERO MINUTES.  Decided to take the day off from rowing as I woke up with some pretty sore shoulders (not that kind of muscle soreness, but that kind of soreness that comes from fatigue/overuse).  Feel better already, so I'll row tomorrow for sure.  I'm not convinced it's a great idea to row 10k-14k every single day anyway, need a day off here and there.  Point is, I'm back to hardcore rowing and feeling good about it.  If it's nice this weekend, and any other days in the future, I'll be doing walks and or bike rides later in the day.  That will happen with increasing frequency as the weather in NY gets warmer.

So yeah, I'm good on exercise.  Where I am really struggling since this pandemic is on the eating and drinking.  But Fred is right.  I need to commit. 

Got in three 45 minute walks yesterday and completed my 100 push-ups. This morning I woke up early and took the dogs on a 4.5 mile walk at 7am, and I'm currently 60 into my 100 push-ups. My shoulders and abs are still crazy sore, though, so I'm hoping that'll go away soon, because it sucks. 

Got in three 45 minute walks yesterday and completed my 100 push-ups. This morning I woke up early and took the dogs on a 4.5 mile walk at 7am, and I'm currently 60 into my 100 push-ups. My shoulders and abs are still crazy sore, though, so I'm hoping that'll go away soon, because it sucks. 
i eased up in my quest for 100 in a row, after doing 65/50/50  my shoulders were pissed.  i haven't done them today, probably going to go easy again today.  don't hurt yourself!

i eased up in my quest for 100 in a row, after doing 65/50/50  my shoulders were pissed.  i haven't done them today, probably going to go easy again today.  don't hurt yourself!
felt good, so i went 70/50/50 today.  we'll see how my shoulders felt about that , tomorrow. :D  

60 minutes total for me.

lady raiders 113 minutes.  i gotta start doing her morning yoga!  that's 70-90 minutes, right there.

Skipped yesterday - was up working until 1 AM - it's amazing how little one gets done during the day while trying to work with a 2 year old. Back at it tonight - 10K in ~42 minutes. Been taking family walks but not counting those since they are generally fairly....leisurely. 

Update as of this post

Let me know if I have missed anything thus far - keep on keeping on everyone - awesome to see the updates  :thumbup:

ETA: @krista4 seemed weird you had a gap so realized I missed your post yesterday - that's fixed and will be reflected next update. Too lazy to reload to imgur

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it possible logging in 225 minutes over the first 3 days, jumped on the scale this morning and my weight is actually UP! 

I am a bit depressed and it has me feeling ill will towards the wife who has brought a ton of candy into the house trying to mail out "Easter Baskets" even though we don't go to church. I told her they either get mailed or candy is going in the trash, Bah Humbunny I say. 

207, hit the exercise hard and I popped up to 213 yesterday but didn't want to believe it and then this morning 211...and the Mrs told me stay off the scale and just enjoy the exercise boost and fresh air.

It's easy to post when everything is working well, I guess I'm not eating well enough even though I mostly have had oatmeal for breakfast vs say a muffin or something with little nutrition. I'm eating turkey for lunch, I had shrimp tacos with fresh salsa yesterday. I guess I'm still snacking too much. We had bought extra salsa, gauc, and chips when we had take out at our Mexican spot on Wed, used those up with the shrimp tacos. 

On the flip side in general I feel pretty good. At least I get to smash a little round yellow ball for a while this morning. Fingers crossed we get to play. Just shocking to me, usually I just play Tennis hard 2-3x a week and don't do a lot off the courts. 

Don't you dare feel bad for me, I'm exercising a lot and eventually I will get the food to line up, I just assumed I would free fall to under 200 with 60 minutes of cardio, fat chance!

Yesterday - 60 minutes 

Did a couple miles at 6.3 to 6.4mph then some intervals at 8 and 8.6 (7.5 and 7 minute mile paces). 

I'm still not able to run a fast mile but i feel like I am able to run at 6.3 for a long time now even though that's above my MAF pace. I think that means I'm ready to increase my long run from 5 to 5.5 which means 10k (6.2) is probably a week or two away.  

I'm going to do some yoga today and try to get my kid to do it with me.  He's shown some interest when he was at the gym before all this started so I'm cautiously optimistic. Then I'm going to set up a scavenger hunt around my house with a treasure map and clues because he's getting stir crazy like the rest of us.  

Didn't do anything yesterday.  It was a planned rest day as I've been doing a lot of HIIT lately.  Going to do around a 6 mile run today which will likely take me over an hour.  Going to target 11 minute/mile pace.

60 minute recovery yoga from grokker.  Holy crap that was great.  Specifically designed for runners.  I think I have found my instructor.  

Can I count my time cleaning out the basement and moving furniture upstairs?  I probably sweated more then than I did while I was rowing.  Wife had me rearranging heavy furniture between the girls' rooms, then I was hauling heavy trash up from the basement out to the yard.  Had to be a good hour of back breaking work.  

Can I count my time cleaning out the basement and moving furniture upstairs?  I probably sweated more then than I did while I was rowing.  Wife had me rearranging heavy furniture between the girls' rooms, then I was hauling heavy trash up from the basement out to the yard.  Had to be a good hour of back breaking work.  
I did a ton of furniture moving on Wed/Thurs this week and wanted to count it, too!  (But didn’t.) Harder than anything else I’ve done all week.

Had to wait all day for the rain to clear, but got in 60 minutes of walking.

Saturday mornings are my ***official*** weekly weigh-ins. This morning was 4.7 lbs less than last week.  I'm well aware I didn't lose 4.7 lbs of fat, but after a couple of weeks where it didn't move much, it's nice to see some progress.

I went to play Tennis at a more private setting and pushed for us to get out there 7:30-8:00 am before the Natives have a chance to grumble but it was pushed to 9:30, police arrived at 10, I'm not kidding. We went to another HOA-Condo spot and finished up there, we had two folks who lived there playing with us and at the very end we got a brutal tongue lashing from a resident who came out of nowhere and it made me very depressed, my feelings are obvious since I'm out there in the first place but I want to be crystal clear in this group so there's no delusions...I have no one to blame for any of that heart ache other than myself. I did get 90 Minutes in but it took almost 2.5-3 hours to do it. 

The good news is this, wife asked me to try the scale again after all that Tennis and it magically reads 208 so you can lose a lot of water running like a madman, it's true.  

More good news, Mrs went out for 75 minute walk last night to hit her goals and then she logged about 3 hours on the Paddleboard around the Inlet today. She can have 45 from that I would figure. 

Totals as we make our way thru 4/4. 

Me 60-75-90-90...She 60-75-75-45 

Today was a horrible day from the mental side but it would feel a lot worse if I hadn't done all this other stuff away from the Courts and it proves I can maintain and perhaps even improve my conditioning greatly by diving into more of these cardio focused and strength focused exercises. Going to order some more free weights and move ahead with a mini home gym and see where it leads. Liked the Yoga link Fred. 

I did a ton of furniture moving on Wed/Thurs this week and wanted to count it, too!  (But didn’t.) Harder than anything else I’ve done all week.
I say if you sweat you can count it!

Does mowing the lawn and removing bushes count?
For some reason lawn work seems to me like it should count, but the furniture moving I did shouldn't.  Have no explanation why! 

Today was a horrible day from the mental side but it would feel a lot worse if I hadn't done all this other stuff away from the Courts and it proves I can maintain and perhaps even improve my conditioning greatly by diving into more of these cardio focused and strength focused exercises. Going to order some more free weights and move ahead with a mini home gym and see where it leads. Liked the Yoga link Fred. 
Sorry to hear the mental part, but getting out and exercising like you guys are doing will definitely help with that a bit.

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes
4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 minutes recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

Legs just weren’t feeling it today after 13 of 14 days on the bike, but wanted to do something.

Looking forward to getting on a tennis court again. It's the original HIIT. It's not Tabata, but it's not bad. If I had a wall I could bash tennis balls against, I would do as much of that as I could stand.

For some reason lawn work seems to me like it should count, but the furniture moving I did shouldn't.  Have no explanation why! 
I helped a buddy move today.   He canceled the movers due to C19 so it was the two of us and a lot of heavy furniture and almost 20000 steps.  I fought with  heavy furniture and stairs all day.   Not sure that I will be able to get my body to move at all tomorrow.   

I just want credit for 100 minutes though.   

i was called in to work today.  all quarantine efforts,  reset to day 0.   :hot:   

started drinking, to combat the rona.  forgot i had not done my push ups.  50/30/20,  a few beers, apparently saps ones desire to push the envelope...

i'll go with 2 minutes today.

Otis said:
This is what regular people call chores

lady raiders would like to claim -8 minutes for yesterday.  yes, negative 8.   :lmao:    and then 80 for today.

i took a walk/hike  100 minutes
I'd like to know how she got negative minutes.  :lmao:

I hit exactly 100 minutes today, too!  Beautiful day for a walk - walked down to our marina and looked at boats and houses I couldn't afford.  Also did yoga in the morning.

I feel like asking eagan to wade through posts and get all our times together is a lot of work.  He probably didn't realize how many people would join!  So I'm going to take the burden of mine off and just keep track myself here.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

Total:  413

I'd like to know how she got negative minutes.  :lmao:

I hit exactly 100 minutes today, too!  Beautiful day for a walk - walked down to our marina and looked at boats and houses I couldn't afford.  Also did yoga in the morning.
much napping.  eta:  she just chimed in.."eating, much eating"

what app do you use, that tracks altitude gain and whatnot.  i'm curious what the elevation change is by my house.

I feel like asking eagan to wade through posts and get all our times together is a lot of work.  He probably didn't realize how many people would join!  So I'm going to take the burden of mine off and just keep track myself here.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

Total:  413
good idea

Users who are viewing this thread